• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kaguya Downgrade (not overall stats, just super hax)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no issue w/ this thread being temporary on pause/closed. Yall do what yall need to do to get the forum running.

I have issues with that 4-B calc that is being proposed. It's seemingly modelling the attack of the ETSO as an explosion with a radius reaching from the planet to the star but I don't think that's necessarily what would have happened.
I think this makes sense based on what's shown in that particular sequence of events.

Actually, it doesn't.
We never saw Kaguya finish the ETSB, so, the Explosion theory is just as questionable as the Expansion..

Wasn't it shown to be expanding in that particular scene? The explosion wasn't even mentioned anywhere there. As such it is just headcanon. Expansion makes more sense going by Occam's razor, plus it is the safer end to go with.

Wasn't it shown to be expanding in that particular scene? The explosion wasn't even mentioned anywhere there. As such it is just headcanon. Expansion makes more sense going by Occam's razor, plus it is the safer end to go with.

Indeed. Nowhere was it stated or implied to explode.

Wasn't it shown to be expanding in that particular scene?
Kaguya's ETSB was growing from absorbing the chakra, but as already mentioned the whole thing wasn't finished.
The explosion wasn't even mentioned anywhere there. As such it is just headcanon. Expansion makes more sense going by Occam's razor, plus it is the safer end to go with.
Indeed. Nowhere was it stated or implied to explode.
And nowhere was it stated to delete the Dimension by just expanding, and we have seen TSB explode. You are making a final decision about the technique that you actually haven't seen operate.
Both are assumptions, just, don't make it look like the Expansion theory is a better one, again, the scene wasn't finished, we don't know what would actually happen.

i havent touched naruto since it ended but someone in the calc reply said this which could help

the name is ESTB (Expansive Truth Seeking Ball).

And it is said that it is basically a Gudoudama, only of much larger proportions. And Gudoudama herself is capable of exploding, that was shown by Obito. In the official colored manga, it explodes with a blue color.

so I think the calc is valid if what he said is true

"They are also capable of causing massive explosions by rapidly expanding their size"

This is a part of the TSOs description from VSBW.

Is this accurate?

@OneBleachHurricane; the TSO's have been able to do that. But this seems like a case of conflating two separate abilities. It's not like Obito is creating dimensions when he explodes his TSO's.

The process wasn't finished, sure. But the process was still that of expansion, not explosion. Both are ultimately assumptions, yes. That's why we go by Occam's razor and reach the conclusion which has the least assumptions, and from what was shown in this particular scene, it's expansion not explosion. Also, we are obviously not going to go with an assumption that is the absolute highest interpretation. In fact, we do the opposite here. When in doubts like this, we always go with the lower and safer end.

In all honesty, I don't even consider it explosion. It just looks like huge and fast expansion, since it shrank and came back to Obito.

@OneBleachHurricane; the TSO's have been able to do that. But this seems like a case of conflating two separate abilities. It's not like Obito is creating dimensions when he explodes his TSO's.
My question was more in regards to the wording of the TSO itself, because why is it called an explosion if it only expands rapidly.

And also I don't know where you got Obito creating dimesions from my question.

If there’s gonna be a discussion on creation feats as a whole later, then shouldn’t this just be paused until that discussion happens?

@LordTracer can you tell an admin or a mod that they can pause or close this thread until the creation CRT is done? I'm more interested in that then in this, since that one holds more weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back