• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu kaisen top tier speed downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Sorry for my bad English.

Ok so I think jjk speed now it’s too high… mhs doesn’t make really sense for many reasons.

Let start with this calc current jujutsu kaisen mhs coming from this -> https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Amost6x/Hakari_dodge_lightning

Well this seem decent calc but it base on one assumption
[ Hakari reacted to lightning and make its hit his arm instant of him head ]

Now from the look of this panel it’s look make some sense we seen lightning coming to his head then he move a little and his arm blow off instant.

But I will beg different first that panel didn’t show where lightning go and because we seen its from the sideways it’s can be either his head or his arms so we can’t be sure he redirect it’s with speed and he maybe just get hit to the arm and his movements it’s can be he just get blow away by blast (kashimo’s lightning also explodes)

Second after kashimo fail to kill hakari he commented that “if aim to the head I can kill him“ implying that he didn’t aim to hakari’s head before

Third we literally see what if kashimo aim to head hakari’s head will bulging out and explode see how it’s completely different from first time? ( hakari also can’t redirect this lightning)

Fourth after get lightning to head hakari think “this fight is dangerous!” And comment that “you almost got me kashimo!“. Well he didn’t say that first time that implies first lightning doesn’t aim to his only weakness (head)

Currently profile also say hakari is around 500 time faster than Yuta which it’s not supported by people in the story at all

In conclusion we have vaguely calculated that make on weak assumptions and it’s also big leap in term of speed stat in setting and other calculations (1-3 Mach to 500 Mach) I think we shouldn’t use this calc or take it’s as outlier.

Last edited:
The MHS calc itself has issues as well, I swear I've seen multiple threads that had widespread agreement that were to remove this rating for either inconsistency or calc issues, I really have no idea why the rating is still there.

Well I don't see any and he is bringing up good points.
it was a joke, jjk's speed is overrated despite how many fans claim otherwise,

copy pasting something i wrote like last week

there is no lightning nor light speed bits, i can maybe see the god tiers being the double digit mach range but even then the gojo vs sukuna fight had multiple timers in the seconds where they didn't cross the entire planet back to back got to the moon fought there for a bit came back exchanged billions of blows statue gravity and be invinsible to everyone(example being he 41 second timeframe in Chapter 235 where they're showed only throwing around like a couple dozen blows at most and reacting to Red before it reaches its target, no matter how you twist it, that fight cannot be happening in reltavisitc or massively hypersonic velocities) nothing in jjk supports that notion

LS anything in jjk or even lightning timing isn't exactly supported by much of anything, the power scalers usually just blow the stats out of proportions without understanding the implications the speed would have for the acual scenes, from what i remember of the fight it wasn't a constant blur of ungodly relativistic velocities, even the fact that Gojo's Red was able to loop around and strike sukuna in the same position indicates that Sukuna is standing in the same place for an amount of time not measured in the nanoseconds and the fact that gojo only manages to land one blow on Sukuna and then fails to follow it up in the 10 seconds of exposure to UV before Mahoraga emerges and shatters his domain also says a lot

as i said, i can see the god tiers being hyperonic, double digit mach? maybe

it's explicitly clear even when the god tiers fight each other to the death they're not going in massive bursts of supersonic/hypersonic velocities, they're supersonic to hypersonic, that i never denied given the mach statements we were given that gojo and sukuna scale above and i know the abovementioned feats are a low end but it makes it quite clear that jjk fights aren't happening in the super speed the fans would like you to think

i won't go to much details, idk about the OP's stuff, but the rating was deemed wrong a long time ago from what i've heard, i have no idea why it's still there

But I will beg different first that panel didn’t show where lightning go and because we seen its from the sideways it’s can be either his head or his arms so we can’t be sure he redirect it’s with speed and he maybe just get hit to the arm and his movements it’s can be he just get blow away by blast (kashimo’s lightning also explodes)
It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever for a person to aim for someone's shoulder instead of the head during a fight to the death, the only time Kashimo doesn't is when he aims for Hakari's stomach (a sorcerers second weak point) after Hakari explicitly couldn't use RCT anymore, every other time Kashimo is aiming for the head. The panel itself even suggests Hakari reacted, where previously his body wasn't front-facing Kashimo but afterwards not only is now doing so but it appears to be an interrupted running stance, further we also see Hakari's eyes dilate and widen once the lightning bolt reaches his head with the lightning bolt being positioned to his head which was ABOVE his shoulder - meaning you'd need to argue the lightning went to his head then, at the last second, dipped downwards. Seems like a very odd interpretation.
Second after kashimo fail to kill hakari he commented that “if aim to the head I can kill him“ implying that he didn’t aim to hakari’s head before

