• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kamijou Touma vs Mob(Shigeo Kageyama)

Touma vs Mob, look like Touma misfortune bring him to fight another esper again.

Fight in Academy city.

Start at 50m distance.

Speed equalized

Mob already on ???% mode at start of fight with some inexplicable reason.

And... Who is the winner?

Touma11
Mob 2

At least 8-A vs 5-B?

I mean, I know Touma is just 9-C physically, but this looks pretty stompy if you ask me.

^5-B is only against supernatural stuff, though. Like Mobs barriers, but not mob himself. Touma can probably punch out mob in one or a few hits still.

Mob simply flys 5 meters above the ground and eventually wins, though.

Personally I see this as a tie or Touma with the slight edge over Mob, I only say this because I don't remember what Mob was like in ??? mode. if he's agressive then Touma wins and if he's calm then it'll be a tie at most since Touma's experience and precognition should help him handle Mob's attacks if he forcus on evasive.

also since Touma does have experience in a battle with tactics like that through Accelerator I figured he'd been fine as long as he focused on evasion.

Although I said I beleive Touma could win I'm leaning towards tie honestly, Mob would easily get out of the Touma's reach and Touma's experience, precongnition, and IB would handle most of Mob's attacks hence why I said a tie.

didn't Touma survived/ evaded a rock tidel wave during his second battle againts accel or something along those lines?

although I'll admit that I'm rather lacking in knowing Mob compared to Touma so I might just not know Mob's battle experience. espesically ???mode.

How did I miss this? Anyway still doubtful Touma's really that durable in the end. Sides, still spammable. No accounting of PIS, as badass as the faceoff between him and Accelerator is. If Accel took him seriously from the start he would've dropped a building on him.

Then again Mob might ake Touma casually a first, till he gets punched once. Bu then again Mob's damage threshold is pretty high too.

What did Touma do to make Mob this upset? lol. Anyway, i think Touma has a good bite out of this match. He can take speed blitzes from Accelerator because of his insane precog and even won against him 3 times-ish. He was fast enough to negate omnidirectional attacks by simply raising his hand up above his head. Also he is able to negate objects that are affected by the supernatural. For example, he was able to negate viscously, vibrating iron sand from misaka by simply brushing it off so i would think that he can survive most telekenetic attacks Mob throws at touma. He also negated an object; a spear to be precise, that is stated to be a 100% sure-hit spear that is also indestructible and can't be put off-course. Also during ??? mode he would see Touma's right arm to be a complete nuisance and do the logical yet stupid decision to sever it off, making IT or something even worse come out of Touma as said in the battle between IB vs WR, that something more terrifying thing came out of his right hand other than the IT during their fight.

DernSure21 said:
For example, he was able to negate viscously, vibrating iron sand from misaka by simply brushing it off

He negated the fact that the sand was being controlled, a bunch of light sand normally launched at you can't do much harm but I don't know about a car or a tree, about the spear did he make it disappear? Was it real or made with magic?

He can ignore Mob's direct attacks and barriers but if Mob's instinct is enough to understand that Touma can't fly, then the latter stands no chance at all.

Iron sand is still not that deadly.

He could survive for quite a bit with his weirdly peak human stats and precognition and is immune to direct psychic attacks, even the ground he stands on is safe if he touches it, but as said before he can't touch mob and he can't stop the hundreds of boulders, pieces of buildings, cars and trees that will keep raining on him.

He only attacked him with his wings made of a material "similar to dark matter" then Touma just avoids and grabs one of 'em and throws Accelerator off-balance.

So, yeh Accel could camp him to death if it wasn't for the plot armor.

As DontTalk and Aiden said, kind of stomp on Touma, since Mob flies and pelts Touma until he dies. One of Touma's weaknesses in the novel is especifically flying opponents, since he cannot do anything against them.

Anyone talking about plot armor or Touma beating Accelerator meaning he can beat Mob has not read the novels.

People forget that 90% of fights in Kamachi's works are situational, a.k.a., the result happened because of certain circumstances that would not necessarily repeat in another scenario.

Touma fought Accelerator 3 times.

1: Touma won because of surprise, Accelerator lack of experience with pain and with fights lasting more than a few seconds, and Mikoto and the Sisters giving him time to get back up, which freaked out Accelerator and affected his judgement even more. Accelerator is the one with the most plot armor in this battle, actually. Given how physically weak he is, he should have been KOed by the first good punch before he knew Touma was even a threat, but that would have been a huge anticlimax (at least there's the excuse of Touma being weakened by being shocked to near death twice by Mikoto prior to the fight).

2: Accelerator is in berserker mode and secretly wants Touma to beat him to prove him wrong. Loses in 1 good punch, proving the aforementioned plot armor in the first battle.

3: Accelerator loses on purpose.

Back