• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kaguya Houraisan vs Wolfgang Schreiber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Kaguya Houraisa vs Wolfgang Schreiber.

Fun with speed and time manipulation. Standard battle assumptions. Base Wolfgang is used here.

Round 1: Speed unequalized.

Round 2: Starting speed equalized.

Round 3: Schreiber starts in Nilfheimr Fenriswolf.

Pretty sure she's using she's using the 6-B version of Wolfgang here, Andy. If Prom did use the 1-A ver. of him, she would have not made this fight.

But i suppose Prom didn't consider the fact that people may thnk that 1-A Wolf is being used, i edited the OP of the match for her on that.

^Just asking for sure.

If it 6-B, then Kaguya could just froze him in eternity. Most likely though, if they ever met, Kaguya probably wouldn't have enough awareness to make the first move, so he must end this in one move before the eternal solid-tude.

Edit: This is probably a hax stomp, basically.

@Andy: Yeah i'm sure she didn't mean it to put it as people thinking that 1-A Wolf is being used but i know what her intentions were, clearly.

Aside that, here's my opinion for Prom-chan's fight here.

R1: Kaguya blitzes. She's pretty much faster than him by a lot (given that the general DI characters in base are around only MHS+, or Mach 5K+-ish to be more specific). And if the ability of hers does allow her to do it that way, she can legit freeze him there. I mean then again that's really about all she can do. Wolf's stronger and durable but if he can go use his Briah at anytime, he'll win since Kaguya can't stop unless she does an outright timestop. But given that the speed is unequalized, Kaguya is actually more bound to blitz and freeze him in place if anything.

R2: Hard to say but i think it's either Kaguya with her ability and spamming Danmaku blasts everywhere or Wolfgang comes in and one-shots due to his higher stats + his Briah ability. This one can go either way.

R3: Most likely Wolfgang. Since he becomes faster than his opponent with it, Kaguya would have a hard time to deal anything to him if any.

^R3: Yeah, unless she instantly froze the entire area around her when he approach, just like she used to does with Eientei.

Well the thing is that Wolfgang's Nilfheimr Fenriswolf allows him to be faster than his opponent regardless of their speed unless they either time stop him or oturight stop the technique itself in any other way so he probably could blitz and one shot her before she can use her ability.

I'm kind of not sure if i'm take it as instant or not. Well actually it does contain the word "instant" or something on her page of her ability so i'll give her thought. It's more of a matter of weather she can pull it off fast enough to stop him or not.

Though i did notice something on each characters page.

For Kaguya i didn't look hard enough to see taht she too also has Low-Godly regen. Though i wonder what makes her have it. Just curious about that if anyone can answer that

For Wolfgang his page states of him being resistant to magic and seeing that Kaguya uses magic.....yeah. Not to mention of him being resistant to conceptional attacks.

Which reminds me: Is Kaguya's ability something that fits either of them or like can it still affect Wolfgang?

Kaguya has Hourai Regenerationn, which is Low-Godly. Her eternity manipulation isn't magic, it's just an Ability, and I don't see why it wouldn't be able to affect Wolfgang.

I just wanted be sure on that, Prom~

In that case, then Wolfgang can't really do anything then since Kaguya's ability is something that could oturight stop him then if he had his Briah on (assuming he gets fooled enough to get hit by it). I mean R1 is a speed blitz for Kaguya. R2 is either one's match for that, and R3 could go for Kaguya given that she has Low Godly regen as well which should allow her to last long enough to affect Wolfgang.

Yo, why is Touhou so haxxed lol. Even Dies Irae isn't doing anything.

By the way, my vote is the same as Cross'

It's almost like Kaguya has the perfect set of skills to stand a chance, counter Wolf's own skills and win the match. I'm more inclined to vote for her as well, because of that and pretty much the reasons stated above.

So i guess that's four for Kaguya then, eh?

Would Wolfgang's ability to bypass durability via hitting the soul mean anything here at least?

Edit: And nvrmind about that. Apparently Kaguya's ability allows her to do things in a "literal instant" meaing she definitely gets R1 AND R2. R3 she might even get that so it's pretty much settled for who i'm getting for here.

I think it would... If Kaguya didn't have Low-Godly Regen as well (and as Saikou said, Hourai Elixir pretty much grants her No Sell to soul manip). And he does have resistance to Spatial and Temporal attacks, yet time stopping can... Well, stop him. I'm skeptical that he could finish Kaguya off before she gets the one chance she needs to just freeze him and be done with it.

Dura negation is an advantage, it's just that it doesn't look like enough of an advantage for Wolf to turn the tables in this situation.

He would probably be needing some nasty haxx to put her down for real.

Well it did say that the only things tht can stop him while his Briah is actived is either outright Time Stop OR something that outright stops him in any other way. I think it's mainly time stop since EMC and Ever kept saying about it, but reading through Kaguya's ability again over and over can be a good sustitute for that.

Kaguya's ability isn't even really time manipulation, well not in the exact term. So I guess he won't resist it? If so I'm definitvely giving it to her. If not, I guess Inconclusive? But Kaguya for now.

@Cal Don't worry, Only Kaguya is that bad~

So it's 5 for Kaguya i guess then.

