• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Knull revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, now that Black Winter's profile is done I can move for Knull Anyway I'm starting

Abstract Existence Type 2

As far as we know, there are two concepts in the Marvel Universe: love and hate (two opposite concepts). One of them (love) is TOAA's and the other (hate) is TOBA's weapon. This means that TOBA lacks the concept of love and TOAA lacks the concept of hate because these are two opposite concepts. TOBA always wants to destroy everything, to crush everything, to be alone, whereas TOAA doesn't want to be alone and he always creates things. He builds like an engineer. As a result, one side naturally lacks the concept of hate and has the concept of love as a weapon; the other side lacks the concept of love and likewise has the concept of hate as a weapon.

The simplest example of this is the Immortal Hulk: Time of the Monsters series

TOBA grants powers to Taamuz (to take revenge), who participates in the concept of hate, and TOBA grants him gamma power and enables him to take revenge.
Taamuz serves this concept by taking his revenge, and the fact that TOBA hates everything/everyone and owns this concept of hate shows that he embodies this concept.

Knull is an aspect of TOBA and this means that he embodies the concept of hate just like TOBA. Knull also extinguished all the stars he passed over before it came to earth, and on all the planets he passed over, he massacred and took peoples life. Billions of souls are gone. Knull, like TOBA, not only hated light, he hated everything.
As a result Knull should get Abstract exitence type 2 because he embodies this concept just like TOBA.

Type 2 Concept of Hate

Concept of hate should be type 2. The reason is that even killing everyone who belongs to this concept does not destroy it. Undoubtedly, other beings have unwittingly joined in this concept because of some incidents they have experienced and so on (the simplest example was Taamuz)). To put an end to this concept, it is enough to destroy the concept itself

NEP Nature Type 1, Aspect Type 2

Knull is the embodiment of Abyss. And Abyss is a void with NEP Nature type 1

Knull has NEP Nature type 1 because Knull = Abyss. Also, Knull has NEP Aspect type 2 because he is an aspect of TOBA, so he naturally lacks TOAA's concept of love
Another Aspect type 2 basis is that Knull is the opposite of the concept of light, which means that he lacks it.

Immortality Type 8

Since Knull is the embodiment of Abyss, no matter how much he dies, he can come back thanks to Abyss (in order to destroy him completely, it is necessary to destroy Abyss) also
Knull himself states this as well. Before he dies, he tells Eddie that he will not set him free, implying that he will come back. He also says that the Abyss is an infinite void (at that moment Eddie was taking him to kill him and Knull was aware that he was going to die, he had fought and defeated by him beforehand), he essentially states that he will come back, and stated that Knull returns in the future and never fully died

Attack Potency: High Outerverse Level

He fought with Herald of None Thor and was able to overpower and defeat him. He also severely injured him and could have killed him if he wanted to, but he didn't and turned to Dylan.

He is referred to as the threat to the 8th Cosmos Multi-Eternity and this is stated in more than ones

durability:low outerverse level
Tanked some attacks from God of light

Immeasurable Speed
In his battle with Hon-Thor, he kept pace with him and showed that he was superior to him in speed.

Is there a situation that can be called outlier?

No, there is not. The fact that the character fought and defeated Hon Thor and became a threat to 8th Cosmos Multi-Eternity is definitely not an outlier and hyperbole. Because Knull is an aspect of TOBA. This means that Knull's existence is on a bigger scale than Eternity and Hon Thor, and this also allows Knull to defeat Hon Thor and become a threat to 8th Cosmos (I think I don't need to explain the power and hierarchical difference between TOBA and Multi-Eternity).

Some people may think that Hon Thor here has little cosmic power, but this is not the case. There has been no explanation as to how much of that power was left in Thor after he blew up Galactus and destroyed almost all of Black Winter. So we actually don't know. So no one can say that Hon Thor, who fought Knull, had little cosmic power based on conjecture. It was also stated that the cosmic power in question was too much to be measured. Therefore, it is quite natural for Hon Thor to use this power and show that he has it against his enemies after Black Winter. Because this power is infinite and despite all these situations, Thor couldn't defeat Knull.

