• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Youkai Savoir vs Demon Befriender (Hijiri Byakuren vs Flonne) (Touhou vs Disgea RPG/Nipponverse) (0-0-1)

Byakuren's best MU fr fr
(apologies if this is a stomp MU)

Anyways, not much else to say. Byakuren vs Flonne, this is a MU
Byakuren has enough prep time to use her Sutra Scroll for her powerup, and Flonne starts in her Base Form of Disgea RPG
Speed equalized, SBA otherwise
Battle takes place in Whiterun

The True Youkai Savoir: 0
The True Demon Befriender: 0
They both hang out and vibe: 1​

Last edited:
so what is Byakuren's opening move?
flonne's combat precog, and probability manipulation won't work here.
she has a passive power null aura that is 2 layers strong though is extended melee range.
Her attacks apply forget (Make those inflicted forget how to do anything but basic punches, kicks and weapon strikes, this bypasses 4 layers), Charm (it would make Byakuren see Flonne as her closest friend that she would never harm, this bypasses 4 layers), Paralysis (bypasses 4 layers), Petrification (bypasses 4 layer), sleep (Bypasses 4 layers), can poison her (bypasses 4 layers), size manipulation and power null (at 1 layer)
if under any of these effects and flonne hits again it triggers death hax, and the dead body gets raised as a zombie with all Byakuren's powers.

what hell, someone posted here?!
Not too familiar on the whole layers thing, to be honest. Her first move would to wave her Sorcerer's Sutra Scroll, which massively improves her physical, and she may also unleash her Overwhelming Aura with a side of EE- so Flonne's projectile based attacks wont do shit, she's basically forced into CQC

As for what Flonne has, Byakuren resists most of it (again, unfamiliar with the whole layers thing), Poison, Mind Hax, and i believe Sleep manip as well wont work on Byakuren, though thats about it

Byakuren does have this, Spirit Manip, which does quite a lot of stuff (hence why i linked it), erasing Flonne's own memory, Sealing her, Paralyzing her, or using her EE with Over. Aura to possibly erase her soul

Basically, Flonne is kinda forced into a losing CQC battle with someone who can also use impossible danmaku

Sorry i have not been very active do to holiday stuff.
but for layer it is like Ability<Resists<Ability that overpowers that resistance<Resists, ect, and flonne does resist memory manipulation.

the danmaku is not going to do anything since Flonne has 2-A durability meaning Byakuren's 2-C attacks do nothing. While flonne has no way of by pass the mid godly but with the fact that 1 tap from flonne would kill Byakuren making a zombie so the longer this goes on Byakuren will be fighting an army of herself+flonne.

Plus while flonne is mostly a spellcaster she is no slouch in melee with a master level martial artist in hand to hand combat, and has melee staff skill rivaling the majin who has mastered almost every form of combat across a countless number of space times.

I do wish to argue against Flonne being able to create an army of undead Byakurens, because Byakuren is technically a youkai (as she has youkai MId-Godly), so she would also have the youkai's (unconventional) resistance to Necromancy (as they do not leave corpses behind when they die)

Honestly, looking at both profiles, this is starting to look like a draw. Flonne has no way past Youkai Mid-Godly, though Byakuren most likely lacks a way to actually put down Flonne (in this key, at least)

But thats just me, maybe a Touhou supporter will come around to help out.

for the zombie thing this can even turn ghosts into zombies. I have no clue how that works but it does.
and honestly this seems like an inconclusive match since flonne can't put down Byakuren, and Byakuren can't put flonne down.

for the zombie thing this can even turn ghosts into zombies. I have no clue how that works but it does.
and honestly this seems like an inconclusive match since flonne can't put down Byakuren, and Byakuren can't put flonne down.
Is Inconclusive your final vote?

I mean, whats stopping Byakuren from meeting with the Sorcerer's Sutra Scroll? We know it gives her a power amp (and i gave her enough time to prepare in order to use it)

But yeah, Flonne cant kill Byakuren with Mid Godly, and Flonne has better durability. Hence, the incon

HOWEVER
If we also allow Incap and BFR as a wincon, then Byakuren can just seal Flonne away (i dont see a resistance to sealing for Flonne)

Uhhhhhh, yes, she does. She made is EXPRESSLY clear that she was going to seal away the Occult Balls, and she doesnt like killing, so if sealing someone can end a fight and prevent it- she would be down for that
le proof

Because, generally, Byakuren doesnt wish to get into conflicts at all- in AoCF, she actually had to GET the Occult Balls to seal them all away. You cant seal them if you dont have them
As for CDS, i have no clue, i havent seen that

please dont make me have to come bother Kirbonic or Fujiwara about this, they have better stuff to do

In AoCF she was facing the yorigami's yet she didnt pull her sealing move. In UFO she didnt also seal the protagonists as well. Then theres Hopeless Masquerade she didnt pull that as well

Alright, with the Yorigami's, she was content enough with giving them a beating, and then having them recompense for their troubles by helping along the Temple. Thats generally the whole ending of AoCF anyways.
In Hopeless Masquerade, Byakuren was more focused on making sure the Temple got the most attention from the Human Village (Along with Miko and Reimu, mind you), she also didnt seal Kokoro because she wanted her to come to the Temple to figure out her emotions

UFO is.....kinda weird, im going to admit, with her fate being different depending on whatever character you choose- but do keep in mind she lost in a Spell Card Battle, which means she wouldnt want to press conflict further, but she would really much rather tend to the youkai that went all the way to Makai, and got slapped silly by the protags to even get there and save her

Basically
She can prioritize too
(Besides, she doesnt really hold grudges, thats OOC of her)

The REASON why she even wants to seal the Occult Balls away is because they pose a threat to ALL of Gensokyo, and thats what worries her. Kokoro and the Yorigami sisters can be dealt with by Reimu easily enough, but the Occult Balls confused even Yukari to an extent

Might as well just be rid of them, yknow?

