• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Alright, another One Piece matches from mine, and this time i'm gonna use King
At first i was skeptical since the rating for him can be changed in meantime, but since Tempest said the CRT would take very long time until Wano Arc is over, i've decided to make it now
And well, why not against the opponents from Genshin Impact against the (prolly only one) Lunarian himself? Lets get to the fight!!

The battle between the "deity" from their respective universe, the nigh-immortal inhuman being confronted a nigh-invulnearable inhuman being, to proof which one of them the strongest and the best out of them!

• High 7-A Xiao is used
  • No 6-C Shennanigans for Xiao
  • Speed are equalized
  • Both are in-characters
  • Place: On top of Mount Unzen
  • images
  • Starting Range: 10 meters
  • Win via anything!!
  • Adeptus: 0
  • Lunarian: 0
  • Inconclusive: 0

King.%28ONE.PIECE%29.600.3537468.jpg

VS
Xiao.%28Genshin.Impact%29.600.3310434.jpg

Last edited:
He has them all except future sight. All kenbun users do. That isn't something special.
I've talked so much about him, I accidentally summoned him-
But yeah, as it stands, I don't see Xiao being able to do much since he doesn't have any ranged options/AoEs that don't require him trying to kill himself (BOAE). And his karma corrupting King would realistically take days to do.
I mean like, if we’re talking corruption, elemental powers have disease and empathic manipulation
The only time elemental energy's been shown to be toxic is with Smaragdus Jadeite, which is only toxic because its most defining feature is that its loaded with elemental energy. So Xiao would have to fight defensively to outlast King while simultaneously taxing his vision by vomiting out more and more anemo.

The only time elemental energy's been shown to be toxic is with Smaragdus Jadeite, which is only toxic because its most defining feature is that its loaded with elemental energy. So Xiao would have to fight defensively to outlast King while simultaneously taxing his vision by vomiting out more and more anemo.
Adeptus releases far more elemental energy in fight than your average vision holder and smaragdus jade in a fight. Corruption taking days is a huge downplay knowing that Xiao who already resist and fights with karma his entire life gets affected by bane of all evil because he's concentrating all the karma. Let alone someone who does not resist it

Adeptus releases far more elemental energy in fight than your average vision holder and smaragdus jade in a fight.
Source? I don't remember anything like that.
knowing that Xiao who already resist and fights with karma his entire life gets affected by bane of all evil because he's concentrating all the karma
That's assuming that he'd put on Bane of All Evil and release his karma despite knowing full well that stepping into King's blade storm would kill him, I don't think he'd take the added risk with how combat intelligent he's supposed to be.

That's assuming that he'd put on Bane of All Evil and release his karma despite knowing full well that stepping into King's blade storm would kill him, I don't think he'd take the added risk with how combat intelligent he's supposed to be.
Why wouldn't he? Idk about King but him being a pirate member of Kaido who tolerated atrocities and possibly killed thousand other pirates and humans wouldn't exactly make his karma that clean specially that massive bountry. Xiao who basically gets amplified further by bane of all evil against people who already has high karma would significantly widen the gap due to how it works. Xiao job is to literally purify things and stop enemies that threaten liyue with either karma or catastrophe. Where do you get the idea that he will not try to go all out at least once against such threats

Why wouldn't he? Idk about King but him being a pirate member of Kaido who tolerated atrocities and possibly killed thousand other pirates and humans wouldn't exactly make his karma that clean specially that massive bountry. Xiao who basically gets amplified further by bane of all evil against people who already has high karma would significantly widen the gap due to how it works. Xiao job is to literally purify things and stop enemies that threaten liyue with either karma or catastrophe.
You're comparing a man who's been in the business for only 20 years to somebody who's been day in-day out in the business for 2000. Remember that him getting amped in the cave was from his own karma as well. So Idk where you're getting the idea that King Karma = Xiao Karma to the point that a Bane of All Evil buff would be considerable unless you're implying King's done the same things in 20 that Xiao's done in 2000 lmao

If you really want a BAOE buff, then just change the location to the Karma-saturated cave. It'll at least give Xiao a concrete wincon.

King mainly rules over his part of Wano. He doesn’t… do too much.
Although we have seen him kill onscreen so we know he’s not a good person

while simultaneously taxing his vision by vomiting out more and more anemo.
???

Even ignoring the fact I’ve never heard anyone ever say anything in-game or from the community about Visions being capable of being over-taxed, Xiao’s vision is pretty much a cosmetic for his human form. He doesn’t need it to gain/retain his elemental powers as an Adepti and if it were to for some reason fail him he could just carry on fine.

