• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu kaisen top tier speed downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, someone who dodged a technique was... blitzed by the technique... do words have meaning anymore?
It's almost like we have discussed this situation months ago and applied a rule to prevent calculations like this from being done.

Yes, characters can get blitzed by something and still manage to dodge it. The lightning was only that close to Hakari because it was too fast for him to react earlier. Same goes for Piercing Blood where Itadori was blitzed by it and when it reached a certain distance he managed to react.

Site rules. Deal with it.

Where's the contradiction here? Uraume was off-guard AND holding back and she still blocked it whilst it was right next to her face, displaying superior speed to it.
Someone 500x faster than a technique statues it in a verse where 3x (even less) can blitz people who can react to you
It wasn't a point blank feat or an attack that was invisible
You'll have a better ground to stand on if Uraume didn't comment on the technique being fast
Not a 10x difference
500x
Let's be real please

Well yeah

I don't know how is that supposed to mean anything though
Easily out speeded domain amped naoya who is just much better than the one without because of domain. Maki did it casually.

? Entire cast (except yuta) can’t perceive the 0.1 difference from gojo and sukuna domain expansion

Also they always treat supersonic attack as impressive lmao

Curseworm Naoya make entire cityblock crumbles with his barely supersonic speed , kenjaku saying gun are good weapon against sorcerer , piecing blood get treated as high speed attack , Mach 3 naoya blitz maki on and on
less than 0.01 difference. and you're also assuming that they're reinforcing their speed to perceive that? Okay man.

When did they ever treat a supersonic attack as impressive. The only one I can remember doing that are just mid tier people.
Ye guns are useful against sorcerers because guns aren't CE made. sorcerers usually have a GPS and rely on CE spark as well to usually detect a person. It's how sorcerers usually fight lol.
Literally how they gonna detect something outside of their senses? It doesn't have CE.
When did piercing blood get treated as a high speed attack.
Naoya sucks bro. he got domain amped and then blitzed by Maki 😔

Yes? If I have the expectation that someone is really slow and then they show themselves to be exceptional, even if they're still leagues below me, I'd still be shocked since my expectations were wrong. That's how expectations work.
I believe there is something that many here in this thread doesn't grasp.

If gojo got caught off guard by GW Yuji's speed in a close combat do yall think this is anti feat? No it simply isn't. Because gojo is simply just lowering his stats to where it may raise the risk of him being caught off guard.
Same goes for Uraume that held back against a top tier specifically Hakari. She did the same against Choso, who was weakened, and also saw him as a fodder. Choso wasn't even that impressive at that time whatsoever. Uraume also has no reason to go all out in CE reinforcement, either. This led to her being caught off guard and surprised. Additionally, PB is primarily a speed based attack, that's what it excels at primarily. He's kinda hitting way above his weight despite the looks of the output (In Uraume's eyes it may be ass but the speed is different than what she expected from a typical output)

Homing attacks can be dodged if you’re fast enough, read the homing page, and its just an obvious thing. Hakari’s also 5x faster? How tf didn’t he blitz it
It's a sure hit attack that can't be dodged because of positive and negative attraction 😭 I guarantee you even if that lightning was 5 times slower than you, you're not escaping it. The positive and negative attraction is still there.

Yall Mf's need to reread the series if you think characters always at full reinforcement 😭
I guarantee you Uraume was not even bothering to reach top tier levels of stats through reinforcement against weakened Shibuya choso 😭

Can you prove that Uraume went all out against Shibuya not at his top condition Choso please.
If you have strong evidence that they were holding back their speed, or that they didn't really mean it when they said "It's fast!" when facing Piercing Blood, I'd love to see it.

You're acting as if it's obvious that they were holding back their speed by >1000x in this moment, but you've added nothing at all to the discussion to back up this frankly extraordinary claim.

If you have strong evidence that they were holding back their speed, or that they didn't really mean it when they said "It's fast!" when facing Piercing Blood, I'd love to see it.

