• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

Is it possible Gojo just let the World slash/dismantle hit him? Sukuna looked pretty damaged at that point and Gojo got a refresh/amp from the black flash he pulled. Being the arrogant and cocky sorcerer he is, Gojo thought he could tank it.

Kashimo: sees and dodges world slash
literally told it was about to be fired at him and still got clipped by it
jujutsu_kaisen_238_6.jpg
jujutsu_kaisen_238_7.jpg

Higuruma: can partially evade the world slash
??? when? what?
dude
jujutsu_kaisen_247_9.jpg
jujutsu_kaisen_247_11.jpg

the first time it was used on him he literally couldn't do a damned thing and the only reason he lived is cuse sukuna was playing with him
jujutsu_kaisen_247_12.jpg

Kusakabe: can predict where it will come from before it’s released
again he is literally told it's about to be fired
2024-03-23_114251.png

Maki: can see and dodge the world slash
she can actually see them true
Yuta: can tell when his dismantle is about to go off and collapses his DE as a distraction.
I mean he literally starts chanting when he is about to unleash it so I would hope yuta has enough brain power to figure out: "Sukuna has a pre-requisite of firing off his world dismantle by chanting.... and he is chanting right in front of me, better collapse that domain right about now"

Is it possible Gojo just let the World slash/dismantle hit him? Sukuna looked pretty damaged at that point and Gojo got a refresh/amp from the black flash he pulled. Being the arrogant and cocky sorcerer he is, Gojo thought he could tank it.
I think he just didn't think it could hit him, cuse again people its not like the world cutter was exactly what everyone knew sukuna managed to unlock by looking at maho, hell mr 10000 Iq kenny was even surprised by it.

and don't bring up that whole thing about paper bag guy and gojo being able to tell what his CT was, world dismantle isn't a different CT its the same CT sukuna has been using with an expanded target nothing else.

For me the problem is that while all of these character moments are cool in a vacuum, they dont lead to anything. Like Kusakabe gets his cool little moment were he stops being a coward and puts up an actual fight against Sukuna and then 2 pages later gets off screened.

Same thing with Yuta, he gives his little speach about feeling responsible for this mess because he went after Kenny and you know what that leads to... nothing. He does a cool 3v1 in his domain and then gets oneshot and all the damage him and Yuji dealt mean nothing because Sukuna landed black flash.
Not really sukuna might've gotten back some of his output but his RCT is still in the dump, he is missing 1 arm, the other still hasn't fully healed and is split in half and he is still missing the use of the second mouth.
Same thing with Higuruma, he talks about just wanting to complete his role and then die but guess what he doesnt even do that. He fails to confiscate Sukuna's technique and the executioners sword disappears before Yuji strikes Sukuna.
that wasn't really the point of his character I feel like, he is more clearly similar to Nanami aka growth and character progression for yuji, nanami also didn't achive much in his death, he didn't do much damage to dagon, he got blasted by jogo and mahito one taps him before he can even do anything.
Having character moments is obviously good but if those moments lead to nothing then it just makes the whole arc feel even more repetitive and pointless.
Honestly it feel like you are more focusing on what the characters can do to sukuna than the characters themselves, the theme's of these characters have been set and they are coming to their conclusion in this fight, sure some will achieve little when it comes to fighting sukuna and it will all come down to the next generation that gojo has been cultivating the 4 big hitters; maki, hakari, yuta (I feel like he is still alive and sukuna pointing out that he can't use limitless in 251 might be foreshadowing for what is gonna happen with yuta and gojo's corpse in a few chapters) and of course the one and only yuji itadori.

The fever of change, the destruction of old, the unending and unequivocal love and the indominable spirit of the new generation of sorcerers against the living calamity of old, the one who burns all in his way for the sake of his own satisfaction, the one who threw away love for it is worthless to him and destroyed the spirits and wills of thousands of sorcerers through his unending strength.

It is more than likely that half (if not 75%) of them will die by the end of it all but the theme here is clear.

The cultivation of the new done by gojo against the calamity and stagnation of old that is sukuna.

For me the problem is that while all of these character moments are cool in a vacuum, they dont lead to anything. Like Kusakabe gets his cool little moment were he stops being a coward and puts up an actual fight against Sukuna and then 2 pages later gets off screened.

