• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby vs Grey Goo

Then that is hardly Intangibily. Should definitely be removed.

Though I suppose Kirby could still use his speed or forcefields to escape. Although that's less certain of a thing.

@Rowknan The only actual forcefields Kirby has technically arent even forcefields, just barriers of ice, electricity, and needles that only surround him...

WeeklyBattles said:
@Rowknan The only actual forcefields Kirby has technically arent even forcefields, just barriers of ice, electricity, and needles that only surround him...
Oh I thought he had some sort of energy field. Like maybe mirror Kirby? Idk. If not then my whole argument kinda went down the drain. Although his duplication could still be useful.

Rowknan said:
Then that is hardly Intangibily. Should definitely be removed.
Though I suppose Kirby could still use his speed or forcefields to escape. Although that's less certain of a thing.
His forcefields arent even forcefields, just a barrier of ice, a barrier of electricity, and a coating of needles

WeeklyBattles said:
Just one question, is Kirby's mouth a part of the pocket dimension or is it just his mouth?
I think it would more likely be just his stomach, since you can usually see a ggood portion of the inside of his mouth when it's open.

Imageskirby

WeeklyBattles said:
@Rowknan Mirror Kirby just reflects projectile attacks
Got it. A battle of attrition would not be in Kirby's favor then. If there's no other usefully abilities on Kirby's part my vote goes to the Grey Goo.

Kirby. Honestly All kirby has to do is eat the grey goo. and its over.

All because Kirby's somach is a portal to another dimension. the goo could eat every thing there. but it would never get back out to hinder kirby.

If it's a cloud of trillions of little nanobots then I don't see how Kirby wouldn't be able to just swallow it, even if it's only his stomach that leads to the dimension.

Also @Weekly

Kirby does have the ability to insert his power into machines in planet Robobot IIRC if that's the way he does it. He did it to the entirety of the Halberd with his robobot armor.

https://youtu.be/RLbrrlGpYqI?t=17m41s

ArbitraryNumbers said:
If it's a cloud of trillions of little nanobots then I don't see how Kirby wouldn't be able to just swallow it, even if it's only his stomach that leads to the dimension.

Also @Weekly

Kirby does have the ability to insert his power into machines in planet Robobot IIRC if that's the way he does it. He did it to the entirety of the Halberd with his robobot armor.

https://youtu.be/RLbrrlGpYqI?t=17m41s
The Grey Goo is to massive for all of it to be affected by Kirby at once. Think of how big Kirby is. Now compare it to the Milky Way Galaxy.

Even if Kirby can possess machines I don't think he can possess multiple beings at once.

Crop. I've told you multiple times that the intangibility is not from Squeak Swua, but from Kirby fighters. I'd appreciate it if you'd stop bringing that up, thank you.

The real cal howard said:
Crop. I've told you multiple times that the intangibility is not from Squeak Swua, but from Kirby fighters. I'd appreciate it if you'd stop bringing that up, thank you.
Oh is that different? What is Kirby's Intangibility like in that game?

I never said that it would be affected all at once. It would get swallowed bit by bit over time. Plus Kirby's inhale/hypernova likely scales to his attack potency, which would make it at the very least mid-end multi solar system level. Plus this isn't a galaxy sized Grey Goo; this is a multi-solar system sized grey goo, leaving no question that Kirby would be able to devour it. ESPECIALLY if it's comprised entirely of tiny nanobots.

I also didn't say he could possess machines. Kirby simply inserts his power into them. He did it to an entire battle ship with his robobot armor, so I doubt he wouldn't be able to do that to at least a small chunk of nanobots that comprise part of a massive blob.

Also, Kirby's kinda immortal (type 6) in ghost in that game, as he has no health, but can still attack people and resurrect himself if he attacks someone. Getting hit only recoils him and nothing more.

@rowknan. Yes. Kirby can move.

@Crop. It's still Ghost Kirby. You're basically saying because he doesn't use it in the main game, it's not a copy ability. You might as well say that abilities he hasn't used, like Yo-Yo, are non-canon. Or that Kirby pre-RtD can't use Force Blast in Fighter. See the logic in that? Ghost Kirby is still Ghost Kirby, whether he gains it through being defeated, copy essence, or eating a ghost. Not to mention that even if he needs to die, so what? How many characters on this site can act after death? People wank Seiya to high hell for that.

Ghost Kirby's copy ability comes from devouring intangible enemies, so Ghost Kirby not being intangible itself is likely a balance of difficulty; it would simply be too cheap an ability if Kirby could just float through the entire level without being harmed.

I don't think you understand my point. Even if Kirby needed to die, it wouldn't affect the battle under standard battle assumptions.

To my knowledge characters that can come back from death within a reasonable period of time can still fight within a match after being killed, or else Regenerationn would lose a lot of its value.

I don't think regenerators actually die when they receive fatal injuries but Ghost Kirby would make this a stomp, and I had to edit the OP anyways.

Not all but there are a considerable amount of Regenerationn users that do die prior to coming back. Especially those who get reduced to less and less such as the High-Mids and above. And at certain levels of Regenerationn one would by definition have to die before coming back such as the Godly levels. Our resurrectio page also says that Regenerationn is often associated with coming back from death.

As long they can come back within a reasonable timeframe, I believe characters can continue a match after dying. Plus that is the way we also handle KOs and BFRs (if someone can come back from those in a short enough time they can continue the match despite it having happened to them.) I wouldn't think death is or should be much different with characters able to shortly revive themselves. Especially since many regen users rely on that ability and have won matches through it.

Though the best person to know would be DontTalk who pretty much wrote these types of rules for matches.

with ghost kirby kirby has it but because this has been restricted im not sure it highly depends on the sequence of events as it seems

nevermind after a lot of debating with myself i relised that one of the grey goo's listed weaknesses is that projectile attacks do hurt him so as long as kirby can figure out that the grey goo can eat anything smaller then it before it's to late whitch given his intelegence and that it's not that to difficult to figure out anyway he probobly could kirby could fairly easly kill him from a distence and his duplication power could speed up the prosses so my vote is on kirby.

Back