Third we literally see what if kashimo aim to head hakari’s head will bulging out and explode see how it’s completely different from first time? ( hakari also can’t redirect this lightning)

Fourth after get lightning to head hakari think “this fight is dangerous!” And comment that “you almost got me kashimo!“. Well he didn’t say that first time that implies first lightning doesn’t aim to his only weakness (head)
All of these can be explained by the fact that Hakari is now MUCH closer to Kashimo (before Hakari was several meters away, now he's within arms length), and so Kashimo being more confident in a fatal hit, Hakari failing to dodge it in the same way, and Hakari being more scared of it all makes sense within the context of the scene.
Currently profile also say hakari is around 500 time faster than Yuta which it’s not supported by people in the story at all
You're right, Yuta should be upscaled.
In conclusion we have vaguely calculated that make on weak assumptions and it’s also big leap in term of speed stat in setting and other calculations (1-3 Mach to 500 Mach) I think we shouldn’t use this calc or take it’s as outlier.
The only people who scale to Mach 500 would be people who, within the story, can solo the entirety of jujutsu society and who are regarded as existing on an entirely different plane of power compared to everyone else, is it really that much of an issue for these people to statue blitz those entire tiers below them given that's how Gege portrays it? Whenever a special grade pulls up to a grade 1, even Naoya would can reach these mach speeds, it's stated that they grow so scared of their aura alone that their insides freeze over - I see no issue in there being a huge power disparity here if that's what Gege puts into the story.

Lmfaoooo. Another mid downgrade attempt.
By the way the lightning is a sure hit attack in that positive and negative attract just saying incase anybody tryna argue that he should have been capable of dodging it or something 😂

copy pasting something i wrote like last week

it's explicitly clear even when the god tiers fight each other to the death they're not going in massive bursts of supersonic/hypersonic
garbage logic that can be applied to even other series even. 😭
Yeah I wonder why gojo and Sukuna isn't going so fast to where even Shoko shouldn't be able to perceive them. That must mean they're very slow. W logic dude.

Also why are you using travel speed arguments. Why would they have to skip to a different entire country or to the outer space? 😂

Like why are you making straight up garbage arguments like this. Does goku fighting Beerus on earth and not just going around earth billions of times, or just staying at a certain place in space mean that they're super slow too now?

Chat, can we downgrade dragon ball to below light speed or FTL for not having fights occurring in the moon and in space momentarily for some seconds and then coming back to earth or yada. no way they this fast when they can't do this chat 🙁🫵

Chat, can we downgrade dragon ball to below light speed or FTL for not having fights occurring in the moon and in space momentarily for some seconds and then coming back to earth or yada. no way they this fast when they can't do this chat 🙁🫵
Yea, or are we gonna give Bulma MFTL+ reaction speeds for perceiving Goku fight from the side-lines? Stuff like that happens constantly in fiction lol

I dont remember any of this. could you link where it was agreed?
The issue is that the calc is wrong, the true result is Mach ~6000

It was agreed here.

I never really applied anything because I was going to wait for future CRTs and for the arc to finish (this shit is still going on lol)

The issue is that the calc is wrong, the true result is Mach ~6000
Ok, so the rating gets changed right?
Is that the agreed result for it?

If so what's the issue then because the MHS cap got removed and we now have a statement supporting the notion of MHS being in the verse.

Not really, Black Flash cap doesn't really matter anymore. Mach 6000 is obviosly an outlier.
The black flash cap was the main factor last time I checked (alongside the argument "outlier"), now it is the reverse because it supports the existence of MHS.
So what's the issue here?

Ok, so the rating gets changed right?
Is that the agreed result for it?

