• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kazuma Kiryu Fights an Otaku Assassin

OK so Kiryu himself has higher AP (466 megajoules) right off the bat but Extreme Heat Mode takes this even further, and if Travis is baseline he gets one-shotted if the amps don't get him to Kiryu's baseline AP at the very least.

Even then Kiryu is insanely skilled to boot and Power Mimicry means Kiryu copies everything Travis does plus he also has a massive lifting strength advantage AKA if Kiryu grabs Travis it's over.

So regardless, I'll vote Kazuma low-mid diff via massive skill, AP and lifting strength advantage.

So Travis is unquantifiably above baseline but with amps he can one-shot goons comparable to him so a 7.5x ap boost landing him around 150 megajoules so base Kiryu doesn't one-shot but still holds the ap advantage by around 3.1x. I'm not sure how much EH Mode boosts Kiryu's AP but even if it was in the borderline 8-C regions,Travis can stack amps on each other as well giving him another 7.5x boost. Travis also has some form of Reactive Power Level which is in a CRT right now but basically Travis went from fighting Holly Summers (9-A) to Dr. Letz Shake (Low 7-C) in a day without any obvious power-ups or amps

You have to specify a little more on Kiryu's skill, but I do agree the he is more skilled, Travis can defeat the world's best assassins easily in a world where MMA and Kendo masters are seen as fodder, so unless Kiryu has Grappler Baki level skill then he doesn't skill stomp, though Power Mimicry might be an issue but I need more explanation on it

As for lifting strength, Who ever made Travis's profile didn't really look at all his feats that well. I'm pretty sure athletic human can't do this [1] and be comparable to someone who can lift a sword of this size casually swing it around at transonic speeds with one hand. [2] [3] and Travis did this after their fight [4]

Travis also has some good IR that borders on precog [5] [6] with both being done without paying attention to what's happening with with the first one being done while half-asleep and to compliment Travis's skill, in his fight with Death Metal he defeats him without even being fully focused (monologuing in his head the whole time)

Kiryu's also gone toe-to-toe with MMA champions and various other martial artists and pro wrestlers from all over the world thanks to visiting the Coliseum, and can even hold his own against the other protagonists and come out on top, the only one who has legitimately stalemated him so far is Saejima, and both of them can casually ragdoll Majima, who himself had to keep the Purgatory busy and crowded for one year straight right before the start of Yakuza 2 and eventually emerged as its new champion, and then repeating that feat again for 3 years straight when Kiryu was at the Okinawa orphanage, not only that, he's even had to deal with Sotenbori's Coliseum filled with its own wacky murderers from all over the planet in a fighting chance. The Amon Clan is basically hailed in Yakuza as the best assassin clan in existence and one of the best, repeatedly serving as the game's superboss and by far the strongest opponents (Even stronger than the main bosses in fact), if not outright the best fighters in the planet, all because Kiryu and the other protags kick their ass repeatedly in succession. Kiryu himself received basic kendo fighting regimens and impressed Komaki, who's been teaching the art for decades, by easily mastering the art in minutes and then going on to master the entire Komaki School and become its successor (Though Kiryu sadly declined).

As for Power Mimicry, Kiryu basically looks at some wacky event happening and then basically instantly makes up a new move in his head for future use (Or... well, entire fighting styles. It's the basis for his 4 fighting styles in Yakuza 0 despite having no prior professional training for those styles, and it's later done by phone in games starting from Yakuza 3 onwards to Yakuza 5, but the phone part is just for writing blogs and for comedic effect, not for the actual copying). Same deal when using the IFR-7 game machine which he straps himself into and then fights against opponents he's fought in the past and basically absorbs their skills for himself, just like Jo Amon did in Yakuza 3.

And Kiryu still maintains those fighting styles as seen in Yakuza 7.

Another thing about Travis's skill is he can basically watch caset tapes on Kendo and what not and master them first watch and he also learned some of his other skills from Thunder Ryu (who ironically is also a Yakuza),after ryu was killed by Speed Buster,Travis easily beat her not even 10 minutes after.

For power mimicry does Kiryu have to look at it once or does he just know about your power and copy it and how fast is he on the draw with it?

I do agree Kiryu outskills, but I doubt he'll toss aside the weapons to use some of his more op h2h styles besides Kendo obviously. But even some of Travis's basic moves use speed amps Dark step as you saw the dude was completely frozen. Some other amps Travis can use at the beginning are This is the end! and Cranberry Chocolate Sundae which boost his ap by 7.5x and let him blitz with CCS bloodlusting him with the only debuff being they last only a minute, If Kiryu managed to prolonge the fight or stay out of reach Travis will go into Ecstasy Mode: After fighting for a while, Travis will get excited and have an adrenaline rush that enhances his strength and speed for a short period of time, Basically an amp that will inevitably happen if the fight lasts long enough and even while in Ecstacy mode Travis can go into Darkside Mode: an amp that slows Travis's perception of time, bloodlust him and can increase his speed exponentially as well as his damage output ( which is a reference to Raidens ripper mode)

For the power mimicry he just has a tiny glance at it and he instantaneously knows about your power and copies it in its entirety and makes up entirely new abilities out of it instantly as well. It's insanely fast. And Kiryu mostly prefers his fists over his weapons so he'll eventually toss them aside.

Baseline multiplied by 7.5x is only 157.5 megajoules (Since baseline is 21 megajoules). Still quite a bit from Kiryu's base AP of 466 megajoules.

Kiryu can also slow down his perception of time to gain an edge in fights, and can instantly recharge his Heat with a single taunt or by using Rush to massively fill his Heat bar.

- Travis instantly uses speed amps in fights even if Kiryu decided not to use weapons Travis could still get some hits in and going over the Yakuza-verse I didn't see anyone with precog or instinctive reaction so I wouldn't doubt it. I don't think Kiryu could copy his power while being insta-blitzed.

- Kiryu only holds the AP advantage by 3x so Travis can still hurt him, ignoring he can still amp while amped (if that makes sense) and has some sort of reactive power level.

- He'd have to use that right at the start of the fight or he's in trouble, I don't really know about Heat Mode or Rush Mode so you'll have to tell me more on that.

Heat Mode gets refilled with a single Taunt via Essence of the Brawling God and with Rush Kiryu can gain his heat back by successfully dodging attacks by quickstepping away from them.

Back