• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kaguya's Immortality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Void

VS Battles
Retired
Does she really have Type 3 Immortality (via regen)?

If we go by feats and not scaling from what she should have based on Madara and Obito, she's shown no feats of regen on her own.
Sdd
Fas
4544409-5642795926-narut
HsWGjaK
Obito regen
The reason why she got her arm back was due to an involuntary transformation into an unstable form of the Juubi, due to Naruto hitting her with all those different natured rasenshurikens.

Her arm was still lying on the ground, and no regen process ever began. Even Kakashi nearly cuts her other arm off, which never heals.

Though once again, upon turning into the Juubi and being sealed that way, there's no evidence of regen.

We thought it best to scale her to Madara and Obito's Regen, isn't she just like them, a Ten Tails host or has it's power or something like that?.

... Didn't you make the thread that downgraded their regenration?.

She is the ten tails IIRC, but according to this post, it was agreed on by a few people that Kaguya transforming into the Juubi doesn't count as regen, which is her only source of regen feats.

Oh yeah, I remember that thread... Hmm well it is true Ten Tails give things that it doesn't have (Truth Seeking Balls).

Also has the Ten Tails ever regenrated before I can't remember if not that's another thing it gives that it doesn't have.

Wait, in that image where Naruto and Sasuke tag her, is that a cut on her shoulder? (On Naruto's side)

Yeah that's when Kakashi almost cut her arm off.

If anything she has Types 1&2.

I can possibly understand type 1 as I doubt she age's even then she Likely ages extremely slow so I'm ok with that but Immortality Type 2 means she can survive decapitation and still be alive, now being cut in half (horizontally like Madara) I can believe but her surviving decapitation is hard to believe since she never showed it.

From what I vaguely recall, I also think that she is scaled from Obito and Madara.

But they actually have regen feats which is why I don't understand why. Maybe it's Hashirama's cells amplified by the Six Paths Chakra or something, but she doesn't have what they have from what I've seen. Especially Obito since he never absorbed the God Tree.

Well, we are in shortage of staff members who have in-depth knowledge of Naruto, but you can inform Gwynbleiddd about this thread if you wish.

I think it's just Poor writing or PIS. It is mentioned several times in the story that Kaguya "can't be killed" and that the only way to stop her is to seal her. They don't even say the same about other Ten-Tails Hosts like Madara or Obito - both of whose Regenerationnn is more likely to be an effect of Hashirama's cells. Madara does say that Hashirama had a Regenerationnn ability that far outclassed Tsunade's Mitotic Regenerationn

Madara claims immortality as well. While it may be true that she must be sealed, she was also never shown to take as much damage as she did from team 7, which is why I also suggested type 2 immortality, but then the decapitation argument comes up.

It's true that Madara claims Immortality, but he does properly die after having the Ten Tails extracted out of him. Kaguya doesn't meet the same fate even after the Nine Tailed Beasts are split from her. Besides, Hagoromo himself backs up the claim that Kaguya is Immortal ...

Having Immortality over Regenerationn for Kaguya will be the best course of action, also add to her profile that she can regenerate limbs through her Ten Tails form. The whole "Regenerationn from chakra" thing is a transmutation, not Regenerationn.

Well according tothis , you need at least one jinchuuriki in you to survive the extraction process. Kaguya reverts back to the Juubi then turns into the Gedo Mazo while being sealed and losing the tailed beasts.

Also @AppleLord are you saying give her immortality via regen, then saying her only feats of "regen" isn't actual regen?

I have asked Gwynbleiddd for input here.

RoyGundam said:
It's true that Madara claims Immortality, but he does properly die after having the Ten Tails extracted out of him. Kaguya doesn't meet the same fate even after the Nine Tailed Beasts are split from her. Besides, Hagoromo himself backs up the claim that Kaguya is Immortal ...
1. People in Naruto are capable of surviving Tails Beast extractions, if Madara can momentarily stay alive from the Ten Tails extraction then I'm sure Kaguya can, so that doesn't mean much.

2. Hagoromo saying she is Immortal means nothing because he's weaker then she is so it's obvious he couldn't kill her. If humans went to war with Superman we would think he's immortal because we can't hurt him. Lastly saying she is Immortal is vegue as there are different types of immortality.

Unite My Rice said:
Also @AppleLord are you saying give her immortality via regen, then saying her only feats of "regen" isn't actual regen?
No. Give her immortality base on her statement, the Regenerationn would be only through her Ten Tails transmutation.

@Griffin, The second point is a good one but I don't agree with your first assertion. It is stated that Jinchuuriki will inevitably die after having their tailed beast extracted out of them and every single time that does happen, the jinchuuriki does inevitably die. Kaguya is implied to have survived the Tailed Beast extraction because and It happened to her twice

Again I think we can chalk this up to just PIS. The entire fight with Kaguya in general is just loaded with it so we shouldn't take anti-regen feats from that more seriously than a grain of salt.

@RoyGundam

You misunderstood, the fact that they can survive is proof, even if they will die in the end they have the Stamina/Endurance to survive for a while.

Kaguya is the strongest, so if those weaker then her can survive it isn't a surprise that the strongest person so far can survive the extraction and live on.

The sage on his death bed can release the Ten Tails from himself and survive long enough to create the moon, seal the beast in the moon and split it making the Nine Tailed Beasts before his death... With this I'm pretty sure Kaguya can live on having it extracted.

