• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

That seal is for cursed spirits, not cursed objects though. It wouldn't make sense for the breaking of the seal to interact with Yuji, since we saw Kenjaku affect those with cursed objects like him in completely separate instance.
Its for cursed objects as well.
Its why a bunch of people who he planted cursed objects in didn't transform until he used Idle Transfiguration to make their bodies suitable vessels and then broke the seals to allow them to incarnate.

Also its May 2024
Last year this month Gojo v Sukuna started and last year September it ended
How are we still discussing this
Because it's one of the most popular fights in the series and world wide? Still has many people making vids about it whether animation or not?
People still talk about goku vs frieza namek saga. what's up with that

Dogshit argument

Whoever else thinks or says this is also smoking fanfiction cognitive bias agenda
jjk_239_idiotic_013.png

Mf's nowadays too complacent after Sukuna barely succeeded in winning that they forgot he did this with a convenient technique he was planning to get from the very beginning to use against gojo 🤣 since he had no other arsenal to do that besides DE that failed. Da close quarter combat ain't work either 😂 Gojo always humbling him.
yap-expansion-gojo.gif

I came back from my classes expecting some memes and playful banter

Then I remembered what thread I was coming back to. Just like the title of the series essentially meaning sorcery battle that never ends, the discussion on whether or not shit was an asspull or whether or not Sukuna was trying will never end.

Anyone genuinely not expecting the rumbling / nationwide transmutation circle / The Merger to happen?

I feel this story still has gears to go through.

Eh, I don't expect the Merger to happen or to be a threat as its made out to be really because by all rights, currently, that means absolute failure on the part of the protagonist. That is the death of all non-sorcerer's in Japan and I don't think the series currently has a way to turn that into anything even remotely less than a real downer ending unless Yuji's ability to sense the contour in souls allows him to break it apart. That and the merger itself being accomplished is a bit antithetical to the series. It's the ultimate defeat of sorcerer's and their purpose, and more explicitly with Yuji it is essentially Mahito killing everyone, the furthest from a normal death as possible.

Without a proper insurance as to how the Merger could be undone or the story themes itself finding such a thing a natural extension of it all, I don't see a way for it to happen narratively.

I really wonder what the creature in Sukuna's domain is supposed to be? Like we see Sukuna's complete domain its remains are used for the shrine, while its incomplete it has its flesh, and part of its spinal.

Ya’ll realize that Gege is a self-admitted Eva stan who is quoted as essentially just trying to make a buddhist version of the story right?

The merger absolutely can happen and there is a high chance this story ends on an extremely pessimistic note. 💀
He also loves bleach, fate, hunter x hunter, etc. The DNA of this story is rife with so many others besides Eva and I would argue that what he talks about in emulating Eva comes more in iconography not in storytelling.

But more than that, Evangelion's theming fits its insane endings.

JJK is nowhere close to as pessimistic even at its lowest points. It's a story much better built for a bittersweet ending than a pessimistic one.

Toji if he has full kit & some prep? Otherwise normally Miguel should beat him.
Makes sense. I believe they'd have similar physical capabilities but Toji would be too reliant on weapons to win and his CQC really only exist to compliment or back up for for any of his tools. Then there's tacking Miguel's CT into account as well.

and I would argue that what he talks about in emulating Eva comes more in iconography not in storytelling.
> "Respect for director Hideaki Anno

I hold an incredible amount of respect for director Hideaki Anno. The way in which the setting and worldview in “Neon Genesis Evangelion” (新世紀エヴァンゲリオン, the original TV anime) are never explained excessively, leaving a lot of room for the viewers imagination to fill in and the way in which the show is structured primarily for entertainment are all influences on me. There’s also director Anno’s editing. “Shin Godzilla (シン·ゴジラ, released in 2016) is truly remarkable, but the director’s “editing power” (?) really is very strong isn’t it? It’s all thanks to director Anno’s set stance that, even though I’m still stuck on “Eva”, I am now able to work on my own writing with the thought of “graduating from Eva” in mind"

Wrong. This is one interview ^

"Bleach was my initial source of inspiration in elementary school, then Hunter x Hunter and Evangelion were added to the mix in middle school… Since Evangelion was steeped in mythology, I concluded that I should take a different approach by turning to Buddhism instead." - Gege

Another interview.

He also loves bleach, fate, hunter x hunter, etc. The DNA of this story is rife with so many others besides Eva and I would argue that what he talks about in emulating Eva comes more in iconography not in storytelling.

But more than that, Evangelion's theming fits its insane endings.

JJK is nowhere close to as pessimistic even at its lowest points. It's a story much better built for a bittersweet ending than a pessimistic one.
I mean not really, he flat out states that he like the pessimistic aspect of EVA.

I would argue the same with JJK, from the beginning of this story the plot has been rife with the theme of suffering. I'd actually argue you'd be hard pressed to narratively demonstrate JJK being optimistic in tone or plot direction.

I mean not really, he flat out states that he like the pessimistic aspect of EVA.

I would argue the same with JJK, from the beginning of this story the plot has been rife with the theme of suffering. I'd actually argue you'd be hard pressed to narratively demonstrate JJK being optimistic in tone or plot direction.
There's the part after Junpei dies and the school takes a more serious approach to curbing bullying. The teacher has a notable change in his voice and affect when talking to the head bully, showing his determination to not repeat the same mistakes that led to that situation and hope that the future will be better.

Something it took me far too long to realize is that not a single Shikigami has a Cursed Technique, and not a single Shikigami is a Cursed Technique, but rather they make part of one.

There's the part after Junpei dies and the school takes a more serious approach to curbing bullying. The teacher has a notable change in his voice and affect when talking to the head bully, showing his determination to not repeat the same mistakes that led to that situation and hope that the future will be better.
I'll add my thoughts to this

JJK is definitely not on the same level as EVA in terms of pessimism. Despite all the "this shit sucks" throughout the series, there's always the taste of hope, be it spoken or unspoken, that persists

Also I would find it a little distasteful if Yuji especially didn't get to live his life after everything he's been through

JJK is definitely not on the same level as EVA in terms of pessimism. Despite all the "this shit sucks" throughout the series, there's always the taste of hope, be it spoken or unspoken, that persists
Eva was always about hope tho, to accept yourself as you are and bla bla bla.

The world is kinda ruined and such, but the meaning in the end is that you need to like yourself before trying to like others, otherwise you will never be truly happy

Back