• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen: Yuta Okkotsu Revamp

Sure for now. I will wait for more feats.

I will save my laughing when Yuta throws his hands on Sukuna who is Gojo level

You mean the third year? Was Hakari only the one? He was literally kicked out of jujutsu high from year ago there is no way he was talking about him. It doesn't even make sense when context for Todo was talking about getting them participate in tournament.
By that point Hakari was the only known 3rd year and tbh isnt Kirara the only other 3rd year? I doubt Todo means her

Also are we seriously saying Hakari’s output is greater the Yuta’s simply because Kashimo said it was high and Ryu who has the highest ever said it wasn’t all that? That is not conclusive enough to say Hakari’s is just outright better.

Now I dont think with current info we can say Yuta’s output is higher either but I just dont think those statements are enough to prove Hakari has higher output then Yuta.

Also are we seriously saying Hakari’s output is greater the Yuta’s simply because Kashimo said it was high and Ryu who has the highest ever said it wasn’t all that? That is not conclusive enough to say Hakari’s is just outright better.

Now I dont think with current info we can say Yuta’s output is higher either but I just dont think those statements are enough to prove Hakari has higher output then Yuta.
KT has already addressed these points. Nonetheless, the Todo statement places Base Hakari below Yuta. Yuta's own statement suggests that Yuta is weaker than Jackpot Hakari. However, Gojo, who has interacted with both of them and trained them, consistently makes statements for them being relative.

The only difference between them is that Hakari has a statement for better cursed energy output, while Yuta's statement works based on having large cursed energy. Therefore, Yuta's statement of Jackpot Hakari being stronger than him is credible enough. Anyway, I understand that Yuta fans might nitpick words, so if you don't believe it, that's on you. I'm going to take what's written in the narrative instead of nitpicking one statement and ignoring others. Let's agree to disagree if you don't share the same interpretation.

Yuta's own statement suggests that Yuta is weaker than Jackpot Hakari. However, Gojo, who has interacted with both of them and trained them, consistently makes statements for them being relative.
The narrator, twice, states that Yuta is the second most powerful sorcerer in the modern era, sans Gojo. There is no evidence to suggest that this would exclude Hakari, and the narrator would be far more knowledgeable than Yuta, meaning we can disregard Yuta’s own statement, especially since even in-verse, it’s contested.

The only difference between them is that Hakari has a statement for better cursed energy output, while Yuta's statement works based on having large cursed energy.
This was already addressed, Yuji admits he is surging with CE, including his katana, which is output.

Anyway, I understand that Yuta fans might nitpick words, so if you don't believe it, that's on you. I'm going to take what's written in the narrative instead of nitpicking one statement and ignoring others.
This isn’t to mention the other narrative implications that characters hold Yuta to a higher regard. When about to be sealed away, Gojo first thinks of Yuta to stop his plans (mind you Yuta is an another continent at that point in the story), not Hakari. When noting the best chance to defeat Sukuna after Gojo’s defeat, Kenjaku specifies Yuta in the heavy hitters, not Hakari. When confronted to go out to fight Mahoraga and Agito, Maki acknowledges Yuta is the insurance, not Hakari. When surveyed by his cursed spirits, Kenjaku acknowledges Yuta, explicitly calling him “their no.2”, not Hakari.

There are so many statements that narratively out Yuta above Hakari that trying to rely on:

• a highly contentious in-verse statement
  • Gojo stating they’re relative

To prove Hakari is stronger simply isn’t enough. Yuta has consistent backing, Hakari does not, and it would be foolish not to take the more narratively consistent argument of up to 6 statements proving Yuta is JJK’s High’s strongest.

I yesterday sent this in discussion thread and I'm gonna post this here. Ignore the glazing by the guy. Just look at the scans. Gojo consistently considered Yuta and Hakari on same level and exceptional.

