• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

KonoSuba God Tiers Scaling.

I'm bringing this up because of Megumin's statement about surpassing Wiz. I originally thought she was just exaggerating but she brings it up again completely seriously and nobody contradicts her, so it seems it's for real.

The problem is, she's supposed to be considerably inferior to Iris who is in turn inferior to the God Tiers who Wiz scales to.

Here's the timeline of events:

In 2016, we get the first statement about Megumin surpassing Wiz. Later that same year she's shown to be completely inferior to Iris who is hyped to have enough power to even damage Gods and Devils with her strongest attack, so I assumed the statement had been retconned. However in 2017 Megumin again mentions that she's supposed to be stronger than Wiz, and later that year she again admits Iris is stronger than her.

The problem here is Iris is clearly nothing compared to Wiz. Since Wiz doesn't use a staff she's always fighting at less than half her true strength, yet she's still vastly superior.

Firstly, Iris' strongest attack being strong enough to do some damage to God Tiers is treated as a super impressive thing, Wiz has no problems dealing heavy damage to such beings with her regular attacks.

Secondly, in the WN which the LN is still following she casually oneshots several dragons. Iris also oneshotted a dragon, but she needed her strongest attack to do it.

Based on these we can see that Wiz's casual attacks are a step above Iris' strongest suggesting a considerable gap in power, especially since Wiz never even uses her real power.

There's also Yunyun who's pretty close to Megumin in power. It's stated that there's a vast gulf between her and Vanir even when he isn't using anything close to his full power. Therefore it logically follows that Wiz would also be far superior to Yunyun and therefore Megumin while heavily suppressed since she scales to Vanir.

However the author clearly wants us to believe Megumin > Wiz, which gives us a scaling chain of

Megumin > Wiz = Vanir > Iris > Megumin which makes no sense whatsoever.

I'd like your thoughts on how they should be scaled.

Back