• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kimetsu no Yaiba AP Revision

So yeah I finally decided to make this thread.

Doma's bodhisattva calc come out at 8-B+. This would obviously scale to Doma when his profile is made as well as everybody else that scales to or above him. So far there are only four to my knowledge and they are Yoriichi, Muzan, Kokushibo and Gyomei w/ Demon Slayer Mark.

There's also Zou Hakuten who is pretty much Sekido after absorbing Karaku, Urogi and Aizetsu. All of Hantengu's emotion clones are individually on par with Demon Form Nezuko. Zou Hakuten is a fusion of four of them which would make him 8-C (Over 0.32 Tons). This would scale to quite a bit of characters so I guess we'll discuss who this would scale to and what tier we should give them.

Proposed scaling here

Keeping up with Demon form Nezuko is like 9A+ right? Or do we have a specific value for that form's AP?

Also the various Upper Moons should scale. The pillars are a bit different due to the being variable inability eg Rengoku can block Akaza's projectiles but Gyomei can keep up with UM1.

Just unquantifiably into 9-A since they merely upscale from Post-Demon Slayer Training Bass Tanjiro who is 0.08 tons.

To my knowledge the ones that scale to 8-C are Zou Hakuten, Akaza, Gyomei, Sanemi, Giyuu, Tanjiro, Kanao, Inosuke, Kyojuro, Mitsuri, Obanai, and maybe Shinobu. The problem is should we make anybody that scales to Akaza At least 8-C, possibly higher.

I believe yes Sekido was basically stomping Demon form Nezuko and Tanjrou and they're comparable to Daki not to mention Akaza even outmatches Giyuu pretty easily and stalemates him with his Mark.

You can't get a + sign by simply having a scaling chain filled with stomps. Trust me NNT did this in the past and was downgraded once we've been told you can't do that.

Ah ok then so it would be baseline Zhou Hakuten, Kanroji, Tomioka, Sanemi, Inosuke, Obanai and Kanao.

Current base Tanjirou, Akaza, marked Tomioka, marked Sanemi and Base Gyomei would be above baseline by an unspecified amount.

Zou Hakuten isn't even baseline. He's at least over 1.28x higher than baseline since he's a fusion of four demons that are far stronger than 0.08 tons. Baseline 8-C is just 0.25 tons.

I'm saying Zou Hakuten isn't baseline. Everybody that scales below him should be baseline (0.25 tons). Everybody else scales to or below Akaza who is much stronger than Zou Hakuten so they would probably scale directly to 0.32 tons.

Demon Form Nezuko has a scaling chain that makes her far stronger than Post-Demon Slayer Training Tanjiro who is 0.08 tons. Zou Hakuten scales to at least 4x the calc. Which makes him slightly higher than baseline 8-C. Characters that could put up a fight but are ultimately weaker than Zou Hakuten would be baseline 8-C.

For example Base Mitsuri can counter Zou Hakuten's attacks and is strong enough to make him serious and use a blood demon art. But, since she is ultimately weaker she would likely just be baseline 8-C.

I feel like See Through the World Tanjiro and Demon Mark Sanemi get a Possibly 8-B for One-shotting Akaza and parrying Kokushibo, this would make them potentially comparable to Doma

See-Through-World is just a speed boost. You're probably referring to Demon Slayer Mark Tanjiro. And to be honest I'm not sure. Tanjiro I feel like he should be 8-B+ but he doesn't have any proof of this other than one shotting an 8-C. Sanemi was only able to parry attacks from a casual Kokushibo who didn't use his full power and See-Through-World until they shredded his kimono.

Although Demon Slayer Mark Sanemi did slightly chip Kokushibo's neck. So would that give him a possibly or likely 8-B? If yes this would scale to Demon Slayer Mark Giyuu, Akaza, Tanjiro, Kanao and Inosuke.

As shown here Base Giyuu = Base Sanemi. This would mean Demon Slayer Mark Giyuu = Demon Slayer Mark Sanemi. Akaza is roughly equal to Marked Giyuu. Base Tanjiro can parry attacks and fight Akaza for extended periods of time and even cut his neck although he was on the losing end. Kanao is comparable to Base Tanjiro and Inosuke is comparable to Kanao plus both of them can parry attacks from casual Doma. Kanao also managed to dodge his attack after somewhat angering him.

Anyway how's this?