You're acting as if it's obvious that they were holding back their speed by >1000x in this moment, but you've added nothing at all to the discussion to back up this frankly extraordinary claim.
So you think Choso is a heavy hitter? Because that's what I'm getting it from you. You deadass think Choso is Uraume tier even though he and the rest of the gang proceeded to get frozen when she locked in 😂

Why does characters saying "It's fast!" mean it is fast for them at their full strength.
Why does holding back thousands of times matter. We literally see Sukuna get surprised to see Finger Bearer hold his leg, and in the next moment he statue blitzes it.
We see blindfolded gojo play around with Jogo and use red despite him being so many times weaker than gojo. (Gojo vs Jogo fight)
Extraordinary claim? Dude you're the one arguing that Shibuya bloody Choso who is also weakened is somehow a heavy hitter all off a sudden who went relative with Shibuya Yuji 😭😭😭😭😭
But somehow Uraume holding back on a fodder is a crazy take? Go reread the series instead of wasting my time.

I need to do that because?
I'm simply judging from the panels
If you have some evidence that Uraume nerfed her own perception and reaction speed by like 300x in that moment, do present it
Have you even read the series or no. Because you're presenting your own ignorance like Zeb is doing by acting as if Uraume was using full reinforcement for Shibuya fodder choso who is also weakened after the fight with Yuji like Kenjaku says.

Naoya still requires speed accumulation to reach Mach 3. Nothing suggests otherwise.
Irrelevant argument because his own stats got far better including his reaction speed too. This Naoya > that Naoya. Next argument.

So you think Choso is a heavy hitter? Because that's what I'm getting it from you. You deadass think Choso is Uraume tier even though he and the rest of the gang proceeded to get frozen when she locked in 😂

Why does characters saying "It's fast!" mean it is fast for them at their full strength.
Why does holding back thousands of times matter. We literally see Sukuna get surprised to see Finger Bearer hold his leg, and in the next moment he statue blitzes it.
We see blindfolded gojo play around with Jogo and use red despite him being so many times weaker than gojo. (Gojo vs Jogo fight)
Extraordinary claim? Dude you're the one arguing that Shibuya bloody Choso who is also weakened is somehow a heavy hitter all off a sudden who went relative with Shibuya Yuji 😭😭😭😭😭
But somehow Uraume holding back on a fodder is a crazy take? Go reread the series instead of wasting my time.

Have you even read the series or no. Because you're presenting your own ignorance like Zeb is doing by acting as if Uraume was using full reinforcement for Shibuya fodder choso who is also weakened after the fight with Yuji like Kenjaku says.

Irrelevant argument because his own stats got far better including his reaction speed too. This Naoya > that Naoya. Next argument.
I find it wild that holding back that many times is somehow ridiculous. If you think that is ridiculous then please prove it. We literally have Sukuna holding back against characters far weaker than him by multiple times. Even against Mahoraga who is viewed as "3F" level to him when he was fighting against him in 15F state.

Or when gojo is sparring with megumi in hand to hand who's EVEN way weaker by like hundreds of times 💀
Like bro Shibuya choso who is also weakened is straight up a fodder to Uraume. This is quite simple.

No you will stop them right now. We don’t need you spamming this thread with half assed arguments with emotes mocking everyone.
Sure go ahead prove that I'm making half assed arguments. I'll wait.
Me doing emotes is me mocking? OK go ahead prove that the sob emoji is mocking everyone. I'll wait.

I didn’t ask for this
I'm asking for evidence that Uraume who dashed to the scene and had CE visible on her arm was reducing her speed by 500x
Like we didn’t see "heavy hitter" Kenjaku use a maximum technique on a half dead yuji and a bunch of kyoto fodders like 5 panels before uraume showed up

Irrelevant argument because Naoya experiencing a 120% boost (Mach 3.6?) =/= Naoya suddenly being able to instantly move at top speeds.
Also, Naoya only ever reached Mach 3 once, and only after exploding into a jet of pressurized air in a straight line.

You're the one making claims about my arguments being half assed and I'm asking you to prove that.
You're also claiming that I'm mocking people. If you think sob emoji is mocking people for some reason then that's wild.
don't want to get philosophical or anything, but if multiple people told you to stop being obnoxious, chances are, you're being obnoxious

just saying

idk if i should participate here or not tbh, will see tomorrow

This is the sequence of events. Uraume was not off-guard, they simply think Piercing Blood is fast, which is why they remarked "It's fast!" And that scan of them holding back is in regards to their power— particularly the power of their Cursed Technique— not their speed.
Nothing here refutes the context I've established; Uraume considered Choso weak and then was shocked he wasn't as weak as they have thought (hence the comment of surprise). You also have no evidence that by holding back they only meant their cursed technique, it's completely headcanon.

