• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jungle Juice / YLab Discussion Thread

I'm gonna upgrade Huijin w/ Black Thorns to baseline Small Building level, given how the spiked ends were capable of piercing the Black Island specimen's exoskeletons (>11.78 MJ/Wall level+), as well as tearing through Hyeona's silk, which even Gayeon Sin didn't try to break with blunt force (~18.46 MJ/Wall level+) and instead used her stinger to cut. Images here

Although I don't know whether to keep it as "Wall level+ with Black Thorns, Small Building level with piercing damage" due to the relatively small cross-section of the spikes compared to her fist, or just have it as "Small Building level" with Black Thorns for simplicity
I think you should make a CRT first

Anywho, between the two options-
Although I don't know whether to keep it as "Wall level+ with Black Thorns, Small Building level with piercing damage" due to the relatively small cross-section of the spikes compared to her fist, or just have it as "Small Building level" with Black Thorns for simplicity
Which one is better?

I'm gonna upgrade Huijin w/ Black Thorns to baseline Small Building level, given how the spiked ends were capable of piercing the Black Island specimen's exoskeletons (>11.78 MJ/Wall level+), as well as tearing through Hyeona's silk, which even Gayeon Sin didn't try to break with blunt force (~18.46 MJ/Wall level+) and instead used her stinger to cut. Images here

Tricky ngl. I think it's safer to go with the former since it's only with that attack

Welp, gonna flip a coin on that later then.

As a side note- I think I can finally finish Breeder's profile after resolving a paradox in the current scaling, as I've discovered probably the stupidest form of Empowerment I've seen.

So, the issue with Breeder's scaling is that his showings and statements of speed and power put him in two consistent, but very far apart levels.

Scaling A:
  • Threw around Eyewear Suchan
  • Caught Eyewear Suchan with his webs, but was blitzed by his Hare Coursing
  • Would've been seriously injured by his Hunting Rifle had he not already had a web up beforehand
  • So Wall level AP, Subsonic+ Speed

Scaling B:
  • One-shot initial Complex Runaway Suchan at the Warehouse
  • Caught and restrained a serious Gayeon Sin, dodged an attack from Jun Ji
  • Stated to be about as powerful as Professor Ji, if not more so by Huijin
  • So Wall level+ AP, Supersonic Speed

And then I realized that the difference between those showings was whether or not he was wearing his bubble helmet, which kinda makes sense considering that as an aquatic arthropod, he should be stronger in the water but also like...

Being able to amp yourself to Jun Ji's level, with a small bubble that can be destroyed in a single kick from Hyeseong (or a big bubble that Pre-Midterms Huijin can one-shot) is so freaking dumb.

Anywho, spiders in Jungle Juice continue to be ridiculous glass cannons.

Figured I should make this with Season 2 coming out in "Early 2023"- in the meantime, feel free to ask questions such as who-scales-to-what.

s0mtxr69tpq61.jpg

(If more Superstring and Bluestring webtoons get profiles on this wiki, then I might change this to a full on YLab Discussion Thread, but for now since there's only Jungle Juice and a Study Group Profile, the jury's out)
How would hyung react To the profiles we made for his characters?

...The only high quality panels of Daun I can find that don't have Hyeona holding on to her or obscuring her from the camera are the yoga scenes.

yo guys how are you doing? hope good
Still waiting for these two calc blogs to be evaluated...
also when Jungle juice will be back?
According to Chapter 84, Season 2 would be out in "Early 2023", which could mean anything from next week to March or even April.

However, hopefully it'll be in February since Hyeong Eun did a New Years Q&A on his instagram, and said it'd be out "Soon", but the specifics are still unknown.