I posted multiple scans where Hakari, and Yuta are portrayed on the same level by Gojos POV. Yuta, with unusual abilities including Rika and Copy Abilities, is second only to Gojo, not just in strength. Whether Rika is stronger than Hakari or vice versa doesn't matter to me. Maki's statement might refer to Yuta's overall abilities, not just strength. In the same panel, Yuta mentions handling Agito and Maho with Rika, and Hakari points out Gojo having both of them as backup. The "or" in the statement implies they're on the same level. Maki referring to Yuta as backup makes sense when you consider his multiple abilities and teaming up with Rika. I don't buy the twist of words in Kenjaku's statement, he was talking about Yuta having the second-highest Cursed Energy, not being the second strongest in Jujutsu High. If the staff agrees with your interpretation, feel free to apply what's accepted. I just don't agree with it.

Does Yuta being stronger or weaker than JP Hakari even matter for his scaling? The low 7-C comes from scaling to JJK 0 Gojo, the Hakari stuff is just supporting evidence

Fair tho i personally agree with Yuta > Jp Hakari
I posted multiple scans where Hakari, and Yuta are portrayed on the same level by Gojos POV. Yuta, with unusual abilities including Rika and Copy Abilities, is second only to Gojo, not just in strength. Whether Rika is stronger than Hakari or vice versa doesn't matter to me. Maki's statement might refer to Yuta's overall abilities, not just strength. In the same panel, Yuta mentions handling Agito and Maho with Rika, and Hakari points out Gojo having both of them as backup. The "or" in the statement implies they're on the same level. Maki referring to Yuta as backup makes sense when you consider his multiple abilities and teaming up with Rika. I don't buy the twist of words in Kenjaku's statement, he was talking about Yuta having the second-highest Cursed Energy, not being the second strongest in Jujutsu High. If the staff agrees with your interpretation, feel free to apply what's accepted. I just don't agree with it.
If you genuinely believe that Kenjaku and Maki, who have had less interactions with Hakari, are more reliable than Yuta(his own strength) and Gojo (who taught both of them and believes they are on the same level in terms of knowledge about Hakari's strength) then go ahead and believe whatever you want.

I see no reason for Kenjaku, the smartest man in the entire series, to have not a single clue about Hakari’s strength. Do you think he paid no mind that Kashimo, the guy he brought back, abruptly gave 100 points to some random guy from Jujutsu High and thought nothing of it? Kenjaku has never even physically met Maki, yet he’s aware of her Heavenly Restriction. There’s just no logical way to assert that Kenjaku is ignorant on Hakari.

Kenjaku said Yuta is no big deal, but he got negged. He also claimed Higuruma was only interesting guy among awakeners, but Takaba almost stomped him, and he admitted Takaba was interesting. Where was the knowledge of takaba? No one's denying Kenjaku's intelligence, but he's not an all knowing god in the verse. Kenjaku never said anything about Yuta being above Hakari. All his statement comes from Big CE storage for Yuta, so it doesn't contradict Jackpot Hakari > Yuta. All knowing God Kenjaku not knowing about Takaba Abilities Despite Takaba teaming up with main cast already shows his knowledge on culling game players.

Kenjaku said Yuta is no big deal, but he got negged.
In comparison to Gojo. He acknowledges Yuta’s strength twice beforehand.

He also claimed Higuruma was only interesting guy among awakeners, but Takaba almost stomped him, and he admitted Takaba was interesting.
Takeba didn’t display anything impressive till that fight, Takeba himself didn’t even know how to use his power till that fight. Not applicable.

Kenjaku never said anything about Yuta being above Hakari. All his statement comes from Big CE storage for Yuta, so it doesn't contradict Jackpot Hakari > Yuta.
He acknowledges Yuta leads them, not Hakari. “Their no.2” isn’t referring to CE, it’s referring to their second strongest. Never once does Kenjaku acknowledge Hakari as someone above Yuta.

In regards to statements:

Yuta as a character is an unreliable narrator about himself because he is a chronically depressed individual. He, when given the chance, will absolutely put his friends in a superior light than himself because he is kind to a fault.

This is the same person that said that he wanted to be strong like Maki and then proceeded to beat a special grade sorcerer not 5 minutes later.

