• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

Firstly, Yuji only landed after the attack was shot as communicated to us, so he couldn't move his body any good way until it was that close most likely. Secondly, it's not that I"m just going in favour of big number, I'm just following the standards that have been used here for as long as I've been a member. I actually would be fine would transonic to supersonic whatever speeds. I just know, that here the calcs are considered more important. Especially if there is more than one that goes against such statements. The narrative and context given, also don't invalidate the calcs as you seem to so vehemently believe cause the logic behind them isn't as crazy as you're making it out to be.

No they are not. Because what inflated it was several things, not one. I told you what all they wore, and I also told you none of them exist within the Yuji calc. And Yuji reacting at point blank range doesn't contradict the narrative or previous calculated feats. Because, Yuji saying something is too fast, doesn't equal him being unable to react to it. That's just what you're assuming.

Her counting after getting hit does support that she can react to Naoya, which is what you're trying to say she can't do in this fight. And of course, at the very end, she's shown reacting to him, so trying to argue that she can't doesn't make sense even in context of the narrative as you seem to want to parade around.
This wiki is no stranger to doing things oddly I can give examples however just because a verse or two does something one way doesn’t mean everyone has to follow that method especially when it’s wrong. There’s more supporting lower speeds for these characters aside from the calcs Shadow has done we have narrative and statements. Also I don’t think you saw it since I edited the comment but PB is said by Yuji to only be fast at the start so it does slow down as it travels which would impact the rating of the calc anyhow.

Yuji stating something is too fast means it is faster than him. A character can dodge things faster than themselves but they wouldn’t scale fully to it. Like I said you can dodge an arrow with good distance but you aren’t subsonic.

She effectively trapped Naoya and even baited his attack. I ask again if she can react to him and keep up why not end him earlier or defend herself in any capacity?

This wiki is no stranger to doing things oddly I can give examples however just because a verse or two does something one way doesn’t mean everyone has to follow that method especially when it’s wrong. There’s more supporting lower speeds for these characters aside from the calcs Shadow has done we have narrative and statements. Also I don’t think you saw it since I edited the comment but PB is said by Yuji to only be fast at the start so it does slow down as it travels which would impact the rating of the calc anyhow.
It's not a verse or two that will dismiss in-universe statements if they're contradicted by calcs. It's the entire Death of the Author argument which is used widely here. And there's more feats supporting higher speeds for these characters than the statements. The narrative itself, will be ignored for the most part cause it also supports the calcuated feats with them happening in the narrative. The narrative doesn't just support your argument. And to note about that very thing, of it only moves fast in the beginning, Yuji also mentions that as long as he dodges even if it changes direction he can still close the distance. With Yuji only making this observation after dodging not the intial blast, but the follow up slash with the attack Choso makes, it can be assumed that Yuji is talking about it slowing down only when Choso does a follow up attacking with the same Piercing blood.
Yuji stating something is too fast means it is faster than him. A character can dodge things faster than themselves but they wouldn’t scale fully to it. Like I said you can dodge an arrow with good distance but you aren’t subsonic.
No it doesn't. It simply does not mean it is faster than him. And you keep bringing up this arrow, but if you were to dodge the arrow, and only move right before it hit you, you'd be faster than the arrow because of the distance it was before you dodged. That's how that works.
She effectively trapped Naoya and even baited his attack. I ask again if she can react to him and keep up why not end him earlier or defend herself in any capacity?
Cause she didn't fully understand Projection Sorcery. What makes it dangerous and hard to deal with, isn't just the speed. It's also the odd condition of only 24 movements in a second. That's what the entire end of the fight Maki is pointing to. And also, using your own logic against you, how would she be able to even trap him and bait an attack if she can't keep up in some capacity, he'd be too fast for even a counter-attack.

Maki can't have this fight or pull off her win if she can't react to Naoya, simple as that.

JJK mid tiers scale above mach 1. That's pretty clear considering all of the feats before and Kamo reacting to Naoya's beyond mach 1 speed off guard without even using Flowing Red Scale.

High tier Grade 1 Sorcerers should scale to that level based on pervious feats as well

Depending on how Maki does, she might scale to Mach 3 and such

High tiers like Hakari and Kashimo scale to lightning timing in terms of reactions and combat speed, and Gojo etc scales above.

Yuta and the Sendai crew upscales from human Naoya

Though keep in mind for the >Mach 1 people, they scale in terms of reactions and combat speed only, while the Projection Sorcery users and Curse Naoya scale in terms of movement speed as well as combat and reactions

This thread has been a little inactive for a while but I would like to get a final thoughts on it and adding it to the home page. Any additional info that comes later can be simply added.

