• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Avatar the Last Airbender Changes: Tier Changes and Aang's updated profile

Don't worry it's not downgrades​

Basically I've been cooking up a new Aang profile because his current one could use some work

And in doing so the Avatar Upgrades happened so I had to make some changes

This lead me to develop a new scaling chain for the entire verse based on these upgrades

First things first we have some new accepted calculations​

Now these two calcs change alot because they both scale to pretty much every main character in some way shape or form

Aang's boulder lifting feat scales to basically every character in the verse in some way as Aang is constantly portrayed as physically inferior to older people such as Sokka, Zuko, and other main cast characters

The second feat is important because basically all of team Avatar blocked or stopped one of Combustion Man's attacks on occasions

Aang blocked it, Zuko blocked it and Toph straight up overpowered it.

All of the characters that scale to any of these three in season 3 in any way should downscale from the 2.174 Kiloton value with the exception of Toph who scales above it

Next we have the new tier updates​

All of this is Upscaling

Season 1: Relevant main cast benders become baseline 8-B+ (55 Tons) due to Katara treating waterbending soldiers as practice dummies each of which can perform feats on this level (48.67 Tons). It's a 1.13x multiplier so it's well within our guidelines

Season 2: Relevant main cast become baseline 8-A (100 Tons) due to Aang scaring random sandbenders shitless with his bending who can perform high end 8-B+ feats (87 Tons). Once again it's a multiplier well within our guidelines being only 1.14x

Season 3:
Like I've said above basically everyone becomes Low 7-C, Toph and Aang (Specifically End of Season 3 Aang) scale above it, everyone else Downscales

Some other Gripes: Base Ozai and Iroh should also be Low 7-C. They are portrayed as in a tier of their own and are shown consistently above the main cast (Minus EoS 3 Aang). Ozai is above Combustion Man via being the most powerful firebender in the world and Iroh was believed to be the only one who stood a chance against him

Finally that brings me to Aang's new profile

If you've noticed I made some changes in the way the tiers are structured

Aang's Avatar state is no longer separate from his main keys as we still index tier changing transformations on the same key even if they can't access it at will (An example is Naruto's 9-tails cloaks)

I also gave grown up Aang a dedicated Tier instead of being slapped on with the Avatar State

Aang's Keys also specify that he is 9-B without his bending and physically now

I structured the powers and abilities in the ordered list style and gave clarification to some of his abilities that didn't have any

It's not perfect and still needs some work imo but it's a great start to build upon

Summary of the Changes​

• All main characters get Class 1 LS
  • Season 1 Main cast get upgraded to 8-B+ (55 Tons)
  • Season 2 Main cast get upgraded to 8-A (100 Tons)
  • Season 3 Main cast get upgraded to Low 7-C (Above or below 2.174 Kilotons depending on the character)
  • Ozai and Iroh get bumped above the rest of the cast (Above 2.174 Kilotons to an unknown degree)
  • Aang's Avatar State and Adult Key are no longer merged
  • Aang's Avatar State is now listed on every one of his keys instead of in a key by itself
  • Adult Aang gets a dedicated Key
  • Aang's Powers and Abilities are changed to the unordered list style

That's it for right now

This is just for accepting the new scaling changes and not really for ironing out who scales above for right now

Agree: Dalesean027, ByAsura (Neutral on AS changes), Propellus, Marvel_Future_Fight_Gamer, Excel616, Maverick_Zero_X, BrackishBrineBroth (Disagree with AS changes), DarkDragonMedeus

Disagree:

Last edited:
Looks good for the most part.

I'm not a fan of the Avatar state changes, but I'm neutral on them.

It's worth noting that Aang met and fought Combustion Man in episode 3 of Book 2. Between the end of Book 2 and Book 3, he had no training and was heavily weakened. So Book 3 Aang at this point would be no more powerful than much of his time in Book 2 (~The Serpent's Pass to The Crossroads of Destiny).

Also, I think we should add the fact that the extras call Ozai the most powerful firebender in the world (though only marginally superior to Iroh) to Ozai's profile. That way, nobody can question that he's > Combustion Man, and that Aang scales above CM after mastering firebending.

Last edited:
While these look fine, I'm still not a fan of squeezing the avatar state into each one of his keys instead of a single one considering it isn't much different when it's shown.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this feat would need to be divided by time since it's 3 or so seconds of continuous breath?

If that's the case, we might just be able to get 435.6 Ton (8-A) Aang in Book 1, which adds consistency to my suggestions.
I suppose so yeah the original calc didn't account for that nor did I consider it

If you write a comment correcting this in the blog, we can link the comment to the profile.

