• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
So this was quite an odd one.

Apparently, the 2A key for Lady of Pain was a restricted form, under normal circumstances this is fine.

But for LoP, she's 2A because.........She holds back.

This isn't a reason for a restricted key. A restricted key is when a person is limited to how much of their power they can use, not having said power and just deciding to not use it

It's the equivalent of giving Spiderman an 8A key because he holds back a lot.

What am I missing?

Okay, this is entirely true. It's stated she could have easily killed 2-A vecna, but would have destroyed the multiverse in the proccess. 2-A vecna's reasoning should be changed.

Vecna's reasoning should be changed to something along the lines of "The Lady could not destroy him without destroying the multiverse in its entirety" or "Was the only god capable of entering Sigil without being instantly erased from the multiverse by the Lady of Pain" or something.

Anyhoo. Like I said, wasn't my choice, and if we don't handle restricted forms in such a way (dunno, really, the only restricted form I can think of is the eyepatch guy from Bleach) then we should probably remove it alongside her match vs Cronus... which makes me want to see another match because IIRC Saint Seiya DOES have a High 2-A.

Okay ye, chronos is fair.

"Was the only being who could resist the effects of the lady of pain to the degree she could not kill him without destroying the multiverse, putting him above Orcus with the last word"

Eyepatched Kenpachi is a seperate form that she's capable of turning on and off. And is actually incapable of doing so at first.

Is he incapable? I didn't actually get far into the series, it all got a bit weird. Last thing I remember is the "season" of the anime in which it is mostly flashbacks for the black haired shinigami.

It's not that she holds back, but she assumes a form that inherently limits her power. Vecna was strong enough to resist her restricted state, which meant her only other combat option was to go into her true form which would destroy everything she was attempting to protect.

Best example is Frieza's forms bar Golden. They're restrictions placed on his true form that he can either lift or put back on.

Oh. Really? It was a different form?

Didn't know that. I really need to go back over the bigger deity modules (might even take a dip into the Demonweb Pits, since I remember that being pretty fun).

If it was a different form it's fine to keep

But we sure as hell shouldn't be assuming LoP has High 2A Hax in her 2A form

More importantly, a ton of herbresistamces should be limited to High 2A if they're done inf hat form

It's mentioned here. The important part: "should the Lady reveal herself in her true form". Indicating that the form we see her in is not what she really is. True form is probably a 5-D snake thing.

> But we sure as hell shouldn't be assuming LoP has High 2A Hax in her 2A form

Yeah we shouldn't

> More importantly, a ton of herbresistamces should be limited to High 2A if they're done inf hat form

Which in particular? Because I thought they were just her base form but better.

They are the same as her base form.

The most that probably should be changed is her multiverse repair feat should be moved to her restricted form.

Has anyone even said that her Unrestricted attacks are in her Restricted form?

Also, Qa is right, it's flat out a different form.

Then state it's a different restricted form, makes much more sense then her simply holding back.

Anyway, think we're done

nah I didn't either, but then again my memory is shit tier

Probably a good idea, yes.

This also proves Mind Flayers are real and have been feeding on my albeit limited intelligence for some time, so that's good.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Okay, this is entirely true. It's stated she could have easily killed 2-A vecna, but would have destroyed the multiverse in the proccess. 2-A vecna's reasoning should be changed.
You sure Uldmaster?

It seems the very beginning of the thread that you commented on says the opposite.....

And Bambu it seems

Hmm...

I have 2 comments relating to the OP: One agreeing with Qa and another saying we should clairify

Udlmaster said:
That's not my comment? That's Zachary's?
Yes. The very one that says it's not a restricted form.

You said yourself "I think you're the only one" which is wrong from the very first post on the thread.

No offense to Zach, but he does get stuff wrong like that, it has been brought up before when others have asked about it, but I think he's missed it multiple times, eitherway, it's a different form and not her holding back.

Mindhax being superior to basic 2-A, is the short version.

She just enters and says "lol u wot" and then insta-mindhaxes.

Lady isn't a god, but like a giant snake thing according to Die Vecna Die!. Possibly a bunch of floating squirrels no one is 100%.

We dunno what the **** Lady is.

I'd put money on floating squirrels though

That said, if gods are, Ao should get it. And if Ao gets it, Serpent and Lady should based purely on being directly comparable to each other.

Does she? Scan?

I also vaguely remember something like that. Maybe in the Planeswalker's Guide or something.

Alright, if you find stuff, that'd be a good basis.

More expansion on the gods and their powers is always a good thing.

LoP should probably get her own CRT tbh. She's got a lot.

Here you go:https://imgur.com/KP5n5Z6

While it says "She doesn't know" this book is intentionally designed to be confusing (Like, the writer said he wanted people to know less about the Lady of Pain then they did when they went in, and they know nothing when they went in), and then at the end, apparently it's said from a Tout (Tour guides for Sigil) or something similar.

Back