Yeah pretty much. I have yuta being "likely 7-B" given his scaling above logo. Kenjaku's also stated to be above Jogo and able to outright take control of him via csm.

Should removed the possibly rating from Kenjaku if it comes from hurting Yuji in anyway. Since Kenjaku doesn't actually use any cursed spirits when he does attack Yuji. We never see one appear alongside him when he does any of the techniques like with Geto. And seeing as he's explaining the true secret to Uzumaki when he does it, the real assumption should be that Kenjaku is using absorbed cursed techinques when he does all those attacks.
It should probably be removed from the verse page then
The verse page is outdated in a lot of ways, it'll get removed when the CRT to fix it up goes through.

Should removed the possibly rating from Kenjaku if it comes from hurting Yuji in anyway. Since Kenjaku doesn't actually use any cursed spirits when he does attack Yuji. We never see one appear alongside him when he does any of the techniques like with Geto. And seeing as he's explaining the true secret to Uzumaki when he does it, the real assumption should be that Kenjaku is using absorbed cursed techinques when he does all those attacks.
There is no possibly rating, it's a varies rating with his cursed spirits and these are the same cursed spirits Geto used
0133-015.png

0004-008.png

I meant the likely rating but I will admit I was wrong about the attacks on Yuji, hadn't realized those were centipedes when reading.

Why are all the abilities page sandboxes for the verse not using the in-verse name for the power system? Why not just use Curse Energy for the name?

Why are all the abilities page sandboxes for the verse not using the in-verse name for the power system? Why not just use Curse Energy for the name?
Because they are sorcerer abilities not cursed energy abilities. I am inclined to believe the curses have similar abilities though, I'd just need to recheck or see some thing supporting it but i guess it can just be curse energy page

But none of those powers come from them being sorcerers. All of them just come from the nature of Cursed Energy. Curses don't just have similar abilities, they have the same ones and more generally.

Wow, this chapter kinda mid, and uh Heavenly Restricted body has High-low Regen, due to Maki being able to recover her eye and being confident she could heal from the wounds Naoya gave her in 5 minutes

Wow, this chapter kinda mid, and uh Heavenly Restricted body has High-low Regen, due to Maki being able to recover her eye and being confident she could heal from the wounds Naoya gave her in 5 minutes
High low Regen? Not bad also kind of makes sense if everything is buffed an increased healing factor wouldn’t be crazy

wow small building jjk, so then all the top tier who can move at massively hypersonic speed should have multi city block durability(?)

wow small building jjk, so then all the top tier who can move at massively hypersonic speed should have multi city block durability(?)
Not really as there are more factors in play such as mass, assuming Naoya is 80kg, he would need wall level durability at mach 3. Although Naoya is now not human and is complete different size, proportions and substances so its unknown. Then again small building current jjk characters would be inconsistent with BoS characters having small building level feats.

Think it's time to accept the verse is just at best small building to city block physically and through max techniques are higher.

Not really as there are more factors in play such as mass, assuming Naoya is 80kg, he would need wall level durability at mach 3. Although Naoya is now not human and is complete different size, proportions and substances so its unknown. Then again small building current jjk characters would be inconsistent with BoS characters having small building level feats.
The destruction Naoya causes along his wake is well beyond Wall Level too, there's a massive disconnect between what Gege draws and what he thinks, Naoya's existence is their worst mistake

The destruction Naoya causes along his wake is well beyond Wall Level too, there's a massive disconnect between what Gege draws and what he thinks, Naoya's existence is their worst mistake
I don't hate Naoya, but it does seem like this fight only exist to contradict the earlier chapters and even itself. Cause with the destruction he caused just attacking Maki the first time after being reborn, to assume anything less than Bulding level seems suspect.

Kusakabe tanking the uzumaki just hard counters the building thing. I really wish Gege would just simply calc some of the stuff he says. It's insane to me that he can go and get scientific accuracy for the electricity of Kashimo but couldn't calc the kinetic energy of Naoya moving.

Someone
Classic case of the author is not calcing any of this.
No, it goes beyond that, what Gege is doing is ludicrous
Naoya is a walking flying retroactive continuity and it makes Gege look like they don't know what they're doing at all, I wonder what Gege was thinking centering a supposedly speedy character around the Speed of Sound right after having a whole lightning battle.
And somehow they also think the difference in Mach 1.1 and Mach 3 is big enough to make huge note off while still drawing ridiculous showings beyond what they wrote down.

I don't even know if I made sense with any of that but this back and forth powerscaling of the verse is pissing me off

Back