• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tweak 1: Adding limited Light Manipulation to profiles

The lighting-up of appendages while breaking the balance between instinct and reason is an in-universe phenomenon, not an artistic effect (Scene). As such, everyone who's used a Defense Mechanism, has a Complex Runaway state, or both, gets limited Light Manipulation with whatever body part/tattoo that lights up being specified.

The exception is Jun Ji, who should get it because explosions are really freaking bright and I somehow forgot to give him Light Manipulation when I made his profile, and Gigantea, who just doesn't get it as he use Defense Mechanisms or Complex Runaway on account of being a Feed-Trained Specimen.

Tweak 2:
I didn't like the current calcs used for the lowest Transonic and Supersonic folk (The Mantis's Soda Cut & Jun Ji's Punch Dodge) for a lot of reasons-
  • Jun Ji's calc implied that he moved the entire meter in the time it took Suchan to move the small distance between his fist and Jun Ji's face, even though Suchan had moved way farther forward in the next panel with him and Jun Ji
  • The Mantis's forelimb similarly didn't need to move the entire cut distance in the time it took the soda cup to approach his face, only the distance required to hack the thing in two. Also, the Mantis being that fast in general at that point- given how he was going through withdrawal and was weakened compared to after he fed- makes no sense considering that Suchan actually managed to just barely avoid one of his attacks before he even used his wings yet
As such, I made replacement speed calcs for them- along with calcing Lab Gear Suchan's Hunting Rifle and Hunter's Force Suchan's Air Gun based on the Mach Cone equation since the shockwaves for those attacks are canonically Sonic Booms. The scaling is as follows- (basically the same as before, just based on different feats)

Maehwa's Calc (321.9 m/s)-
  • Maehwa (performed the feat)
  • Fully Dialed Dragon Vision + Knuckle Guard Tactical Gloves Suchan- or just Lab Gear Suchan for short (Could just about keep up with her, albeit barely)
  • Post-Midterms Huijin (At least- kept up with Maehwa better than Lab Gear Suchan did, overwhelmed the Old Man after getting in close range, intercepted a swipe from a weakened Gigantea with the chainsaw)
  • Weakened Gigantea's Torso (Likely- gave Lab Gear Suchan trouble)
Seyoung Moon's Calc (455.7 m/s)-
  • Seyoung Moon (performed the feat)
  • Lab Gear Suchan's Hare Coursing (Similarly overwhelmed Gigantea)
  • Jun Ji (Immediately disarmed Maehwa upon her getting in range, despite her being able to catch Lab Gear Suchan w/ Hare Coursing with her Analytical Prediction)
  • Gayeon Sin (Fought Jun Ji)
  • Breeder w/ Water Bubble or Underwater (Intercepted a serious Gayeon Sin, dodged an attack from Jun Ji)
  • Healthy Gigantea (Intercepted an attack from Jun Ji)
  • Roach's Form Maehwa (Fought Jun Ji)
  • Post-Midterms Complex Runaway Suchan (Overwhelmed Roach's Form Maehwa)
  • Post-Feeding Suchan (Should be at least comparable to his Complex Runaway, yeeted Seyoung Moon although she kicked his shit later)
  • Post-Midterms Huijin (Likely- considered Maehwa to be "Not that fast" while Maehwa noted her speed, was able to intercept hits from Post-Feeding Suchan and Seyoung Moon)
  • Post-Prison Release Junhyeong w/ Black Mamba (Possibly- Pierced Pil, Breeder's transporter, who could catch a serious Gayeon Sin and dodge hits from Post-Midterms Huijin, although Junhyeong caught him by surprise)
  • Post-Midterms Hyeona's Reactions & Attack Speed with silk (At least- saved Lab Gear Suchan w/ Hare Coursing from running into Maehwa's blades, stopped Post-Feeding Suchan, shielded herself and Daun from an explosion despite being caught off-guard)
Given how Black Devil Hyeonbin got intercepted by Maehwa, his speed's gonna get dropped to "At least Subsonic+" for overwhelming the Old Man, who could just manage to dodge Hyeseong's Scythe Kick while being restrained, with Hyeseong hitting the Imago Antlion with it, who kept up with Dragon Vision Suchan.
Tweak 3:
Pre-Midterms Huijin is currently listed as
  • At least Wall level (Scaling to Fishbowl Busting calc), possibly higher (Punched hard enough to break her own hands while fighting the Earwig), Wall level+ with Black Thorns (Scaling to 20% Dohwa's calc)
With the Earwig's non-armored body having this durability calc, and Huijin managing to deflect, clash with, and even seemingly harm the Earwig's armored pincer-noodle-arm-thingy, her [possibly higher] rating will specifically scale to the Earwig's durability. The reason for the "possibly" is because despite the Earwig's reactions, she still never inflicts any visible lasting damage on the armored arm, and she doesn't get any hits on his regular body because the arm keeps her out of range. She still [possibly] scales to it for making the Earwig feel pain on multiple occasions, despite said arm being more durable than his normal body.

