• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Fight where Naruto and Sauske fought Naruto (with a nearby water source)

In character

Win by Incapacitation or KO

9B versions

Basic intel/1 hour prep

No blood bending

Start 50 ft apart

Speed equalized

IMG 9840
IMG 9841

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Pretty sure Haku takes this via better ice and water manipulation, along with the ice mirrors.
Voting Haku for these reasons as well as the fact that he's a highly trained assassin.

Katara has octopus stance which protects her from all directions from piercing projectiles. Basically negates needles. However she lacks the power to smash the mirrors effectively and she can't control mirrors with his bloodline controlling them... Haku lacks many ways of attacking her, though katara has NO effective way of attacking him. Also the mirror transportation makes haku faster even with base speeds equalized. Haku will begin to score minor hits to disable her for the win. After all, if mei and ty Lee can fight katara and win together, then an essential fusion of the two with elemental abilities can shut her down via pressure point hits and accurate strikes.

Vote haku.

The real cal howard said:
Isn't his mirrors made of ice? Can't she just take control of them, and turn them into water?
In avatar if two people try to control the same thing there's a struggle over it. All of haku's ice in under his control and under his bloodline so she MIGHT be able to fight him for control, which would just make it a power struggle between the two. However since sasuke's fight with haku proved his ice defies normal properties(such as an inability to melt) it's also likely she can't control it anyway. So 50/50 she can even attempt it and if so it would just end in a power struggle which both are comparable, so they stalemate and nothing is accomplished.

Its arguable on whether or not Haku's mirror's are made of normal ice or special ones however if it comes down to better control of water, Haku should take it no problem. After all, his power over Water is his Kekkai Genkei, a birthright to him. A natural talent he can already do with 0 training (I think we see this in the flashbacks too, he killed his father with it when he was just a boy after getting angry). Katara's waterbending isn't like that at all really.

Also incase anyone forgot, Haku doesnt just have water manipulation. He also has wind manipulation since in the Narutoverse, there is no such thing as an ice Nature. Like Wood style requires water and earth chakra natures, you need both water and wind chakra natures to form ice. And it requires a lot of chakra control to be able to effectively combine them. Haku was able to do this with no trouble at all even as a kid.

So to make it short, i'd say Haku wins in the control category.

@Dance

I know what your talking about. She has to use waterbending in order to form that and it doesnt stop needles from all directions. She using the octopus arms has to actually catch them in order to stop them. If Haku uses something like 1000 Needles of Death to attack her from all directions its most likely going to hit her, or just have themselves pass through the water she'll use. Granted if anything, she may be able to do that normally but not when Haku is already inside the ice mirrors.

1000 needles is something Katara does with her ice rainstorm though. Also, Kukui, you should know what verse equalization is by now. Finally, if anything your explanation for control should put it into Katara's favor. Hali has a birthright. His training is from him, or his family, alone. Katara, seeing how waterbending is commonplace, has teachers and masters, scrolls, and the avatar himself to help her train.

True, forgot about that technique. Also, what part of my comment was the verse equalization applied to? I know here we treat Chakra and Chi as the same thing and Katara should be perfectly capable of bending Haku's attacks.

Who is Hali again? And yes while bending in avatar is commonground and can be done naturally, the need for training should set these 2 apart. As brought up above, Haku was able to use his powers at a very young age and even kill his father (and...well...destroy a house) without any training. What did Katara do again before she did any waterbending training?

Autocorrect is a b****, my friend. Hali was meant to be Haku.

To answer your question, she accidentally broke an iceberg to free Aang in the first episode.

He can aim for her vitals with his senbon and either kill her (but he's in character so I doubt it) or put her in a false death state like he did to Sasuke. And he can drop surprise senbon from above with an ice mirror. If he uses Substitution jutsu anyhow he wants, it just makes it worse for her.

Ahh lol its okay. Just confused for a second. Anyways, didnt she use Sokka's staff to break it? I remember her doing what you said but not to the full iceberg, just a part of it. After she did that, the entire iceberg came to the surface, they hopped to it, and she used his staff to break Aang free.

@Burning

Well he was willing to do that to Zabuza just so he could get him away from Kakashi. Im sure he's willing to do it here.

Back