If so what's the issue then because the MHS cap got removed and we now have a statement supporting the notion of MHS being in the verse.
Changed to Supersonic, yeah. Not MHS+. Really hard to justify this rating without any feat besides this one.
The black flash cap was the main factor last time I checked, now it is the reverse because it supports the existence of MHS.
So what's the issue here?
The Black Flash was what instantly debunked anything regarding the MHS rating, but you also have to deal with this

How are you going to justify characters jumping from Subsonic to MHS+ Mach 6000? And Hakari didn't even dodge the lightning fully, he was hit by it. Hakari being ~5x faster than lightning yet in the story he is slower?

i currently have a headache from arguing with a random teen, but i see a very distinct lack of counterarguments here other than "nuh uh those don't count", if you beleive what i said is, yk, stupid, how about explaining why that's the case by directly challenging it

garbage logic that can be applied to even other series even. 😭
go apply them then
Yeah I wonder why gojo and Sukuna isn't going so fast to where even Shoko shouldn't be able to perceive them. That must mean they're very slow. W logic dude.
i wonder why 2, also conveniently ignoring the timers i presented is a very nice move

Also why are you using travel speed arguments. Why would they have to skip to a different entire country or to the outer space? 😂
ever heard of speed = distance/time?

a fight happening in relativistic velocities or even mach 500 would have the characters crossing several orders of magnitude more distance than whatever distance gojo and sukuna ever did

Like why are you making straight up garbage arguments like this.
kindly, explain why they're garbade
because i said so isn't a reason

Does goku fighting Beerus on earth and not just going around earth billions of times, or just staying at a certain place in space mean that they're super slow too now?

one, little, tiny, very insignificant detail you forgot to mention, that fight had no timers, this one did, nice false equivalence tho

edit: dragon ball is inconsistent as ****, jjk isn't, do try to remember that when drawing any form of equivalence btw the 2 later on

The Black Flash was what instantly debunked anything regarding the MHS rating, but you also have to deal with this
To argue sometimes an outlier you need to have some basis for that, you need some in-story contradiction or implied inconsistency, simply getting the higher end feats and saying they're outliers on the basis they are higher than the lower end isn't sufficient at all.
How are you going to justify characters jumping from Subsonic to MHS+ Mach 6000?
On the basis that it's what the story shows to us via feats. Hakari reacted to lightning, Gojo can fight within the BF time frame, Kenjaku has the black hole calc, Kashimo uses electromagnetic waves, and so on, I don't see why we'd just scream outlier at this without any narrative reason to.
And Hakari didn't even dodge the lightning fully, he was hit by it. Hakari being ~5x faster than lightning yet in the story he is slower?
Because the lightning is a homing attack likened to a sure-hit? Why does everyone forget that lol, the reason why Kashimo's lightning is so dangerous isn't because it's fast but because it follows you.

i currently have a headache from arguing with a random teen, but i see a very distinct lack of counterarguments here other than "nuh uh those don't count", if you beleive what i said is, yk, stupid, how about explaining why that's the case by directly challenging it

go apply them then

i wonder why 2, also conveniently ignoring the timers i presented is a very nice move

a fight happening in relativistic velocities or even mach 500 would have the characters crossing several orders of magnitude more distance than whatever distance gojo and sukuna ever did

kindly, explain why they're garbade
because i said so isn't a reason

one, little, tiny, very insignificant detail you forgot to mention, that fight had no timers, this one did, nice false equivalence tho
The timers don't mean anything if we don't have a measurable distance, two characters standing in the same general vicinity and punching doesn't suggest they're not moving a substantial distance at all since we can't measure their blows, dodges, etc.

To argue sometimes an outlier you need to have some basis for that, you need some in-story contradiction or implied inconsistency, simply getting the higher end feats and saying they're outliers on the basis they are higher than the lower end isn't sufficient at all.

On the basis that it's what the story shows to us via feats. Hakari reacted to lightning, Gojo can fight within the BF time frame, Kenjaku has the black hole calc, Kashimo uses electromagnetic waves, and so on, I don't see why we'd just scream outlier at this without any narrative reason to.

Because the lightning is a homing attack likened to a sure-hit? Why does everyone forget that lol, the reason why Kashimo's lightning is so dangerous isn't because it's fast but because it follows you.
You just need to create a CRT to validate this calc again man. As it stands now, the calc isn't accepted anymore. Even this thread that we're discussing here makes no sense because it's trying to remove something that isn't accepted anymore. I'm just saying the issues with applying it again, that being outliers arguments and the fact that this calc falls under the dodge punch calc from a while ago.

