• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

King additional justifications

Honestly, it seems to me like after the 2nd hit (though srsly why did King remove his flames, I mean Zoro can react to his flame-off speed so he gained nothing), King honestly just panicked since no one had done that before and he was running on fumes.

That's why he used that massive flame dragon.

Since KoH Zoro, who had earlier sliced Flame-Off King (the first time) didn't think he could hurt Flame-On King, it seems to me like King was suffering a stamina drain (which he basically stated himself earlier).

That's why he used that massive Flame Dragon instead of using Flame On + Hybrid against Zoro, he wanted to end the fight quickly

maybe wait for other people
what did yall agree on for other points?
I dropped the Buso King = Haoshoku Zoro point after speaking about it with Mitch.

And for now I'll wait for other people to discuss the Enma = Flame on King Durability justification.

Use the Viz that's badly translated.
Is this right?
1035-009.png

He didn't.
Actually, I was thinking about this.

How about we wait another 3-6 months for the anime to show what happened (or possibly longer because the pacing is atrocious)?

If it doesn't show Zoro using Enma during this panel, I'll concede the argument.

Actually, I was thinking about this.

How about we wait another 3-6 months for the anime to show what happened (or possibly longer because the pacing is atrocious)?

If it doesn't show Zoro using Enma during this panel, I'll concede the argument.
You can concede right now since your argument is just wrong, it's clear in the manga that he's not using enma when he's clashing with King. The anime is used as secondary canon for stuff like timeframes, it's interpretation doesn't outeigh the actual canon manga.

Whenever he uses Enma there's a clear aura on his swords, there's no aura on his swords when King and Zoro clash; an aura only appears when Zoro knocks away King to prevent him from continuing to attack him.

the fact is, zoros sword was visible and there was no signs of enma until the clash ended
also.. king scaling to an attack that can kill kaido is a fat outlier

king scaling to an attack that can kill kaido is a fat outlier
I didn't even go into the scaling because the justification for it was already was dookie, but that shit is blatantly false regardless:
  1. Using that justification, a weaker version of buso Zoro who overpowered Zoan King would scale above the later version of FP Enma Zoro.
  2. Buso King who scales above that weaker version of Buso Zoro for overpowering him would scale far higher than FP Enma Zoro.
  3. Buso Zoro at the end of the fight scales to Buso King w/Lunarian Flames, once again making him scale far higher than FP Enma Zoro which is completely false as the entire reason Enma was killing him is he's not strong enough on his own to wield it with no issue.

You can concede right now since your argument is just wrong, it's clear in the manga that he's not using enma when he's clashing with King. The anime is used as secondary canon for stuff like timeframes, it's interpretation doesn't outweigh the actual canon manga.

Whenever he uses Enma there's a clear aura on his swords, there's no aura on his swords when King and Zoro clash; an aura only appears when Zoro knocks away King to prevent him from continuing to attack him.
I asked Mitch, he said Zoro used Enma for that entire page.

When I mentioned it to Kingtempest in a discord chat, he didn't seem to have an issue with it.

So no, I'll wait for the anime.

And like the OP says, Zoro was going all out during this entire section once he got Enma, there was no reason for him to get Enma, suddenly drop it, and then use it again.

And he said Enma was killing him right after this, which I doubt would've happened if he'd just used it's full power for 2 moments.

I didn't even go into the scaling because the justification for it was already was dookie, but that shit is blatantly false regardless:
  1. Using that justification, a weaker version of buso Zoro who overpowered Zoan King would scale above the later version of FP Enma Zoro.
He never overpowered Enma King, just repelled one of his attacks.

Zoan/Hybrid King was matching him the entire time, and even overpowered his Tiger Hunt, which judging by the lightning from his clash with King actually did have Buso Haki.
  1. Buso King who scales above that weaker version of Buso Zoro for overpowering him would scale far higher than FP Enma Zoro.
See above.
  1. Buso Zoro at the end of the fight scales to Buso King w/Lunarian Flames, once again making him scale far higher than FP Enma Zoro which is completely false as the entire reason Enma was killing him is he's not strong enough on his own to wield it with no issue.
See above.

wasnt this hao inf? i dont remember
Buso Zoro matched this King, Hao Zoro overpowered him.

regardless, no signs of zoro using enma and even if he did its an outlier
Well I don't think King directly scales to Enma Unleashed (since Zoro did push him away with it eventually), but him clashing with it is a solid support feat IMO.

He already has feats >= that, like beating Beginning of Fight Zoro silly and making him cough up blood (and Zoro in a weaker key took hits from Big Mom's lightning), and of course there's how his Base AP with a sword but zero Haki scales to Hybrid Marco.

I asked Mitch, he said Zoro used Enma for that entire page.

When I mentioned it to Kingtempest in a discord chat, he didn't seem to have an issue with it.

So no, I'll wait for the anime.

And like the OP says, Zoro was going all out during this entire section once he got Enma, there was no reason for him to get Enma, suddenly drop it, and then use it again.

And he said Enma was killing him right after this, which I doubt would've happened if he'd just used it's full power for 2 moments.
Well Mitch is wrong, and he and KT aren't here arguing for this only you. Idk why you treat their opinion as gospel kinda seems like ********* behavior.

And your OP ignores that we know when Enma is being used; when the aura is used, literally every single time. I'm not here to justify "Well Zoro has no reason" that shit is irrelevant & relies on headcanon regardless when the scans blatantly show he's not using it.

It doesn't matter if you personally doubt it, your doubt & opinion are irrelevant. Either way though you're still wrong because this was Zoro after using it for just a few moments.
He never overpowered Enma King, just repelled one of his attacks.

Zoan/Hybrid King was matching him the entire time, and even overpowered his Tiger Hunt, which judging by the lightning from his clash with King actually did have Buso Haki.
I'm assuming you mean Zoan King, yeah and repelling his attack is still overpowering the force King's outputting.

Different version of Zoro that King overpowered, it's not relevant here.

Last edited:
Well Mitch is wrong, and he and KT aren't here arguing for this only you. Idk why you treat their opinion as gospel kinda seems like ********* behavior.

And your OP ignores that we know when Enma is being used; when the aura is used, literally every single time. I'm not here to justify "Well Zoro has no reason" that shit is irrelevant & relies on headcanon regardless when the scans blatantly show he's not using it.

It doesn't matter if you personally doubt it, your doubt & opinion are irrelevant. Either way though you're still wrong because this was Zoro after using it for just a few moments.

I'm assuming you mean Zoan King, yeah and repelling his attack is still overpowering the force King's outputting.

Different version of Zoro that King overpowered, it's not relevant here.
What was the censored part

He already has feats >= that, like beating Beginning of Fight Zoro silly and making him cough up blood (and Zoro in a weaker key took hits from Big Mom's lightning), and of course there's how his Base AP with a sword but zero Haki scales to Hybrid Marco.
He literally doesn't, King has no support whatsoever that would make him scale to FP Enma Zoro.

Back