Alright, The Re-Calcs blog got accepted, which just means that the Leader's calc got added, while Gigantea's full body attacks have been slightly buffed for both keys (Weakened: 81 MJ -> 98 MJ, while Healthy: ~650 MJ -> ~880 MJ), while Dohwa's LS calc got slightly nerfed (24.9 tonnes -> 18.3 tonnes)

I didn't like the current calcs used for the lowest Transonic and Supersonic folk (The Mantis's Soda Cut & Jun Ji's Punch Dodge) for a lot of reasons-
  • Jun Ji's calc implied that he moved the entire meter in the time it took Suchan to move the small distance between his fist and Jun Ji's face, even though Suchan had moved way farther forward in the next panel with him and Jun Ji
  • The Mantis's forelimb similarly didn't need to move the entire cut distance in the time it took the soda cup to approach his face, only the distance required to hack the thing in two. Also, the Mantis being that fast in general at that point- given how he was going through withdrawal and was weakened compared to after he fed- makes no sense considering that Suchan actually managed to just barely avoid one of his attacks before he even used his wings yet
As such, I made replacement speed calcs for them- along with calcing Lab Gear Suchan's Hunting Rifle and Hunter's Force Suchan's Air Gun based on the Mach Cone equation since the shockwaves for those attacks are canonically Sonic Booms. The scaling is as follows- (basically the same as before, just based on different feats)

Maehwa's Calc (321.9 m/s)-
  • Maehwa (performed the feat)
  • Fully Dialed Dragon Vision + Knuckle Guard Tactical Gloves Suchan- or just Lab Gear Suchan for short (Could just about keep up with her, albeit barely)
  • Post-Midterms Huijin (At least- kept up with Maehwa better than Lab Gear Suchan did, overwhelmed the Old Man after getting in close range)
  • Weakened Gigantea's Torso (Likely- gave Lab Gear Suchan trouble)
Seyoung Moon's Calc (455.7 m/s)-
  • Seyoung Moon (performed the feat)
  • Lab Gear Suchan's Hare Coursing (Similarly overwhelmed Gigantea)
  • Jun Ji (Immediately disarmed Maehwa upon her getting in range, despite her being able to catch Lab Gear Suchan w/ Hare Coursing with her Analytical Prediction)
  • Gayeon Sin (Fought Jun Ji)
  • Breeder w/ Water Bubble or Underwater (Intercepted a serious Gayeon Sin, dodged an attack from Jun Ji)
  • Healthy Gigantea (Intercepted an attack from Jun Ji)
  • Roach's Form Maehwa (Fought Jun Ji)
  • Post-Midterms Complex Runaway Suchan (Overwhelmed Roach's Form Maehwa)
  • Post-Feeding Suchan (Should be at least comparable to his Complex Runaway, yeeted Seyoung Moon although she kicked his shit later)
  • Post-Midterms Huijin (Likely- considered Maehwa to be "Not that fast" while Maehwa noted her speed, was able to intercept hits from Post-Feeding Suchan and Seyoung Moon)
  • Post-Prison Release Junhyeong w/ Black Mamba (Possibly- Pierced Pil, Breeder's transporter, who could catch a serious Gayeon Sin and dodge hits from Post-Midterms Huijin, although Junhyeong caught him by surprise)
  • Post-Midterms Hyeona's Reactions & Attack Speed with silk (At least- saved Lab Gear Suchan w/ Hare Coursing from running into Maehwa's blades, stopped Post-Feeding Suchan, shielded herself and Daun from an explosion despite being caught off-guard)
Given how Black Devil Hyeonbin got intercepted by Maehwa, his speed's gonna get dropped to "At least Subsonic+" for overwhelming the Old Man, who could just manage to dodge Hyeseong's Scythe Kick while being restrained, with Hyeseong hitting the Imago Antlion with it, who kept up with Dragon Vision Suchan.

Now I just gotta get the calcs evaluated...

Last edited:
what is going to change with these calcs above?
Ratings wise? Literally nothing- the Transonic folk are still Transonic and the Supersonic folk are still Supersonic

Numbers wise- it's a slight increase (313.0 m/s -> 321.9 m/s and 393.7 m/s -> 455.7 m/s)

Last edited:
hey guys just a curious question, but who do you guys think are the strongest characters right now?
Going by per individual attack and not just special moves, otherwise the answer would obviously be Jun Ji-

(In no particular order) The Leader (kicked Hunter's Force Suchan's ass despite not even using his Origin of Species), the Dean (Cut the friggin' sky), Breeder's new pet (Basically looks like Gigantea 2.0 from what we've seen so far), and whoever the heck is Propolis Rank 1 (We saw Rank 5, 4, and 2- who's the Team Leader- but not Rank 1 or 3).

