• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

I don't remember cursed energy being eternal. Curses exists as along as humans exists but there is a limit to it. So his technique should work on Mahito. Beside even if it doesn't be can still target soul and negs him.
I don't think there's a limit. Since curses can only be destroyed by other curses, I feel like that outlines pretty well that they don't actually fade with time. Not to mention cases like Cursed Objects, Sukuna's especially, that just gets stronger with time instead of fading away even though Sukuna himself isn't a cursed spirit so he can't be the collective fear of anything nor can he be collecting something like ambient cursed energy.

I don't think there's a limit. Since curses can only be destroyed by other curses, I feel like that outlines pretty well that they don't actually fade with time. Not to mention cases like Cursed Objects, Sukuna's especially, that just gets stronger with time instead of fading away even though Sukuna himself isn't a cursed spirit so he can't be the collective fear of anything nor can he be collecting something like ambient cursed energy.
The limit is human emotions, which give birth to curses. So, it does have a limit, logically speaking. Sorcerers can generate and control CE. Sukuna being a cursed object doesn't change anything. It's not like it was stated that he will exist for eternity. We never got any statement about that (as far as I remember). Him being able to exist in a stagnant state with a binding vow or something similar doesn't change the fact that cursed energy is still within the limit. The fact that cursed energy seals placed on him get weaker over time and need to be renewed or something similar already shows that cursed energy can be depleted.

Also I'm pretty sure curses can't exists without negative emotions looking at what Yuki was trying to achieve. It's immortality type 8 than type 1.

That's the limit for the creation of more cursed energy not for how long cursed energy last is what I'm saying. Because Yuki's goal of abolishing cursed spirits is about keeping humanity from making more of them. Hence her talk with Geto, where it henges on the fact that normal people create curse spirits, while sorcerer's don't. Whatmore, when it comes to talismans its not the cursed energy that's weakening is the seal on it. Talismans made from cursed objects which push away curses becomes proper cursed objects that now attract curses, none of that is the cursed energy itself fading or growing weaker, that's the physical seals made from them growing weaker which is separate from it. And Sukuna isn't existing in a stagnate state as fingers, he's actively growing stronger hence the goal of destroying them while they can with Yuji.

It's not that curses can't exist without negative emotions, is that cursed spirits can't be born or reborn without them.

Boutta get a ten chapter run for Yuta vs Sukuna, two breaks, Nobara reveal, Merger, Maki dies, put in a couple more flashbacks and we got our final arc (Yuji dies as he should).

Furthermore, in context, both Yuta and Hakari were incapacitated by this singular punch, so it's not at all comparable to Yuta being "hurt" by Ryu's punches in a prolonged exchange of blows.
Gojo got blue tho

Why wouldn't Yuta train to increase his AP?
youre assuming he can, when he’s got a weaker fraction of Rika. Makes no sense that he’d be able to make so that Rika learns ce efficiency or whatever contrived explanation would be made for Rika increasing her AP

Uraume was also caught offguard because Gojo used blue to blitz them too
This isn't true, it was Uraume who rushed at Gojo; we see the distance between Gojo and Sukuna remain consistent with Uraume going from behind him to in front of him, so how is she caught off guard when she's the one attacking?
Gojo got blue tho
So? It's still AP.
youre assuming he can, when he’s got a weaker fraction of Rika. Makes no sense that he’d be able to make so that Rika learns ce efficiency or whatever contrived explanation would be made for Rika increasing her AP
Sorcerers can increase their power through increasing their CE control, it's an established thing within verse which explains how characters like Yuji can grow throughout the series so idk why you'd dishonestly phrase this as a "contrived explanation", and also the consequence of the BV used in vol0 limited how Rika can manifest not weakening her physicals. Even if you want to say we can't prove Yuta can get stronger, we also can't prove Yuta is at his peak, so we can't make a judgement as to what it means for him to surpass Gojo and, given the contextual evidence, we certainly can't assume Yuta is already Gojo level.

It causes soul damage and corrodes the soul which is eternal in bleach
Souls aren't eternal in bleach though. Bleach treats souls as another form of life, hence why souls can be born and grow old in soul society. While they naturally reincarnate eternally, they themselves don't live forever.

This isn't true, it was Uraume who rushed at Gojo; we see the distance between Gojo and Sukuna remain consistent with Uraume going from behind him to in front of him, so how is she caught off guard when she's the one attacking?

So? It's still AP.

Sorcerers can increase their power through increasing their CE control, it's an established thing within verse which explains how characters like Yuji can grow throughout the series so idk why you'd dishonestly phrase this as a "contrived explanation", and also the consequence of the BV used in vol0 limited how Rika can manifest not weakening her physicals. Even if you want to say we can't prove Yuta can get stronger, we also can't prove Yuta is at his peak, so we can't make a judgement as to what it means for him to surpass Gojo and, given the contextual evidence, we certainly can't assume Yuta is already Gojo level.
The stuff about CE control amping Ap is almost exclusively fanmade. It’s never actually stated

Souls aren't eternal in bleach though. Bleach treats souls as another form of life, hence why souls can be born and grow old in soul society. While they naturally reincarnate eternally, they themselves don't live forever
That konpaku soul has a soul inside it, which is eternal and a part of the soul cycle

I'm finna be moving backwards and forwards like the Flash moves through time.

speed-ishowspeed.gif

Last edited:
The fact Gege left the chapter in cliffhanger and making it looks like Yuta might counter Sukuna domain. I think Sukuna might have different methods than before to break Yuta's domain while Yuta try to counter Sukuna's domain with Compressed domain.
This is what I thought would happen.

There’s also the possibility that Sukuna gets 3v1d while the domains are clashing.

Hot take:
JJK became better after it stopped being about Megumi, Yuji, and Nobara and became about Yuji and the other sorcerers dealing with whatever the **** is happening instead of Yuji and Nobara acting dumb asf for bad comedy purposes

Back