He admired Inumaki for being a second grade sorcerer while he himself was already in special grade. He then complimented that same Inunaki for his incredibleness right after performing a better version of his own technique.

Thats why when looking at statement of Yuta saying Hakari is stronger and then Maki rebuking that statement of Yuta’s immediately after, I trust Maki’s assessment more because she doesn’t have that kind of humbleness that Yuta does to put his friends in always a better light than himself.

Yuta as a character is an unreliable narrator about himself because he is a chronically depressed individual. He, when given the chance, will absolutely put his friends in a superior light than himself because he is kind to a fault.

This is the same person that said that he wanted to be strong like Maki and then proceeded to beat a special grade sorcerer not 5 minutes later.

He admired Inumaki for being a second grade sorcerer while he himself was already in special grade. He then complimented that same Inunaki for his incredibleness right after performing a better version of his own technique.

Thats why when looking at statement of Yuta saying Hakari is stronger and then Maki rebuking that statement of Yuta’s immediately after, I trust Maki’s assessment more because she doesn’t have that kind of humbleness that Yuta does to put his friends in always a better light than himself.
Cooked.

What about Gojo? He is unreliable Source too? Also Yuta in JJK0 humble not the same case showcased so far in JJK. Lets not forget Gege made that before he had plans for JJK. So it should be taken case by case. Also Here Yuta specifically mentioned Jackpot Hakari not just Hakari. If he was humble he would just said yeah Hakari Senpai is stronger than me. Maki is unreliable Source who lacks interaction with Hakari.

KT has already addressed these points. Nonetheless, the Todo statement places Base Hakari below Yuta. Yuta's own statement suggests that Yuta is weaker than Jackpot Hakari. However, Gojo, who has interacted with both of them and trained them, consistently makes statements for them being relative.

The only difference between them is that Hakari has a statement for better cursed energy output, while Yuta's statement works based on having large cursed energy. Therefore, Yuta's statement of Jackpot Hakari being stronger than him is credible enough. Anyway, I understand that Yuta fans might nitpick words, so if you don't believe it, that's on you. I'm going to take what's written in the narrative instead of nitpicking one statement and ignoring others. Let's agree to disagree if you don't share the same interpretation.
Hakari doesnt have a statement of having better Output, Hakari’s statement is literally just that its high. You can say “Well Yuta’s statement is “Its not all that”” but that statement doesn’t necessarily mean his Output isnt high just that it isn’t particularly special in Ryu’s eyes but we dont know if Ryu means his output in general isnt anything special or if it just isn’t special compared to Ryu himself who has the highest ever.

Im fine with them being relative, theres still certainly arguments that JP Hakari is stronger I still disagree with the idea that the output statements are enough to conclude Hakari has a higher output.

In comparison to Gojo. He acknowledges Yuta’s strength twice beforehand.
Kenjaku? Where?
Takeba didn’t display anything impressive till that fight, Takeba himself didn’t even know how to use his power till that fight. Not applicable.
Angel already knew about Takaba's abilities, even though Takaba himself wasn't aware of them. It's not a valid excuse to claim Kenjaku lacked information on Takaba. If he lacked information on Takaba, there is no proof for saying he has information on Jackpot Hakari either. You're basically admitting Kenjaku lacked information on some folks. The same thing happened with Yuki, he didn't have information on her. There's no indication that Kenjaku has information on Jackpot Hakari either, except that he defeated Kashimo. This brings us to the point where Jackpot Hakari is an unknown variable, just like Takaba.
He acknowledges Yuta leads them, not Hakari. “Their no.2” isn’t referring to CE, it’s referring to their second strongest. Never once does Kenjaku acknowledge Hakari as someone above Yuta.
Yuta > Base Hakari, and it won't contradict that Yuta<Jackpot Hakari. Also, quit saying it wasn't about CE. Why not highlight and show me where Kenjaku discussed strength? It wouldn't be difficult for you to point out where Kenjaku was talking about strength if that statement truly exists in the scan. Either you mark the word strength in the scan or we done with the topic.

