• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

King Boo Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright. So as we know, King Boo materialized a mansion in Luigi's Mansion, correct? It's rated as Large Building level currently, but has some other worth to it.

The mansion contains five pocket dimensions: one created from Chauncey's fight, one from Bogmire, one from Boolossus, one from King Boo and one from the Telescope.

Wait...

Universe
That's pretty, ain't it?

As you can see from above, it looks an awful lot like a universe. How do we know King Boo made this? Well, it has to do with the moon.

Universe 2

As you can see, this realm contains a moon. Luigi blows it up, right? Please keep in mind, you do this very early in "Area 3," after defeating Bogmire and before battling Boolossus. So, you blow up the moon, and it's gone, right? At least, this realm's moon is. That's how I know this is another dimension that King Boo had materialized. Once you finish Area 3, our big celestial friend comes back.

Two Moons

As you can see, the moon is back. But that's because you're in reality now, NOT one of the pocket dimensions. One of the pocket dimensions that King Boo had materialized. This would mean that the mansion contains universe-sized dimensions.

Please refer back to the flaming dimension the final boss takes place in--that seems to be an alternate reality that is parallel to the actual mansion. This likely means that is the same size as the actual mansion.

And that's without mentioning the other three, which are in the same boat, sharing striking similarities, but at the same time, differences. Proving they're the same, but not. What this means is that King Boo materialized 5 universes, which would be 2-C, Multi-Universe level.

But this isn't the last one, he also has complete control over the Paranormal Dimension, capable of warping and manipulating it.

I believe King Boo should be upgraded to either "At least Low 2-C" or "2-C."

What are your guys' thoughts?

The celestial bodies aren't real. We see Luigi catch a small meteor with his Poltergust and shoot it at the moon, which turns out to be tiny and explodes. Pocket dimensions have to be judged on size.

Hmmm... but wouldn't how it looks count? I mean, it looks like a bunch of stars.

Also, what about the last one? Where King Boo warps the Paranormal Dimension?

We can't judge purely on that when our only other showing suggests said celestial bodies are very, very small.

I believe King Boo already has a universal feat on his profile. The problem is it's not directly combat applicable, so it's not like it scales to anything else.

Also, another thing: if it's fake, shouldn't Luigi be downgraded? He's got a Moon level rating for destroying that realm's moon.

You can inform Dino Ranger Black about this thread, if you wish.

I do believe I will, as he might know a few things I don't.

But in my timezone, I'm heading off to school in a few minutes, so I won't b able to inform him just yet.

Regardless, I do have a few more things I'd like to say, so I'll bring that to the table once I get home.

Those realms from the first LM; there's nothing indicating they are full-fledge universes. Celestial object aren't enough, otherwise mutiple character would be labelled Low 2-C or hire. For all we know so for, it could be reality warping or pocket sized dimensions. This is not 2-C in the slightest.

Ask for the Dark Moon related feat, from what I'm read from the in-game descriptions, it's actually King Boo's dimension, rather than the actual Paranormal Dimension he manipulates. I quote from the mission, King Boo's Illusion:

King Boo has created the ultimate illusion, and he's waiting for you to show yourself. Are you brave enough to face him in his own territory once again?

And there's nothing indicating his dimension is a full-fledge universe either. So it's not a Low 2-C feat.

Hello everyone, I am back. Anyway, I have a few things I'd like to bring up.

As for the small celestial objects, this was also done within the Marioverse many other times. For example, Super Mario World's castles, the galaxies within Mario Galaxy, and even the stars within Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, which is the real world. I just don't know if we can say that all of these objects are necessarily tiny when the series does this many times, even when it's obviously false, like with Super Mario World's castles.

Also, even if it's not necessarily universe-sized, it should still be higher than Large Building level, as the dimension is much bigger than the mansion itself.

As for Dark Moon, isn't it possible it's a universe due to being called a dimension? The actual Marioverse is referred to as a dimension within the very same game, so there's not necessarily much contradicting it.

Again, the battle takes place in the dimension he created to fight in, not the Paranormal Dimension. There's nothing indicating the dimension he created is an actual universe. Also, just because dimensions in other games or franchises are established as universes, doesn't mean the dimension King Boo made is a universe. We already establish rules about determining the size of the dimension. We are not going to cut corners here.

Well, what I meant was that his dimension was likely a universe (the one he manipulated in Dark Moon) because within the same game, it is stated that dimension pertains to universe.

Regardless, I'm okay with there being no upgrade, though I do believe we should remove Luigi's Moon level rating if all of this is the case.

That's not how really determining universes work though. Traveling through actual universes doesn't mean a dimension someone made is an actual universe, unless specified. Take Dimentio for example.

I, personally, don't see that since the moon is clearly not as small as the celestial objects near the entrance, otherwise, the distance btw him and Luigi would have been much shorter. Though, I can see why others would disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back