• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Shouldn't Kakyoin be Building Level+ for being able to severely damage Star Platinum? The picture of him doing so is even linked on his profile. Yes DIO is able to to just deflect the emerald splash, but that's more DIO being strong than Kakyoin being weak.

Also what the heck would Kakyoin's wierd painting attack thing he used on Jotaro be considered?

The Smashor said:
Shouldn't Kakyoin be Building Level+ for being able to severely damage Star Platinum? The picture of him doing so is even linked on his profile. Yes DIO is able to to just deflect the emerald splash, but that's more DIO being strong than Kakyoin being weak.

Also what the heck would Kakyoin's wierd painting attack thing he used on Jotaro be considered?
Agree and Araki Forgot

I agree with adding whatever that ability would be. However, it requires knowledge of his opponent, drawing them and most likely add the corresponding color for different effects (in this case, red to injure Jotaro).

However i dunno if scaling to SP is a reasonable thing. One should be reminded that DIO is weak (moreso when this one still hasn't even absorbed Joseph blood). We see him deflecting all of ES attacks (quite casually i might add). Yet when fighting Jotaro, The World and SP were on equal terms with each other. Additionally, SP even manages to wound DIO. There's quite the inconsistency here (Not surprising. It's Araki after all)

If we accept Hierophant Green being capable of damaging SP. It will become something like DIO (Pre-Awakening) > Hierophant Green >= Star Platinum = The World (????)

Dio reflecting ES
Dio reflecting ES2
Dio reflecting ES3

Weak as in his body still isn't in his top peak till he absorbed Joseph blood.

But that particular word doesn't matter. The scaling might become inconsistent

SP probably got stronger throughout part 3 with that A in developmental potential. Than again, Emperor has an E in precision and The World has a B in development potential (The same The World that, in an alternate universe, became The World Over Heaven). How would we even make a Buliding Level, likely Building Level+? Because that seems like what this would be.

The reason is that it was decided that Jotaro only went all out to kill only against Dio.

Anyway, judging by the diologue Jotaro was going all out. He didn't know that Kakyoin was being controlled against his will.

No, he's not BL+, if he was then he would easily be able to harm DIO and Star Platinum but both of them can casually deflect the attack unless they're caught off guard by it.DIO literally blocked hundreds before Kakyoin got a cheap-shot in with one.

He's using piercing attacks too so it's not farfetched to say that although he's only 8-C because he uses a piercing attack he's able to bring harm to an 8-C+ character such as DIO.

Let me break this down for everyone since I created the whole divide from 8-C and 8-C+. Just ask yourself this question if you're confused about the scaling:

Are they as strong as Star Platinum? If yes, they are 8-C+.

Why? Because thematically and through feats, he is the strongest in the series.

The World and Star Platinum are the same. DIO should be as strong as Star Platinum because he's tanked numerous bloodlusted blows, some capable of massive damage and some capable of minor, so he's scaled in with the two.

Crazy Diamond is roughly equal in strength to Star Platinum so once again, those two scale. Killer Queen however, is not, he doesn't even come close to physically contesting Crazy Diamond outside of speed.

Silver Chariot and Magician's Red? No, Star Platinum can choke MR out with a single outstretched arm while MR can do nothing about it physically. Silver Chariot couldn't harm Cameo whom Magician's Red could casually body. Therefore both of them are not on the level of Star Platinum.

Hierophant Green? No, his Emerald Splash was casually deflected by Star Platinum and DIO who've we already accepted as 8-C+ because they are the strongest in JoJo.

As DMB 1 has said, getting beat up by Star Platinum doesn't mean you're as strong as Star Platinum, lol. Neither does being able to harm Star Platinum... I can harm an elephant, am I now 9-B?

8-C+ is reserved only for those who can match their bloodlusted/all out strength. If you can damage them and survive their casual blows but can't compare to their raw power (which is mostly everyone in SC) then you're just 8-C.

Please don't edit Kakyoin or anyone else so that they're 8-C+, you're literally accepting the fact that he's just as strong as Star Platinum and DIO's absolute maximum when we've seen that it clearly isn't the case.

Didn't Kakyoin only hurt Star Platinum when Jotaro was off his guard?