So, does Knull being H1-A upgrade the tier of other characters?

The answer is no. Let's look at God of light, known as Uni-Venom. Even though he was on a lower scale than Knull, he defeated and killed him. In fact, when we look at it, he did it thanks to 3 extraordinary situations.

1. Knull was weakened before God of Light faced him.

2. Knull did not have his original weapon, the All Black Necrosword, and he had the Exolon Sword ( which is not as strong as the Necrosword)

3. His opponent, God of Light, combined Hon Thor's Mjolnir, which has the cosmic power of Thor, and Silver Surfer's Surfboard to create an extraordinary weapon, with which he fought against Knull and, naturally, received an amp.
In all of these circumstances, Knull's loss is normal and he has already killed God of Light on fair terms.

and as a result knull's tier should be high 1a because his AP is high 1a and his existence is superior to high 1a

Is All Blood Carnage affected by this?

The answer is still no. Death of the Venom Verse is a non-canon comic with multiple contradictions on multiple issues within itself, scaling with the original Knull is extremely absurd.

Contex:The Ultimates 2 Issue #100, Defenders Beyond Issue #5, Immortal Hulk: Time of the Monsters Issue Full + Immortal Hulk (2018) Issue #25 Immortal Hulk: Absolute Carnage Issue Full + King in Black Issue #3 Venom 2021 Issue #18 + https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/who-is-knull King in Black Issue #5, Venom 2099 Issue full https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/know-all-the-major-players-in-king-in-black, Syimbiote Spider-Man Issue #2, Silver Surfer black Issue #4 web of venom: wraıth full

Agree:Elizio33 darkdragonmedeus antvasima They accepted everything except AE

Neutral:

Disagree:

Note:due to my work life, I may not be able to look at the CRT sometimes.

Last edited:
I agree and think it makes sense for high 1-A in the Silver Surfer black #2 .He was in the plane of the Abyss, a plane higher than the white hot room , Therefore, he should be a great fit for High1-A.

I agree and think it makes sense for high 1-A in the Silver Surfer black #2 .He was in the plane of the Abyss, a plane higher than the white hot room , Therefore, he should be a great fit for High1-A.
The abyss you mentioned (Daat) is the abyss. It is one of the layers of the mystery. As for the abyss of Knull, I do not think that the silver surfer issue will be discussed because in Marvel cosmology, any being can travel to a higher dimensional place than itself, for example, like the children of Eternity going to the house of ideas.

silver surfer (went to knull's abyss)

@Ehnkr2beboh

What do you think about this?
Abilities look good imo, though I'm not so well versed on abstract existence.

For some reason the AP suggestion is High 1-A, and the durability suggestion is Low 1-A, so that should probably be fixed to match. I don't think the Herald of None Thor, as in the exact version that destroyed Black Winter, fought Knull, since he had sacrificed the power he had taken from Galactus to kill BW. I don't have scans on me right now, but this was said by Cates on Twitter and implied within the comic.

Scaling off eighth cosmos Eternity is probably a better way to go about it. I know there were some other scans saying he was a threat to all of creation, every corner of creation, etc. which fit nice alongside the one in the OP, though I'd have to track those down when I can.

All right, let me see...
Agree
Type 2 Concept of Hate

Concept of hate should be type 2. The reason is that even killing everyone who belongs to this concept does not destroy it. Undoubtedly, other beings have unwittingly joined in this concept because of some incidents they have experienced and so on (the simplest example was Taamuz)). To put an end to this concept, it is enough to destroy the concept itself
A type 2 concept is where changing every manifestation of the concept affects the concept itself. This sounds more like a type 1 description. Also, can I get citations for the bold text?

