• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kazuma Satou vs Shuka Karino (A pervert attempts to steal more panties)

I wanted to find a fight between chain users, and I liked this.

The pervy adventurer vs The queen of thorns

Speed Equalized

All equipment available

Regular personalities are in effect

They start 50 meters from each other

Fight Takes place in the town of Axel (Konosuba's starting town), in front of the adventurer's guild

Win by death

Kazuma Satou: 7
(Hizack123, ALRF, TISSG7Redgrave, Gemmysaur, Akreious, Therefir, Eganegro)

Shuka Karino: 2 (Gojira1234, FDrybob)

Inconclusive: 1 (Xmark12)

Gojira1234 said:
I say Shuka. She seems to have more versatility, and is much faster.
I disagree, while i think see queen has more combat exp and her go for kill character as her side but it as i said before "nothing new"

Kasuma on the other hand has many abilties to keep queen as bay

Like Presence Concealment, this ability will become extreme useful in this fight

Water and fire manip may not that useful for the fact that i never seen kazuma use it to herm person in anime before, but i think Kazuma can use it to distract Queen for limited amount of time due to Queen is pretty combat smart.

Ohh! And both can also use chain manip too! Lol

Edit: and other then fire and water he can also use earth and wind.

I guess Kazuma ? He could use use his stealth then absorb her stamina, or just use his offensive abilities on her, unless she already dealt with people with similar abilities.

Elione-Arisu said:
I guess Kazuma ? He could use use his stealth then absorb her stamina, or just use his offensive abilities on her, unless she already dealt with people with similar abilities.
Yeah but same for Kazuma.

Keep in mind that due to Shuka's ability, she fights at mid-range, so Kazuma using Drain Touch would be difficult.

Kazuma has the advantage of having a bigger range and more abilities, while Shuka has the advantage of mobility, stamina and personality. The location helps both: Kazuma knows the place very well, while Shuka can easily move around since it's a town.

Regarding Kazuma's abilities, Shuka has already dealt with water users, ice users and snipers (both with arrows and with guns)

Kazuma FRA and also because his arrows have never missed due to his insane luck. One stealthy, well-placed shot and he wins.

FDrybob said:
his arrows have never missed due to his insane luck. One stealthy, well-placed shot and he wins.
As a mention, Shuka has already dealt with and overcome both increased accuracy attacks and homing attacks.

As a mention, Shuka has already dealt with and overcome both increased accuracy attacks and homing attacks.

But can she deal with such an attack that she does not anticipate?

Shuka has great reflexes and is always very cautious when fighting. Granted, if Kazuma fires an arrow while hidden, he could hit her. But would he go for the kill immediately? It's not in Kazuma's personality to kill others, while Shuka has no qualms about doing so. And if she gets hit a first time, she will get even more cautious than normal.

And for the other way around: could Kazuma handle 2 heavy chains and 6 bladed cords at once? Kazuma is definitely more versatile than most enemies Shuka has faced, but nobody has lived a fight against her when she goes all out.

Kazuma is a very competent fighter in his own right. He may not look it from the tone of the series, but he is capable of defeating people much more powerful than himself. It's no stroke of luck that he defeated Kyouya, a sword master, twice. He did this while many times weaker in level and as an adventurer job, which is the weakest job of all. In fact, adventurers are so weak that even Megumin can overpower him physically.

As for my argument, Kazuma would certainly be willing to kill her once he sees how there are few other options to stop someone so dangerous. Kazuma could just blast her with water and freeze her, creating an opening to go hide. He could then sneak attack her with snipe. Once, Kazuma was able to delay a large group of knights, high-level warriors, and mages long enough to escape, before then outmaneuvering his entire party (that scene in season one of the anime where they beat him up is for comedic purposes). It may sound like I'm wanking Kazuma here, but his real strength is his cunning and flexibility. He definitely has the right tools for the job, and I believe that without his party dampening his luck, he's smart enough to back it up.

Fair enough. I remember Kazuma being capable in combat, being cunning and versatile with all his skills, but none of his powers are particularly very strong, except Drain Touch which, while not impossible, will be hard to land on Shuka. She's an experienced fighter and Kazuma'd have to get next to her to use it. Even with Lurk, he can't conceal sound.