Same thing with Yuta, he gives his little speach about feeling responsible for this mess because he went after Kenny and you know what that leads to... nothing. He does a cool 3v1 in his domain and then gets oneshot and all the damage him and Yuji dealt mean nothing because Sukuna landed black flash.

Same thing with Higuruma, he talks about just wanting to complete his role and then die but guess what he doesnt even do that. He fails to confiscate Sukuna's technique and the executioners sword disappears before Yuji strikes Sukuna.

Having character moments is obviously good but if those moments lead to nothing then it just makes the whole arc feel even more repetitive and pointless.
Reality is sometimes is not what everyone expect that's what the moto Gege is doing. You can't just expect Good guys to win just like that. Anyway Higuruma and Kusakabe does got some great writting overall. Especially Kusakabe this chapter was dope. His inner monologue just moved me.
Why isn't Maki like Low 7-C from being able to fight 15F Sukuna (C.E output only affects techniques last time I checked)
She did zero damage against Less than 10% of CE output 15F Sukuna. @SunDaGamer already made a good explanation why she isn't hanging around with special grades in Arkenis CRT. Yeah she isn't scaling to any High tiers.

Reality is sometimes is not what everyone expect that's what the moto Gege is doing. You can't just expect Good guys to win just like that. Anyway Higuruma and Kusakabe does got some great writting overall. Especially Kusakabe this chapter was dope. His inner monologue just moved me.

She did zero damage against Less than 10% of CE output 15F Sukuna. @SunDaGamer already made a good explanation why she isn't hanging around with special grades in Arkenis CRT. Yeah she isn't scaling to any High tiers.
her only thing right now is the speed and dura neg (info analysis as well but not as important in most situations)

basically unless she comes back and actually does something to sukuna without that soul split than to argue for low 7-C is possible, as it stands right now you can at best argue for low 7-C durability since she did take a beating and didn't turn to sludge after the first hit.

I swear to what ever god may exist I will kill that man one day
Lol
her only thing right now is the speed and dura neg (info analysis as well but not as important in most situations)

basically unless she comes back and actually does something to sukuna without that soul split than to argue for low 7-C is possible, as it stands right now you can at best argue for low 7-C durability since she did take a beating and didn't turn to sludge after the first hit.
Yeah her only plus point is SSK. She lacks speed and power to match Yuta and any high tiers.

that wasn't really the point of his character I feel like, he is more clearly similar to Nanami aka growth and character progression for yuji, nanami also didn't achive much in his death, he didn't do much damage to dagon, he got blasted by jogo and mahito one taps him before he can even do anything.
What more growth and character progression is Yuji gonna get from another character death? We have already done that 3 times, like cool he remembers that he is a Jujutsu sorcerer and locks in to kill Sukuna. That's something that was already doen in Shibuya.

Sacrificing Higuruma to give Yuji another "suffering builds character" moment instead of having him accomplish anything feels cheap.
Honestly it feel like you are more focusing on what the characters can do to sukuna than the characters themselves, the theme's of these characters have been set and they are coming to their conclusion in this fight

Sure some will achieve little when it comes to fighting sukuna and it will all come down to the next generation that gojo has been cultivating the 4 big hitters; maki, hakari, yuta (I feel like he is still alive and sukuna pointing out that he can't use limitless in 251 might be foreshadowing for what is gonna happen with yuta and gojo's corpse in a few chapters) and of course the one and only yuji itadori.
All of which have also achieved very little against Sukuna and currently are either half dead or getting stalled.

Passing of the torch is cool and all but Gege needs to show the new generation actually doing anything meaningful
The fever of change, the destruction of old, the unending and unequivocal love and the indominable spirit of the new generation of sorcerers against the living calamity of old, the one who burns all in his way for the sake of his own satisfaction, the one who threw away love for it is worthless to him and destroyed the spirits and wills of thousands of sorcerers through his unending strength.
Cool cool, but like can we actually see them doing something, because aside from the fight in Yuta's domain, everyone, including the new generation, have been getting systematicelly destroyed by Sukuna

Reality is sometimes is not what everyone expect that's what the moto Gege is doing. You can't just expect Good guys to win just like that
Yes yes unpredictability, the world is cruel, characters get beaten and die without warning, but heres the issue i've always had with this defence, JJK isnt reality, this is a story and in a story making things unsatisfying or unpredictable for the sake of it will eventually get repetitive.