“For adepti such as Cloud Retainer and Mountain Shaper, the human understanding is that they must have an "inner eye" that serves the same purpose as a Vision. Xiao, however, typically appears in a human form, so he dutifully wears a Vision to comply with the expected norm.”

That’s from this blog type page on Xiao’s creation and development in gameplay and character

Source? I don't remember anything like that
It’s just kinda a given since Adepti are in every sense superior to humans, vision or not, and since Vision users are pretty much immune to the effects of smaragdus jadeite, it stands to reason that’s because they take similar and/or superior levels through their own elemental energy and attacks. Think of it like their vision giving them a tolerance through exposure to elemental energy, meaning that visions have to compare or surpass smaragdus jadeite

It’s just kinda a given since Adepti are in every sense superior to humans, vision or not, and since Vision users are pretty much immune to the effects of smaragdus jadeite, it stands to reason that’s because they take similar and/or superior levels through their own elemental energy and attacks. Think of it like their vision giving them a tolerance through exposure to elemental energy, meaning that visions have to compare or surpass smaragdus jadeite
This is assuming that visions essentially brute force Smaragdus Jadeite by having more elemental energy, when in truth we don't know how visions stave off the effects of Smaragdus Jadeite. An electrical appliance can theoretically process a large current of electricity but that doesn't mean it'll output it all at once. And I'm pretty sure most of the treasure hoarders and other scrub elemental energy-less enemies that we see wouldn't even be able to talk from how sick they'd be if Visions output the same amount of energy as Smaragdus Jadeite, so it shouldn't be too far off to assume that visions are essentially stone walls.

Even ignoring the fact I’ve never heard anyone ever say anything in-game or from the community about Visions being capable of being over-taxed, Xiao’s vision is pretty much a cosmetic for his human form. He doesn’t need it to gain/retain his elemental powers as an Adepti and if it were to for some reason fail him he could just carry on fine.
It was confirmed in his character stories that he did, in fact, receive a vision from an archon but that he just doesn't remember how it happened. So his vision has to have some sort of function besides being cosmetic.

And I'm pretty sure most of the treasure hoarders and other scrub elemental energy-less enemies that we see wouldn't even be able to talk from how sick they'd be if Visions output the same amount of energy as Smaragdus Jadeite, so it shouldn't be too far off to assume that visions are essentially stone walls.
I mean Smaragdus Jaedite takes days to make people sick so it wouldn’t really off of one fight lasting a few minutes, but since theoretically Adepti Elemental Energy > Vision > Smaragdus Jaedite that can potentially be reduced to hours

but you are right, it’s circumstantial and I don’t think it’s a major factor in this battle

It was confirmed in his character stories that he did, in fact, receive a vision from an archon but that he just doesn't remember how it happened. So his vision has to have some sort of function besides being cosmetic.
Him receiving a vision means bo diddly squat since there’s no proof he actually needs to use it, especially given the fact he can’t even remember how he got it, and when we have quotes explaining Xiao only wears a vision because it’s the norm with humans that use elemental energy

Also this is all probs moot because

I’ve never heard anyone ever say anything in-game or from the community about Visions being capable of being over-taxed
source on Visions being over-taxed? I was under the impression they couldn’t be over-worked that way

Highly condensed elemental energy literally caused fear and headache to traveller by simply watching raiden execute signora.

So yeah higher elemental energy can literally cause faster occurrence. The fear might be specific to raiden but the fact that he experienced headache pretty much line up to the effect of smaragdus as its first symptoms for prolong exposure for people with resistance or vision against elemental energies.

This is assuming that visions essentially brute force Smaragdus Jadeite by having more elemental energy, when in truth we don't know how visions stave off the effects of Smaragdus Jadeite. An electrical appliance can theoretically process a large current of electricity but that doesn't mean it'll output it all at once. And I'm pretty sure most of the treasure hoarders and other scrub elemental energy-less enemies that we see wouldn't even be able to talk from how sick they'd be if Visions output the same amount of energy as Smaragdus Jadeite, so it shouldn't be too far off to assume that visions are essentially stone walls.
Arguing too much in specifics rather than whats accepted. In the profiles. Just look at archons profile and how their resistance and abilities differ from normal vision users

Highly condensed elemental energy literally caused fear and headache to traveller by simply watching raiden execute signora.