And to think that there's a Touhou character that has a counter to Wolfgang's abilities. xD

Time dilation is something that doesn't work on the Three Commanders at full power. And yeah, time stop is really good.

Round 1 seems to go to Kaguya, Round 2 MIGHT give Schreiber a win and Round 3 he could get some nasty hits in. How does she handle attacks that damage the soul? Or is she immune to attacks of that nature?

Edit: Schreibers base speed in Yetzirah is Mach 1000+.

Shouldn't that have been on her page tho, Saikou? If that's the case along with maybe adding why she has Low-Godly regen (figured we could do that for convenient sake), that should be be put on her page then, yeah...

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Kaguya is Resistent to Soul attacks, no selled Yuyuko
Kaguya has resistance to yuyukos death manipulation, but yuyukos soul manipulation is appliciable for controlling souls of the dead only as far as I am aware.

Well, Yuyuko did state that a ghost drinking the hourai elexir would even make a ghost "undying" so that it couldn't reach nirvana or reincarnate, so to a certain extent it probably even makes souls immortal.

Well, Alice does say something about "Da soul is made invincible, yada yada", but aplying that with no limits would kinda be a fallacy. I'm assuming Kaguya can no sell the soul attacks long enough to use her own hax because Wolf here is more or less in the same tier as her.

Just to make something clear: Kaguya has that lvl of Regen, but it isn't something absolutely instantaneous all the time. She usually fights until she can't stand the pain anymore. If she gets obliterated, she might reconstruct, but the pain stays and eventually it's too much to bear. Heavy injuries might last for a while... Not sure if the wikia is accurate on this one, but it says critical injuries might last days before healing.

Would be kinda strange to look at it like that, though. last time I played Imperishable Night, IIRC, Kaguya was getting obliterated and being restored mid fight.

Anyways, I did some research and the dialogue on the Hourai Elixir and its effects on the soul is as follows (this is for Mokou, but she has the exact same type of immortality that Kaguya has):

Alice: Do you think she's alive? She looks dead to me somehow... Or was she revived?

Mokou: How rude, treating me like some kind of ghost... But that's almost correct. Your ability to see through illusions is quite impressive.

"So, you ARE a zombie then?"

"Actually... Death is no longer a part of my existence. To be devoid of death is to be devoid of life. Free from the bounds of life and death... But I'm as human as they come. In a sense, though, I'm also like a ghost."

Alice proceeds to comment on how Mokou can't age nor die, and the conversation goes on. Mokou says she drank the Elixir and was made immortal, talks about how Kaguya tries to kill her and says how that is impossible.

"The Hourai Elixir is not to be consumed by humans... The forbidden medicine. With but a single touch, you will never become an adult. With a second touch, you will forget all disease and illness. With a third touch.... Your soul will forever churn in torment!"

*Fight (and a ton of shots) ensues... Mokou gets defeated and the more talk about the immortality.*

Marisa: "Shall we do it again? Maybe you really are invincible." Alice: "Invincible, maybe, but she seems worn out."
Mokou: "I've already reached my limit. I'd better stop before I'm unable to move tomorrow."

Alice: "Don't waste time wondering about something like that (on the topic of cutting Mokou in half to see which side would remain). Immortality is like casting away the physical body. Only the soul becomes invincible, it's constantly reborn in new flesh. Souls don't have a particular size, so they can freely create another body. By contrast, I guess that any body without a soul perishes rather quickly...?"

Mokou: "As I am undying, ghosts are unliving. Maybe it's only a little difference in form... or guts."

What would really take that much time for her to use her ability though? Outside Spell Card rule she has no reason to hold back until she passes out.

@KillitwithC4

R1: Kaguya blitzes before Schreiber can activate his Briah

R2: Could go either way with this one, probably leaning towards Kaguya, as her ability can literally make things happen in a literal instant.

R3: Kaguya, her ability can literally immobilize Schreiber completely as well as the aforementioned instantaneous hax.

And that's 7 for Kaguya Houraisan. Though not my thread, i'd prefer if we wait it out for a 1 or 2 (give or take) to see if there's anyone that'll defend Wolfgang here.

@Prom: If you don't mind it, may i like to add it later if you or anyone don't add it by then?

Saikou The Lewd King said:
@Cal Don't worry, Only Kaguya is that bad~
And Yukari, with her gap haxx. And Sagume with the universal jinx hax. And Hecate being the goddess of magic haxx...

Touhou have a lot of haxx indivitual, basically.

CrossverseCrisis said:
And that's 7 for Kaguya Houraisan. Though not my thread, i'd prefer if we wait it out for a 1 or 2 (give or take) to see if there's anyone that'll defend Wolfgang here.
@Prom: If you don't mind it, may i like to add it later if you or anyone don't add it by then?
Well , I could just request it right now though

@Andykhang: Hmm. I suppose you can. I feel the need to have Prom add this herself as this is her thread really but since she's busy and probably wouldn't have cared to add it herself anyways if she had time, this would have been added in anyways.

Besides, Kaguya has gotten the minimum number of votes here. At this point of the moment, it's just to see if there's anyone willing to defend Wolfgang here...

Okay i think it's been long enough at this point so i've added the results of this match.

And with that, if anybody doesn't mind here, i'll close this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back