Here's an example among others of Shuka using her blades. Note her opponents are also experienced.

As for AP/Dura, it says on his profile Kazuma reaches Street only via his katana, which honestly won't bother Shuka as she has handled sword users before and can easily block the attacks with her chains or disarm the users.

Finally, both Kazuma and Shuka are smart and cunning. Just like Kazuma will realize he needs to kill Shuka to survive, Shuka will realize Kazuma can't follow her in the air or atop buildings and will use her maneuverability to her advantage.

To be honest I'm going inconclusive here. They both have decent advantages and disadvantages that balance out the fight.

Honestly Kazuma has more going for him like ice manipulation, stealing stamina and stealth something that Shuka will have issues with despite being pervy AFAIK kazuma is competent fighter plus very versitile so I guess Kazuma

But his ice manipulation isn't very strong eithout him using huge amounts of mana, and he needs to touch the opponent to use his drain touch, which he definitely cannot do here.

FDrybob said:
But his ice manipulation isn't very strong eithout him using huge amounts of mana, and he needs to touch the opponent to use his drain touch, which he definitely cannot do here.
Think again, they are in character but i doubt that Shuka will go all out from start.

Kazuma don't his teammate to hold him back too.

I never see Shuka fight with someone who can use Presence Concealment before.

While her threads area be able counter Presence Concealment but as i said i doubt she will go all out from start.

Kazuma takes it with cunning and a wide variety of skills. It's not out of character for him to throw water at his target and freeze it in place. After which, he can capitalize with drain touch.

That, or lurk + drain touch, lurk + steal her clothing + bonk her in the head + bind.

She can't even sneak up on him because foresight + detection, and on the off-chance that she manages to shoot her chains at him, he counters with gust.

Hell, her trying to use her chains on him has a chance of backfiring via steal + bind.

All in all, Kazuma has the perfect skillset for a date rape. Kazuma for the win.

How will Kazuma sneak on Shuka if she's atop of building, without him making any sound. Lurk doesn't hide sound.

Can Gust blow away her metal chains? Kazuma's only way to reach Street level is via his katana not his wind, and Shuka's chains are Street and pretty thick.

When Kazuma steals, it's only 1 item at a time and he remains vulnerable when doing so. Shuka could easily sneak one of her thin bladed threads from behind him and pierce his neck (like shown in a link above). Reminder she has 2 metal chains and 2 sets of threads, and eve if Kazuma steals them, she can manipulate them from afar. If anything, Kazuma stealing one of her chains would go against him as Shuka can pierce him instantly with the stolen chain.

I think Kazuma's stealth and concealing is a little underestimated. He's shown to be able to completely disappear in the middle of someone's conversation without them noticing, to the point where even seasoned and experienced knight adventurers were unable to detect his presence.

Akreious said:
I think Kazuma's stealth and concealing is a little underestimated. He's shown to be able to completely disappear in the middle of someone's conversation without them noticing, to the point where even seasoned and experienced knight adventurers were unable to detect his presence.
I'm aware Kazuma is capable of such feats, and his stealth is by far his best weapon against Shuka. However, Shuka isn't dumb: if she sees Kazuma suddenly disappear in front her, she won't stay put simply looking around. She has vastly superior mobility advantage and usually moves around in the air from roof to roof, which Kazuma (and other adventurers in KonoSuba for that matter) can't do.

If Kazuma manages to reach Shuka while he's stealthy and use Drain Touch on her and/or kill her with his katana, he wins for sure. But the question in this situation, is whether he'll be able to even reach her on whatever high place she's standing, as Lurk doesn't hide sound and Shuka is a very prudent person, as she won't stay in one place against an invisible enemy.

Btw, if it feels to anyone as if I'm being too defending of Shuka even though I'm the host of the matchup, that's not the case. I love both series and both characters equally. However, since I'm fairly certain I'm the only person on this wikia who's read Darwin's Game, I need to be the one bringing arguments in Shuka's favor despite that I'm the matchup host.

No one is really stopping you from defending one character. OP has the right to make some points clear when it comes to character others may not know or make some mistake about, so no worries, no one is thinking you have some bias toward Shuka.

Back