• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kharn the Betrayer vs World War Hulk

The idea of them battling in a coliseum arena just sounded too epic in my head. Solar system stats for Kharn and speed equalized.

World-war-hulk
Kharn battlefield1

This is too close. I'm calling inconclusive until more feedback is put.

Yes, that would be cool.

EDIT: Nevermind, Hulk takes it via higher AP and rising powers.

Kharn's a lot more durable than Hulk's AP, having taken gigafoe hits and barely surviving. WB hulk is only megafoe. While Kharn was clearly in no state to fight after being beat down by Angron, and being forced to block a sword blow from Abaddon head on took everything he had in him, those instances along with fighting Celestine are indicative of Kharn's durability still being enough to tank Hulk long enough to kill, considering that 10^9, even if he barely held on, is still a thousand times 10^6. Kharn has that dura negging axe, so he can definitely hurt Hulk despite his own AP clearly not being on the level of his durability normally. Interestingly, Khorne doesn't really need to negate anything here. That being said, Hulk's thunderclaps should still throw Kharn back a ways and deal some damage, given that Kharn shouldn't weigh significantly more than a space marine and he has no flight or anything, but I doubt that WB hulk is going to spam that enough to knock Kharn into space or kill him before getting hit with Gorechild, something that will happen given Kharn's experience and skill. All in all, I'm going with Betrayer the Betrayer, as his name translates to.

There's several examples indicating that Kharn has far higher dura than his normal AP. This is notable for him being literally the only one to survive, including when one dude brought other people with him to act as meat shields. Angron was too fast for him to even get a word in. Also, with how far above baseline Primarchs are, not being 1 shot like he was is still indicative of far higher dura. Off the top of my head, he also got eviscerated by a tank, and was just fine after that. So while Kharn's durability obviously isn't equal to the durability of primarchs, its still very high to the point that hulk having "Higher AP" as Christian said is made irrelevant due to Kharn's dura being superior to that higher AP. Gorechild negs dura, so that's out of the way. I fail to see what the issue here is.

Also, Abaddon's strength is inarguable, what with him being superior to Daemon primarchs and stomping a perfect Horus clone. I can dig up the passage if you like, but for most of the fight vs Kharn Kharn survived via dodging and abusing Gorechild's eldritch properties to block. However, near the end Kharn is put into a situation forcing him to block a Drach'nyen swing head on, and while he manages to push the blade away, it takes all of his strength to do so and the fight ends directly after, with it being noted that Abaddon could have killed him there by attacking a second time. Some say Abaddon was super casual the entire time, and thus its not impressive, but that is false. Early on, Abaddon is pretty dismissive, but then Kharn kneecaps him with Gorechild which enrages Abaddon. He's in a state where he legitimately wants to kill Kharn right there. He's not going to be immensely holding back.

Wok kinda already spelled it out. Put that up with Gorechild's Dura negation as well.

bumjp

I like how the arm Hulk has armored is the same one that Kharn's pauldron broke off

Is it far higher durability, or is it simply high stamina?

For example, SS2 Vegeta was able to avoid being one-shot by Kid Buu, who was vastly more powerful than he was. That doesn't count for his durability, however--it counts for his stamina.

That said, Hulk FRA. Regen, AP that increases as he gets angry, etc.

Also, doesn't this Hulk scale to Sentry's million exploding Suns? That's only in the megafoe range?

Its durability in Kharn's case. That's also not a stamina feat. Stamina is endurance. In Vegeta's case, either it was an outlier or Kid Buu wasn't being very serious, but that's not true for Kharn.

Regen is irrelevant against the soulsuck of Gorechild, and its mundane dura negation means Kharn just has to hit hulk once where it would otherwise be lethal. AP increasing doesn't matter unless you can show his AP increasing at least a thousandfold, and even then Gorechild should 1 shot.

On what sort of scale? Kharn can also just, you know, damage him beyond his capacity to regenerate.

I ask on what scale because stuff like Greater Daemons are already resistant to soul stuff, and Kharn still can 1 shot them with Gorechild's soulsuck.

Uhhh Gorechild does ignore dura but does it negate regen? If not I don't see why Hulk doesn't regen after being hit.

That's what the soulsuck is for, and its well within Khorne's power to do so. Khorne's power null isn't strictly limited to unfair, he's got the power to power null regardless, he just only power nulls what he considers unfair assuming it's not something he's directly fighting. Khorne I'm pretty sure has stripped stuff of it's Regen before for Kharn, so it's covered regardless.

Keep in mind, the soulsuck isn't like "kharn lightly taps you with gorechild rip your soul", he still needs a blow that would otherwise kill. It's just there as insurance against any types of weird daemons or other people who otherwise would survive being cut in half with a chainaxe.

Hulk is resistant to soul based attacks. I'm waiting for someone to show HOW good.

Regen here for hulk wouldn't be considered unfair if it wasn't unfair for his matchup against Thor

Khornes done it before, but let's assume that khorne won't neg regen here. Daemons are generally resistant to soulhax, gorechild kills them anyways. I'd need to know how good hulks soul resist is. Kharn could theoretically just damage hulk past his ability to regenerate, considering it's not high or godly.

I think the thing I'm thinking about with khorne negging someone's Regen was because they were a psyker anyways, and khorne doesn't like psykers not named abaddon.

I'm not questioning his ability to neg the regen anymore what I'm saying is I see no reason as to why he'd neg it in this situation.

I need to know hulks soul resistance as well.

Yea but Hulk could also theoretically just beat The guy into a bloody pulp. It's not something clear cut and unless someone adds something relevant I doubt we can say which scenario is most likely.

Yeah, that second comment was me clarifying that in this situation khorne probably wouldn't null Regen. Kharn's durability is way higher than his AP, and is about a thousand times stronger than hulk's AP when lowballed to one gigafoe, reasonable considering he's clearly not fully on the level of primarcs and Abby.

Kharn should out skill by a lot as well, so that's an advantage.

Yet you said he wouldn't be able to tank hulk indefinitely.

I'm voting inconclusive. If Hulks Soul resistance ends up being inferior then my vote will switch to Kharne but if his resistance ends up being enough my vote will go to Hulk since if Soul succ won't work I think Hulks regen will be enough to get him through it.

I said he wouldn't tank him indefinitely because Hulk would probably unintentionally knock kharn into space at some point. He's only like a thousand ish pounds. Kharn funnily enough has no flight or anything, despite random space Marines having jump packs, kharn just left his at home I guess.

We know that he fought daemons in the eye of terror, just not how. That's why he doesn't have flight or anything, despite flight not even getting close to what you'd normally need to navigate that area. For all we know kharn did get flung around a ton by daemons lol.

Matt should know, he knows both verses.

Not if he gets gorechilded first, but if he resists the soulsuck that happens. So do you happen to know who's soul manip hulk resisted?

It's like an anti Regen thing iirc. It needs an otherwise lethal blow, but axes of khorne negate durability through a different method.

I don't think Hulk's regen matters that much given that Kharn fought and killed Saint Celestine, who has Low-Godly regen vs. Hulk's Low-Mid.

It had something to do with Gorechild permanently killing some Greater Demons with a higher dimensional essence or something iirc. That's why it was deemed that it would kill UKG in another thread (who has Mid-Godly)

Back