• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

Sadly the ideia of her pulling a Drake move probably wouldn't happen since she already have meet Itadori and she just didn't care

She loves Sukuna cuz he is edgy, an alpha, a lonely guy, a daddy with four arms and four eyes, standing 10 feet tall, with a insane 20inch meat and so on
Itadori lacks all of this

Screenshot-20240730-215625.jpg

Sadly the ideia of her pulling a Drake move probably wouldn't happen since she already have meet Itadori and she just didn't care

She loves Sukuna cuz he is edgy, an alpha, a lonely guy, a daddy with four arms and four eyes, standing 10 feet tall, with a insane 20inch meat and so on
Itadori lacks all of this
Soooooo... Yorozu has some serious daddy issues then

Itadori’s feat is insane but in the end, he cheated. His barrier technique knowledge came from Kusakabe teaching his body.

Megumi is still ass though, Itadori in a few months surpassed him with 2+ years in Jujutsu High.
Megumi is a first year just like Nobara and Yuji
And before that he was a regular student who occasionally took missions with Gojo who sucks at teaching
So I wouldn't downplay him so much seeing how unmotivated he was to be a Jujutsu sorcerer in the first place and the amount of growth he achieved when he applies himself

The idea of cheating in JJK is so silly cause if you aren't cheating, you're doing sorcery wrong.
Sorcerers are nothing but con artists and this is seen even in the power system itself.
By giving out misleading info about a technique you could not only strengthen yourself and your ct but also trick the opponent.
People like Yuji and Yuta performed swap training but also made further progress on their own (Yuta swapping with Gojo but getting barrier tech that surpasses his, Yuji learning from Sukuna being in his body but being able to expand his technique through his own experiences as well)
You use everything to your advantage to improve as a sorcerer.

That feat looks impressive for JJK. Though one issue is the initial panel Hana doesn't look far away, rather a couple meters at most which would mean Sukuna didn't need to travel far. Then we see Sukuna above a building to hit them, and the building looks like 6 story which is 18m or more iirc. So Sukuna possibly traveled 25m I'd say. Idk how this feat is done but falling is just 9.8m/s, Sukuna traveling 30m in one second shouldn't. Would we assume he did it in a faster time like 0.1s?

That feat looks impressive for JJK. Though one issue is the initial panel Hana doesn't look far away, rather a couple meters at most which would mean Sukuna didn't need to travel far. Then we see Sukuna above a building to hit them, and the building looks like 6 story which is 18m or more iirc. So Sukuna possibly traveled 25m I'd say. Idk how this feat is done but falling is just 9.8m/s, Sukuna traveling 30m in one second shouldn't. Would we assume he did it in a faster time like 0.1s?
I figure it's best to use the wide-shot we're shown where Sukuna punches Hana and Todo away since Yuji being able to follow Sukuna's path that means the debris still hadn't fallen even in that quick sequence. I also think this feat might be faster for Yuji as he does have to travel a little farther than Sukuna does

Last edited:
I figure it's best to use the wide-shot we're shown where Sukuna punches Hana and Todo away since Yuji being able to follow Sukuna's path that means the debris still hadn't fallen even in that quick sequence. I also think this feat might be faster for Yuji as he does have to travel a little farther than Sukuna does
Considering Sukuna gets there first and he has enough time to strike Todo and Hana before Yuji gets there and the fact that Yuji was only like a few feet in front of Sukuna before Jacob’s Ladder, there wouldn’t be much of a speed difference

The idea of cheating in JJK is so silly cause if you aren't cheating, you're doing sorcery wrong.
Sorcerers are nothing but con artists and this is seen even in the power system itself.
By giving out misleading info about a technique you could not only strengthen yourself and your ct but also trick the opponent.
People like Yuji and Yuta performed swap training but also made further progress on their own (Yuta swapping with Gojo but getting barrier tech that surpasses his, Yuji learning from Sukuna being in his body but being able to expand his technique through his own experiences as well)
Rare Gokukid W

JJK functions differently from traditional shonens in a ton of ways. The fights are usually not 1v1s like you would see in anime such as DBZ where they would sit back and let you cook, this manga is infamous for jumpings, Sukuna's existence in the beginning had people thinking it would be a Kurama situation (boy were they wrong), and also there is a lot less honor in fighting as you had Sukuna's entire plan to BS his way into victory against Gojo, which isn't cheating as much as it was a legitimate plan.

There's also the fact that hard work doesn't always exactly pay off as simply put, you NEED to be born different in the JJK universe or you're screwed. Yuji himself is not normal and although is quite gifted in his Jujutsu skills, they are assisted by Sukuna and also granted by eating his brothers.

JJK functions differently from traditional shonens in a ton of ways. The fights are usually not 1v1s like you would see in anime such as DBZ where they would sit back and let you cook, this manga is infamous for jumpings, Sukuna's existence in the beginning had people thinking it would be a Kurama situation (boy were they wrong), and also there is a lot less honor in fighting as you had Sukuna's entire plan to BS his way into victory against Gojo, which isn't cheating as much as it was a legitimate plan.