When Kakyoin tried to do the Emerald Splash again, Star Platinum easily withstood and deflected it and didn't get damaged at all.

Stands aren't like DBZ. A character can't just lower their durability out of arrogance. That was Kakyoin genuinely damaging SP a LOT, who has Building+ dura. It just so happens SP can just deflect the Emerald Splash with his fists. He can also do something similar to DIO's throwing knives, which are 8-C+ coming from him. SP was able to block the knives with only a little bit more difficulty than the Emerald Splash.

No, Star Platinum had to actively punch away the knives. Against the Emerald Splash he just crossed his arms and knocked it all away. There's a difference. He hit Star Platinum and DIO once, both doing MINOR damage. Jotaro coughed a little blood out and that was it.

Like I said, just because I can hurt Mike Tyson when he's caught off guard doesn't mean I can hurt him when he's in a proper fighting stance. Tensing your muscles really can bolster your durability a lot in our world. The same logic probably applies to JoJo world.

What I'm saying is hurting an 8-C+ character doesn't make you 8-C+, Smashor.

Well, that's kind of dumb.

That moment when you have so few fights you can't even scale to the other main characters. Actually, that's most of Part 3's supporting characters. I don't even think Stand Stats can save Kakyoin since Stand Stats are stupid and we don't use them. Wait a second. We do. Stand stats are the main reason that MiH has Infinite Speed. Kakyoin has a C in Destruction. Do you want to know what else has a C in destruction? Silver Chariot. Then again these are the same stats that give The Emperor an E in precision when he is able to precisely move his bullet around Chariot's sword slash. Do we just only accept stand stats when their words?

Hmm, Silver Chariot shouldn't have the justification of 'can contend with Star Platinum' given that he was explicitely being amped by Anubis.

The profile does mention Anubis on there - but it still doesn't belong.

Also another one of his justifications is "Killing Vanilla Ice" but Vanilla Ice gets his durability justification from taking Silver Chariot's attacks...

Right, the only 8-C+ characters in SDC are Star Platinum, The World, DIO. The other SDC's are 8-C, including Kakyoin. He does scale to the main cast, he just doesn't scale to Jotaro.

We accept direct values which we cannot ascertain from stand stats. Infinity is a given value that we can logically apply to our system, A rank is not a logical value that we can apply.

Damage3245 said:
Hmm, Silver Chariot shouldn't have the justification of 'can contend with Star Platinum' given that he was explicitely being amped by Anubis.
Unarmored he should be able to because of the massive fuckall speedboost it gives, but you're right, he cannot contend with Star Platinum on regular terms.

He can still stab through Star Platinum and DIO though, so he should be 8-C just like Kakyoin.

Do Stand stats just mean nothing unless their words and not letters? Have I accidentally nerfed Polnareff? Are the Part 3 supporting characters horribly underused to the point where they can't scale to anyone? Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z!

Also couldn't Kakyoin and Polnareff scale to DIO's minions (Like Hol Horse) since they impressed him or something?

Hol Horse should be 8-C as well, he falls in the same boat as Kakyoin and Polnareff.

I think this revision has been refuted, Ant.

I recall that Joseph, Jotaro, and Kakyoin have a combined wall-busting feat without using stands toward the end of Part 3. Wouldn't that make Kakyoin 9-B?

We say that Awakened DIO combated SP without The World beacause we didn't see it. Considering Jotaro (Who is already 9-B) and Joesph (Who is 8-C) and I just realized this isn't making a case for Kakyoin, it's making one against him.

@Damage

There's no evidence that this is what happened here. We'd expect to see their stands the moment after the wall is busted down.

What evidence is there that they punched the wall down themselves?

That contradicts yourself. If two of them can bust walls, why assume that the third one can as well based on a team effort?

Joestar strength >>> average person, if that wasn't obvious enough. Nobody outside of supernatural powers have demonstrated they can physically contest Jonathan, Joseph or Jotaro.

A: I'm not the one that just proposed wall level Kakyoin.

B: I literally said that it was probably mostly Joseph and Jotaro

C: I was just proving they didn't use their stands

The Smashor said:
Two out of the three of them being wall level or higher
That's not evidence.

If we don't see them physically punching the wall down themselves, I have no reason to believe they did instead of just Star Platinum giving it a solid punch and disappearing.

Back