• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

King in Black Spoilers - Captain Universe Venom Upgrade?

In the finale of the King in Black storyline, we see Venom kicking Knull’s ass; even scaring the god of the symbiotes shitless.

Besides a new render, I think its safe to say that Captain Universe Venom should be upgraded to 2-A. If not, a Knull downgrade?

Last edited:
The problem is that it is just a temporary power-up that should not be featured in the profile in the first place, and previously Captain Universe has only been portrayed as 4-B at best.

I don't think it's a 2A feat for Venom/Eddie/Cap Uni. Knull was severely weakened after his connection was ruined with the Headless Celestial in the Valkyries tie in. But was still above All Father Thor. But definitely not 2A.

@Antvasima No disrespect but Im rather curious why youre so adverse to comic characters having keys for temporary powerups when every other verse is allowed to have them
Because these characters are extremely inconsistent enough as it is, and temporary power-ups happen all the time, to the point that they would cause irrelevant spam in the profile page statistics, and last for such a brief time that the statistics turn far more unreliable than usual, since we cannot pattern consistency from them.

Basically, these characters have extremely long histories, so adding any power-ups that last for only a few pages to a few issues would both be irrelevant, spammy, and too hard to pattern to turn reliable.

That said, Venom easily defeating Knull was a fairly significant event, but also lasted for only a single issue, so I am not certain if he should get a 2-A statistics key or not.

Shouldn't Knull get a weakened state first (if Eddie somehow ends up getting the Cap Uni key)? Because of the stuff that happened in Valkyries tie in.

Here and here

Last edited:
Not really. He didn't really fight anyone other than Cap Uni Eddie. But he was acting unfazed when standing in front of Surfer and seeing Thor run towards him. So no clue how strong he was.

Captain Universe Spider-Man only fought Terminus and the Tri-Sentinel as far as I am aware, never Galactus.

Not really. He didn't really fight anyone other than Cap Uni Eddie. But he was acting unfazed when standing in front of Surfer and seeing Thor run towards him. So no clue how strong he was.
Okay. Odinforce Thor managed to singlehandedly almost defeat him until being struck from behind though.

a possible solution:
We know eddie is now the new king in black. He seemingly lost the captain universe powers. We could just remove the captain universe key, and wait for king in black eddie to get feats. King in black becomes his new key after that
King in Black Eddie has the feats of dcapitating a Clestial and replacing Knull in the cosmic hierarchy

We do not know his new scale of power yet. We should wait until he has a lot of appearances before we give him a key.

Also the keys for very temporary power-ups while fighting Carnage and Knull should be removed.

uhhh he killed the celestial as captain universe. he becomes king in black at the end of the comic. he did replace knull, yes. Two issues:

He did so from a piece of knull, not his entirety. We dont know for sure yet if he scales 1 to 1 with knull. Second, but less important, venom seems to imply that while his he has full connection to the hive, he cant fully understand it. We should wait for at least a few follow up issues

Weekly told me in the other Venom thread that Eddie permanently kept his beyond Juggernaut power-up from codexes after defeating Carnage, so that key can probably stay, but not Captain Universe.

Last edited:
I replied that both keys can be removed after all in the other thread.

I think the enigma force should have its own profile with its own keys, being those who have already been its host, since it only has temporary hosts and each one has a common set of powers among them + some powers of its own (usually the ones they already had raised to cosmic scale)

We do not know his new scale of power yet. We should wait until he has a lot of appearances before we give him a key.

Also the keys for very temporary power-ups while fighting Carnage and Knull should be removed.
Weekly told me in the other Venom thread that Eddie permanently kept his beyond Juggernaut power-up from codexes after defeating Carnage, so that key can probably stay, but not Captain Universe.
I replied that both keys can be removed after all in the other thread.
Has this been handled yet?

Back