The calc SunDaGamer proposed is wrong. The main flaw is that he assumes Hakari moves 0.294 meters within the timeframe of the lightning moving 0.055 meters. The correct way to calc it would be using the distance between the middle of Hakari's face and the end of Hakari's face for the minimum distance he needs to move, using the distance between his arm and face leaves room for error as the timeframe is no longer 0.055 meters / 440000 m/s. It would instead be 0.055 meters + the distance between the front of Hakari's face and his arm / 440000 m/s.

By that basis, outliers would never exist at all.
Good /hj

This isn't true, you can have anti-feats and a broader narrative which disagrees with certain showings which necessitate anti-feats - for instance Maki catching the bullet is very likely an anti-feat based on what the story shows us. Going based on what the story shows us should be the standard for all scaling.

The timers don't mean anything if we don't have a measurable distance, two characters standing in the same general vicinity and punching doesn't suggest they're not moving a substantial distance at all since we can't measure their blows, dodges, etc.

example being the 41 second timeframe in Chapter 235 where they're showed only throwing around like a couple dozen blows at most and reacting to Red before it reaches its target, no matter how you twist it, that fight cannot be happening in reltavisitc or massively hypersonic velocities

reach chapter 235 then, everyone who has eyes and can read can see the distance they crossed isn't a 7 thousand kms, but a couple hundred meters at best

we have clear distance crossed, and a reliable time frame, there is no arguing your way out of this as it's as explicit as it gets

How are you going to justify characters jumping from Subsonic to MHS+ Mach 6000? And Hakari didn't even dodge the lightning fully, he was hit by it. Hakari being ~5x faster than lightning yet in the story he is slower?
Are you aware of why it is a sure hit attack or not. Because Hakari didn't dodge it. He just shifted so that his head didn't get blown off but rather his arm instead.
I did. It is just garbage. Go read what you yourself wrote dude.

The answer is obvious because it is simply plot. Just for the spectators to see.
Ignoring what timers? You mean a timing that doesn't make sense either? We literally have 3 minutes pass by in couple of pages. But later on a 41 seconds takes about a whole chapter, alongside bunch of fighting and all that?
Why are we even mentioning the timers as if they even mattered? 🗿
You have gojo chilling whilst waiting for his arm to regenerate. Sukuna just standing there alongside Maho. They do some exchanges and all that. Gojo punches them away. Then he starts charging up red. Then Sukuna just stands there doing some monologue in his head.
Then they continue fighting after Gojo throws red upwards with it taking some time for Sukuna to react. Maho attempts to stop it but fails. Sukuna fires piercing water, it travels in the air and gojo punches Sukuna. Sukuna says he's late. Then gojo starts chanting. Piercing water hasn't reached red still, it continues
And then gojo and Sukuna and Mahoraga just float there in the air as blue and red fuse very slowly whilst gojo is chanting.
W 41 seconds?

Yeah and Goku doesn't do this either. Nor does a bunch of other characters in dragon ball almost ever single time despite being mftl+. Why do they have to cross large distances to fit your agenda.

edit: dragon ball is inconsistent as ****, jjk isn't, do try to remember that when drawing any form of equivalence btw the 2 later on
LMFAO. Again you're making up rules for characters to abide by when they don't have to. A fight having a timer doesn't change anything either 😭

example being the 41 second timeframe in Chapter 235 where they're showed only throwing around like a couple dozen blows at most and reacting to Red before it reaches its target, no matter how you twist it, that fight cannot be happening in reltavisitc or massively hypersonic velocities

reach chapter 235 then, everyone who has eyes and can read can see the distance they crossed isn't a 7 thousand kms, but a couple hundred meters at best

we have clear distance crossed, and a reliable time frame, there is no arguing your way out of this as it's as explicit as it gets
I don't really really care about this thread but Travel speed ≠ Combat speed. Not necessarily. You don't need to cover kms to get specific speed. Also manga author doesn't need to draw every milliseconds to entertain you so that you can power scale here. Atleast bring some better arguments.

By that basis, outliers would never exist at all.
The current basis for an outlier is that character goes from "so-and-so speed" to "so-and-so speed" and its very big me no like, while lacking an understanding of what is taking place. Initially it was the black flash cap which got disproven. The feat doesn't contradict anything either, Hakari gains an amp that puts him in the level of god tiers by feats and statements.