When one of the characters dies unceremoniously or the good guys suffer a great loss for the millionth time in the story, it doesnt feel like a comment on the cruelness of reality, it just feels like Gege is wasting my time

Reality is sometimes is not what everyone expect that's what the moto Gege is doing. You can't just expect Good guys to win just like that.
Wanna talk a bit more about this because this is something that really bothers me about this series.

The good guys have not had a single major victory since Shibuya. In Shibyua they fail to unseal Gojo, a **** ton of civilians and sorcerers die, Kenny starts the culling games and releases millions of curses on to the world. Shibuya was by all accounts a failure and that's fine but then it doesnt stop.

In the culling games we have the overarching goal of saving Megumi's sister, but guess what they fail at that too because dumbass Yorozu secretly was in control of her body the whole time and to make things worse Sukuna now took over Megumi's body, dunked on Yuji again and killed his sister.

While all of this tomfuckery is happening Yuki and Choso fail to protect Tengen from Kenjaku, who is one step closer to causing the literal apocalypse.

And in the current arc no one aside from Gojo have managed to push Sukuna past low diff and keep getting destroyed.

The onevictory the good guys have gotten is Yuta killing Kenjaku, but even that is only a half victory because now Sukuna has the eights to cause the merger, which is arguably even worse.

The point to all of this rambling is to say that the good guys failing to do anything significant to Sukuna is frustrating because we 've never seen them not fail post Shibuya and the series starts to feel like misery ****. Because it's not shocking anymore, the good guys losing or dying stopped being shocking back in Shibuya. And guess what it isnt realistic either, because reality isnt universally awful and miserable, its unfair but that unfairness goes both ways, if Gege was straiving for realism he'd be at least giving the good guys some victories to balance it out.

Because it's not shocking anymore, the good guys losing or dying stopped being shocking back in Shibuya. And guess what it isnt realistic either, because reality isnt universally awful and miserable, its unfair but that unfairness goes both ways, if Gege was straiving for realism he'd be at least giving the good guys some victories to balance it out.
Which is probably why this is where they'll finally win. Sukuna is most definitely getting defeated. I feel the hints for his incoming defeat are definitely there.

I think Yuji and Maki did some damage via knocking him back and showing some relativity, and I don't think C.E output affects physical prowess, I will check out the CRT though I still believe she should be Low 7-C for this

I think Yuji and Maki did some damage via knocking him back and showing some relativity, and I don't think C.E output affects physical prowess, I will check out the CRT though I still believe she should be Low 7-C for this
Megumi body is weak AF. Without CE Reinforcements he is Higuruma victim. We see Full power 15F Sukuna blitzing Ryu who is relative to Yuta and Yuta scales way above Maki.

Wanna talk a bit more about this because this is something that really bothers me about this series.

The good guys have not had a single major victory since Shibuya. In Shibyua they fail to unseal Gojo, a **** ton of civilians and sorcerers die, Kenny starts the culling games and releases millions of curses on to the world. Shibuya was by all accounts a failure and that's fine but then it doesnt stop.

In the culling games we have the overarching goal of saving Megumi's sister, but guess what they fail at that too because dumbass Yorozu secretly was in control of her body the whole time and to make things worse Sukuna now took over Megumi's body, dunked on Yuji again and killed his sister.

While all of this tomfuckery is happening Yuki and Choso fail to protect Tengen from Kenjaku, who is one step closer to causing the literal apocalypse.

And in the current arc no one aside from Gojo have managed to push Sukuna past low diff and keep getting destroyed.

The onevictory the good guys have gotten is Yuta killing Kenjaku, but even that is only a half victory because now Sukuna has the eights to cause the merger, which is arguably even worse.

