• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kelsier vs. Kayneth Archibald

According to Ham a pewter boost is static and the same for everyone but different thugs are stronger or weaker depending on their base strength. Also multiple characters comment on flaring harder or weaker depending on the situation.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a savent is someone who flares a metal for so long and so hard that they gain an increased effectiveness, and dependency on said metal which fits Vin to a tee.

Savant is someone who's souls gets damaged because of overusing magic. They usually get some kind of boost depending on type of magic they use. Constant flaring pewter is the thing Vin and Kelsier did once for a short time to run endlessly withought getting tired. Pewter flaring is the most dangerous one and I'msure there is somwhere info that Pewter Savant is uncapable of feeling pain. If she was one her body would be more wrecked than Spooks. Plus she would probably die during the process. That is not something you can do without beeing verry focused on keeping used stammina in check.

Vin was stronger and undersood allomancy intuitvely besause of her connection to mists. Sanderson wants savantism with strong effects to have severe consequences. Soulcasting savants just auto die after fev years. That is why he hasn't yet decided wheather Wax's anti bullet field is resuld of him going savant or not. Vin doesn't have any consequences.

I give this fight to Kelsier because in my opinion his abilities just makes him way too hard to deal with. If he has all of his metals from his point in the trilogy then he has Atium, Pewter, Iron and Steel to drasticly help his maneuverability, speed and reaction time especially since he sees attacks before they happen. And if we give him access to all 16 metals then he also has access to duralumin making all of that much stronger, plus the bendalloy would be very useful. If he found an empty room to hide in he could drop a coin to push to the ceiling and hide, and if Archibald uses Volumen Hydrargyrum then I think there is a chance Kelsier could burn bendalloy so that it couldn't track his heart beat. Or if you want all his metals to be useful in this fight he could turn on bronze to avoid detection(not saying it would actually work but in the context of this cross over you could just say it does). But even without that he's still extremely stealthy, and manipulative. If he can remain hidden he could burn zinc to mess with Archibald's emotions and get him to make a mistake.Use zinc to inflame his anger or impatience, or Brass to calm him and make overconfident. And if it comes to a battle the Volumen Hydrargyrum is technically a metallic substance so he maybe able to redirect attacks at least slightly with Steel pushes. Perhaps if Archibald puts up defenses from coins thrown Kelsier could have a duralumin fueled steel push to open the shield and let Archibald get hit. I feel like Kelsier is just way too slippery for Archibald to handle. Even if he doesn't have Atium I still think he takes it.

What does Kayneth need to use his magic? Is there some sort of mana in universe? Because if Kelsier has 16 metals he has also Chromium that can also depleat sources of magic, even across magic systems, by touch.

It was specified in the OP the Kell only had access to the metals he had in life minus Atium. So no metals that were discovered after he died.

I orginally asumed so, but since OP says "all his metals" and JedWingard mentions 16 I thought that's what he got.

If it's specifically only the metals he had in life minus Atium I still say Kel takes it because he's just way too slippery and manipulative

Back