Knull is the embodiment of Abyss. And Abyss is a void with NEP Nature type 1

Knull has NEP Nature type 1 because Knull = Abyss. Also, Knull has NEP Aspect type 2 because he is an aspect of TOBA, so he naturally lacks TOAA's concept of love
Another Aspect type 2 basis is that Knull is the opposite of the concept of light, which means that he lacks it.
I agree, but I think you should cite which concepts he lacks too on the P&A page.
Agree.
Neutral on the second justification, disagree with the first.

This is the scan being used to justify Knull scaling to High 1-A.
LcOKelO.jpeg
There's a difference between the basic power cosmic amp given to Thor (the whole idea behind Herald of Thunder is that it's Odinforce+Power Cosmic) and the power he absorbed from Galactus himself to defeat Black Winter. These panels state that said power was used as a bomb, hence it's unlikely he kept it as something standard.
Continuing...
This makes sense, but Low 1-A durability and High 1-B attack potency are inconsistent. Looking over how the scans state that Knull is something like a dark counterpart to the God of Light, and a being similar to/on the level of the M-body abstracts, you should update his AP justifications.
I agree.

Those are basically all my thoughts. I disagree with the High 1-A scaling, but I think there's more than enough evidence that Knull is on the level of the abstracts in their M-bodies and should gain a Low 1-A rating.

Neutral on the second justification, disagree with the first.

This is the scan being used to justify Knull scaling to High 1-A.

There's a difference between the basic power cosmic amp given to Thor (the whole idea behind Herald of Thunder is that it's Odinforce+Power Cosmic) and the power he absorbed from Galactus himself to defeat Black Winter. These panels state that said power was used as a bomb, hence it's unlikely he kept it as something standard.
It would be more logical to state that it is an endless weapon that he can use whenever he wants against the tough enemies he faces, rather than something standard. Marvel itself has already announced that the Thor who fights with Knull is Hon Thor, so we cannot call it Hot Thor, and it is a less powerful Hon Thor and so on. We cannot say that because it was stated in the Thor (2020) series that the cosmic power in question is infinite (perhaps even more than infinite).

What I mean is that I think that Thor who fights with Black Winter is no different from Thor who fights with Knull, only one of them has Odin Force as well as this cosmic power. After all, Marvel has explained this, there is no reason to reject it when it comes to High 1a because In the OP, I have already covered the issues that could cause

Considering the nature of Knull, it is quite normal that he poses a threat to 8th Cosmos Multi Eternity.

Abilities look good imo, though I'm not so well versed on abstract existence.

For some reason the AP suggestion is High 1-A, and the durability suggestion is Low 1-A, so that should probably be fixed to match. I don't think the Herald of None Thor, as in the exact version that destroyed Black Winter, fought Knull, since he had sacrificed the power he had taken from Galactus to kill BW. I don't have scans on me right now, but this was said by Cates on Twitter and implied within the comic.

Scaling off eighth cosmos Eternity is probably a better way to go about it. I know there were some other scans saying he was a threat to all of creation, every corner of creation, etc. which fit nice alongside the one in the OP, though I'd have to track those down when I can.
It has already been announced by marvel that the Thor who fights Knull there is the hon Thor, as for Cates I don't care about his words as he is a stupid writer who contradicts himself

Looks good. Edit: I no longer agree with this for Elizio's reasons.
Type 2 Concept of Hate
This looks more like type 1.
Immortality Type 8
Immeasurable Speed
These three also looks fine IMO. But he should also have Incorporeality, since he will have NEP Nature 1

No opinion about the rest.

Last edited:
Abstract Existence Type 2: In your scan, Bruce only speculated that Knull could be either a facet of the One Below All, or another creature it controls.

Nonexistent Physiology Type 1: Knull is not the Abyss, he is the god of darkness but not the darkness itself. He is often confused with the darkness.