There's also the fact that hard work doesn't always exactly pay off as simply put, you NEED to be born different in the JJK universe or you're screwed. Yuji himself is not normal and although is quite gifted in his Jujutsu skills, they are assisted by Sukuna and also granted by eating his brothers.
Every JJK character to every Shonen character: If you're bothered by "Cheating", either loosen your moral code or STOP HINGEING THE FATE OF THE WORLD ON DEATH MATCHES!!! (From Trunks DBZA)

Jumpings isn’t a new thing in Shonen, across all of them there’s been 2v1s, 3v1s, 5v1s, its not something Jjk’s infamous for, people just magically forgot every manga they ever read before it.

Sukuna not being a demon within type character I think is one of the few things done differently but was the belief really that Sukuna would ever become a Kuruma type serious? There is honor in fighting as a sorcerer, its something they strived for in the past at least. This generation just became less interested in themselves but its definitely there overall. Sukuna making a plan to gain what he wanted is the typical villain thing to do so I honestly am not sure why people take issue with that or make it into something special

Jumpings isn’t a new thing in Shonen, across all of them there’s been 2v1s, 3v1s, 5v1s, its not something Jjk’s infamous for, people just magically forgot every manga they ever read before it.
JJK reinvented jumpings, I never said it gave birth to them. Ffs, Demon Slayer had the whole corps jump Muzan. JJK only made it more relevant. Also, a lot of mangas tend to make ways for 1v1s to happen rather than having the logical solution of jumping. Another thing is old mangas also utilized reverse jumpings more than jumpings, Madara vs the shinobi alliance for example, or Aizen vs the Gotei 13 + Vizoreds. It isn't common for an anime to have a jumping actually work without other outside factors contributing, going back to Muzan vs the Demon Slayers, they drugged Muzan multiple times in order to win, and with most of these fights they jump the enemy because they know without a shadow of a doubt they can't win otherwise, like, they have 0 wincons outside of teaming. Yuji and Nanami vs Mahito broke this because Yuji actually held his ground for a bit against Mahito until Nanami came, then they f***ing wailed on him, same with Yuji and Todo vs Mahito.
Sukuna not being a demon within type character I think is one of the few things done differently but was the belief really that Sukuna would ever become a Kuruma type serious?
I remember when people honestly believed that.
There is honor in fighting as a sorcerer, its something they strived for in the past at least. This generation just became less interested in themselves but its definitely there overall.
There is honor, that much is true, but the concept of honor had changed as the times went by. What would be seen as scumbaggish back in the Heian Era is commonplace in modern jujutsu.
Sukuna making a plan to gain what he wanted is the typical villain thing to do so I honestly am not sure why people take issue with that or make it into something special
Mostly because you wouldn't expect something like that from Sukuna given his archetype. His character type usually wants to best their rival or opponents in their domain with their own powers, typically refusing outside sources (see also Grimmjow)

There's also the fact that hard work doesn't always exactly pay off as simply put, you NEED to be born different in the JJK universe or you're screwed.
That is something I've liked from the beginning.
Sometimes a character is just not #him and that's fine.
Miwa gave up swinging a katana to strike Kenjaku, but compared to ones life? That's hardly even a trade off to breach the power gap.
Hell, she could pick up any other weapon and continue as a Jujutsu sorcerer.
If she gave up her life like Mei Mei's birds maybe the results wouldn't have been so sad.

There are multiple characters who are known for having a specific ability, just for a far better practitioner to show up and outshine them simply because of them being born different or having a far better approach and mindset to Jujutsu
Maki and Toji
Miwa and Kusakabe
Mai and Yorozu
Kamo and Choso
Naobito and Naoya
Inumaki and Yuta
Megumi and Sukuna
Geto and Kenjaku
Yuta(Gojo body) and Gojo himself

JJK reinvented jumpings, I never said it gave birth to them. Ffs, Demon Slayer had the whole corps jump Muzan. JJK only made it more relevant. Also, a lot of mangas tend to make ways for 1v1s to happen rather than having the logical solution of jumping. Another thing is old mangas also utilized reverse jumpings more than jumpings, Madara vs the shinobi alliance for example, or Aizen vs the Gotei 13 + Vizoreds. It isn't common for an anime to have a jumping actually work without other outside factors contributing, going back to Muzan vs the Demon Slayers, they drugged Muzan multiple times in order to win, and with most of these fights they jump the enemy because they know without a shadow of a doubt they can't win otherwise, like, they have 0 wincons outside of teaming. Yuji and Nanami vs Mahito broke this because Yuji actually held his ground for a bit against Mahito until Nanami came, then they f***ing wailed on him, same with Yuji and Todo vs Mahito.
How did that reinvent it?

