• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kodoku island Tournament - Dante vs Lay

I'm gonna start this with cancer...

How skilled is Lay?

Cuz Dante has defeated people who have all his skill + Vergil + Sparda and are above demons who have abilities that let them see the skill and openings in any attack and shit like that.

His body also reacts instinctively to danger.

Dante also outranges pretty easily due to several guns.

Lay has a massive advantage on lifting strength and they are probably around the same in stamina.

While the AP is on favor of Lay Dante has some pretty nice AD/RE that carried him through all of DMC 3, were he was getting one shotted then stalemated someone who one shot the people who one shot the Demon who defeated him, and so on and so on.

How skilled is Lay?
He's capable of throwing projectiles to hit the same spot on his opponents sword accurately without missing any, hitting the same spot while exchanging sword swings, using only wind pressure to deflect a flurry of attacks without his blade touching his opponents. Completely treated the same opponent with 2000yrs experience like they were a child in their match.
Once defeated shin reglia who could kill an opponent and disperse every drop of rain in the sky without moving from his kneeling position.
Can easily assimilate a person's mastery over 1000 different type of swords into his own style... The bull shit just keeps going so let's say they're equally skilled.
His body also reacts instinctively to danger.
Not much of an issue since he isn't exactly the type to go for sneak attacks in character. He's also capable of reading slight muscle movements, change in trajectory of attacks to predict his opponents moves and can lead them around in battle to a result that's desirable for him
Dante also outranges pretty easily due to several guns.
Wow, knew his profile was shit but didn't notice it was this bad. Meh not much I can do about it but he's capable of dealing with projectiles comfortably.

I'd argue that he actually takes it in AD considering he can get at least 2x stronger each moment in a battle

Can I ask before ya get down to debate anymore, would Unrestricting dante's demon form make this a stomp in his favor or does it make it more fair? And would allowing Evansama along side demon form make this better?

Can I ask before ya get down to debate anymore, would Unrestricting dante's demon form make this a stomp in his favor or does it make it more fair? And would allowing Evansama along side demon form make this better?
Lemme go through the profile before I get back to this

let's say they're equally skilled.
Fair
Wow, knew his profile was shit but didn't notice it was this bad. Meh not much I can do about it but he's capable of dealing with projectiles comfortably.
He´s gonna get danmaku'd since dante has several weapons that spam shit
I'd argue that he actually takes it in AD considering he can get at least 2x stronger each moment in a battle
Ehhh, dunno.

Dante goes from getting stomped to stomping back in a few moments. In wiki vocabulary he goes from 9B to 8C in a few seconds then from 8C to 7B in some months then from 7B to 6C in a figh and apparently to 1C since Peak Vergil can fight weakened Mundus and the 6C stomps happen through all of DMC3

Also whats the scaling chain?

He´s gonna get danmaku'd since
He's capable of dodging, intercepting hundreds of danmaku faster than he is pouring down on him like torrential rain
A replicated blade of exneisis suddenly emerges from the countless "Heavenly Gate <Amus" that surrounds it.

As if the swords were being stretched out, the blades were thrust out of the gates toward Lay all at once.

There was nowhere to run, up and down, left and right.

A wall of blades surrounds Lay, pressing in on him in the blink of an eye and unleashing countless stabs.

"...... ha ......!!!"

Countless Exneisis were thrust out from all directions, but in a single breath, Rey slashed through them.

Several heavy swords were all shot, broken, or shattered, and fell on the spot.
No light cannon balls were fired from that hand, <Heavenly Gate Amus> surrounds Lay and the canon balls of light fired from them

Like a torrential downpour, the cannonballs of light rained down on Lay.

Lay slashes through them with <Banmaryoudan> or avoids them, and heads straight for Qasim.
Also what's the scaling chain?
There isn't really a scaling chain except going by his durability which is higher than his AP.
He could harm Anos but couldn't cut his bones. Similarity Anos tried to crush Lay's heart but couldn't get past his bones either. Later on both are capable of completely piercing/severing each others body parts completely.

Lay could've gone from 6-C to High 6-B in a short fight or baseline 7-B to Low 6-B depending on which value you start scaling from. Anos kept doubling the power of his attacks against Lay and Lay went from being helpless and blown away to completely matching each hit. They exchanged blows at least 20x

Back