Alright, with the Yorigami's, she was content enough with giving them a beating, and then having them recompense for their troubles by helping along the Temple. Thats generally the whole ending of AoCF anyways.
In Hopeless Masquerade, Byakuren was more focused on making sure the Temple got the most attention from the Human Village (Along with Miko and Reimu, mind you), she also didnt seal Kokoro because she wanted her to come to the Temple to figure out her emotions

UFO is.....kinda weird, im going to admit, with her fate being different depending on whatever character you choose- but do keep in mind she lost in a Spell Card Battle, which means she wouldnt want to press conflict further, but she would really much rather tend to the youkai that went all the way to Makai, and got slapped silly by the protags to even get there and save her

Basically
She can prioritize too
(Besides, she doesnt really hold grudges, thats OOC of her)
In AoCF she was cooperating with miko to investigate the incident where she met the sisters, after getting beaten because of their perfect possession technique she didn't plan to go and seal them to prevent them from causing more troubles(Though I can see where you are coming from with your reasoning). In HM I can sort of agree with what you say but FDS where she met a possessed satori but she still didn't use her sealing magic. Also as I have said we still don't know how the sealing works since we don't have an onscreen view of how it works. Are we sure it even works on living beings?

It is true we dont know if the sealing work on living beings or not, however, Byakuren is still an extremely powerful magician, it would be more then likely she would be able to seal a living being

(With FDS, there are many more ways to deal with a person thats under possession, like, i dont know, use her Soul/Empathic Manip? Sealing isnt the only thing she can do to resolve fights)

What i am trying to say is that Byakuren would much rather prefer a course of action that would not result in the other combatant killed. She might consider sealing a form of killing someone, and since she doesnt like to kill......there you go
Now granted, in the context of fighting Flonne, that is most likely tossed out the window, but it would stand to reason Flonne would be enough of a threat to warrant Byakuren either killing her, or sealing her away somewhere

TL: DR
Byakuren has morals

Fair but we still don't know how fast the sealing could work. Also why would she use sealing before trying her danmaku + hand to hand etc. Also can she use it before flonne can use her hax?

I mean, Byakuren resists a good bit of Flonne's big hax, and the fact her regen is simply better, so yeah, id say she could. She would be able to force Flonne into CQC considering she has Overwhelming Aura with EE to yeet Flonne's magic.
If she can get Flonne in a good enough position, she can seal her away

Because it deletes projectiles?
Also, when considering Death Battles, morals and that stuff are usually ignored. Aang, being an example.

(Just because she hates killing doesnt mean she cant do it as well)

Dream World, IIRC. Ask Kirbonic or Fuji about it.

And yeah, im sure. She said, very matter of factly, in AoCF (or ULiL), she was going to seal the Occult Balls while travelling with Miko.

AoCF and ULiL are different games. AoCF takes place after ULiL so i dont remember still talking about sealing the occult balls? Also The Dream World thingie is really finnicky especially since other verses like pokemon and DMC are much more thorough in their cosmology while touhou isn't that serious.

Look man, if you want to learn more about cosmology, either go and talk to Kirbonic/Fuji, or red this blog about Kasen Ibaraki vs Fleetway Sonic.
Blog

One character is 2-A, so I imagine this match isn't doable now?

AoCF and ULiL are different games. AoCF takes place after ULiL so i dont remember still talking about sealing the occult balls? Also The Dream World thingie is really finnicky especially since other verses like pokemon and DMC are much more thorough in their cosmology while touhou isn't that serious.
1. Yes, she does attempt to seal the Occult Balls. (this happens in ULiL, the Occult Balls aren't even in AoCF)
2. Touhou not being "serious" with its cosmology means nothing. It gives enough context for it to meet the standards of a higher dimension. That's all you need.
In AoCF she was cooperating with miko to investigate the incident where she met the sisters, after getting beaten because of their perfect possession technique she didn't plan to go and seal them to prevent them from causing more troubles(Though I can see where you are coming from with your reasoning). In HM I can sort of agree with what you say but FDS where she met a possessed satori but she still didn't use her sealing magic. Also as I have said we still don't know how the sealing works since we don't have an onscreen view of how it works. Are we sure it even works on living beings?
She didn't know Satori was possessed. Literally the entire plan hinged on Flandre finding Mizuchi and beating her ass. Byakuren didn't really have a major role. Also, you could make this argument for literally any ability any character possesses; "Why didn't Reimu just seal the Yorigamis", "Why didn't Yukari just erase them", "Why didn't Shinmyoumaru just wish them away with the Miracle Mallet", "Why didn't Reisen just drive them insane/mind control them", repeat ad infinitum. Touhou's plots always hinge on characters not using every stupidly busted ability they have, because if they did, there wouldn't be a plot.

Something like, "Why doesn't Yukari solve almost every incident if she can do it at any time" ?
Yes, exactly.
image.png

oh hey Fuji lmao, didnt expect you to come around. But yeah i was trying to explain why Byakuren could seal Flonne away (and im pretty sure Touhou when it gets its upgrades is gonna be somewhere in Tier 1 anyways?)

oh hey Fuji lmao, didnt expect you to come around. But yeah i was trying to explain why Byakuren could seal Flonne away (and im pretty sure Touhou when it gets its upgrades is gonna be somewhere in Tier 1 anyways?)
Byakuren's sealing should work here, yeah. And Touhou will be tier 1, but it won't be 7D. Not here, at least.

Back