• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby Should Have Statistics Amplification

I would like to share my thoughts on that famous description of Kirby in Kirby Planet Robobot, saying Kirby has infinite power. Kirby is certainly not omnipotent as many people think, but this statement still means something. I think that this means Kirby has major statistics amplification. He can increase his stats so he can get the edge in a battle. I have observed that Kirby has a bit of trouble using this power, but it's definitely there.

An example was in the Void Termina fight, during the last part. Kirby was having trouble finishing Void Termina off, so he copied Void Termina's creation ability to create his friends, so they can give the final blow. Kirby didn't get a specific limiting ability corresponding to the creation power, and he didn't even need to eat Void Termina to copy him. Kirby amplified the range of his Copy Ability, from his pocket dimension to the area around him.

Another example is the Kirby's final attack in Kirby Planet Robobot. Kirby was using a bigger and stronger version of his Robobot Armor's drill. The armor is said to be powered by the pilot's power, meaning Kirby amplified his power for this move to suddenly be so different.

Kirby seems to only use this power during fights like these, as he can get harmed by lots of weaker things, such as getting into a car accident.

Please share your thoughts about this, because I think giving Kirby this upgrade would make a lot of sense. [1]Kirby's friend creation attack without the DLC characters [2]Kirby's amplified drill attack.

I should also mention that the final attack in Kirby Planet Robobot was him using a bigger version of his Robobot Armor's drill. The armor is said to be powered by the pilot's power, meaning Kirby amplified his power. Kirby seems to only use this power during fights like these, as he can get harmed by lots of weaker things, such as getting into a car accident.

James Plays 4 Games said:
I would like to share my thoughts on that famous description of Kirby in Kirby Planet Robobot, saying Kirby has infinite power.
What that means is that overthinking Kirby as a character makes the scaling a mess, as in no one scales to Kirby except that some do so who knows.

Kirby is said to have infinite power "at the beginning" and "at the end", if that means that he has some solid power everyone weaker than Star Dream should not have (as not even Star Dream has), then that means Kirby is holding back at almost all times and only uses his true power or most of it with final bosses. That...holds some water, it ready does. But then you see the feats of other characters and it falls apart.

The other take is "infinite power=lol he's powerful", is that what they were aiming for? Likely not, but it is what makes more sense.

Edit: To clarify, I'm at not moment saying that infinite power=legit non-hyperbolic infinite power.

I always assumed he wasn't using his full potential during most of the adventure, because he has trouble using the power. I didn't factor in the other character's feats though, so I guess that makes sense. But I still don't know how Kirby was able to copy Void Termina's ability without eating him. That's the only thing that's left.

Kirby and Void Termina are the same type of Stand, that's why. Nothing says or implies that he has trouble using his power, but he can beat the likes of Meta Knight and DDD early in games, and they definitely scale to him. Every Star Ally has Energy Projection via Team Attack, so that was already there, as for creating things there are 2 takes: 1) As everyone decended from Void it makes perfect sense for them to have some his same abilities to some degree. 2) Every Kirby character or being in Dream Land (idk) is a magic user so they can "do anything" within unexplored limits.

2: Kirby characters being magic users is pretty accuate. It's pretty common for Kirby's stronger enemies to have magical attacks. 1 might not make sense since it's not like Void Termina is going to use power bestowal on literally everything that came after it. I also noticed that most characters have the creation power, so I guess that's it.

I still like to think of Kirby as being able to change how much power he has, but I terms of the Kirby (Character) page, we can leave it as is. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

I always though infinite power was supposed to mean infinite potential since Kirby is able to master abilities he sucks up instantly and master them

It wouldn't be power bestowal, his decendents would have some of his powers due to genetics.

Genericstickman said:
I always though infinite power was supposed to mean infinite potential since Kirby is able to master abilities he sucks up instantly and master them
In context I guess you can say that about the first time he's said to have that in Planet Robobot, not the second, when it clearly means power, or the interview about that moment where the same was said. This would make the first instance about sheer power too.

Oh, okay. And Genericstickman, if Star Dream meant infinite potential, it would be that Kirby can become as strong as he wants through experience and training. His Copy Abilities just make him master a certain type of fighting or power.

Back