Point is we have a character who is stated to hold back, vaguely, and we see them reacting to a supersonic attack whilst holding back and off guard but then when going all out we seem them reacting to someone who can dodge lightning. Trying to argue "well maybe by holding back it's about the CT, not speed, therefore it's an outlier!" is absurd, the info we're presently paints no inherent contradiction so we shouldn't invent one.
Its compared to a sure hit because of how it works, it is not an actual sure hit.
I never said it's an actual sure-hit, I'm saying that comparison demonstrates it's likely not something which can dodged simply by evading it.
And go reread what M3x already pointed out, he should've been reacted before it got close to to him.
During a fight there could be numerous contextual reasons why someone would react to something only as it grows closer, such as not expecting that kind of attack, point is we can measure Hakari's movements compared to the lightning so trying to argue it's a blitz is incoherent.
No is talking about houses destroyed, I'm talking about glass being shattered. And damn, my point is not about the visuals lmao.
You literally phrased it as the city block being destroyed, but sure you weren't talking about the houses only the... glass? lol. If it's not the visuals then what purpose does the glass serve also? What is there besides visuals?
Who denied it???

You both are genuinely not reading a thing I've said holy shit.
You literally said Hakari lacks the speed to be comparable to the top tiers and is instead slower than grade 1's like Naoya because he never makes sonic booms and stuff, so I showed how Hakari is in fact a high tier. Saying "but who's denying that?!??!!" is so disingenuous.
Yes, characters can get blitzed by something and still manage to dodge it. The lightning was only that close to Hakari because it was too fast for him to react earlier. Same goes for Piercing Blood where Itadori was blitzed by it and when it reached a certain distance he managed to react.

Site rules. Deal with it.
A blitz by definition is something you're unable to sufficiently react to, those "site rules" should change.
Someone 500x faster than a technique statues it in a verse where 3x (even less) can blitz people who can react to you
It wasn't a point blank feat or an attack that was invisible
You'll have a better ground to stand on if Uraume didn't comment on the technique being fast
Not a 10x difference
500x
Let's be real please
Why are you removing the entire context of the feat and trying to simplify it to "Uraume was hit by PB"? Why not engage with the context I've shown evidence for and mentioned 3+ times now?
Even Sukuna himself used Piercing Water 💦 on Gojo and there was only one Sonic Boom 🤣
It's almost as if PB gets faster when used by better sorcerers....

Maybe it was when Uraume themself said they hold back on opponents?
Assuming it did cross the distance between them in 1 second (and we have no real reason to assume it would take any less than that), that would net it less than Mach 12.
Hollow Purple crossed that distance before Sukuna could even react until the last minute, with Sukuna scaling above GWE Todo who can react to point blank attacks within time frames of 0.01 seconds.
Irrelevant argument because Naoya experiencing a 120% boost (Mach 3.6?) =/= Naoya suddenly being able to instantly move at top speeds.
Also, Naoya only ever reached Mach 3 once, and only after exploding into a jet of pressurized air in a straight line.
This is untrue, it's stated he reached max speed when darting around trying to hit awakened Maki (and failing to do so).

Nothing here refutes the context I've established; Uraume considered Choso weak and then was shocked he wasn't as weak as they have thought (hence the comment of surprise). You also have no evidence that by holding back they only meant their cursed technique, it's completely headcanon.
Even if they underestimated Choso, that doesn't mean they were holding back their speed 1000x, they were already in a fighting stance, and NOT off-guard. They objectively hold the opinion that Piercing Blood is "Fast!", which contradicts this idea that they are MHS+.

They said they were holding back their "power", and summoned The Orb. Nothing about this implies speed, it states that it's power.

This rating has Calc Issues, Outlier Issues, and Anti-Feats, plus it has already been debated previously and decided to remove it, too. Justifying the rating takes too many leaps of logic.