The piercing damage of her combat knuckles are going to have a separate value which upscales to baseline Small Building level, given how the spiked ends were capable of piercing the Black Island specimen's exoskeletons (>12.41 MJ/Wall level+), as well as tearing through Hyeona's silk, which even Gayeon Sin (>18.46 MJ/Wall level+) used her stinger to cut instead of trying to break with blunt force. (Scenes) The reason why only the spikes are Small Building level and not Huijin w/ Black Thorns in general is because the Black Island specimen were only pierced by the points of her knuckles, and were still shrugging off her hits in general prior to Huijin using grappling. So, she's gonna be upgraded to this-
  • At least Wall level (Scaling to Fishbowl Busting calc), possibly higher (Seemingly damaged the Earwig on multiple occasions), Wall level+ with Black Thorns (Scaling to 20% Hardness Dohwa), Small Building level with piercing damage (The spikes could puncture the Black Island feed-trained specimen's exoskeletons and tear Hyeona's silk)
For scaling changes, this slight buff in Huijin's AP only affects Jangjun Kim in the water for him totally overpowering her, and he doesn't have a profile yet.
Tweak 4:
On the topic of armored limbs, it's worth noting that on several occasions do character's state that, ignoring how Insect Humans are more durable than regular people in general, manifested exoskeletal parts are specifically more durable than the rest of them. The Mantis's forelimbs, Armored Ground Cricket's thorax, Gigantea's carapace- all of these are noted to be more durable than their human bits. (Scenes).

As such, like Mirko with Rabbit, Hyeseong's upper body durability should not scale to his Katydid Legs' AP Feat (1.35 Megajoules). It's not much of a nerf though, considering that he can still block hits from a casual Dohwa with his arms, meanwhile Suchan thinks Dohwa's capable of beating up any guy on campus despite personally witnessing the Longhorn Beetle punch through a tree (1.18 Megajoules). So Hyeseong's unequipped/no Defense Mechanisms durability goes from this to this-
  • Wall level (Frequently gets into fights with Dohwa Cheon)
  • Wall level (Can block hits from a casual Dohwa Cheon), higher for his legs (Insect Human's exoskeletal parts are specifically more durable than their human parts)
Technically this would also change his AP, but Hyeseong fights nigh-exclusively with kicks, so that can be ignored. This slight nerf in Hyeseong's torso durability affects the scaling like so-
  • Jangjum Kim on land (Broke Hyeseong's nose and knocked him unconscious, although this was with a surprise attack)
  • Base / Unequipped Suchan (Beat Jangjun Kim after pulling him out of the water)
  • Changhun Yu (Staggered Hyeseong with hits to his torso)
  • Post-Midterm Daun's physicals (Scales above Changhun for really long reason I put on her profile)
The other slight change from this is that Dohwa's scorpion tail is gonna be slightly more durable than the rest of her for the same armoring reasons, but that scales to literally no one.
Tweak 5: Adding Hyeona & Daun's Profiles

Speaking of Daun- this last thing is not actually a tweak, just a statement that Hyeona and Daun's profiles are basically done, I just need these calcs evaluated first.

TL;DR: Here are some small changes to a Verse I do a bunch of things for- please evaluate these two blogs so I can implement them.

Last edited:
For the stuff that's purely calc evaluation based and has nothing to do with rescaling or new abilities- in other words Hyeona & Daun's profiles- can I add them to the Verse Page now that I've gotten the calcs needed for their profiles done?

For the stuff that's purely calc evaluation based and has nothing to do with rescaling or new abilities- in other words Hyeona & Daun's profiles- can I add them to the Verse Page now that I've gotten the calcs needed for their profiles done?
If a CGM approves of the calcs, then you gotta make a CRT so the thread mods can approve of it, then you should be okay to apply them.

If all of these were done, then you can probably apply them.

Your CRT has many funny names.
Specifically the bug-speak, the Korean, or the fact that the webtoon's called "Jungle Juice"?
Also, this seems fine. Though I do have an inquiry: specific body part durability?
Hyeseong's Katydid (Think grasshopper but with longer antennae) Legs- which are meant for jumping and have exoskeletal bits and lines of serrations down the sides- should be more durable that his human looking upper body, as it's referenced repeatedly in-story that the buggy parts of Insect Humans are more durable than their human parts

Specifically the bug-speak, the Korean, or the fact that the webtoon's called "Jungle Juice"?
Yes.
Hyeseong's Katydid (Think grasshopper but with longer antennae) Legs- which are meant for jumping and have exoskeletal bits and lines of serrations down the sides- should be more durable that his human looking upper body, as it's referenced repeatedly in-story that the buggy parts of Insect Humans are more durable than their human parts
I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back