Yoriichi: 8-A (Easily defeated Muzan and cut his neck. Nearly cut off Kokushibo's neck with a single attack while dying from old age)

Gyomei: At least 8-C, at most 8-B+ (Is the strongest demon slayer of the current era which would make him stronger than the likes of Post-Pillar Training Tanjiro), at least 8-B+ with Demon Slayer Mark (Managed to cut Kokushibo's neck and destroyed one of Muzan's arm whip)

Sanemi: At least 8-C (Superior to Marked Muichiro. Barely kept up with and parried attacks from a casual Kokushibo), at most 8-B+ with Demon Slayer Mark (Slightly nicked Kokushibo's neck. Parried casual attacks from Muzan alongside Gyomei, Giyuu, and Obanai)

Giyuu: At least 8-C (Comparable to Base Sanemi in a sparring. Parried an attack and somewhat kept up with Akaza), at most 8-B+ with Demon Slayer Mark (Should be comparable to Marked Sanemi. Parried casual attacks from Muzan alongside Gyomei, Sanemi, and Obanai)

Kyojuro: At least 8-C (Parried some attacks from Akaza albeit with heavy injuries), possibly higher (Nearly cut off Akaza's neck with a surprise attack)

Shinobu: At least 8-C (Stated to have the strongest pushing and thrusting attack among the demon slayers which would make her thrusting attacks stronger than Base Giyuu), at most 8-B+ (Stabbed Doma's neck)

Mitsuri: Likely 8-C (Kept up with and parried many casual attacks from Zou Hakuten which made him serious enough to use a technique to put her down), higher with Demon Slayer Mark (Stronger than before. Held off Zou Hakuten for an extended period of time off screen until her stamina ran out)

Obanai: Likely at least 8-C (Lasted longer than Mitsuri did against Muzan), at most 8-B+ (Parried casual attacks from Muzan alongside Gyomei, Sanemi, and Giyuu)

Post-Pillar Training Tanjiro: At least 8-C, at most 8-B+ (Kept up with and parried attacks from Akaza for an extended period of time), likely 8-B+ with Demon Slayer Mark (Completely outclassed Akaza and sliced off his head)

Kanao: At least 8-C, at most 8-B+ (Comparable to Post-Pillar Training Tanjiro. Stated to be stronger than Shinobu. Kept up with and parried attacks from a casual Doma)

Post-Pillar Training Inosuke: At least 8-C, at most 8-B+ (Comparable to Kanao. Kept up with and parried attacks from a casual Doma)

Muzan: Likely 8-A (Far stronger than any of the Upper Moons. Easily held back Gyomei, Sanemi, Giyuu, Obanai, and Mitsuri at the same time)

Kokushibo: At least 8-B+ (Stronger than Doma)

Doma: 8-B+ (Created a giant ice bodhisattva while being weakened by poison)

Akaza: At least 8-C (Far stronger than Zou Hakuten), at most 8-B+ (On par with Marked Giyuu)

Zou Hakuten: 8-C (Has the combined powers of Sekido, Karaku, Urogi, and Aizetsu)

Like I mentioned before on the discussion thread Zenitsu is like really behind. After rereading the manga again I realized that not being able to push the boulder means Zenitsu never learned the new technique Repetitive Actions. Chapter 135 mentioned that this was the technique that allowed Genya to enter Full Concentration without breaths and it is similar to the demon slayer mark. So Tanjiro, Kanao and Inosuke can all use Repetitive Actions on top of their breaths. Basically stacking something similar to demon slayer marks on top of breaths without actually having a demon slayer mark. In Tanjiro's case he seems to be able to retain some of his marks' power in base now. Meanwhile Zenitsu only has his breathing technique and nothing else.

@Peter

I agree with your comment about the scaling, but when applying it, can you put some scans for the justifications?

Also what do we do about the demons durability? Cause other than a select few demons like Kokushibo and Rui's neck. Most demons seem to have really terrible or inconsistent durability.

Also what degree of 8-B is a character that nicked an 8-B+? I know chip damage is a thing but how does that work here?

I don't know if we can measure the ap of nicking someone, they would most likely just downscale massively from 8-B+.

If we use the wiki's gap of one-shot (7.5x), then they would be High 8-C+, but I don't know if that works.

Yeah I think we should ask a staff thats an expert at AP about this. If slightly nicking somebody doesn't count than they can't be possibly 8-B.

As long as they draw blood from the enemy it should be fine, that's how the Yonko commander's from One Piece scale to the Admirals.

Thing is Yonko commanders actually did some pretty decent damage while Sanemi is well this. The damage is so tiny I'm not even sure if downscaling works.

Oh...yeah...I think it's best to scale him to 7.5 times below 8-B+ since that, so High 8-C+. The reason I'm suggesting this is because Fate did something similar:

"Downscaling from 124 Gigatons. Let's divide it by 5. It is a fair enough assumption, that is the point where a normal human is getting hit by objects that can hurt them critically.

24.86 Gigatons. This is Gawain's Durability. 6-C. Let's be real here, Servant Ranks when it comes to strength is pure bull so except for really weak E-ranks, everyone scales.

This scales to Mantra Boosts and Dead Apostles as well, of course. This also scales to C-rank NP and above.

