• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well, it's "supposed to" but near the end it starts to get weird and questions if it even is written by the Lady of Pain and not just a Tout.

So she is the source of the concept of pain.

Also, Zach, I don't think so. She didn't interact with the plot itself at all, just performed in-universe feats (namely, huge scale Law Manip) that justified a shift in edition.

It's unlikely to be Plot Manipulation by just being the Narrator of the Story she's in, but she should have Genius Intellect or something similar.

You see, in Planescape, in order to Understand the Dabus (Even remotely) you need an Intellect Score of 18 (Genius level) and that's to understand them vaguely.

Then it's implied that the Lady can see where-ever Pain is across the Multiverse:

https://imgur.com/SqbsSHD

As well, it maybe that the Multiverse literally dies with the Lady of Pain, and that no matter how hard the Gods try, they cannot stop the Pain from the Lady herself:

https://imgur.com/yvR4e7L

It does explain the one part about Vecna resisting her powers by surpressing the pain.

It has a bunch of these little parts where it talks about people experiencing Death and Pain across the Multiverse and the Lady sees it.

> You see, in Planescape, in order to Understand the Dabus (Even remotely) you need an Intellect Score of 18 (Genius level) and that's to understand them vaguely.

That's the symbols and do you have a quote for the INT score needing to be 18?

The Lady of Pain should have Nigh-Omnipresence in Sigil (Her Domain):

https://imgur.com/kjHzdll

The Lady touches the Man (Who's possibly empowered by a God) and kills him, she's "a pace away" yet he cannot see her, no one can. Which suggests to me that she may be using some form of Invisibility (HIGHLY unlikely) or she has a form of Nigh-Omnipresence. This is further contrasted when she says that she does not know where Sigil starts and she ends.

Alright. That sounds plausible, moreso for the second thing than the first, which makes for good supporting statements.

>That's the symbols and do you have a quote for the INT score needing to be 18?

Ah, from what I've found, it's 13 not 18, but in one fo the Guides, I believe you need a High Roll, I believe it's in "Die, Vecna, Die!"

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Her intellegence should be far higher
Not entirely sure about it though, considering that Bootleg doctor doom Vecna outsmarted her
Well, it wasn't even his Plan, it was the Serpent's plan.

Also, Supergenius Intellect.

She's probably like, Genius as a baseline I guess since most higher level beings are rated as such. But its hard to rank her higher than that without getting into guesswork. People of like, Vecna's tier are so smart there's a DM option that they can perfectly guess every single action a person can do in combat which would include BS like spells and equitment hax.

I think she should have

"Unknow, possibly Supergenius"

As apparently no one can understand her motives. Not even other Gods.

"Unknown, seemingly very high, possibly supergenius. Comparable to Vecna, who has an intellegence rating of 43. Even the most intellegent of gods, who are easily on this level of intellegence, were incapable of outsmarting her."

I think back in 2e you rolled a d20 and tried to get your ability score or lower to succeed. So if you had a INT of 18 you needed to get a 18 or lower to understand them.

That's actually like tier 6 weirdly enough

Golden Forge is probably some unknown Godly/Dwarven super forge. Even assuming that you need to physically travel there, there are spells that can nullify the heat damage.

That's interesting that could upgrade some of the Mortals.

Also, the Lady of Pain knows the beings suffering and knows all Pain across the Multiverse as well additionally, she knows their future, she also adresses the Reader directly, so possibly 4th Wall breaking:

https://imgur.com/qbAmUq0

Oh.

Is that book canon, Udl? If it is then Lady would have a 4th Wall Awareness and... it changes the context of the edition shift. She may well have Plot Manipulation if she was aware of what she was doing outside of the verse.

I believe she's talking to some dude with amnesia in context isn't she?

I mean

I can believe it, since it does seem to be intentional. I'll wait for others.

What about that makes you think Void Manipulation? It just talks about hands.

It's that they were reduced to Nothingness, such a level of nothingness that Silverwind (Whom I believe is Posieden) cannot restore them.

Back