• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kyubey Eats a Cake

Kyubey eats the cake and leaves

Doesen't notice when the cake reapears because he's busy with other stuff

And then the cake grows and grows and wins... over the course of a couple months

Unable to harm the opponent for more than 24 h = incap.

Winning "over multiple months" while the opponent can do what they want is not "winning"

Even then, at worst Kyubey offers the cake to a little girl and calls it a day

That tends to happen when you are discussing a battle involving a cake, yeah

We seriously have a profile for a cake?. I always thought it was a joke until I actually just looked at the page now.

Every cake battle is a semantics debate over what counts as incapitation and attacking.

Kaltias said:
That tends to happen when a character can't attack or act consciously at all
I feel like these two qualities should be the most bare bones requirements in order to have a profile on a site dedicated to making characters fight.

Kaltias said:
Kyubey waits a day.

The cake duplicates once.

Kyubey wins via incap because during the course of an entire day the cake was unable to affect him in any way.

GG
Don't the characters have to fight and aren't allowed to just "leave the arena" indefinitely?

Yes.

Under any possible scenario, the cake is unable to harm Kyubey before 24 hours after the starts of their "fight".

Thus, Kyubey wins via incap independently from what he does

I don't understand. If that's the case then how come it has a win and an inconclusive? It should never be able to win or incon if all the opponent has to do is nothing?

Something just seems off as supposed to the other SCP-871 matches

I suppose that people forgot that cakes are terrible fighters and that 871 has no ways to act at all except duplicating periodically at a rate that is nowhere near enough to harm the opponents.

Also again, even if you ignore that, Kyubey gives the cake to a potential magical girl or something.

I mean ok. He throws it into a trash can. My point was that this is essentially "genius alien vs a cake" so Kyubey will find a way to win

Alternatively Kyubey sits around and does his business

Or just traps the cake like he did to Madoka

@Weekly

And loses because that takes months and it isn't a valid win condition

It'll also take a long ass time for the cake to actually kill Kyubey completely so Kyubey has a long time to figure something out

So even if the incap rule was out I'm pretty sure Kyubey still wins no matter what

Except that it isn't. Heck the cake can't even attack Kyubey to begin with, who in the worst case scenario goes off planet and leaves the cakes to multiply until they collapse due to sheer gravity

Isn't the win condition of "out living" the opponent an argument that's been used constantly? I don't think you can incapacitate a cake either.....

Yeah it is. I haven't seen anybody debate it being win condition either. Perhaps constantly was an exageration but it's definitely been thrown around quite a few times.

The lich gets wins via out living the opponent

Also wouldn't kyubey leaving the area count as self bfr?

Lich has never gotten a win via outliving an opponent.

He can fight for only 24 hours and time reversal resets the oppoent

Paul Frank said:
Also wouldn't kyubey leaving the area count as self bfr?
Of course it would. Just like 871 being stuck in a trashcan while Kyubey goes on with its life would.

Alternatively he makes a rocket and sends it in space. Or closes it in the Isolation Field and starts studying it because 871 has no way to escape.

Wait, I read it wrong, thought you were talking about Kyubey leaving Earth.

No, putting 871 somewhere else counts as BFR in favor of Kyubey

Ok Kal you win SCP-871 sucks. Kyubey can literally do anything with it like putting it in a safe and never looking back at it.

Back