The point to all of this rambling is to say that the good guys failing to do anything significant to Sukuna is frustrating because we 've never seen them not fail post Shibuya and the series starts to feel like misery ****. Because it's not shocking anymore, the good guys losing or dying stopped being shocking back in Shibuya. And guess what it isnt realistic either, because reality isnt universally awful and miserable, its unfair but that unfairness goes both ways, if Gege was straiving for realism he'd be at least giving the good guys some victories to balance it out.
This is wrong they had two mission after Shibuya
  • Save Gojo (They completed it) so they won this
  • Save Megumi sister (They failed)
So it's 1:1 on each sides. Even fights
  • Yuta won 3 way battle
  • Yuji smoked 2 Reincarnated Sorcerers
  • Megumi smoked 2 Reincarnated Sorcerers
  • Hakari won a battle
  • Maki has been on winning side
I don't know where you got this idea of good guys has been losing end

Shinjuku Showdown
Main cast won against Kenjaku
Currently Sukuna fight is going on you can't just spam after Shibuya ignoring Good guys winning percentage.
  • Sukuna won against (Gojo, Higuruma, Yuta , Kusakabe and maki)
  • Kenjaku won against Takaba
If you look at this. This is just balanced In CG good guys won too many battles currently they are just losing that's all. Only win got villains got in CG is Kenny smokin' Yuki nothing else.

Megumi body is weak AF. Without CE Reinforcements he is Higuruma victim. We see Full power 15F Sukuna blitzing Ryu who is relative to Yuta and Yuta scales way above Maki.
With Maki scaling to 15F Sukuna she would be on par if not above Yuta, but fair point with Megunas body but compared to Yujikuna's body they should not be too far off from having relative physical prowess, much like how Sukuna said he had enough C.E to take on Yuji or he is still at 15F worth of his own power and C.E

With Maki scaling to 15F Sukuna she would be on par if not above Yuta, but fair point with Megunas body but compared to Yujikuna's body they should not be too far off from having relative physical prowess, much like how Sukuna said he had enough C.E to take on Yuji or he is still at 15F worth of his own power and C.E
Nothing in the series puts Maki on Yuta's level. Consistently, Gojo and the narrative put Yuta on a level way above Maki's. She is only relevant because of SSK and her lack of CE, making her a hard counter to perception. I will send you the full arguments for this later. Pretty much, there are numerous statements that put Hakari and Yuta way above everyone in the verse (except Gojo on the good guys' side), but nothing states anything about Maki. Even in the current arc, her role was a sneak attack, nothing else, as they know she can't do anything in a straightforward way.

This is wrong they had two mission after Shibuya
  • Save Gojo (They completed it) so they won this
Ngl my brain completely skipped over this, because well... 236
So it's 1:1 on each sides. Even fights
  • Yuta won 3 way battle
  • Yuji smoked 2 Reincarnated Sorcerers
  • Megumi smoked 2 Reincarnated Sorcerers
  • Hakari won a battle
  • Maki has been on winning sid
None of which matter to the grand scheme of the story. Their reason for even joining the culling games were to save Megumi's sister and to find angel, the former ends up being meaningless because of Yorozu and the latter happens indiepndently of their fights when Hana finds Megumi in an alley randomly.

Their wins in the culling games can be written out of the story and no major plot point will change

People like to say that Maki’s performance is the worst among the Jujutsu High gang, and while yes, it’s very underwhelming, she was unlucky as ****.

The Sukuna she fought was further weakened, yet he was not holding back anymore.

If anyone else in the verse fought the Sukuna she fought, even with the injuries, they’d get their asses beaten badly.

If that Sukuna blitzed Maki, he blitzes everyone else. If this Sukuna overpowered her physically, then he does the same to everyone else.

People like to say that Maki’s performance is the worst among the Jujutsu High gang, and while yes, it’s very underwhelming, she was unlucky as ****.

The Sukuna she fought was further weakened, yet he was not holding back anymore.

If anyone else in the verse fought the Sukuna she fought, even with the injuries, they’d get their asses beaten badly.

If that Sukuna blitzed Maki, he blitzes everyone else. If this Sukuna overpowered her physically, then he does the same to everyone else.
Can we all accept Maki is basically top 3 in verse? No one in the verse besides Yuji and Mahito could regenerate from soul attacks and soul attacks hinder them. And she can see and cut through Sukuna’s slashes, the thing everyone struggled against. She’s cutting anyone with higher durability and surprising them with Soul Katana. Absolutely no one knows the soul katana 😭. ALSO where are Maki’s weapons? There’s no way they didn’t repair them for the coming battles?? Maki with spiked pc could’ve been amazing right about now.