Most of these look good, but I have a few things to comment on.
It's worth noting that Aang met and fought Combustion Man in episode 3 of Book 2. Between the end of Book 2 and Book 3, he had no training and was heavily weakened. So Book 3 Aang at this point would be no more powerful than much of his time in Book 2 (~The Serpent's Pass to The Crossroads of Destiny).
I have never known about this, did it happen in the comics that take place during said period? He fought Azula, not Combustion Man in that episode.
Also, I think we should add the fact that the extras call Ozai the most powerful firebender in the world (though only marginally superior to Iroh) to Ozai's profile. That way, nobody can question that he's > Combustion Man, and that Aang scales above CM after mastering firebending.
I would have mostly agreed with that a long time ago. Definately would make him upscale from Zuko, Combustion Man, and Azula. But I don't really agree with him being stronger Iroh. I know Iroh is past his prime and used to be stronger during his old days as Dragon of the West but even in a weakened state, he was still a heavy hitter among the White Lotus and smashed the Wall of Ba Sing Se; a feat he supposedly also performed without Sozen's Comet a long time ago. Plus we have never really truly seen Iroh's true power given he held back in every fight we see him in despite us seeing Ozai go all out. Zuko was also able to sort of hold his own against Ozai aka redirecting his lightning; though I know they may have both been weakened due to the sun only just returning. And I suppose this isn't really a raw power argument, but Iroh is clearly far more skilled. He can levitate without jets much like Jeong Jeong can and also redirect lightning when Ozai can't. Some Avatar writers have also since admitted that they might have exaggerated how strong Ozai was compared to everyone else and that perhaps some character could have bested him before the Sozen's Comet episode. (Thinking outside the box, full moon Katara could have schooled him with bloodbending. Also Toph like Iroh is someone who has basically always been much stronger than people realized. And Iroh is honestly on the humble side which is why he said he was unsure about beating Ozai. But it's more of a moral concern rather than a might concern.

But I honestly think Iroh and Ozai are basically equal in raw power with the former being far more skilled.

I have never known about this, did it happen in the comics that take place during said period? He fought Azula, not Combustion Man in that episode.
I confused one of the episodes. It was actually episode 5 of Book 3, but my point is that beginning of Book 3 Aang is basically = Book 2 Aang in terms of power.
I would have mostly agreed with that a long time ago. Definately would make him upscale from Zuko, Combustion Man, and Azula. But I don't really agree with him being stronger Iroh.
I don't really see why this wouldn't mean that Iroh could just be nearly equal, but that doesn't matter. The point is that he's still > every other fire bender, which includes Combustion Man.
I know Iroh is past his prime and used to be stronger during his old days as Dragon of the West but even in a weakened state, he was still a heavy hitter among the White Lotus and smashed the Wall of Ba Sing Se; a feat he supposedly also performed without Sozen's Comet a long time ago.
He did that over the course of 600 days, and with a lot of assistance. Besides, Ozai was going to level the entire Earth Kingdom, which would logically include Ba Sing Se.

And on that note, I should really look into recalculating the calculation for unnamed grunt firebenders during Sozin's comet.

Looks good for the most part.

I'm not a fan of the Avatar state changes, but I'm neutral on them.

Yeah I would definitely specify that

Most of these look good, but I have a few things to comment on.

I would have mostly agreed with that a long time ago. Definately would make him upscale from Zuko, Combustion Man, and Azula. But I don't really agree with him being stronger Iroh. I know Iroh is past his prime and used to be stronger during his old days as Dragon of the West but even in a weakened state, he was still a heavy hitter among the White Lotus and smashed the Wall of Ba Sing Se; a feat he supposedly also performed without Sozen's Comet a long time ago. Plus we have never really truly seen Iroh's true power given he held back in every fight we see him in despite us seeing Ozai go all out. Zuko was also able to sort of hold his own against Ozai aka redirecting his lightning; though I know they may have both been weakened due to the sun only just returning. And I suppose this isn't really a raw power argument, but Iroh is clearly far more skilled. He can levitate without jets much like Jeong Jeong can and also redirect lightning when Ozai can't. Some Avatar writers have also since admitted that they might have exaggerated how strong Ozai was compared to everyone else and that perhaps some character could have bested him before the Sozen's Comet episode. (Thinking outside the box, full moon Katara could have schooled him with bloodbending. Also Toph like Iroh is someone who has basically always been much stronger than people realized. And Iroh is honestly on the humble side which is why he said he was unsure about beating Ozai. But it's more of a moral concern rather than a might concern.

But I honestly think Iroh and Ozai are basically equal in raw power with the former being far more skilled.

They don't necissarily have to be more powerful than Ozai in order to beat him

Ozai kinda just throws his power around so It makes sense that Iroh would have a chance in that regard

But it's hard to get around all those statements that just blatantly say Ozai > Every other firebender

So for now I will treat Ozai as above Iroh though barely

In the lost scrolls collection, Katara claims that Avatar State Aang isn't Avatar level yet. Maybe that could justify having a state per key.
Ignore this for the moment. I'll deal with it in another thread. For now, we can leave the key arrangement as is.

Last edited:
Alright It's been 48 hours so I believe were good to apply the changes

However there's one more thing I'd like to add to it

Since were upgrading both Ozai and Iroh to Low 7-C I plan to just merge the 2 keys for both of them since they really shouldn't have even had two keys in the first place

Back