• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kung fu master vs MMA fighter

I mean, then the MMA guy is a master of Judo, Muay Thai, etc if we're going composite

well while i do think if the kung fu fighter used acrobatic moves like you see in those wushu tournaments in bejing he would lose low diff,everyone here seems to be ignorant to the styles of Wing chun,Choy li fut,Hung Gar and Praying mantis.i did some of Jesse glovers(A former pupil of bruce lee) Non classic wing chun and it was amazing how effective it was.It improved my hand speed by a landslide, i weigh 220 pounds and was able to be quicker than my friend who is around 150 pounds and is an amazing boxer by the time he threw a jab i could hit him twice.now kicks are something im not really used to especilally since Jesse glovers wing chun uses 95 percent hand techniques but since the kung fu fighter knows all the styles he could counter kicks with Hung Gar techniques since they use heavy closed-hand blocks.The BIG problem the kung fu fighter is going to have is grappling from the mma fighter. but examples in real mma fights show that if a grappler only relies on his locks,grabs, etc. the other fighter can get an advantage since they focuse more on grappling they leave themselves open,and lets say the grappler is good at boxing and tries to go for a combo then a tackle the kung fu guy is way faster and would hit him many times before the mma fighter tries go for the tackle if the mma fighter goes to the ground with him the kung fu fighter loses but in wing chun and hung gar knee techniques are used often to counter tackles.Bottomline i think the kung fu fighter wins via versitlity and speed but if the mma fighter gets him to the ground its a GG for the kung fu fighter.

MMA stomps, and very hard. I wanna add to stuff I've said. Without talking about the obvious skill advantage, an average welterweight UFC fighter would just be so much stronger with far faster twitch muscles trained.

It's basically a master of one style vs experienced with many styles fight. That being said, idk if Kung Fu specifically is a very good style to be trying to fight an MMA fighter. If it was a master of Krav Maga, for instance, the MMA fighter would die. Jeet Kune Do is a hybrid martial art, so I would assume that wouldn't count as Kung Fu either, despite drawing some experience from Kung Fu (it also draws from boxing, kickboxing, judo, etc. for instance). Same weight and height, I'd put money on the MMA fighter.

That would probably depend mostly on the MMA fighter in particular then. How experienced is said MMA fighter with Krav Maga? If he has just passing knowledge (<4 years), the master of Krav Maga is still probably going to completely dominate him. If he spent around 7-8 years of his 20 years of MMA training devoted to learning Krav Maga, he's probably got better than even chances of winning due to having more options and being more adaptable. 4-6 years, I'd lean slightly in favor of the master, though that could change depending on what other training the MMA fighter has.

Back