• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kharn the Betrayer vs World War Hulk

Yeah, celestine took forever to Regen, and I'm pretty sure she's not permadead. If it worked on a higher dimensional true form fdaemon, then it should work on hulk, though I don't remember that.

Uhh I'm gonna vote inconclusive because I don't know what's more likely Hulk getting hacked to death first or the space marine making like team rocket and blasting off again

Scales to sentry, who I think is 1 megafoe. A punch should send Kharn into orbit, Kharn's durability nonwithstanding, unless he tries to slam kharn into the ground or something.

It seems to me that that wouldn't be Hulk's starting move. If he got hit with Gorechild and lived, I could see him tossing Kharn, so I want to know if Hulk's soul resist is good enough. Kharn should be able to hit an otherwise lethal blow to proc that.

I see Sentry has soul manipulation has Hulk resisted it? And would that resistances be enough to tank Gorechild before being tossed into orbit?

@Aizen

I remember his fight with Hulk being more of a straight up brawl, but it's been quite some time since I read that storyline.

Regardless, his AP advantage here is kinda insane.

I'm pretty sure that the Hulk vs Sentry fight was more of the two physically laying in to each other, though I wouldn't be surprised if that's part of where his matter manip resist comes from. According to the profile, the resistance is due to having multiple personalities, which seems like a weird reason for a resistance.

Wokistan said:
I'm pretty sure that the Hulk vs Sentry fight was more of the two physically laying in to each other, though I wouldn't be surprised if that's part of where his matter manip resist comes from. According to the profile, the resistance is due to having multiple personalities, which seems like a weird reason for a resistance.
It may seem like "a weird reason", but it's worked, time and time again. In a one-shot, Hulk's multiple personalities even defeated a psychic demonic entity that mindhaxed a majority of the other heroes. Hulk's split personalities have led him to avoid mindhax in more canon stuff, too. Grey Hulk/Mr. Fixit got attacked by this guy with dream manipulation; could induce vivid, realistic waking dreams of anything the target ever wanted. Banner showed up inside the dream and reminded Fixit that it wasn't reality, breaking him free of the dreamstate and allowing Fixit to smash the guy.

Most of the Daemons Kharn's fought should be able to as well, considering that they're 4-B and Kharn's at most like a thousand pounds. An issue with Kharn is that we know he fought in a place where the laws of physics are more like the suggestions of physics, and killed stuff that's solar system sized, but we don't know how he moved around or anything. Random space marines can get jump packs and stuff, yet Kharn gets screwed in vs matches by being thrown. In the context of this match, it's fine, but idk if Hulk will get around to doing that before being Gorechilded. You can still vote for Hulk if you want.

Hulk has good resistance to soul manip, too. He's resisted having his soul torn out by Chernobog, a demon who literally eats souls--said demon was actually "overloaded" by the attempt. I can't find the scan, but Endless Mike of Narutoforums posted scans that no longer exist here: https://www.narutoforums.org/threads/hulks-supposed-soul-****-resistance.821842/page-2

Hulk bitchslaps Kharn, realizes he's too durable to hurt, then bitchslaps Kharn in the face to space.

FRA

PRetty sure nobody even has 7 votes, much less the required differential.

I counted 7-4 to Hulk.

You can recount to make sure I didn't hallucinate.

Also in case I didn't vote yet Hulk FRA

(I included myself in the 7)

I'm only getting 6 for Hulk, and 5 for Kharn. Give me a second to type out names, so we can see if I did it wrong.

Hulk: 8(Christian Higdon, A Stoned Orc, Aizenishere, BruceTheBatman, Vsguy75, BMWFanboy, Gargoyle One, Js250476

Kharn: 5(Wokistan, DMUA, Jimboydejuan12, The Wright Way, Mariogoods)

So it turns out I did miscount the votes for Hulk, and since 8-5=3 this can be added. Hulk is locked, but I'll add it to Kharn's profile.

"Regardless, his AP advantage here is kinda insane."

This fight is superfluous, and a borderline stomp. Kharn has lost to people significantly weaker than WW Hulk due to strength disadvantage (despite his notable durability) and BFR. He just has even less of a chance here, and this version of Hulk isn't exactly a mindless berserker, either. Kharn surviving hits from gigaFoe characters while being heavily wounded does not mean things less than that will completely fail to hurt or effect him, especially if they're capable of overpowering him many times over.

I legit didn't even know this was still open.

I don't think this is a stomp, personally. Gorechild can still hurt him, and Kharn can survive Hulk's attacks better than Hulk can survive the axe, losing out here to BFR. Other characters that he lost to can in character go straight to BFR, hulk here doesn't immediately go there. Call it one sided if you like, but it doesn't seem stompy to me, and is thematically pretty nice. That reminds me, do we tret 4-B attacks as having 4-B levels of knockback? If so, that may mean that Kharn would have some more losses than he does.

Wokistan said:
That reminds me, do we tret 4-B attacks as having 4-B levels of knockback?
That's never been a thing in anything unless explicitly shown.

Guilliman and the Lion can't punch someone out of the solar system just because they hurt a solar system level guy with their punches.

Loki doesn't get thrown into space, get better analogy

Seriously though, how do we treat the force of attacks like this and knockback? This would have pretty big implications for a lot of the site, as most characters aren't heavy enough that even a tier 7/6 can't launch them pretty easily.

Edit: ninja'ed and question was answered.

Kepekley23 said:
I mean, escaping the Sun's influence is like tier 8 energy wise.
Exactly.

It's stupidly easy in the grand scheme of power in fiction.

Yet almost nothing ever does it. Because they can't, because fiction almost never treats it as just needing to hit someone with that relatively little an amount of energy.

But when it happens we classify it as what its energy yield is, don't we? That is a massive double standard.

Anyway, someone with 4-B durability wouldn't be punched to the Andromeda Galaxy's edge by another 4-B due to their dura anyway. I was just saying.

@Kep

We do classify it as energy yield when it happens (I think, specifically because I can't even think of examples of it, right now) if done as an attack or something, but fiction does not treat all hits as equal. Though that's probably because it's usually either characters who are relatively comparable smacking each other around, or a character hit is so much weaker that they're instantly killed.

Back