Honestly I wonder if Bidan Lee's strong, considering how she's the top Sophomore student, even if it's a science class. Plus, Jewel Beetles are tree killing pests like Longhorn Beetles, and her being a Valedictorian Candidate should mean that she's in Propolis. (Or maybe she's just the fanservice character and I'm overthinking things.)

Last edited:
how strong are Jewel beetles? the way you said seems like they are very strong

about the Leader, i think his complex might be a moth, you know can see in the dark and the wings seemed more of that insect

also for me the strongest i mean, the one who has the best scores in these categories: Skill, experience, intelligence and Combat intelligence, Equipment and hax

you can make a top 10 to help you

how strong are Jewel beetles? the way you said seems like they are very strong
Well, their larval forms are the one's doing the tree-killing, Longhorn Beetles are similar. Jewel Beetle larva are "Flathead Borers" while Longhorn Beetle larva are "Roundhead Borers". But their mandibles are harder than some stainless steels so there's that.
about the Leader, i think his complex might be a moth, you know can see in the dark and the wings seemed more of that insect
He's 100% a Robber Fly / Assassin Fly- he's got only two wings which is an immediately indicator that he's a dipteran, meaning some kind of fly.

And on top of that, the shot where he lands on Suchan and impales him midflight is a trademark of Robber Flies, who's aerial agility is so good they're one of the few insects which catch their prey midflight, and their long reach has let them take down dragonflies several times their size- which is fitting with Suchan being a Jumbo Dragonfly.
also for me the strongest i mean, the one who has the best scores in these categories: Skill, experience, intelligence and Combat intelligence, Equipment and hax
Skill, Experience, and Combat Intelligence are all closely related imo but alright.

For Hax, Gayeon's Nervous System control is obviously the current winner, with Huijin's regen/resurrections in second, and Junhyeong's poison-spam taking third

He's 100% a Robber Fly / Assassin Fly- he's got only two wings which is an immediately indicator that he's a dipteran, meaning some kind of fly.

And on top of that, the shot where he lands on Suchan and impales him midflight is a trademark of Robber Flies, who's aerial agility is so good they're one of the few insects which catch their prey midflight, and their long reach has let them take down dragonflies several times their size- which is fitting with Suchan being a Jumbo Dragonfly.
i have never heard of this type of fly, if its really this, i'm gonna tell you good job
Skill, Experience, and Combat Intelligence are all closely related imo but alright.

For Hax, Gayeon's Nervous System control is obviously the current winner, with Huijin's regen/resurrections in second, and Junhyeong's poison-spam taking third
thanks

Note on the Predator's profiles- while LINE's official English translation uses "The Origin of the Predator Species" for the Predator's borrowed Complex forms, the original Korean already displayed the name in English as "The Origin of Species", so that's what's being used.

Aside from being easier to say, the name's literally a reference to Charles Darwin's "On the Origin of Species", so it's more accurate.

Also, which image do y'all think would be better for Maehwa's profile? 1 or 2-

Naw, I was referring to the S1 ending.
Ah, yeah it reminded me of those trailers for whenever a new character gets an invitation ticket to Super Smash Brothers

As for Youngha's profiles, I'm trying to think of what his Attack Potency would be, since the two main AP feats I can think of are Goliath on Roids leaving the mesh fencing red hot, and Red Brick breaking the floor of the ring, and Youngha didn't beat either of them with pure AP.

There are AP feats for early series Youngha, since he does straight-up put deep ass holes in the PVP stadium in his first fight.

He also literally shatters a brick with his bare fist.

There are AP feats for early series Youngha, since he does straight-up put deep ass holes in the PVP stadium in his first fight.

He also literally shatters a brick with his bare fist.
True, although that's only in the Kilojoules from a glance.

There's also the occasional multiplier thrown around, like folk who did drugs while working out displaying a 30-fold difference compared to those just working out, or the Generals being 16 times stronger than the Hunters, although I'm not sure how those hold up.

so any news about the return of Jungle juice?
Surprisingly no. Not, that I haven't been checking YLab's instagram regularly.

January's big thing was Hanlim Gym Season 2 coming out, while February's big thing was Island Part 2 (the part relevant to Superstring iirc) having a live action thing, so I'm hoping for March. (Any later than March and you're pushing the definition of "Early 2023" imo)

Are you going to combine all the verses that are related to Ylab into one verse?

Similar to Lookism

Back