• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lance Crown and the Host of the Wind Spirit Sylph (Lance vs Yuno)

Lance is the rival/friend to Mash, and I'm assuming Yuno is the rival/friend of Asta, so of course this won't turn out terribly.

Rules
•Speed is equalized
•Lance can use Graviole Secondths if needed
•Yuno can enter his Spirit of Zephyr state if needed

Lance is in his Divine Visionary Selection Exam Arc key at High 6-C [120.98 Gigatons]; Graviole Secondths is Low 6-B [1.209 Teratons]

Yuno is in his Elf Form (Awakened) key and starts in his Spirit Dive form at High 6-C+ [650 Gigatons]; Spirit of Zephyr is Low 6-B+ [around 4.3 Teratons]

Lance Crown: 0

Yuno Grinberryall: 7 (Arnoldstone18, Arkenis, Nightshade, 45Saef, Testarossa, Panache_X, Kazuma_Kuwabara)

Incon: 0

Last edited:
since you're the Mashle dude, tell me what this Lance dude can do
Well I wouldn't say I'm the Mashle dude, all I do is make Mashle matches. The real Mashle dude is Life of King.

But Lance's main deal is being able to control the forces of gravity. It's mainly used to slam the enemy right into the ground, but it can be used to send rubble hurling at the enemy like projectiles. He's quite proficient with it, with a casual display of his power able to have the range to destroy some parts of a forest. However, he hits his peak with his top tier magic, Graviole Secondths. If he uses it, 4 poles of gravity will appear around the enemy, pulling them apart from those four corners, eventually ripping them apart.

ic, his lifting strength is ******* absurd lol and Yuno didn't have teleportation so it'll crush Yuno if he's not careful
Eh, while the gravity does spawn on the target, if fast enough, said target can avoid it. At least, that's what I'm getting from a reread of Lance's fight against Charles. It's also telegraphed by Lance pointing his wand. Of course, Lance has stupid high stamina as well, having lasted 4 days through brutal training with attacks on all sides.

Also the LS is purely his gravity.

I know about Lance for appearing in the firsts chapters

So, this fight depends of Yuno not using a tornado to literally make his wand blow away and then Lance seems to be completely helpless

Lance landing a gravity spell (extremely difficulty if "is dodgeable" because Yuno in this Key dodges danmaku) would give him the victory) but reading his page, it says that powerfull mages in Mashle can create illusions, if they are not layered like in the case of Katekyo hitman, I believe Yuno with Mana sensing can ignore this

Finally, wands seems to being able to be summoned? So if Yuno blow aways the wand, Lance can just teleport it to his hand?

So, this fight depends of Yuno not using a tornado to literally make his wand blow away and then Lance seems to be completely helpless
It is not so easy. Wizards can be beaten and tortured almost to death and not drop their wands.
but reading his page, it says that powerfull mages in Mashle can create illusions, if they are not layered like in the case of Katekyo hitman, I believe Yuno with Mana sensing can ignore this
If ya click on the scan you will realize that the ilussion is useless 🗿
So if Yuno blow aways the wand, Lance can just teleport it to his hand?
Yeah, sometimes

Last edited:
Yuno is a wind mage. Wind mages are the best at magic detection in Black clover with Luck’s broken magic magic sense being derived from wind magic. Magic detection allows mages to react to attacks from an opponent superior in speed or surprise attacks.

Lance’s graviole seems like a valid wincon however it can be dodged via magic detection. This match will probably be dependent on wether or not Lance can tag Yuno. I believe that is not possible (at least early in the match) and here is why:

With the best magic detection in Black Clover, Yuno has the ability to fly and dodge danmaku skillfully mid flight with his acrobatics. Yuno can also trick his opponent and his fellow squad spectators watching him with a single afterimage which by itself has the ability to dodge attacks and I extremely doubt Lance will realize it is an illusion before he disperses it. Yuno should also have stealth mastery because the golden dawn members or Langris couldn’t detect his actual position and how he created the afterimage in the first place. On top of all this Yuno can greatly improve his magic detection with Mana Zone. Additionally Mana Zone grants a speed and power boost and the ability for Yuno to spawn multiple attacks or increase the size of attacks from any where within the Zone omnidirectionally. Yuno always starts with Mana Zone IC.

The battle will go with Elf Yuno starting by spawning his Spirit Storm behind Lance at point blank range which should be a surprise to Lance. It will hit Lance because of the superior attack speed at point blank range. And since Yuno is already 5.4x stronger than Lance, Mana Zone will increase that gap allowing Yuno to either one shot him or at the very least cripple a flabbergasted Lance. And if Lance’s supernatural willpower allows him to get up from a crippled state then Yuno simply finishes him off after seeing his first attack obviously works.

