• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

Sukuna's roasted body was healed offscreen before Maki sneaked on him. Gege only draws smokes onscreen but offscreen he does make character use RCT without that.
13-slm-2VVNT_Xsi-m.jpg
16-bp3lhOm6Lv1K1-m.jpg

17-m-Z2DZ4wRYWeF-m.jpg

KKK member spotted
Tf is this
I'm not quite sure how much bone structure makes a difference in comparison to Todo
******* Gojo should be questioned not me
Sukuna's roasted body was healed offscreen before Maki sneaked on him. Gege only draws smokes onscreen but offscreen he does make character use RCT without that.
13-slm-2VVNT_Xsi-m.jpg
16-bp3lhOm6Lv1K1-m.jpg

17-m-Z2DZ4wRYWeF-m.jpg
When the injury is still there, we always see smoke coming off if the user is using RCT, after Kashimo arrived, Sukuna’s hand was still injured and no smoke can be seen

When the injury is still there, we always see smoke coming off if the user is using RCT, after Kashimo arrived, Sukuna’s hand was still injured and no smoke can be seen
He most likely stopped healing the hand because it takes too much effort and time in that scenario for Sukuna because Low RCT output. He was trying to smoke Kashimo with his Cursed tool attack. We see Gojo doing the same stopping RCT and focusing on CT. Against Maki same thing happened. Yuki also had similar experience where her CT output drastically reduced when using RCT.

just saw the OPM general discussion thread is on 2,200 pages, what the **** they go goin on over there? We have debates every day and we're on 558...
One-Punch Man has been really popular on the wiki, so there's a lot more people who were involved with it longer than Jujutsu Kaisen, but the main thing has been the debates.

Legitimately, I'm pretty sure at least 1/4 of all posts in that thread involve Boros or Boros vs someone (usually Tornado), so it's basically had this thread's problem but on a  much larger scale.

Yeah, but if he wasn't anywhere close to Hakari there wouldn't be a fight in the first place. So he just downscales
Charles grazed Hakari's cheeks whilst Hakari was suppressing himself, then Hakari got serious and perception blitzed him with each attack and was completely untouchable, and then Charles precog grew to 2 seconds before managing to graze Hakari's forehead, DE Hakari was then similarly untouchable again until the very end when Charles landed a single hit on Hakari before it was revealed Hakari let him land it since he had hit JP.

This doesn't look like back scaling for anything besides impressive durability and very arguable AP scaling due to Charles breaching the outer layer of Hakari's skin with a serrated weapon. Definitely not any speed relativity.

It was not revealed that Hakari let charles hit him since he landed JP, he just got lucky. But beyond that, unless we're going with the assumption that when casual a sorcerer is far slower and weaker than when they get serious, Charles was able to defend himself against Hakari, damage Hakari, and tag him (albeit with precognition). Overall, Charles is definitely weaker than Hakari but it's not a degree that Charles doesn't downscale. Because if Charles didn't downscale from Hakari and was just so much weaker and slower that there wasn't any scaling possible, Charles wouldn't be able to have a fight in the first place. He'd just be like Haruta against Nanami

It was not revealed that Hakari let charles hit him since he landed JP, he just got lucky.
Hakari had already seen the conditions met for jackpot before getting hit (i.e. Yume missing the train).
But beyond that, unless we're going with the assumption that when casual a sorcerer is far slower and weaker than when they get serious, Charles was able to defend himself against Hakari, damage Hakari, and tag him (albeit with precognition). Overall, Charles is definitely weaker than Hakari but it's not a degree that Charles doesn't downscale. Because if Charles didn't downscale from Hakari and was just so much weaker and slower that there wasn't any scaling possible, Charles wouldn't be able to have a fight in the first place. He'd just be like Haruta against Nanami
Give Haruta the durability to survive Nanami's hits and you'd essentially get a repeat of Hakari vs Charles (minus maybe as many speed blitzes).

Hakari had already seen the conditions met for jackpot before getting hit (i.e. Yume missing the train).
That doesn't mean he let himself get hit.
Give Haruta the durability to survive Nanami's hits and you'd essentially get a repeat of Hakari vs Charles (minus maybe as many speed blitzes).
You're forgetting the part where Haruta full on hits Nanami and there is no damage at all, and how Nanami effortlessly overpowers Haruta. Charles can block and defend against hakari's attack, he can take a hit and keep moving, and he can hurt Hakari. That's plenty enough to downscale his physicals from Hakari since that shows some form of relativeness.

it was redirected to Megumi
He can't do that though? Again, that would indicate that he could manipulate sure hit effects trajectory, especially complex ones. That's just not how it works. I don't think he could even repeat that action multiple times constantly if we were to go with that interpretation, when the sure hit effect is instant and TOO many.

His brain is still exposed and so is his own soul. They're not hidden suddenly like a HR user now, otherwise Gojo would have instantly noticed.

He can't do that though? Again, that would indicate that he could manipulate sure hit effects trajectory, especially complex ones. That's just not how it works. I don't think he could even repeat that action multiple times constantly if we were to go with that interpretation, when the sure hit effect is instant and TOO many.

