• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the equivalent of saying "Itachi said that no one without a Mangekyou Sharingan can defeat him. Therefore he can beat all of DC, Marvel, DBZ, and Tenchi Muyo."

Sound familiar?

It's the exact example used on our Fallacy Page, specifically, for the No-Limits Fallacy. There are no beings like Saiyans in SCP Foundation, so there's no concrete evidence to say it wouldn't work.

WeeklyBattles said:
False Equivalency
How? The SCP Foundation has only tested the cake with animals and gotten their results. Goku is pretty much a human, with minor differences here and there. In this case, Goku is the equivalent of extreme mental resilience, and the Cake is the Genjustu.

Your idea of "pretty much human" seems pretty skewed to me. Saiyans have tails and they turn into giant apes under the moonlight. They aren't even terrestrial. If something like a gorilla couldn't eat SCP-871 i don't see why a saiyan should be able to.

Webcamparrot said:
Your idea of "pretty much human" seems pretty skewed to me. Saiyans have tails and they turn into giant apes under the moonlight. They aren't even terrestrial. If something like a gorilla couldn't eat SCP-871 i don't see why a saiyan should be able to.
^

Webcamparrot said:
Because Saiyans walk like men, talk like men and eat like men. Humans are very closely related to monkeys, and some are even born with tails, and yet we are still able to eat the cake, so really completely disregarding the possibility of Goku eating the cake just because he's slightly closer to a monkey seems strange to me.

Also Goku could just BFR the cake due to the begging of his friends to get rid of it.

Inconclusive seems like the best idea considering how many unknown factors are here.

Goku keeps eating cake for hours, while the cake doesn't stop duplicating, until Goku can't eat it anymore, and the cake keeps duplicating. Sooner or later, it covers the entire planet with cake, then Goku either suffocates in the bottom of a sea of chocolate or flies away from the planet to die in space.

Kid Goku could easily throw something as small as a cake into space.

You do realise that the way something walks talks and eats is irrelevant right? Technically some birds would even fit into that category. You don't just get to hand waive the obvious and massive differences between Saiyans and humans. They aren't even from the same planet.

How does Goku BFR the cake exactly?

Birds don't have quite that combination.

For all intensive purposes, Saiyans work the same way humans do.

>Having tails

>Having a completely different nervous system

>Actually turning into 50ft tall apes under a full moon

Yeah that's not a human. You saying that they "work the same way humans do" is completely arbitrary. Use some quantifiable reasoning please.

DMUA said:
That ain't gonna do shit.The cake will keep duplicating so fast that until Goku can't throw it into space anymore.

DMUA said:
Webcamparrot said:
Because Saiyans walk like men, talk like men and eat like men. Humans are very closely related to monkeys, and some are even born with tails, and yet we are still able to eat the cake, so really completely disregarding the possibility of Goku eating the cake just because he's slightly closer to a monkey seems strange to me.
Also Goku could just BFR the cake due to the begging of his friends to get rid of it.

Inconclusive seems like the best idea considering how many unknown factors are here.
Thats poor reasoning for Goku being a human.

Webcamparrot said:

Yeah that's not a human. You saying that they "work the same way humans do" is completely arbitrary. Use some quantifiable reasoning please.
Since when?

How about that they eat sleep and breath in the same manner? They are so close in their traits that Goku is able to have a kid with Chi Chi. Though there are distinct differences between them, for the purposes of eating a stinking cake, they are pretty much the same.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Goku keeps eating cake for hours, while the cake doesn't stop duplicating, until Goku can't eat it anymore, and the cake keeps duplicating. Sooner or later, it covers the entire planet with cake, then Goku either suffocates in the bottom of a sea of chocolate or flies away from the planet to die in space.
Point counted.

Jamesthetaker said:
DMUA said:
That ain't gonna do shit.The cake will keep duplicating so fast that until Goku can't throw it into space anymore.
It takes 24 hours. That's plenty of time to throw a lot of them into space.

DMUA said:
Webcamparrot said:

Since when?
How about that they eat sleep and breath in the same manner? They are so close in their traits that Goku is able to have a kid with Chi Chi. Though there are distinct differences between them, for the purposes of eating a stinking cake, they are pretty much the same.
Bottom line is, Saiyans aren't humans, and just because they are similar doesn't mean we make an acception.

They have tails. When you grab the tails it makes them go catatonic because of how sensitive they are. Hence different nervous system.

Different species can actually have children together. It's called hybridisation. Like B.vagans and B.Boehmi can cross breed. I actually have a hybrid of those two. Neanderthals and ancient Humans could interbreed as well but they are still a distinct species.

Also no Goku can't keep throwing the cakes into space because eventually they are going to reach a mass greater than earth which will kill Goku.

Except the SCP Foundation has never experimented with such a species that is extremely close to humans with little differences as seen.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Again, has teenage Goku ever used this "pick up the opponent and throw it into space" strategy in character?
He will after Bulma starts begging him to get rid of it at the risk the entire planet gets destroyed.

DMUA said:
Except the SCP Foundation has never experimented with such a species that is extremely close to humans with little differences as seen.
They said the effects on this SCP with humans and non humans. Thats enough. We can't make drastic assumptions.

Webcamparrot said:
They have tails. When you grab the tails it makes them go catatonic because of how sensitive they are. Hence different nervous system.
Different species can actually have children together. It's called hybridisation. Like B.vagans and B.Boehmi can cross breed. I actually have a hybrid of those two. Neanderthals and ancient Humans could interbreed as well but they are still a distinct species.
Oh.

And Neanderthals arguably have more differences in physical structure. They are covered in hair and their bone structure is extremely different.

Can we just do that? Just say "this character can do this thing that he never did at any point in the series, so he wins"? That question is not sarcastic, btw, I actually don't know if we can just do that.

If you have an issue with different bone structures why is Saiyans having a tail just fine and dandy. Also I feel like you just don't understand how different turning into a 50ft tall ape is. That's beyond the scope of anything on earth not just humans. Saiyans are aliens.

Neanderthals evolved alongside humans Saiyans didn't.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Can we just do that? Just say "this character can do this thing that he never did at any point in the series, so he wins"? That question is not sarcastic, btw, I actually don't know if we can just do that.
Depends I suppose.

Well. In fiction itself, characters would do things they never did before, so assuming they only act in ways they already have seems Fallacious in a VS debate.

I'm just going to say this: We will not call Goku a human is this fight. He is a saiyan and they have their differences. Just because they look the same does not mean they are the same. An alligator and a crocodile look the same and act similarly, but they are different. Heck, that example may not even be fair since Saiyans have far more differences than Humans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back