Even if they underestimated Choso, that doesn't mean they were holding back their speed 1000x
them stating they are holding back does. If a character is holding back and is at x speed, but then goes all out and is at y speed, is y speed an outlier? Are we to play these speculation games of "how could they POSSIBLY hold back that much?!" No, it's a work of fiction and powerscaling is about measuring their displays of power.
they were already in a fighting stance
This is untrue, unless looking down at the ground is a "fighting stance" in your eyes
They objectively hold the opinion that Piercing Blood is "Fast!"
it's fast in the context of Choso, sure. If I expect someone to be mach 0.1 and they are instead mach 10, I'd be shocked, that's a huge improvement, but does my shock imply I'm not faster? Not really.
They said they were holding back their "power", and summoned The Orb. Nothing about this implies speed, it states that it's power.
Power is a vague term which just relates to your overall combat ability, power definitionally is the capacity to do something, so nothing necessitates it can't include speed at all.
This rating has Calc Issues, Outlier Issues, and Anti-Feats, plus it has already been debated previously and decided to remove it, too. Justifying the rating takes too many leaps of logic.
It has no calc issues, it has no "outlier issues", has no anti-feats. Feel free to appeal to "well we decided to remove it" tho, idrc about all that.

So true, Gojo training his student = Known Jujutsu Terrorist Uraume trying to murder Choso. Quit making false equivalences, please.

Uraume thinks Piercing Blood is fast(exclamation mark), simple as.
Ye and Sukuna also a worse jujutsu terrorist that is a natural disaster not caring about others but he still holds back.

Why do you Think Uraume was going all out against a fodder. Please be serious.
Ye because she got caught off guard whilst suppressing herself? I guarantee you even if she had 20F stats and suppressed herself to the same suppression level she'd still go "it's fast." Not a surprise.
I didn’t ask for this
I'm asking for evidence that Uraume who dashed to the scene and had CE visible on her arm was reducing her speed by 500x
Like we didn’t see "heavy hitter" Kenjaku use a maximum technique on a half dead yuji and a bunch of kyoto fodders like 5 panels before uraume showed up
That maximum technique was USING COMPLETELY DEPLETED MAHITO against Miwa. That same Mahito couldn't even run properly 😭
That Kusakabe who's grade 1 came in with SD against this weak ass technique weakening it quite a lot and still got wounded 🗿

You're asking for evidence for Uraume having to go all out against a fodder? Wild.

Yeah? Choso was handpicked to protect Tengen against Kenjaku lmao.
That same Kenjaku who is neg diffing him? 💀 That Tengen who is also hiding stuff too?
BTW the choso you're speaking of is post Shibuya Choso who also isn't weakened. Wallahi this thread is cooked.

Cool his stats got boosted and now his CT is at the best environment. Why you still making irrelevant arguments is wild to me.
Even if they underestimated Choso, that doesn't mean they were holding back their speed 1000x, they were already in a fighting stance, and NOT off-guard. They objectively hold the opinion that Piercing Blood is "Fast!", which contradicts this idea that they are MHS+.
Views choso as a fodder.
Being in a fighting stance doesn't mean much. Gojo does the same to Jogo who's a literal fodder to him. Still heavily suppresses himself to ridiculous levels. You know what he said when he saw Jogo who is a fodder to him? "This is gonna be fun"
So if we go by your logic just because Uraume said "it's fast" then we could use this logic to make insane reach with statements similar in nature. Sukuna even calls Jogo strong even though he's just a fodder to him as well.
So something being considered impressive or fast doesn't indicate that said thing is near or on par with the person who made that statement.

Heck Sukuna even is impressed by Mahoraga being able to beat his 3F self in the Shibuya incident.

That said power could also refer to reinforcement too.

The many people here if I ever make a thread about JJK anime being canon:
pls-god-strike-this-individual-down-strike-down.gif

(anime completely ruins their agenda 😿)

The many people here if I ever make a thread about JJK anime being canon:
pls-god-strike-this-individual-down-strike-down.gif

(anime completely ruins their agenda 😿)
Fortunately JJK defenders are incapable of creating a CRTs (and it wouldnt be accepted lol)
It is not.

He was accumulating speed, but he was never stated to have reached Mach 3 again.

Tbh I dont think Naoya would try to hit Maki before reaching Mach 3. I mean, why would he try to catch her while acccumalting speed

Can I ask for a lowdown on the thread?

It is not.

He was accumulating speed, but he was never stated to have reached Mach 3 again.