:unsure:

I mean she’s not really top 3 because the top 4 to 6 beat her given they have hax and such but I won’t stand here reading people writing that Yuta somehow hits harder than her and moves faster than her to the point of blitzing. Although he still beats her.

The Sukuna Maki fought was not holding back. The Sukuna Yuta fought was holding back.

Maki could never 😤
11-AS8g1pcPVILjY-m.jpg

I don't buy Desperate gamble = holding back
6-CdjRfhlTXcUpZ-m.jpg

Ngl my brain completely skipped over this, because well... 236

None of which matter to the grand scheme of the story. Their reason for even joining the culling games were to save Megumi's sister and to find angel, the former ends up being meaningless because of Yorozu and the latter happens indiepndently of their fights when Hana finds Megumi in an alley randomly.

Their wins in the culling games can be written out of the story and no major plot point will change
The wins they took does matters because they added rules so that they can pass between colonies which is pretty important points for the story. Otherwise Gojo would be staying within some unknown colony. Same goes for others. Angel can pass on her own not others so her CT wouldn't have helped any one.

@Giannysmag @Sir_sun_man
TCB: 🔥🔥🔥
18-aNVzuwOvEX6Y7-m.jpg

Viz: 🤢🤢🤢
18--xGLUBTBEoWYB-m.jpg

Wtf is this island folks with poor anthena and if you don't know me you don't belong here. John werry adding shit which isn't even exist in Raws 😭.

Viz:
6-xe67Pd1TlHO20-m.jpg

Werry Killed whole sentence of what Sukuna said regarding WS & SD.
7-5LPojONrGQMQe-m.jpg

@Giannysmag @Sir_sun_man
TCB: 🔥🔥🔥
18-aNVzuwOvEX6Y7-m.jpg

Viz: 🤢🤢🤢
18--xGLUBTBEoWYB-m.jpg

Wtf is this island folks with poor anthena and if you don't know me you don't belong here. John werry adding shit which isn't even exist in Raws 😭.

Viz:
6-xe67Pd1TlHO20-m.jpg

Werry Killed whole sentence of what Sukuna said regarding WS & SD.
7-5LPojONrGQMQe-m.jpg
Bro i swear that man John Werry is doing it intentionally, i have never seen a professional translator make things sound this convoloted

Bro i swear that man John Werry is doing it intentionally, i have never seen a professional translator make things sound this convoloted
Yeah, it seems like he's doing it intentionally. His previous translations weren't this bad overall (they were bad, but not this much), but most of the recent chapters are worse. He's adding things that aren't even in the raws. I kinda feel sorry for people who buy Viz and read his translation.

I wish full heavenly restriction with no CE was stronger
Being honest about what Gege is cooking, he made it clear when Gojo mentioned Hakari and Yuta reaching his level, despite Maki already being introduced in the series and having HR. Gojo never had hopes for Maki to reach his level, despite being beaten by Toji, who had the peak of HR users' body and power so far. This pretty much indicates that HR users are strong, but they never had any chance to reach the heights of Hakari and Yuta.

This is my analysis. It's not the first time Gojo consistently expressed hopes for Hakari and Yuta throughout the series to reach his level. Todo was supposed to be special grade if given time, and he had that talent. Gojo also had hopes for Yuji, who was recruited recently, yet he never had hopes for Maki to reach his level. There is also the fact that Gojo advised Hakari and Yuta to carry on in the current arc, ignoring Maki. I kind of feel like Gege made it clear that even if Maki is given a good amount of strength, she isn't reaching the high tiers level in potential or power.

What I'm saying it seems like Gege made it clear Maki can't reach the height of someone like Special Grade without any Cursed tools. Her only plus point in current arc was SSK. NGL if she brought any other Cursed Tools it would have gone to waste as even SSK did barely anything. Only one hit so far without that she did barely anything. Throwing Sukuna isn't a big feat it's just weightlifting. Even Peak Grade 1 Sorcerer like Kusakabe does that as shown in recent chapter. It doesn't need special grade level up to lift Sukuna. Overall I don't see the impressive feats from her without cursed tools. Feels like Gege was fixated on keeping a difference between Yuta or any other special grade Sorcerer and Maki a HR user power level pretty much clear.

Last edited:
Back