Kenjaku? Where?
That he leads the heavy hitters, and that he’s no.2.

Angel already knew about Takaba's abilities, even though Takaba himself wasn't aware of them. It's not a valid excuse to claim Kenjaku lacked information on Takaba. If he lacked information on Takaba, there is no proof for saying he has information on Jackpot Hakari either. You're basically admitting Kenjaku lacked information on some folks. The same thing happened with Yuki, he didn't have information on her. There's no indication that Kenjaku has information on Jackpot Hakari either, except that he defeated Kashimo. This brings us to the point where Jackpot Hakari is an unknown variable, just like Takaba.
We don’t even know how Angel knows about his abilities, but we do know, objectively, Kenjaku was aware of everyone in Shinjuku, which includes Hakari. There’s absolutely no evidence at all that Hakari is some secret hidden variable, because if he was, they would’ve sent him instead.

Yuta > Base Hakari, and it won't contradict that Yuta<Jackpot Hakari.
JP Hakari isn’t stronger. There’s no force that overrides the narrator.

Also, quit saying it wasn't about CE.
No.

It wouldn't be difficult for you to point out where Kenjaku was talking about strength if that statement truly exists in the scan. Either you mark the word strength in the scan or we done with the topic.
We can be done, the general consensus already appears to be on my side, anyways.

Hakari doesnt have a statement of having better Output, Hakari’s statement is literally just that its high. You can say “Well Yuta’s statement is “Its not all that”” but that statement doesn’t necessarily mean his Output isnt high just that it isn’t particularly special in Ryu’s eyes but we dont know if Ryu means his output in general isnt anything special or if it just isn’t special compared to Ryu himself who has the highest ever.
Narratively, it's stated that Rika's fully manifested Cursed Energy output is below Ryu's, and Yuta is comparable if not inferior to Rika based on what we've seen so far.
Im fine with them being relative, theres still certainly arguments that JP Hakari is stronger I still disagree with the idea that the output statements are enough to conclude Hakari has a higher output.
Fair enough, but I disagree with disregarding Yuta's statement based on personal beliefs. While Yuta mentioned a specific version of Hakari, everyone seems to be ignoring the context itself. Additionally, as you mentioned, they are viewed as relative by Gojo's POV. When considering Gojo's situation, Yuta needs to protect the others. Gojo is aware of the threat they'll face, and he had confidence in Hakari taking care of himself, which required Yuta's level of assistance. Moreover, Gojo explicitly mentioned jumping in on Sukuna if he becomes weaker than any one of them, indicating some relativity between them.

That he leads the heavy hitters,
Need statement for Kanjaku was talking about Jackpot Hakari. Otherwise it would be just Yuta > Base Hakari. That's all.
and that he’s no.2.
No marking the word strength in the scan = Burden of proof.
We don’t even know how Angel knows about his abilities, but we do know, objectively, Kenjaku was aware of everyone in Shinjuku, which includes Hakari. There’s absolutely no evidence at all that Hakari is some secret hidden variable, because if he was, they would’ve sent him instead.
Hakari's Jackpot has a 1/229 chance of happening, so why would they send him when they can't afford to take the risk? Even if Kenjaku knows about Hakari's Jackpot, he might just not care because the chances of it occurring are 1/229. So, it doesn't really matter.
JP Hakari isn’t stronger. There’s no force that overrides the narrator.
Yutas own Statement > Maki
We can be done, the general consensus already appears to be on my side, anyways.
No marking the statement for strength = Burden of proof. Concession accepted. I guess we are done with this topic.

8-VYej4bKr1BJMk-m.jpg

Official translation stated about CE. If you disagree with official translation should bring the raws and translation source instead of using TCB scans. Now that I checked you are using TCB scans.

Just wanna say bringing up Ryu's output being > Yuta's doesn't really mean much when he has greater output than every character born before the Edo Period, and greater output than everyone in the CG including Hakari.

Output ≠ actual strength.

