• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby vs Grey Goo

The Goo is on another eating rampage and he happens upon Pop Star and its solar system. Naturally Kirby won't allow him to eat his homeworlds, so they battle.

First Tasty Planet Goo and the Goo is fed enough to be at Kirby's level. No Ghost Kirby.

Kirby: 3

Grey Goo: 1

Kirbysmash
Greygoobig

Yeah. It would. But stellar crossing<galactic crossing. Not speedblitz worthy, but a significant speed advantage.

@Cal How does Kirby's stomach dimension work?

@Crop Yes, it would make him MFTL+ and the size of a small galaxy

The real cal howard said:
Yeah. It would. But stellar crossing<galactic crossing. Not speedblitz worthy, but a significant speed advantage.
At this size the Goo would be the size of a small galaxy

Stomach Dimension is an infinite universe placed inside Kirby. Also, Kirby crosses galaxies in under a second, including the space in between.

I'd say Kirby has a small speed advantage, but its Kirby's hax and/or Hypernova that should seal the deal.

I actually played a bit of Tasty Planet, but I'm not sure where the Matter Manipulation comes from? I doubt it would be anything that turns the tables against all of the advantages Kirby has.

Crossing galaxies in a second vs crossing a small galaxy in a second doesn't sound like any small speed advantage.

Ok, so they'd be relatively equal in speed (Considering the Goo would be able to consume anything near its size instantly) and it would no-sell any of Kirby's physical attacks by absorbing them...

Wait, if Kirby uses the Hypernova on something the size of a small galaxy wont it get stuck in his mouth? Sorry, i dont debate with Kirby that much so i'm not 100% aware of how it works...

What I meant by small speed advantage was that there was definitely a gap, but not to the extent that Kirby takes it from speed alone. Considering the Goo's size and how it fights, I doubt reactions would even matter that much.

Even then, depends on the size of the "Small Galaxy".

The real cal howard said:
Hypernova is kind of a black hole.
The Goo has eaten black holes...what im saying is from what i remember from the game stuff like trees, large bombs, and a giant eel have gotten momentarily stuck in Kirby's mouth before he swallows them, unless thats just gameplay mechanics how would he use the Hypernova on the Goo without it threatening to absorb him the second it touches him?

>The Goo has eaten black holes

Seriously? That's...pretty legit... Anyway, for your question, it's more for the sake of humor, especially considering how he easily ate a laser of the same size from a much, much, stronger enemy.

Ok, just watched a quick playthrough of her boss fight and the only time he was able to manipulate her attacks so they fit in his mouth was with the laser at the end. The missiles just got stuck in his mouth until he spit them back out. If he does that with the Goo it's gonna absorb him.

Isn't the goo amorphous? He'd likely contort around Kirby's suction force due to the gelatinous form of his body.

I recall Tonathan100 writing a blog on ScrewAttack.com arguing why Hypernova Kirby is definitely a legitimate black hole. I would link it here because it seemed pretty legit, but apparently SA and RT merged sites, causing it to get removed.

The Japanese description for HN doesn't support Hypernova Kirby being a black hole, but there's tons of other evidence to support it because Hypernova is so comparable to an actual black hole.

Cropfist said:
Grey Goo resists black holes.
I recall that, yes, but isn't that only when the Grey Goo is at a certain size?

But anyways, that's not what I was arguing. I was simply justifying Cal's initial statement that HN Kirby is a black hole.

That being said, I still believe Kirby would still take this via hax. The Grey Goo can only really harm Kirby if it manages to make direct contact with it, which isn't going to happen considering the speed difference, and Kirby's tons of actual fighting experience compared to Grey Goo constantly devouring helpless beings while accompanied by hilariously unfitting music.

I think it would play out like this:

Kirby would eat and rebound parts of the Goo's body as star projectiles, only to realize that it doesn't work because the Goo automatically absorbs them upon contact, allowing it to gain back the lost parts of its body. After keeping his distance and trying a bunch of other stuff he'd likely notice the semi-amorphous nature of the Grey Goo's body, and attempt to freeze it solid. After that, Kirby smashes it to pieces.

Plus one of Kirby's 4-A feats comes from pushing back a wave of unknown properties that was devouring part of a universe with his star-spitting. Likely comparable to the Grey Goo, only the Grey Goo is a sentient being.

@AN It's when the Goo is large enough to eat Red Giants aka much smaller than he would be in this fight

Yes Kirby does have a lot of hax, but there are a few that wouldnt work on the Goo due to its nature as a cloud of nanomachines and its ability to regenerate by absorbing things

Also, is Kirby's mouth part of the parallel dimension, or only his stomach?

@Weekly

I see. So HN wouldn't work as effectively here.

Regardless I can see several different outcomes of both characters winning:

Kirby possible victory scenarios:

-Kirby freezes GG and shatters it

-Kirby devours part of GG's body and copies it, allowing him to eventually surpass it in size by virtue of superior speed which would allow him to eventually catch up

Grey Goo possible victory scenarios:

-GG absorbs all of the projectiles and super ability weapons that Kirby throws at it, eventually allowing it to overwhelm Kirby if he doesn't change tactics

-GG would go around devouring all of the galaxies until it eventually surpasses the universe assuming none of Kirby's possible victory scenarios can happen before GG can do that

Is Kirby allowed to use multiple copy abilities at once? Also wouldn't Kirby's intangibility and force field creation allow him to completely negate The Grey Goo eating him? The nanobots are microscopic yes but they still have a physical presence and have breakable bodies.

@Rowknan Has Kirby demonstrated that ability before? And yes they would, but Kirby wouldnt be able to attack if he uses those abilities, he just wouldnt be able to be hurt.

Then could Kirby phase through the Goo's attacks and then once he was safe use his force field creation to make eatable chunks of the Grey Goo? He's faster than it and if I remember correctly he has a lifespan in the million range.

Plus Kirby could use his duplication to eat more Grey Goo at once. And since the Grey Goo is a quantifiable mass while Kirby has infinite storage space those clones could eat more mass than the Goo could make up for by eating them.

@Rowknan The Goo doesnt really attack other than just moving and consuming whatever it comes in contact with, and how would Kirby be able to use his forcefield to harm the Goo?

WeeklyBattles said:
@Rowknan The Goo doesnt really attack other than just moving and consuming whatever it comes in contact with, and how would Kirby be able to use his forcefield to harm the Goo?
It really just depends on how the forcefields work and how much control Kirby has over them. For instance if Kirby could make a bubble or a wall from a distance he could break off pieces of the Grey Goo. Making them fit for consumption.

Back