• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Actually, if we look again it's just a feat of stamina. But, in DBS Manga's profile makes the rating possibly rather than full. But, I dunno...
It's not the fact it was stamina feat or whatever. It's just only on that profile because the Super Manga doesn't effect the original canon. Well that was the reason at the time I believe

Wait shouldn't Shenron, or at least this one, have fate hax for this wish and the Granolah and Gas wish due to him determining their deaths?

I can see Shenron having it albeit limited being that he could of caused the saiyans' deaths if they were weaker than him

Honestly I agree with it being Fate hax for the same reason Ness has it, Vegeta straight up confirmed that Goku never died until being an adult because of this.

The examples here however seem to be useless and bloating the thing, as Toriyama absolutely never had in mind that Goku at the time was protected from some kind of force, and are simply just plot armor.

Yes.

There is nothing directly connecting most of these examples to the wish. The wish which is quite vague to be honest and should not be counted as an ability here.
The examples are a waste. OP should remove them. Thoughts on this? Vegeta cleary states Goku survived due to the wish..

4SfpqHV.png

that was before vegeta's statement was brought up, before it was just bardock making a wish and those scans of goku surviving in db

I don't think this applies as any ability. Certainly not immortality or fate manipulation for Goku.

Blessed is a maybe, but I don't see Goku getting anything else from it.

why wouldn't goku get an ability from specifically being unable to die due to a wish forcing a destiny to him?

A wish manipulating events to make it so that Goku and Raditz are out of planet when Frieza destroys it so they don't die, sure does sound like one of the more cut dry showings of Fate Manip, but hey, that's just me

You know that... you have to tell a reason why it's not, right?
Vegeta's statement only suggests (not confirms, because Vegeta is going off of his own interpretation of the events) that the wish spared Goku and Raditz from Vegeta's destruction by Frieza.

It does not imply that Goku has an immortality power protecting him since then - and it's not even Goku's ability in the first place as it'd be the Dragon Balls that spared him from it. This would be like adding Resurrection to everyone's profile if they've been revived by the Dragon Balls. It is a one-time occurence in the past that is not part of Goku's character in the story itself.

Vegeta's statement only suggests (not confirms, because Vegeta is going off of his own interpretation of the events) that the wish spared Goku and Raditz from Vegeta's destruction by Frieza.

It does not imply that Goku has an immortality power protecting him since then - and it's not even Goku's ability in the first place as it'd be the Dragon Balls that spared him from it. This would be like adding Resurrection to everyone's profile if they've been revived by the Dragon Balls. It is a one-time occurence in the past that is not part of Goku's character in the story itself.
bardock's wish is specifically for them to "grow well" and vegeta says the wish is for them to "strive", nowhere is it implied that the wish was to just spare them from planet vegeta's destruction

also, how is it vegeta's interpretation if we are shown bardock doing the exact wish vegeta is talking about? i haven't read to manga to know how vegeta learned of this but it sounds very obvious that he is at least not wrong at all.

also, we give characters abilities based on the actions of other characters all the time, like immortality type 4 and 8 if someone revives you on death, so if the dragon balls protect goku until he grows up, then he would still have passive fate manipulation

I think Toyo's intent with Vegeta's statement was to actually confirm that the wish saved Goku and Raditz from their deaths, otherwise I see no reason why lad wrote it.
Also, you don't need to be the Source of the Fate Manip for it to be listed on your profile btw
Just look at Mario, who has Fate Manip due to a wish made by the 6 Stars in Paper Mario

In the scan, Vegeta just say that they survived when they are young because of the wish, he is not specifically talking about the destruction of Vegeta, It could be in general.
It does not imply that Goku has an immortality power protecting him since then
Example 2 trought. Several times he almost die, and as able to survive.
- and it's not even Goku's ability in the first place as it'd be the Dragon Balls that spared him from it.
I kinda confusing with this, because while yes is not a thing that Goku can control, is still a power that is helping him survive things.
This would be like adding Resurrection to everyone's profile if they've been revived by the Dragon Balls.
Not really, since is not like Shenron is grating them Infinite ressurection, meanwhile Torobo os change destiny to make that Goku and Raditz ended up growing up and survive until then, is kinda different.
It is a one-time occurence in the past that is not part of Goku's character in the story itself.
Example 2.

Yeah I am reading Ness' profile and he's given Possible Passive Fate Hax which is simply for his destiny being the prophesied chosen one. Simply put as long as Raditz and Goku are children their fate is already predetermined. Ironic since they are responsible for each other's demise. Not Toriyama trying to be poetic lol

This would explain why Goku wasn't killed by King Piccolo when his heart stopped

or when Omega Shenron dropped a Negative Energy Karma Ball on GT Goku and he "died" but not really

vegetas statement was literally the narrative, or toyo telling us that is indeed the case, are you gonna disagree with what the story flat out told us?

the fact that he died twice, (maybe 3 if hit count) and a few more in alternative universe (bro died from diseases that trunks have to go back and save him) just stop me from agreeing with anything

This literally only applies to kid goku since the wish would essentially cancel out when Goku and Raditz (both recipients of the wish) are out to kill each other.
why would the wish of "alive and well" cancels eachother?
but then again, thats the only weird part, so idk
*btw, would this give shenron "immortals" wishes to be apply on fates level?

why would the wish of "alive and well" cancels eachother?
but then again, thats the only weird part, so idk
*btw, would this give shenron "immortals" wishes to be apply on fates level?
Because at that moment one of them or both of them had to die as they were fighting to the death. Only for wishes that are fate related which only example is Bardock.

Back