Official translation stated about CE. If you disagree with official translation should bring the raws and translation source instead of using TCB scans. Now that I checked you are using TCB scans.
Yeah, I used TCB here because Werry translated it weird, see the scale saying “gravity”, instead of CE.

No marking the statement for strength = Burden of proof. Concession accepted. I guess we are done with this topic.
That’s fine with me, once again, I’m winning by vast majority.

Yeah, I used TCB here because Werry translated it weird, see the scale saying “gravity”, instead of CE.
There's another translation from Scanpia that says the same thing about the amount of CE, not the strength. So, if you want to use this, you should bring the raws.
That’s fine with me, once again, I’m winning by vast majority.
KT literally Disagreed with you and said Jackpot Hakari > Yuta. Idk what you talking about winning. Are you talking about Yuta fans agreeing with your interpretations? If you think that's a win sure 😁.

Fair enough, but I disagree with disregarding Yuta's statement based on personal beliefs. While Yuta mentioned a specific version of Hakari, everyone seems to be ignoring the context itself. Additionally, as you mentioned, they are viewed as relative by Gojo's POV. When considering Gojo's situation, Yuta needs to protect the others. Gojo is aware of the threat they'll face, and he had confidence in Hakari taking care of himself, which required Yuta's level of assistance. Moreover, Gojo explicitly mentioned jumping in on Sukuna if he becomes weaker than any one of them, indicating some relativity between them.
Id be fine with having JP Hakari comparable but slightly above Yuta AP wise tbh

There's another translation from Scanpia that says the same thing about the amount of CE, not the strength. So, if you want to use this, you should bring the raws.
Not what I meant.

KT literally Disagreed with you and said Jackpot Hakari > Yuta. Idk what you talking about winning. Are you talking about Yuta fans agreeing with your interpretations? If you think that's a win sure 😁.
KT is outnumbered too, so, that’s not much of a factor. The Yuta fans are valid members, so, yes, it is. Not to mention other staff plans to join soon, anyways.

I dont think JP Hakari is above Full Manifestation Yuta but that seemingly wasnt the discussion and I dont think its unreasonable to say JP Hakari has >= AP compared to Base Yuta.

I dont think JP Hakari is above Full Manifestation Yuta but that seemingly wasnt the discussion and I dont think it’s unreasonable to say JP Hakari has >= AP compared to Base Yuta.
Well, yes? I don’t understand how people seem to believe I’m saying Base Yuta > JP Hakari. If it wasn’t known already, I’m referring to Yuta w/Rika.

I dont think JP Hakari is above Full Manifestation Yuta but that seemingly wasnt the discussion and I dont think its unreasonable to say JP Hakari has >= AP compared to Base Yuta.
I don't have a problem if people think fully manifested Rika is stronger than Hakari, but saying that Yuta is stronger than jackpot Hakari is wrong.

I mean for current Yuta Fully Manifested Rika is Yuta’s power, unlike in 0 they arnt seperate entities Rika is Yuta’s CT similar to how Judgeman is part of Higuruma’s CT.

Also, quit saying it wasn't about CE. Why not highlight and show me where Kenjaku discussed strength? It wouldn't be difficult for you to point out where Kenjaku was talking about strength if that statement truly exists in the scan.
Hakari can have infinite CE so he’d be above Yuta if it was just referring to CE.

Kenjaku when saying “their number 2” only contextually refers to their strongest, as it doesn’t make sense to refer to just one aspect of their strength. It’s a pretty clearly indication of Yuta being placed > everyone else including Hakari by being referred to as “the number 2.”

Gojo’s statement I recall only puts Hakari on the same level as Yuta, but I don’t recall him making any concrete statements about who’s stronger between the two. In fact, the fact that Gojo mentions Yuta as the one who could beat Kenjaku and not anyone else highlights that if anything Gojo would think more highly of Yuta compared to Hakari.

Hakari could be on Yuta’s level but still be weaker which goes right along with the statements and narrative portrayed in the series.

Hakari can have infinite CE so he’d be above Yuta if it was just referring to CE.