While it's never stated, I would hope you understand from both the implications of the narrative at this point and what is directly being shown that he is attacking Maki at his Mach 3 speed in the images you're showing. As in the first scan you provided, Noritoshi is saying that this is the same attack as his mach 3 speed attack from earlier in the fight. Therefore he should be at Mach 3 while attacking Maki throughout all of the following images

them stating they are holding back does. If a character is holding back and is at x speed, but then goes all out and is at y speed, is y speed an outlier? Are we to play these speculation games of "how could they POSSIBLY hold back that much?!" No, it's a work of fiction and powerscaling is about measuring their displays of power.
Extraordinary claims need extraordinary evidence. Nothing suggests they were limiting the their speed here, let alone by this much.

This is untrue, unless looking down at the ground is a "fighting stance" in your eyes
This is incredibly manipulative wording. They kinda look like they're facing down in one panel, in the actual close-up they're looking directly at Choso and imbuing their hand with Cursed Energy, while telling him to get out of the way. They were not off guard.

it's fast in the context of Choso, sure. If I expect someone to be mach 0.1 and they are instead mach 10, I'd be shocked, that's a huge improvement, but does my shock imply I'm not faster? Not really.
If a character goes wide-eyed & open-mouthed, and catches the attack right before it hits them at the cost of a hole in their hand, while exclaiming "It's fast! So this is Piercing Blood!" they probably think it's fast, rather than thinking "This attack may be literally a thousand times slower than me, but I suppose it being like 2x faster than the fodder that shot it means it's fast!"

Power is a vague term which just relates to your overall combat ability, power definitionally is the capacity to do something, so nothing necessitates it can't include speed at all.
For a verse without a UES, you need to prove that by power they meant "physical speed and strength", instead of just... power. Especialy since the context of their statement has them summoning The Orb with their Cursed Technique.

It has no calc issues, it has no "outlier issues", has no anti-feats.
This is objectively untrue. You could argue that these glaring issues don't matter for whatever reason, but denying their existence is outright ridiculous.

It is not.

? The statements you show are him being heavily implied to be going for his maximum speed again.
In the next panels she says Peak HR user Toji could have reacted to that mach 3 Naoya with a flashback to naoya reaching that speed. Why do we have to be told again that he reached x speed.
Do you also need to be told as to how fast the PB used against Uraume was as well?

? The statements you show are him being heavily implied to be going for his maximum speed again.
In the next panels she says Peak HR user Toji could have reacted to that mach 3 Naoya with a flashback to naoya reaching that speed. Why do we have to be told again that he reached x speed.
Do you also need to be told as to how fast the PB used against Uraume was as well?
jjktcb_197_009.png

Hell he even complains about why he can't do anything to Maki with his speed. If you think Naoya wasn't at mach 3 then do you think he wouldn't try to reach his maximum speed and try again then instead of whining about his speed not being enough as implied?

Why are you removing the entire context of the feat and trying to simplify it to "Uraume was hit by PB"? Why not engage with the context I've shown evidence for and mentioned 3+ times now?
sighs
1. Off-guard: As said earlier, it has little relevance unless the attack was point blank or invisible. She's supposedly 500x faster
2. Holding back: Let's look at the evidence provided.
"I'll destroy you with the full extent of my power. "
1. She was referring to how she'll use all her power because she doesn't regard Hakari as human. Guess what? Choso isn't fully human either. Meaning your inference doesn't apply to Choso
2. She made that statement after a show of CT power, i.e., freezing water in pipes. Sure, power can apply to speed in certain contexts. But looking at the context here, it looks more likely that she was referring to CT rather than overall stats. Afteral, that's her main gig
3. The official translation says, "I'll crush you with everything I have." Again implying AP related. TB scans say, "I'm crushing you."

3. Blocking it, etc: Means **** all here. You're arguing she should be 500x faster than an attack. Your Off-guard argument doesn't even makes sense when she's right in front of the attacker. Even the other blood bender notices the attack and its prowess before it was even fired at all. Like, she zoomed into the battlefield, amps herself with CE and suddenly removes her focus from the person she's trying to kill? Come on please. Your analogy about being impressed by mid makes just as much sense as the off-guard. It would mean that she indeed noticed the attack and its speed before it reached her. Which ***** all over your off-guard argument. Furthermore, since she noticed it, she could have pulled a Sukuna and blitz both PB and Choso which would lend more credence to her being 500x the attack.

Minor addition, Kenjaku who just unleashed a Maximum, meaning he was at peak or close to peak reinforcement, had barely moved a few meters away from Uraume when she reacted. What next, Kenjaku was also caught off-guard too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back