All A-Rank NPs and B+-Rank Anti-Army Noble Phantasms should be At least 6-C for Durindana piercing through both Asterios and Herc at once."

Well just in case we should probably ask some staff about chip damage. Do you know any staff that knows about this stuff?

I'll change it from possibly to likely. Though I will still just put them at 8-B rather than 8-B+ considering how little damage Sanemi did and because the 8-B+ calc they scale to isn't even that far above baseline 8-B+.

I also asked Calaca about that, and this is what he says:

"Giving 8-B to a character who downscales from 8-B+ is basically assuming the number is certain, which isn't accurate in most cases."

So he disagrees with giving them 8-B.

I kinda disagree with giving them 8-B+. The Doma calc is just 70.1 Tons while baseline 8-B+ is 55.5 Tons. The difference is merely 1.2631x so I am pretty sure even a baseline 8-B+ would've done much more damage to a 70.1 Tons character than a mere nick. Personally I believe it's better to just say they are unquantifiably into 8-B via downscaling from slightly nicking an 8-B+ (70.1 Tons) that's just a tiny bit above baseline 8-B+ (55.5 Tons). Saying they are 8-B+ for barely nicking an 8-B+ character is an unnecessary high ball.

I sort of agree with you, but it might be best if you ask Calaca himself what are you're thoughts on the subject.

Peter1129 said:
Anyway how's this?
Yoriichi: 8-A (Easily defeated Muzan and cut his neck. Nearly cut off Kokushibo's neck with a single attack while dying from old age)

Gyomei: At least 8-C, at most 8-B+ (Is the strongest demon slayer of the current era which would make him stronger than the likes of Post-Pillar Training Tanjiro), at least 8-B+ with Demon Slayer Mark (Managed to cut Kokushibo's neck and destroyed one of Muzan's arm whip)

Sanemi: At least 8-C (Superior to Marked Muichiro. Barely kept up with and parried attacks from a casual Kokushibo), at most 8-B+ with Demon Slayer Mark (Slightly nicked Kokushibo's neck. Parried casual attacks from Muzan alongside Gyomei, Giyuu, and Obanai)

Giyuu: At least 8-C (Comparable to Base Sanemi in a sparring. Parried an attack and somewhat kept up with Akaza), at most 8-B+ with Demon Slayer Mark (Should be comparable to Marked Sanemi. Parried casual attacks from Muzan alongside Gyomei, Sanemi, and Obanai)

Kyojuro: At least 8-C (Parried some attacks from Akaza albeit with heavy injuries), possibly higher (Nearly cut off Akaza's neck with a surprise attack)

Shinobu: At least 8-C (Stated to have the strongest pushing and thrusting attack among the demon slayers which would make her thrusting attacks stronger than Base Giyuu), at most 8-B+ (Stabbed Doma's neck)

Mitsuri: Likely 8-C (Kept up with and parried many casual attacks from Zou Hakuten which made him serious enough to use a technique to put her down), higher with Demon Slayer Mark (Stronger than before. Held off Zou Hakuten for an extended period of time off screen until her stamina ran out)

Obanai: At least 8-C (Lasted longer than Mitsuri did against Muzan), at most 8-B+ (Parried casual attacks from Muzan alongside Gyomei, Sanemi, and Giyuu)

Post-Pillar Training Tanjiro: At least 8-C, at most 8-B+ (Kept up with and parried attacks from Akaza for an extended period of time), likely 8-B+ with Demon Slayer Mark (Completely outclassed Akaza and sliced off his head)

Kanao: At least 8-C, at most 8-B+ (Comparable to Post-Pillar Training Tanjiro. Stated to be stronger than Shinobu. Kept up with and parried attacks from a casual Doma)

Post-Pillar Training Inosuke: At least 8-C, at most 8-B+ (Comparable to Kanao. Kept up with and parried attacks from a casual Doma)

Muzan: Likely 8-A (Far stronger than any of the Upper Moons. Easily held back Gyomei, Sanemi, Giyuu, Obanai, and Mitsuri at the same time)

Kokushibo: At least 8-B+ (Stronger than Doma)

Doma: 8-B+ (Created a giant ice bodhisattva while being weakened by poison)

Akaza: At least 8-C (Far stronger than Zou Hakuten), at most 8-B+ (On par with Marked Giyuu)

Zou Hakuten: 8-C (Has the combined powers of Sekido, Karaku, Urogi, and Aizetsu)
Alright after the whole talk about the 8-B scaling this is what it has ended up as. Does anybody have problems with this?

I agree with that, however I feel that the "possibly higher" after At least 8-C is unnecessary for Sanemi, Giyuu, Kyojuro, and Shinobu

Just At least 8-C in base for them is fine

Back