• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Everyone's favorite Namekian vs everyone's favorite puffball. Complete Kirby arsenal. I don't even know if Piccolo has one, but if he does, he gets it all too. They give it their all to knock each other unconcious, so NO DEATH!!!
Kirby the warrior of stars by xxkaijuking91xx-d48lz88
Render de Piccolo

Piccolo should definitely be more powerful than First Form Frieza. So he scales to this feat http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=33326 and is small star + . That should be above what Kirby can handle. Even with the Hypernova ability since I disagree with it being similar enough to be a real blackhole to be calcable to large star (especially since it's been shown Blackhole isn't used in the japanese text http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=33343 ).

I haven't seen SDZ's calc so I can't comment on round 2.

Can you guys make some actual arguments instead of voting who you want to win? Battles shouldn't be decided by pure bias.

Ok, Kirby has superior speed. He also has his cook ability which turns people into food. He can also reflect any of Picolo's blast. Kirby can also copy Piccolo via the scan ability.

There's also a Kirby upgrade thread going on, so perhaps we should wait until that reaches a conclusion.

Kirby's cooking transmutation takes time and it assumes Piccolo is weak enough to be dragged into the pot like the fodder Kirby uses it on. That'd be an NLF. Mirror Kirby can only reflect the strongest attack it has shown to reflect. So it should cap out at large planet level which is below Picollo's level so he should easily break through the mirror shield. And Piccolo isn't going to stand still and let Kirby scan him. We aren't given any indication Kirby scans at FTL speeds so we can assume it's in real time when he does it in the games so Piccolo should easily be able to get out of it.

The real cal howard said:
Xolon said:
Kirby's cooking transmutation takes time and it assumes Piccolo is weak enough to be dragged into the pot like the fodder Kirby uses it on. That'd be an NLF. Mirror Kirby can only reflect the strongest attack it has shown to reflect. So it should cap out at large planet level which is below Picollo's level so he should easily break through the mirror shield. And Piccolo isn't going to stand still and let Kirby scan him. We aren't given any indication Kirby scans at FTL speeds so we can assume it's in real time when he does it in the games so Piccolo should easily be able to get out of it.
I'm guessing you don't like Kirby...
Nah. He's alright. I just don't think he's as powerful as some people would like him to be in a versus context. Don't get me wrong. Large planet level DC is nothing to scoff at. But it isn't enough against a lot of characters.

Hmm, you have a point with the mirror bit, however, I feel that there is a strong possibility that Piccolo wouldn' even realize what Kirby is attempting to do with his scan ability. Even if it doesn't scan at FTL speeds, I'm not entirely convinced that Piccolo would instantly go "Oh, he's going to copy my powers with that!". Even if he caught on, Kirby still has a speed advantage and would be capable of just flying up close to him.

Also, as I am not very familiar with DBZ, I have to ask, does Piccolo have any resistance to large amounts of heat?

Otakuzoid said:
Hmm, you have a point with the mirror bit, however, I feel that there is a strong possibility that Piccolo wouldn' even realize what Kirby is attempting to do with his scan ability. Even if it doesn't scan at FTL speeds, I'm not entirely convinced that Piccolo would instantly go "Oh, he's going to copy my powers with that!". Even if he caught on, Kirby still has a speed advantage and would be capable of just flying up close to him.
Also, as I am not very familiar with DBZ, I have to ask, does Piccolo have any resistance to large amounts of heat?
Has Kirby ever scanned while running or flying? To complete the process it seems like his opponent needs to be completely still and he himself has never moved while using it.

Heat is not a form of hax. You don't need special resistance to it. Just have higher durability than the destructive capacity of the heat.

Well, while he never used the scan ability itself while flying, he has used quite alot of abilities on the warp star before (as seen in Kirby Air Ride), and there isn't anything suggesting that the scan is any different. And you can very well copy enemies as they move towards you.

Anyway, I was about to say "plazma can be a problem because the hottest plazma concieved by man has exceeded the tempurature of the sun" but then I realized that there isn't anything stating that Kirby's plazma does so.

Xolon said:
Xolon said:
I'm guessing you don't like Kirby...
Nah. He's alright. I just don't think he's as powerful as some people would like him to be in a versus context. Don't get me wrong. Large planet level DC is nothing to scoff at. But it isn't enough against a lot of characters.
I understand ya, Xolon. No hard feelings?