Other stuffs seems fine for now.
Bruce thinks that knull has a face of Toba and therefore an aspect, and he states this. This series mentioned was written by Al Ewing. Al Ewing does not always show some things directly to the reader. He usually leaves hints and wants the reader to notice, understand and interpret this. Al Ewing also stated this before. and this is the same in the case of the series

As for nep 1, knull is the abyss itself. Marvel itself explained this (in venom 2021 and on its official website of marvel) Whether he is mentioned as the god of darkness or not does not affect knull's nature with nothingness. Even oblivion is mentioned as the owner and lord of darkness, although it is accepted that he is the embodiment of nothingness and that is why he has nep 1

So this thing you mentioned is definitely not an anti feat.

Last edited:
Abstract Existence Type 2: In your scan, Bruce only speculated that Knull could be either a facet of the One Below All, or another creature it controls.

Nonexistent Physiology Type 1: Knull is not the Abyss, he is the god of darkness but not the darkness itself. He is often confused with the darkness.

I agree with this.

Bruce thinks that knull has a face of Toba and therefore an aspect, and he states this. This series mentioned was written by Al Ewing. Al Ewing does not always show some things directly to the reader. He usually leaves hints and wants the reader to notice, understand and interpret this. Al Ewing also stated this before. and this is the same in the case of the series

As for nep 1, knull is the abyss itself. Marvel itself explained this (in venom 2021 and on its official website of marvel) Whether he is mentioned as the god of darkness or not does not affect knull's nature with nothingness. Even oblivion is mentioned as the owner and lord of darkness, although it is accepted that he is the embodiment of nothingness and that is why he has nep 1

So this thing you mentioned is definitely not an anti feat.
1. Well, we can't say for sure that Knull is really an aspect of TOBA since Bruce's statement was speculation. Although Ewing wanted Knull to be an aspect of TOBA, this has not yet been confirmed.

2. No he is not. Knull said he was the Abyss and others thought that was the case, but when Jean Grey read Knull's mind, she learned that Knull was not the darkness, just an ancient being controlling the Abyss.

1. Well, we can't say for sure that Knull is really an aspect of TOBA since Bruce's statement was speculation. Although Ewing wanted Knull to be an aspect of TOBA, this has not yet been confirmed.

2. No he is not. Knull said he was the Abyss and others thought that was the case, but when Jean Grey read Knull's mind, she learned that Knull was not the darkness, just an ancient being controlling the Abyss.
No? We can say that very well ı told you about ewing's working system and Knull is known as Cosmic Satan just like Toba ewing has already Brought him to aspect position also ın venom 2021was said that the real home of king in black is Qlippoth of omega

Not having darkness or manipulating the abyss is irrelevant to Knull's nature with nothingness, so it doesn't affect it, since he is the embodiment of the abyss This is means he already has dominion over the abyss

I also agree with this.

But shouldn't he still have NEP?

Because, in the scan you posted above, it is specifically mentioned that the darkness bonded with the warriors and, in the other hand, Eddie refers to Knull as a nothing.

I mean, it's clear that Knull is not the embodiment of that nothingness, but rather something that the darkness created against the light. And it makes no sense for something like this to create something that is not 'nothing' IMO.

There are nep 1 expressions for both knull and abyss in venom 2021 I have already show these in the title. Abyss was disturbed by this because the celestials brought the light and life (because the nature of the abyss is non-existence), so it is a nothingness that does not want anything outside itself, and as a result, this abyss has become a physical form. entered (to stop celestials and life) this was knull

But shouldn't he still have NEP?

Because, in the scan you posted above, it is specifically mentioned that the darkness bonded with the warriors and, in the other hand, Eddie refers to Knull as a nothing.

I mean, it's clear that Knull is not the embodiment of that nothingness, but rather something that the darkness created against the light. And it makes no sense for something like this to create something that is not 'nothing' IMO.
Yes

I would appreciate it if you try to take my messages into consideration.

If anyone thinks that Knull is not the incarnation of Abyss, they can argue with me, after all, I am providing concrete evidence, just like some people want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back