Summary: Yuno range stomps unless Lance use Graviole, then they are equal but Yuno can easily dodge while Lance can´t

Waiting King to see his opinion, I only know about 7-C Lance

Summary: Yuno range stomps

Is spawning attack on someone range stomping? Hmm never knew.

you know that Lance's Graviole is basically an Demon King Presensce, right

The forest trees thing yeah? idk not read Mashle yet a friend just keep talking about it so much. I know of a crown and Charles fight tho.

Won’t Crown’s first move be limited in radius? Before getting annoyed and resorting to a larger one? Elf Yuno should take care of him before then.

Also, Lucifero’s PODK range is several kilometers in range, crown’s forest feat looks like hundreds of meters, Yuno should be about the same but I said Yuno spawns attacks on people, that isn’t range stomp to me. It’s more like a “my character attacks first” thing.

Won’t Crown’s first move be limited in radius?
What limit would that be? It has never been established.
Before getting annoyed and resorting to a larger one?
No? Lance has shown that he wants to finish his opponent at any cost and as quickly as possible. I don't see the point of this comment. If the opponent has a very large range he will use a large range attack as well
Yuno should be about the same but I said Yuno spawns attacks on people, that isn’t range stomp to me. It’s more like a “my character attacks first” thing.
Any attack will simply be crushed. He doesn't even bother to use his Torture Pole after only a few minutes of fighting

Reminder, Lance's Graviole usually works by Lance pointing at the opponent with the spell practically spawning on them. Same with Graviole Secondth, where it pulls the enemy apart from 4 sides with intense gravity.

What limit would that be? It has never been established.

no you don’t understand, “Limited” was the wrong word for me to use.

He can freely manipulate the range of his spell up to hundreds of meters. I know that. But I ask that won’t the spell start out as just a lower range to deal with one person?

So what I meant was Lance will start with a smaller range of the size of Yuno since it’s just one person he is dealing with. Which Yuno can dodge easily if he doesn’t attack first for whatever reason. But if Lance sees he can’t tag Yuno, he will increase the range of graviole to the point where it would be difficult for Yuno to dodge immediately. However, Yuno would’ve attacked back.

No? Lance has shown that he wants to finish his opponent at any cost and as quickly as possible. I don't see the point of this comment. If the opponent has a very large range he will use a large range attack as well

I know you don’t see the point of the comment because you misunderstood me.

Kazuma’s summary is a bit misleading, Yuno does not “range stomp with a range attack”. He simply spawns an attack anywhere especially directly behind people at point blank ranges to make it difficult for them to react because they will be caught by surprise.

Any attack will simply be crushed. He doesn't even bother to use his Torture Pole after only a few minutes of fighting

Mana Zone + Spirit Storm? But how will he react to crush an attack with amped speed at point blank range at his blind spot?

Reminder, Lance's Graviole usually works by Lance pointing at the opponent with the spell practically spawning on them. Same with Graviole Secondth, where it pulls the enemy apart from 4 sides with intense gravity.

with the little knowledge I have of him, Lance starts out with an opponent-sized graviole but if that doesn’t work, he then sends a second graviole attack at a wider AOE. And we know that Graviole can be detected via magic detection and Yuno has one of the best magic detection in BC as a wind mage.

Now assuming Yuno doesn’t attack first like he always does for whatever reason, he will attack, right after detecting and dodging the first graviole, by spawning spirit storm at an amped speed.

This still would be a range stomp from Yuno´s part if Lance does not start inmediantly with Graviole, Yuno would be effectly be out of Lance´s range

Yep

Yuno can opt for the stealth approach after moving out of range by creating an extremely convincing afterimage and sneak attack Lance.

Mana Zone + Spirit Storm? But how will he react to crush an attack with amped speed at point blank range at his blind spot?

with the little knowledge I have of him, Lance starts out with an opponent-sized graviole but if that doesn’t work, he then sends a second graviole attack at a wider AOE. And we know that Graviole can be detected via magic detection and Yuno has one of the best magic detection in BC as a wind mage.

Now assuming Yuno doesn’t attack first like he always does for whatever reason, he will attack, right after detecting and dodging the first graviole, by spawning spirit storm at an amped speed.
Oh no, I'm just saying it spawns right on the target, not that it can't be avoided. You just need to be faster/have better mobility.

But that won't stop Lance from trying. Like most wizards in Mashle they can take enormous beatings and still continue to fight before pulling out their biggest spell.

Oh no, I'm just saying it spawns right on the target, not that it can't be avoided. You just need to be faster/have better mobility.

But that won't stop Lance from trying. Like most wizards in Mashle they can take enormous beatings and still continue to fight before pulling out their biggest spell.

Oh okay I understand.

But 1-2 attacks from Yuno should be enough because Mana Zone is a big boost and Yuno is already 5.4x stronger. If Lance can take 1 attack and gets up from it, he will probably be too beat up to strike before Yuno finishes him off. Yuno has a habit of ending fights very very quickly similar to Lance.

Back