Otakuzoid said:
Well, while he never used the scan ability itself while flying, he has used quite alot of abilities on the warp star before (as seen in Kirby Air Ride), and there isn't anything suggesting that the scan is any different. And you can very well copy enemies as they move towards you.
Anyway, I was about to say "plazma can be a problem because the hottest plazma concieved by man has exceeded the tempurature of the sun" but then I realized that there isn't anything stating that Kirby's plazma does so.
Even if Kirby does scan Piccolo. It is completely unpredictable what ability Kirby would gain from copying him. Would he get Piccolo's stretchy arms? His clothes beam? His special beam cannon? It's completely unknown.

Also. Even though as you say it's a non sequitur since Kirby's plasma isn't stated to exeed the heat of the sun i'd like to make something clear. As I said before heat isn't hax. The heat of the sun would actually do nothing to Piccolo regardless. Look at this to see what I mean http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=1019206

Otakuzoid said:
Well, what attack does Piccolo use the most?
I guess the special beam cannon but it won't really help Kirby to replicate it since Kirby's never replicated power on Piccolo's level so the most that can be assumed is that he'd be able to use a weaker version of the attack.

Oh, one thing that caught my eye on Piccolo's page is his durability. It says that his durability is star level, however the justification for it says "Regenerationn makes him hard to kill". So basically, what I'm getting from that it's his Regenerationn that allows him to survive a star level blast, but he still needs to regenerate back afterwards. Kirby has planet level attacks and could potentially wear Piccolo down, and while he's regenerating, Kirby could swallow him.

Or not, I'm not sure at this point, just throwing out ideas.

Otakuzoid said:
Oh, one thing that caught my eye on Piccolo's page is his durability. It says that his durability is star level, however the justification for it says "Regenerationn makes him hard to kill". So basically, what I'm getting from that it's his Regenerationn that allows him to survive a star level blast, but he still needs to regenerate back afterwards. Kirby has planet level attacks and could potentially wear Piccolo down, and while he's regenerating, Kirby could swallow him.
Or not, I'm not sure at this point, just throwing out ideas.
Piccolo being star level is scaling from Base form Frieza's recent upgrade. I don't know why Piccolo's page has Regenerationn is a part of it. It is sheer durability.

The Regenerationn is noted because Regenerationn can, in fact, make him hard to kill.

Freeza hasn't even been upgraded on the wiki yet, and Piccolo is star level from being > Semi-Perfect Cell and the Androids, anyways, so. As it is now, Piccolo kinda stomps Kirby.

Promestein said:
Freeza hasn't even been upgraded on the wiki yet, and Piccolo is star level from being > Semi-Perfect Cell and the Androids, anyways, so. As it is now, Piccolo kinda stomps Kirby.
I thought it was because he was = 17 & 18 and > initial Imperfect Cell. Weren't post-absorption Imperfect Cell, 16, and Imperfect Cell all >> Piccolo? Or do you mean Buu Saga Piccolo?

Regardless, this is in Kirby's hands now. Gotta love upgrades.
I still heavily disagree with that BS being accepted. If you want to use it then I will still argue against it. But regardless Piccolo's getting an upgrade soon too (and one that's a looooot more legit). Since he's part of Beerus's team for the tournament he'll probably reach god level through training and become Multi-Galaxy Level.

It would be consistent with where all of the god tier characters are at ATM (SSJG and SSJ blue Goku and Vegeta, Beerus, Golden Frieza, Whis). I'd think Beerus would train everyone else on his team to be as powerful as Goku and Vegeta so the team isn't too imbalanced. If we get any evidence that he did train them to reach that level it'd be safe to assume they'd be somewhere in the multi-galaxy range.

But for now, Piccolo is eaten.
You can't really state that is if it were a fact. I still disagree with the upgrade. I will still argue against it's usage in any future debates. So I still believe Piccolo would win this.

Argue about your disaprovment over the upgrade all you want, we just won't pay attention to your complaints about it until a downgrade happens.

What happened against Frost? And either way, I didn't say DBS. This match was fair when it first came out, but became a stomp post-upgrade.

No. Kirby is currently above multi-solar system beings. This as well as Kirby's superior hax makes this a stomp and stomp matches shouldn't be added to profile pages. I'm closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back