Most of this chapter isn't them fighting, that's why. The chapter starts off with a stare down between Gojo and Sukuna as Gojo heals his wound, then they throw a few blows, then Gojo begins charging up a red which Sukuna waits for so that Mahoraga can hit it to adapt, and then they leap and fight briefly in the air before Gojo once again begin uses incantations.

Are you going to downgrade Dragon Ball characters for the Tournament of Power where they fought for 48 minutes and yet never traversed thousands of meters? No, because not only is combat never straightforward to measure that way, there was also a lot of scenes of them talking, strategizing, and having stare downs.

Also, what's a more reliable showing of speed in a piece of media, someone dodging lightning - a near constant speed which is easily comparable and measurable - or someone having a fist fight within a 41 second frame and they, via pixel measurements or whatever you're using, fail to actually traversing a certain distance threshold via their punches, dodges, dashes, and.... dialogue? Idk why ya'll make such absurd standards for JJK lmfao

Travel speed arguments is kinda crazy 💤

again why do we have to conform to your rules for them having to travel long ass distances for their speed to make "sense" for you?. Why does the authors have to conform to that rule either? Dragon ball doesn't do this. FTL JoJo to mftl Jojo doesn't do this either.
In JJk's case the speed feats mentioned here are primarily combat speed feats.

Good /hj

This isn't true, you can have anti-feats and a broader narrative which disagrees with certain showings which necessitate anti-feats - for instance Maki catching the bullet is very likely an anti-feat based on what the story shows us. Going based on what the story shows us should be the standard for all scaling.
But do you believe that one instance where the story tells you that Hakari is a lightning timer takes precedence over dozens of times where the story shows them as sub to super sonic? It's not even like Hakari is above everyone else, like I firmly believe Naobito to be faster than him. Yuta and Yuji being relative while having Subsonic and Supersonic feats, Maki getting blitzed by Naoya at Mach 3 and only keeping up because of the senses, all of them being somewhat relative to Hakari considering their positions story-wise.
Are you aware of why it is a sure hit attack or not. Because Hakari didn't dodge it. He just shifted so that his head didn't get blown off but rather his arm instead.
Doesn't really matter man, look, lightning is accepted here as Mach 1292, the calc yields Mach 6855. That's a 5.3x difference. Even if the lightning has sure hit propertie, the fact that it took the lightning to be THAT close before Hakari could react means the lightning blitzed tf out of him. This is what we approved a few months ago. Hakari cannot be faster than this lightning because it blitzed him.

Hey man please chill a bit. I know how you feel and your instance but this isn't a place to play this card.
idk if that sounded aggressive but i kinda meant it, i didn't mean to be aggressive anyways so sorry if anyone felt off put

Last edited:
lightning is accepted here as Mach 1292, the calc yields Mach 6855. That's a 5.3x difference. Even if the lightning has sure hit propertie, the fact that it took the lightning to be THAT close before Hakari could react means the lightning blitzed tf out of him.
The calc SunDaGamer proposed is wrong. The main flaw is that he assumes Hakari moves 0.294 meters within the timeframe of the lightning moving 0.055 meters. The correct way to calc it would be using the distance between the middle of Hakari's face and the end of Hakari's face for the minimum distance he needs to move, using the distance between his arm and face leaves room for error as the timeframe is no longer 0.055 meters / 440000 m/s. It would instead be 0.055 meters + the distance between the front of Hakari's face and his arm / 440000 m/s.
😅

Idk why ya'll make such absurd standards for JJK lmfao
JJK VSBW is like that 😔
Doesn't really matter man, look, lightning is accepted here as Mach 1292, the calc yields Mach 6855. That's a 5.3x difference. Even if the lightning has sure hit propertie, the fact that it took the lightning to be THAT close before Hakari could react means the lightning blitzed tf out of him. This is what we approved a few months ago. Hakari cannot be faster than this lightning because it blitzed him.
It does matter because no matter what he does, it'll hit him. Best he can do is shift it so it hits his arm instead in that moment.
Secondly Hakari was already in movement, running towards Kashimo, just to get surprised to see him suddenly launch that attack at him, which you can see given how surprised he is. He had to stop and shift there. If Hakari was expecting it then I'd agree but this isn't the case here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back