• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

J'zargo isn't a fool: J'zargo vs the Fool's Idol

Well the scooma dealer has wards, who up scale quite a bit from his own AP, to deal with almost all of the Doll's attacks. He also has paralysis which is quite handy.

That said I haven't played Demon's Souls so know nothing about the character, if someone could explain what they do and how the resurrection works it would be nice.

When she dies the person with her (usually out of the room, but for this fight they're in eyesight) rings a bell resurrecting the Idol. She also has paralysis (or at least her electricity can paralyze you) and it comes from the floor and sky (but where it spawns is slightly random but there's multiple runes that spawn at once). She can also make duplicates of herself while teleporting away. Her biggest problem is (if this isn't a gameplay mechanic) that she isn't bloodthirsty and likes to take her time, but she does have resurrection so if she dies she probably gets another shot to try harder the second time.

Well that doesn't sound too bad. The paralysis sounds dodgeable. Is the teleportation instant, are the clones she make of herself as powerful as she is and how much clones can she make and how many times can she resurrect?

Sorry for not being able to respond earlier. The teleportation isn't instant. There are about 5 to 6 clones and they are mostly comparable to the real idol (can kill people on par with the Idol and can survive hits from people that can kill the real Idol). She can resurrect as long as the guy resurrecting her stays alive (which, I should mention, rings a bell when he does it so J'zargo is probably going to notice).

So sounds like the clones are the biggest problem here, but J'zargo does have AoE versions of his spells. She can't spam the teleportation as effectively if it isn't instant so that's good for J'zargo. If he manages to put her down once and she gets resurrected, it all comes down to whether he can take down the bell guy. So how powerful is he?

The bell guy is around the Idols level, but he doesn't have that much going for him. He should be really easy to take down. Just want to point out, the clones spawn on completely different parts of the room, they usually are no where close to each other.

Well I can see this going either way but, maybe this is my bias talking, I can see J'zargo take this 5.5/10. I believe he can take her down the first time and I believe he would be able to deduct that the guy ressed her, so I can see him paralyzing her when she resses again and going for the guy and then going for her.

I was just watching a play through of Demon Souls and the Fool's Idol actually gets more and more aggressive as the fight goes on and her clones can summon the lightning runes that paralyze you directly on you (they instantly fire too) it's just that she herself randomly summons many of them around the room. Some of her attacks also go through walls (though the room this fight takes place in doesn't have any cover in the first place).

Ignore the going through walls part, Demon Souls is just a very old game.

Literally two seconds after the first clip I watched the main Idol instantly paralyzed someone from all the way across the room.

I don't think they're standard equipment, so no summons, but he does have the anti undead ones since they're his.

Back