So yeah higher elemental energy can literally cause faster occurrence. The fear might be specific to raiden but the fact that he experienced headache pretty much line up to the effect of smaragdus as its first symptoms for prolong exposure for people with resistance or vision against elemental energies.
Tbf that was from Raiden Shogun with a 6-C+ attack it probably has way more elemental energy than Xiao could muster

(Granted he could probably stack to that level in a few hours)

Tbf that was from Raiden Shogun with a 6-C+ attack it probably has way more elemental energy than Xiao could muster

(Granted he could probably stack to that level in a few hours)
Yeah but traveler has resistance. We're talking about people without resistance to it

source on Visions being over-taxed? I was under the impression they couldn’t be over-worked that way
I'm sure I remember something about Visions making their users tired if overused, but I'm pretty sure I'm just getting Mandela Effected. The only time a vision bearer becomes tired (from what I remember) after a fight is Childe and that's because he was harnessing the abyss on top of a vision and a delusion.
Arguing too much in specifics rather than whats accepted.
I don't think I'm asking for too much, I guess I was just talking in a roundabout way. All I want is a source/proof saying that Adeptus Elemental Energy >= Smaragdus Jadeite Elemental Energy. That's it. I'm not saying that vision bearers don't have resistances, I never said that.

sooo yall gonna keep talking about xiao or we gonna get this vs match started..
Well I mean we’ve been discussing Xiao’s Corruption and abilities that can help it out which is basically his only win-con so I feel it’s pretty fair to discuss it and it’s different factors

i want to get this match started but seriously the odds are against Xiao cause of Haki
There isn't really much to explain with Haki. Kenbun makes him slipperier, but if you're really adamant about Xiao using his Burst in character then he has AoEs that reach in the air + teleports. Buso makes him more durable and lets him reliably damage Xiao, but Xiao's Burst amps him too to close the gap.

Idk enough to argue over whether or not Corruption is viable or how it works but right now I feel King has an advantage, he’s got advantages in AP, versatility in terms of elemental attacks, and mobility. Xiao is far smarter, and has good defensive options, but he’d need to rely on some sketch win-cons to take this and is never gonna AP King to death because of how King is the superior hand to hand combatant and because of his superior mobility, Battle IQ aside

Very High Diff and could sway very easily depending on what I hear but right now that’s my view

Corruption would work but Xiao doesn't fight that way and actually doesn't utilize his ability to corrupt because of his role as Adeptus. at best the corruption would happen as mere after-effects of him releasing karma by using the bane of all evil
so do the empathic manip and disease manip so at best these will cause hindrance to King as an aftereffect of elemental energy.
and doing so would force xiao to fight him which is where his Haki will basically able to clobber him and resist his attempts unless Xiao spam abuse teleport
but this makes that hard
(Remember that if it gets to H2H then King can blow up)

Off guard random boom boom
1033-003.png
I mean elemental forcefields can be put up in advance and take a few hits to break from opponents with far greater AP so it’s not like Xiao couldn’t just be careful with his approaches and make sure he’s always equipped for this happening

Corruption would work but Xiao doesn't fight that way and actually doesn't utilize his ability to corrupt because of his role as Adeptus. at best the corruption would happen as mere after-effects of him releasing karma by using the bane of all evil
so do the empathic manip and disease manip so at best these will cause hindrance to King as an aftereffect of elemental energy.
and doing so would force xiao to fight him which is where his Haki will basically able to clobber him and resist his attempts unless Xiao spam abuse teleport
but this makes that hard
From what I’ve heard about Haki in this thread it doesn’t seem like anything Xiao would be totally stumped by, it makes things much harder but it’s in his abilities to win the fight regardless

I mean elemental forcefields can be put up in advance and take a few hits to break from opponents with far greater AP so it’s not like Xiao couldn’t just be careful with his approaches and make sure he’s always equipped for this happening
Fair
From what I’ve heard about Haki in this thread it doesn’t seem like anything Xiao would be totally stumped by, it makes things much harder but it’s in his abilities to win the fight regardless
Don't listen to the thread, read the page

King in character won't take it to H2H for the most part. Based on how he was fighting Zoro and Marco (for the most part) he'd be spamming projectiles in his zoan form and flying all over the place. His second choice would be going hybrid and overpowering his oppnent with those large wings (ie, sending Zoro flying across half the island with a swat) then spamming Danmaku slashes.
If it gets to H2H then King's fire-on mode has ridiculous durability- we're talking>Kaido and certain hits cause him to detonate with enough force that Zoro admits he would've been done for if he didn't use his own busoshoku to guard. King no-sells said explosions as well-

Xiao's hax make the fight last longer, but King seems really overwhelming here.

Bro that man fought Zoro H2H for like a third of the fight
True, but the majority of his on screen fights were him as a dinosaur and being a spammer-
Vs Marco we see a few cuts where he's shooting fire, vs Zoro he even turned to his Zoan form (albeit he was switching back and forth at the middle), and even at the very end he resorted to flying away when Zoro started overwhelming him.
He can handle himself H2H, but the man's annoying to fight tbh

since Xiao is a melee fighter without many range attacks he would always put the fight in h2h with teleportation if he flies away or go in range so its most likely gonna go h2h most for this fight

Back