• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kamijou Touma vs Crimson Flame Haze, Shana

He won't always, no. Precog is concerned with everything related to Touma fighting and evading and etc. If he doesn't know, and Precog won't tell him, that the sword ain't magical he's not letting his hand be cut off just like that trying to negate her flames under the assumption that he's getting cut anyway. He could still realize the sword is absorbing an undue amount of heat without problem and seems to be her focus to fight with and from there start thinking it ain't a normal sword, but this ain't Mikoto's Iron Sand Sword which is obviously supernatural.

I still think Touma has far too much experience evading all sorts of opponents to fall to her blade in this situation, just wanted to bring it up.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
He won't always, no. Precog is concerned with everything related to Touma fighting and evading and etc. If he doesn't know, and Precog won't tell him, that the sword ain't magical he's not letting his hand be cut off just like that trying to negate her flames under the assumption that he's getting cut anyway. He could still realize the sword is absorbing an undue amount of heat without problem and seems to be her focus to fight with and from there start thinking it ain't a normal sword, but this ain't Mikoto's Iron Sand Sword which is obviously supernatural.
I still think Touma has far too much experience evading all sorts of opponents to fall to her blade in this situation, just wanted to bring it up.
so will that count as a vote for Touma, then?

Shana's sword is a magical object. Nietono no Shana is what's a called a "Treasure Tool", and they're all magic-based with abilities, though the sword doesn't look supernatural; it looks like a long katana. And I confirm Shana (usually) starts combat with sword attacks.

Though, how does Touma resist/bypass Fuzetsu? The Fuzetsu isn't a spell that can be "touched", unless you go to the border of the dome-shaped time-stopped zone.

I also want to point out that Shana is perfectly capable of fighting without her sword, whether it be martial arts or fire attacks

Imagine breaker by merely existing inside it will nullify it. He doesn't resist it, it just straight up cancels it because it's a supernatural phenomenon. Touma, through the sheer experience he's had against magicians and espers, can instinctively predict whatever's supernatural and his precognition kicks in. Shana can indeed use martial arts but this is set in Academy City, Touma has the home turf advantage which enables what he does best against non-magical foes - distraction and street fighting.

I can only imagine that even if this was set in Misaki City, the results would change, but not enough in Shana's favor unless Yuji becomes a factor here (but obviously not cause this is 1v1)

So... Everyone thinks T wins mid diff by the following cases:

1. Shana slices. Touma holds the blade with his hand. The sword is cut off. (Ditto)

2. Shana slices. Touma holds the blade with his hand. The hand is cut off and his dragon underneath rampages (and does the NSFW ditto).

3. Shana slices and goes for the head. Touma has his head cut off.

4. Shana causes environmental damage and kills Touma with it. (Which almost everyone else here thinks is too OOC)

I am not changing my vote nor will my change in voting matter.

"it also provides Touma with some passive defense against certain spells and apparently can interfere with some spells just by being in their vicinity"

This is what is said on Touma's profile about IB. There's nothing to indicate that Fuzetsu enters the category of "certain spells" that Touma resists. Considering this is EoS Shana, I also don't see why she couldn't just blow up a building Touma is inside of or close to, and make it crumble on him. At this point, Shana is very smart

i still believe this is a stomp, but fuzetsu would get negated just fine as it's AOE effect it as soon as it would affect IB it would get negated

What is your reasoning for Fuzetsu not being affected, Golden? Things like Angel Fall weren't aimed at Touma specifically but he was still unaffected, because he has IB. Vento's spell that simply affects you without having to extend some effect or hit you with something tangible, you just need to think negatively of her, he still is unaffected.

Though Jasonith is wrong, Touma is not just gonna extend out his hand to grab a sword that has no obvious signs of being magical. His Precognition doesn't suddenly mean he can sniff out magic, his massive experience with magic and observation skill does but not instantaneously.

The Fuzetsu thing was more like a question than an affirmation. I thought Touma had to touch something to cancel its properties; didn't remember he can passively cancel stuff as well.

In that case, would Fuzetsu shatter on the spot, or would it still be in place with Touma moving freely inside it? Depending on how it is, the circumstances of the fight will differ greatly

The thing in the gem, right? If Touma touches it, she's losing all her powers. But if he just touches the manifestation of her powers and not the source, he can disrupt her powers but not turn them off.

The gem is just a way for her contractor to communicate with others. He himself is inside her. I think the only spell that requires using the pendant is Tenpa Josai.

if he is inhabiting her it might just get negated when he touches her, same thing was happening with rensa and Yakumi

Don't know who they are, haven't reached that far.

The grace period technically ended 20 minutes ago. I doubt any votes will change at this point, so I guess it'll be added in Touma's favor.

For the sake of it, I'm voting Shana for Jasonsith's reasons; environmental destruction isn't OOC since she can repair any damage done around her, after the fight. I'm also not convinced Shana's powers can be negated just by Touma touching her.

The way I personally see it is Shana attacks with her sword, Touma dodges and eventually blocks with his hand --> sword is gone. In the midst of the fight, Shana would likely use her cloak to protect herself from an attack --> it's gone from his right hand. At that point, Shana will have understood Touma's power coming from his right hand, and then proceed to either martial arts her way through, or environment-destructs with her flames.

Grace is now done. Since I don't see anyone objecting, I might as well do the honors of adding it unless a mod or admin wants to object.

UPDATE: this has just been added to Shana's profile. However, Touma's profile is locked due to being part of the Tier 2 category. Someone please add this or request to add this to his profile as soon as possible. I forgot the link to that thread where you can request matches to be added.

The **** is this reasoning, saying she rely on her power all the time. Before she bacame a flame haze she was taught martial arts, and the weakness of touma is someone who knows martial arts.

John985 said:
The **** is this reasoning, saying she rely on her power all the time. Before she bacame a flame haze she was taught martial arts, and the weakness of touma is someone who knows martial arts.
Feel free to try to contact any of the To Aru supporters and try to argue with them regarding this. Idk if there's enough Shana supporters on this site, though.

Otherwise, the results will stand as it is until further notice. Touma's profile isn't immediately getting this one posted due to tier 2 lockdown reasons.

tfw it was agreed that Tier 2 characters below 2-A would be unlocked but it still hasn't actually been implemented

John985 said:
why are you guys even adding this? how he won is really stupid.
Did you not read my previous comment? Maybe you should check other concluded Touma Vs threads and find people in there that could better help with the explanation.

Before she use a sword, she was taught to fight hand to hand combat. Did he win when he fought Tsuchimikado? He can't.

If he tried to block the Nietono no Shana it would disappear, then she would be force to use h2h.

Back