There is honor, that much is true, but the concept of honor had changed as the times went by. What would be seen as scumbaggish back in the Heian Era is commonplace in modern jujutsu.
What is scumbaggish in the Heian? And remember this is supposed to be about other mangas form of honor in fighting.

Mostly because you wouldn't expect something like that from Sukuna given his archetype. His character type usually wants to best their rival or opponents in their domain with their own powers, typically refusing outside sources (see also Grimmjow)
It feels like you’re changing what you mean, I thought this was about him as a villain not just his archetype. And this is to do with honor, you may have just misread what Sukuna’s character was about if you think what he did was dishonorable to him or as a sorcerer.

How did that reinvent it?
Jumpings are far more common and also are for the sake of ease rather than necessity moreso than older manga, not to mention the teamwork in JJK is far better than a lot of other shonen. Most of the time shonen jumpings are a case of "well shit I guess I have to" rather than "lets beat the hell outta this guy". Just look at Goku and Vegeta's team ups. Plus older mangas had more in between time to marinate characters, leading to more interpersonal battles rather than spontaneous combat, meaning the necessity for 1v1s is much lesser storyline wise. When you put it all together, JJK is about wins and losses, teaming is a skill in and of itself, it's why Todo is so broken considering his technique isn't broken, it's the perfect ability for jumpings.
What is scumbaggish in the Heian? And remember this is supposed to be about other mangas form of honor in fighting.
Well, jumping for the sake of it would probably fall under that category, as well as also just chickening out of fights or doing whatever thr hell Mei Mei is doing currently.
It feels like you’re changing what you mean, I thought this was about him as a villain not just his archetype. And this is to do with honor, you may have just misread what Sukuna’s character was about if you think what he did was dishonorable to him or as a sorcerer.
Sukuna is a man of his word, which his words are whatever he wants and which he changes to his liking. People often associate him with Grimmjow (as the two are very similar), but ultimately he wants to win, and he will do anything for it. People misread Sukuna in thinking he was an old-fashioned "put up ya dukes" type of character who fought with no tricks, when tricks is what he knows well and does best, just look at him now, he's bs'ing his way through the verse.

We know Yuta was using his Ring when Shoko was about to switch his brain to Gojo's body. Just curious how much time she took to switch his brain. I mean Yuta vs Sukuna Domain clash was about to last around 3min but fully manifested Rika lasts for 5min. I wonder if Gege was smokin' something. Or I don't understand how time management works here.

Jumpings are far more common and also are for the sake of ease rather than necessity moreso than older manga, not to mention the teamwork in JJK is far better than a lot of other shonen. Most of the time shonen jumpings are a case of "well shit I guess I have to" rather than "lets beat the hell outta this guy". Just look at Goku and Vegeta's team ups. Plus older mangas had more in between time to marinate characters, leading to more interpersonal battles rather than spontaneous combat, meaning the necessity for 1v1s is much lesser storyline wise. When you put it all together, JJK is about wins and losses, teaming is a skill in and of itself, it's why Todo is so broken considering his technique isn't broken, it's the perfect ability for jumpings.
Team work is pretty subjective, there isn't much team work in say relying on Todo to just keep swapping Yuji and Mahito around, that's just Todo at work and Yuji taking advantage in it, it's Todo carrying if we're being honest, as he did in the Sukuna fight too. Also jumpings in JJK are very much "well shit I guess I have to" against Dagon, against Sukuna, against Yuta, against Kenjaku, against Mahito, against Hanami, all these fights effectively required them to be jumped or they'd have lost the 1v1. Give other times where teaming had everyone in the team contributing to the fight, not one ct carried the rest.

Well, jumping for the sake of it would probably fall under that category, as well as also just chickening out of fights or doing whatever thr hell Mei Mei is doing currently.
What does this even mean? Mei Mei is a character who doesn't care like the rest, she's not chickening out, she just doesn't care to fight. Idk how this is scumbaggish, but if that's the case Kamo is a scumbag for wanting to go overseas to be with his family? There's no real distinction in the way sorcerers fight from the past to now when it comes to respectability/honor. The new gen may hold different values but they still indulge in the selfishness of sorcery, that's how its always been and Todo, Gojo, Hakari, Nobara (rip) are all a reminder of that.

Sukuna is a man of his word, which his words are whatever he wants and which he changes to his liking. People often associate him with Grimmjow (as the two are very similar), but ultimately he wants to win, and he will do anything for it. People misread Sukuna in thinking he was an old-fashioned "put up ya dukes" type of character who fought with no tricks, when tricks is what he knows well and does best, just look at him now, he's bs'ing his way through the verse.
I'm honestly baffled where people got that notion from Sukuna, his beliefs were mostly unknown when it came to fighting, but we knew what it meant to be a sorcerer early on. And he isn't bs'ing his way through, this is exactly how a sorcerer should be, selfish and ready to win it all for themselves.

Back