His brain is still exposed and so is his own soul. They're not hidden suddenly like a HR user now, otherwise Gojo would have instantly noticed.
Again, it's not necessarily that Sukuna is manipulating Gojo's sure-hit but more accurately manipulating Megumi's soul within the vessel to shield his own (something we know he can do), similar to using a human shield against a gunman isn't the same thing as manipulating the trajectory of their bullet.

Again, it's not necessarily that Sukuna is manipulating Gojo's sure-hit but more accurately manipulating Megumi's soul within the vessel to shield his own (something we know he can do), similar to using a human shield against a gunman isn't the same thing as manipulating the trajectory of their bullet.
That's not how it works. If thats the case when domain collapsed Sukuna wouldn't have got hit by UV.
Sukuna didn't targetted him(MEGUMI)so UV hit him.

That's not how it works. If thats the case when domain collapsed Sukuna wouldn't have got hit by UV.
Sukuna didn't targetted him(MEGUMI)so UV hit him.
This is a fair point, I'll have to think on this.

The basis for my claim is Lightning's translation, which they did an analysis of on Twitter, and so in my mind there were two interpretations:

1) Malevolent Shrine's sure-hit cannot cover Sukuna and so he was forced to use Megumi's soul and Megumi's brain as a cover for his own soul, shielding himself
2) Malevolent Shrine's sure-hit can cover Sukuna, however he made it so it wouldn't so that he can force Megumi's soul to take the burden of adaptation

I've sided with the former due to Sukuna's fear of Unlimited Void even before he was aware Gojo could adapt it to his barrierless domain and use it repeatedly, suggesting even during the first domain clash there was still something threatening about Unlimited Void (such as the notion of it having an unavoidable sure-hit effect even during clashes). However, both of the two interpretations imply Sukuna can just make himself immune to the sure-hit of Unlimited Void through Megumi regardless of whether or not his domain is active, which leads us to the issue of Sukuna being affected by Gojo's domain once Gojo won. This suggests a third interpretation:

3) Malevolent Shrine's sure-hit can, and was, covering Sukuna from Unlimited Void's sure-hit, however Megumi's soul separately wasn't.

My issue with this interpretation is that it's not what the text says, as Lightning's translation analysis of "宿儺の「領域内の自分以外の全て」" dictates that Malevolent Shrine, from Sukuna's perspective (宿儺), covers everything except "oneself" (自分) - which again is implied through Sukuna's risk assessment, however it's simultaneously the only one which can reasonably explain away Sukuna being susceptible to Unlimited Void's sure-hit outside of Malevolent Shrine. I'll think more on this, and I'm open to further input to have my mind swayed, although I do think Lightning's translation is the most accurate one compared to the others presented given his credibility and my understanding of the raws.

This is a fair point, I'll have to think on this.

The basis for my claim is Lightning's translation, which they did an analysis of on Twitter, and so in my mind there were two interpretations:

1) Malevolent Shrine's sure-hit cannot cover Sukuna and so he was forced to use Megumi's soul and Megumi's brain as a cover for his own soul, shielding himself
2) Malevolent Shrine's sure-hit can cover Sukuna, however he made it so it wouldn't so that he can force Megumi's soul to take the burden of adaptation

I've sided with the former due to Sukuna's fear of Unlimited Void even before he was aware Gojo could adapt it to his barrierless domain and use it repeatedly, suggesting even during the first domain clash there was still something threatening about Unlimited Void (such as the notion of it having an unavoidable sure-hit effect even during clashes). However, both of the two interpretations imply Sukuna can just make himself immune to the sure-hit of Unlimited Void through Megumi regardless of whether or not his domain is active, which leads us to the issue of Sukuna being affected by Gojo's domain once Gojo won. This suggests a third interpretation:

3) Malevolent Shrine's sure-hit can, and was, covering Sukuna from Unlimited Void's sure-hit, however Megumi's soul separately wasn't.

My issue with this interpretation is that it's not what the text says, as Lightning's translation analysis of "宿儺の「領域内の自分以外の全て」" dictates that Malevolent Shrine, from Sukuna's perspective (宿儺), covers everything except "oneself" (自分) - which again is implied through Sukuna's risk assessment, however it's simultaneously the only one which can reasonably explain away Sukuna being susceptible to Unlimited Void's sure-hit outside of Malevolent Shrine. I'll think more on this, and I'm open to further input to have my mind swayed, although I do think Lightning's translation is the most accurate one compared to the others presented given his credibility and my understanding of the raws.
I'm pretty sure even Lightning Translation states Sukuna didn't cover Megumi.

The first interpretation is far-fetched, and the second interpretation has already been done by Yuta. Yuta can cover the whole domain with his sure hit and leave out Yuji. We are talking about Sukuna, whose techniques are compared to be divine and have an open domain. His skills far surpass Yuta's. I don't see why he can't just leave out Megumi's soul.

Like I already said, the first interpretation makes it look like Sukuna is using Megumi's soul as a shield, which would mean even without MS, Sukuna should be able to shield his soul with Megumi's soul. This is not stated or implied so far. Sukuna got tagged by UV only when his sure hit was down.

So Sukuna not intentionally targetting Megumi and making him adapt is the correct interpretation.

Back