This doesn't mean she is Immortal, just means she can survive and live on from the extraction unlike those weaker then herself because she's stronger.

There's actually a whole lot of conflicting mythology in Naruto. Hagoromo and Hamura are implied to have sealed their mother in a Chibaku Tensei - which one was that ?. Then Hagoromo (according to you) supposedly released the Ten Tails, separated it's chakra, create the moon (again ??) and seal the body inside the moon. But, then Pain somehow has access to the Gedo Mazo statue on Earth ??

well, if by scaling and anything else, her regen should be better than even madara's and obito's. but we haven't seen it yet, so...

That's not how you scale characters, otherwise everyone in the ToP who is above Goku should get immunity to Hit's Time Stop. She is scale by feats not by others who may or not be influence by Hagoromo's cells.

Same thing happened when Madara was cut in half by Sasuke, and spent several minutes with his cut half within the dimension of Obito. The fact that it has not regenerated at this time, is simply PIS.

This still does not nullify the fact that, when it regenerated your body from that mass of pure chakra, it also regenerated the ARM that was cut off by Naruto, and even regenerated his mantle that had been harmed by Naruto, just as Madara did, when he regenerated his underside.

Yeah it regenerated her arm... But not the cut on her shoulder?.

This makes me think they are like Piccolo and need to activate their Regen.

It really does not matter at all. This kind of inconsistency also occurred with Madara, even he SHOWING feats of Regenerationn.

Madara took priority of the eyes instead of Regenerationn. He stood still and talked about Might Guy before focusing on his Regenerationn. Which means Madara's Regenerationn is not passive but selective, he needs to active it. Kaguya only regenerated an arm after the unintended transmutation.

Evidence that Madara needs to CHOOSE when he will regenerate? This is simply PIS, The plot wanted so.

That does not matter either. Once she regenerated her PHYSICAL form in that unstable form through the chakra, she also regenerated her arm. The fact that she regenerates her arm already nullifies anything she says about being "Shapeshifting" or anything else, because no matter what, Regenerationn has occurred.

Evidence that Madara can regenerated passively without the need of time? Obito had to focus as well. It wasn't instant for anyone. There's a limit to how much you can call PIS, once, but more than fourth times? I don't think so. I never said that she couldn't regenerate. I'm only saying what the scans show. Kaguya regenerated her arm after the unintended transmutation.

Dude she gained her arm but still couldn't regenrate the large cut on her shoulder.

You said he needs to think for it, you need to prove it. Madara took an attack from Guy and quickly regenerated himself, without using TSO and others like Obito. He also took an attack from Naruto and also regenerated soon after ... So, why at that time, did he CHOOSE not to regenerate, when he was cut in half by Sasuke? Meaningless...

Read it again ... I never said that you said that, this is something that happened to Kaguya, she did not regenerate ONLY her arm, when she remade her body from that chackra mass, she regenerated everything, appears in the manga she regenerates her whole body , INCLUDING your arm amputated, because she dont had more physical form, when stated on the databook.

Yes, even though she did not "regenerate her arm", she had been cut off by Naruto and soon in a bombed Rasenshuriken's press.

What's the difference between this and it being sealed right after the cut on your shoulder?

Well there's also methods to the regen. Madara used kamui, leaving his legs on Earth. When he had holes in his body they regenerated. But I guess they couldn't bother to explain Madara's regen when Sasuke cut him in half, because he went to Kamui land with no legs and came back with legs, and there's no evidence that he took his legs with him, so he can regenerate parts of his body by sticking thim together apparently.

Kaguya turning into the ten tails created an entirely new arm, since her old one was still on the ground.

I'm not talking about the arm Naruto took off. I'm talking about the cut on her shoulder Kakashi left.

The story goes... Naruto chops her left arm off, Kakashi nearly cuts her other on off, She transforms into that monster then returns back to her normal state with a new arm but the cut Kakashi left was still there...

That makes no sense.

Also about Madara, it's one vs one his two Regen feats are... Surviving a hole blown off from his torso and regenrating in moments. The second is him getting cut in half by Sasuke and takes a much longer period then before to regenerate.

Now this leads to three things.

1. Madara needs to activate his Regen

2. Inconsistency, but why do we take his first Regen feats speed over the second.

3. The more damage Madara takes the longer it takes for him to regenerate.

He also regen'd from Sasuke's rinneswap with his sword. Since his regen is superior to Tsunade's who could automatically start healing damage as shown in her fight with Madara, it should work even better. The one consistency with all this is that anyone who was bisected needed to put their body back together before they could heal.

What do you mean, dude? Kaguya took an attack from Kakashi, shortly after, she needed to hold Naruto and Sasuke from trying to seal her and after that, Sakura punched him. She at no time, even had SECONDS to regenerate.

Kakashi's cut was after Kaguya regenerated in its unstable form and soon after, his sealing process took place.

About Madara ... It was inconsistency, by the fact that, he quickly regenerated himself against Guy's attack and quickly regenerated himself against Naruto's Rasenshuriken. Why will he choose not to regenerate and stay minutes with half his body cut off? Apart from the fact that his Regenerationn is better than that of Tsunade, who is also passive, since when he possessed only the cells of Hashirama. There are no FACTS that say he needs to WANT to regenerate.

They need to activate their Regenerationn, otherwise Madara would regenerate his arm at the same time he was mocking Might Guy and not wait until he stop talking to regenerate. Same with his flying torso, he regenerated his button half after he obtain the other Rinnegan which was his priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back