Kenjaku when saying “their number 2” only contextually refers to their strongest, as it doesn’t make sense to refer to just one aspect of their strength. It’s a pretty clearly indication of Yuta being placed > everyone else including Hakari by being referred to as “the number 2.”
8-VYej4bKr1BJMk-m.jpg

The official translation and Scanpia are both clear.it's about Cursed Energy amount, not strength. Sukuna has the highest CE in Shinjuku, with Yuta in second place. That's the context. Calling it strength doesn't make sense, as there's no statement in that chapter about strength. Kenjaku mentions keeping an eye on Jujutsu High. It's easy to track Yuta if he leaves Shinjuku due to his massive CE, as Kenjaku points out. He also mentions Maki and Mei Mei's brother as concerns. Maki lacks CE, making her hard to track, supported by Kusakabe's later statement on her for assassination. Mei Mei's brother has teleportation. All these details reveal Kenjaku's plans to keep tabs on them. Using the CE statement out of context is misleading.
Gojo’s statement I recall only puts Hakari on the same level as Yuta, but I don’t recall him making any concrete statements about who’s stronger between the two. In fact, the fact that Gojo mentions Yuta as the one who could beat Kenjaku and not anyone else highlights that if anything Gojo would think more highly of Yuta compared to Hakari.

Hakari could be on Yuta’s level but still be weaker which goes right along with the statements and narrative portrayed in the series.
I yesterday sent this in discussion thread and I'm gonna post this here. Ignore the glazing by the guy. Just look at the scans. Gojo consistently considered Yuta and Hakari on same level and exceptional.

Also this not accounting to jackpot Hakari as there is nowhere Gojo mentioned Hakari is only exception due to his Technique.

If you need some explanation for those scans here. Though I don't think you need it because you already know the context.
they are viewed as relative by Gojo's POV. When considering Gojo's situation, Yuta needs to protect the others. Gojo is aware of the threat they'll face, and he had confidence in Hakari taking care of himself, which required Yuta's level of assistance. Moreover, Gojo explicitly mentioned jumping in on Sukuna if he becomes weaker than any one of them, indicating some relativity between them.

The official translation and Scanpia are both clear.it's about Cursed Energy amount, not strength. Sukuna has the highest CE in Shinjuku, with Yuta in second place. That's the context. Calling it strength doesn't make sense, as there's no statement in that chapter about strength. Kenjaku mentions keeping an eye on Jujutsu High. It's easy to track Yuta if he leaves Shinjuku due to his massive CE, as Kenjaku points out. He also mentions Maki and Mei Mei's brother as concerns. Maki lacks CE, making her hard to track, supported by Kusakabe's later statement on her for assassination. Mei Mei's brother has teleportation. All these details reveal Kenjaku's plans to keep tabs on them. Using the CE statement out of context is misleading.
Ah whoops my mistake, I was thinking of the different statement of Kenjaku citing Yuta as the leader of the heavy hitters that would go after Sukuna if Gojo lost. And the fact that Yuta was chosen above else to immediately take care of Kenjaku after an opening was created and then hurry back as quickly as possible to help with the fight against Sukuna while Hakari fights Uruame further indicates the point that Yuta is in fact the second strongest after Gojo. Which is supported by other narrator statements as well.

Also the fact that Yuta was confident in taking care of Sukuna’s Shikigami which included Mahoraga while Gojo fought Sukuna further indicates Yuta is superior to Hakari since Hakari even with jackpot is going even with Uruame whose complete and utter fodder to characters on Gojo and Sukuna’s level.

Also this not accounting to jackpot Hakari as there is nowhere Gojo mentioned Hakari is only exception due to his Technique.

Who says this is not accounting to jackpot Hakari? Where in the statement did you come to the conclusion that Gojo isn’t accounting for Hakari’s CT when discussing his strength? He makes no mention of Hakari without his CT or in base or whatever, so when he’s talking about Hakari’s level, he’s discussing all his capabilities as his wouldn’t make sense to exclude his abilities from his assessment.

Back