• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Small Venom Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultima_Reality

?????????
VS Battles
Administrator
Doing this as a direct extension of the recent Marvel revisions. Expect a fair few of these threads to pop up from me in the time to come.

So, a few things:

Venom's Captain Universe key should be Low 1-A, scaling from Eternity. For the extended justification, see here. The first two paragraphs in particular.

To make things short: Captain Universe / the Enigma Force is the heart and soul of Eternity, without which Eternity quite simply collapses, and as such Venom scales to him while using the Uni Power. Do note that, though Knull is Captain Universe's dark counterpart, he doesn't actually scale to her, since Uni-Venom's "fight" with him was so ridiculously one-sided it hardly qualifies as one at all. So Knull instead is High 1-B scaling from the Celestials.

Ontop of that, he (Venom) should also get a key for the Eventuality, the version of him introduced in Venom Vol. 5 #17-18. To give an explanation: The Eventuality is basically Eddie's future self, from waaaaaaay into the multiverse's timeline, who finally finished his work as a King in Black and now exists in the Un-Beyond, the Qlippoth of Yesod, tending to reality from there.

As a reminder for those who need it: The King in Black is the dark counterpart to the Beyonders, his realm being likewise the dark reflection of the Beyond. Naturally, the Eventuality scales to them, so, he ought to be High 1-A.

I could probably add more, but I'd rather let the ongoing Venom run finish first, so, that will be all for now.

Last edited:
I think that this seems perfectly fine to apply.

Also, "Dominion", which was referenced in Al Ewing's Defenders scans with the Beyonders, seems to be the currently seemingly inevitable rise of Mother Righteous as the replacement supreme being of Marvel Comics in storylines so far mostly headed by (the living memetic mind-cancer) Kieron Gillen, but it may also tie into (the equally morally awful) Jonathan Hickman's upcoming "G.O.D.S." series, which likely depicts an extremely corruptive overhaul of Marvel Comics' cosmic order (which was corrupt enough already in my view). So that is something to keep an eye out for.

Also, "Dominion", which was referenced in Al Ewing's Defenders scans with the Beyonders, seems to be the currently seemingly inevitable rise of Mother Righteous as the replacement supreme being of Marvel Comics in storylines so far mostly headed by (the living memetic mind-cancer) Kieron Gillen, but it may also tie into (the equally morally awful) Jonathan Hickman's upcoming "G.O.D.S." series, which depicts a corruptive overhaul of Marvel Comics' cosmic order. So that is something to keep an eye out for.
G.O.D.S does make me extremely warry as to what exactly Hickman is cooking, but I suppose we'll wait and see. It's only a month away, after all.

Yes, and X-Men comic books currently have an overarching plot of Mother Righteous apparently "inevitably" becoming Marvel Comics' new supreme being, and a far more corrupt one than even the One Above All.

Yes, and X-Men comic books currently have an overarching plot of Mother Righteous apparently "inevitably" becoming Marvel Comics' new supreme being, and a far more corrupt one than even the One Above All.
Then again, here is Jonathan Hickman's somewhat older definition:

G.O.D.S does make me extremely warry as to what exactly Hickman is cooking, but I suppose we'll wait and see. It's only a month away, after all.
Yeah it's either going to be an severe degrading of Marvel's Cosmic Entities, or something that massively boosts everything. There's really no in-between.

Also yeah I'm perfectly fine with the Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back