• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby vs SCP-871

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Paulo It seems that considering it a secondary canon is not necessarily bad, actually.

@Cal Any damage done to 871 will instantly result in a duplicate being created. Transmutation would fall under this category

Transmutation isn't damage, it's changing the shape technically.

Like when Boo turned Vegito into a jawbreaker. He didn't damage Vegito, he changed his shape and got his jaw broken as a result.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Cal Any damage done to 871 will instantly result in a duplicate being created. Transmutation would fall under this category
Transmutation would qualify under incapacitation unless it's explicitly shown to harm the opponent.

Punch the head off someone is also changing shape mind you.

If the cake is no longer a cake then it's been damaged clearly.

Seriously Transmutation is starting to feel really overestimated around here.

And lost quite a good percent of their body mass, and is no longer alive.

If you take a boat piece by pieces and rebuilt it in another shape, you've still damaged. Same goes for Transmutation.

"Damage" = cause harm

If you change a person's shape without actually causing harm to them, then you're not not damaging them.

Let me put this in simple terms: If the cake isn't isn't a cake anymore, it will make another cake.

How the hell do you want to turn something into another thing entirely without harming it? Either you're changing its atoms to be another thing or you replace it entirely. And both include damage.

Except 871 is one of my favorite skips and '''i'm 100% sure''' its page doesn't say that at all.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
And lost quite a good percent of their body mass, and is no longer alive.
If you take a boat piece by pieces and rebuilt it in another shape, you've still damaged. Same goes for Transmutation.
That's why transmutation is hax, it doesn't kill people when transmuted unless to the extreme level as transmuting to gas. It's mostly incapacitatio

For the transmutation thing, I would like an analogy that is not resolved with "well if you do that regen kicks in, with transmutation that doesn't happen".

Even if it's via hax, the thing you've transmuted isn't the thing it originally was anymore. The cake is no longer cake. Same goes for stuff like Low-Godly or Mid-Godly. Your body is no longer your body.

The cake being no longer a cake doesn't matter since 871's page doesn't say anything about it replacing if it is no longer a cake.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-871

When any instance of SCP-871 is consumed by a human or a collection of humans, it is replaced approximately 24 hours afterward with a similar cake. This cake will appear on a flat surface in the vicinity of the location where the previous instance was eaten. If any of these cakes is substantially damaged through any means other than being eaten by a human, including being eaten by a non-human animal, it will be replaced instantaneously. Instances recreated in this manner maintain the schedule of the original instance.

I was actually about to quote that bit as a debunk, since it says "substantially damaged" and not "transmutated"

I don't know, it seems obvious to me that the reason why a damaged cake is replaced is that it's no longer a cake. It's not whole anymore. Turning it into something else is the same as it being no cake anymore.

To show how much of an NLF that "through any means" thing is, here's a scenario.

>Lucemon erases the universe

>Cake regenerates

Heck, why does the cake have Mid-Godly regen?

Goku without his arm is not an intact Goku.

A cake that's now a tomato is not an intact cake. Not even a cake anymore in fact.

The real cal howard said:
Heck, why does the cake have Mid-Godly regen?

It always comes back after being eaten, and inanimate objects don't have souls or anything of the like, so he must be regenerating from nothing.

As in, the cake doesn't exist anymore, the next day, it exists.

Also, SCP-871 having resistance to BFR is a no-no. Even the Mid-Godly is.

If Kirby BFRs, 871 is gone because there will be no flat surfaces to regen

@Saikou

It's not a cake anymore, thus it doesn't regen because the page doesn't say that

Kep I'm 100% sure that being turned into a spoon >> being eaten a bit in term of how far from your original form you are. Saying that "It doesn't say that it regen from transmutation so it can't" is insane nitpicking.

If the cake doesn't have the feats, it doesn't have the feats. That's like me saying Voldemort can apparate to Mars because he has apparated from Germany to England before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back