• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

Because it’s luck and you’re arguing that luck will happen.
Sure it's luck but Yuji is depicted as exceptionally lucky when it comes to BF, again greater than not chance. Using competitive Pokémon terms here because I'm a big nerd, if you are facing Thunderus-T who has Focus Blast you aren't going to send in your Ferrothorn to check it because while FB only has 70% accuracy it is still very possible for it to land and if it does you will get dumpstered

But in this case you have numbers. Going by what Gojo says about BF, weather conditions matter, there is the timing thing, but in the end it's luck.

You can argue it's going to happen. I can argue it's not going to happen.

But in this case you have numbers. Going by what Gojo says about BF, weather conditions matter, there is the timing thing, but in the end it's luck.

You can argue it's going to happen. I can argue it's not going to happen.
While we don't have hard numbers we still have the fact that he has had more fights where he landed than not as well as several statements that he is exceptionally lucky with the move.

I'm not saying he is guaranteed to land it but that if a match up is otherwise close (say Vs Yuki) I'm gonna give Yuji the edge because he has a much higher chance of hitting a BF than his opponent

It's largely luck but Yuji clearly has an exceptional affinity to the point that Black Flash is semi-reliable for him. It's even said that while he can't use it at will he's "so good" that it makes one think he can, so there's clearly factors to it that are just as important as random chance. Yuji's not like Hakari where his luck is constantly emphasized as extraordinary, so whatever makes him unusually good at landing Black Flashes isn't just pure luck.

Last edited:
While we don't have hard numbers we still have the fact that he has had more fights where he landed than not as well as several statements that he is exceptionally lucky with the move.
It's not about number of fights but number of attacks he deals without hitting a BF. How many attacks he landed in this fights before he landed a BF? It took Yuji like ~12 hits before his first BF with Sukuna.

Yuki doesn't even need to land a BF on Yuji to hit harder than him so it's kind of useless to her.

It's not about number of fights but number of attacks he deals without hitting a BF. How many attacks he landed in this fights before he landed a BF? It took Yuji like ~12 hits before his first BF with Sukuna.

Yuki doesn't even need to land a BF on Yuji to hit harder than him so it's kind of useless to her.
It took like 2 hits before he landed his first one on Hanami and landed one immediately once he locked in against Mahito. And once he gets one going he isn't gonna be stopping either

And it's not true that Garuda has zero dura feats. With Star Rage it is able to withstand Yuki kicking it to one-shot a Special Grade CS.

And it's not true that Garuda has zero dura feats. With Star Rage it is able to withstand Yuki kicking it to one-shot a Special Grade CS.
Wasn't it stated that Star Rage has no effect on the user itself. So Garuda destroying the spirit wouldn't be a dura feat unless you think Yuki also has a one shot level difference in dura over Kenny

Wasn't it stated that Star Rage has no effect on the user itself. So Garuda destroying the spirit wouldn't be a dura feat unless you think Yuki also has a one shot level difference in dura over Kenny
No, it's not about that. Kenjaku says it's about not lowering the speed, Garuda is still getting kicked by a Star Rage powered up Yuki.

Not the same. This Sukuna was taking numerous Black Flashes from Itadori and his output was low enough to do skin thich damage on Itadori with Dismantle.
Fair enough but the fact the he could also tabk Yuji's BF like that and still got hurt by Shrine is another point to it being pretty strong
No, it's not about that. Kenjaku says it's about not lowering the speed
He says that there is no effect on the sorcerer
l87A4FV.png

And later brings up dura
3278m9k.png

Garuda is still getting kicked by a Star Rage powered up Yuki.
No it's Yuki kicking a Garuda that is then imbued with Star Rage
GCgDaw4.png

Yuji definitely weakens ppl a ton specially since all his feats were on Sukuna
But Yorozu isn't stupid either
Not only does she start off with ranged attacks, but the second she feels her output drop, she's going bug armour
And if he so much as cracks it, she will use domain expansion alongside her sphere and I cannot for the life of me see a way Yuji survives that

He could probably just use Shrine to cut Garuda up
Its not strong enough.

Do I need to show you the scans of him getting his whole side destroyed by cleave and RCTing again. What about him getting his whole body shredded by MS and instantly reattaching
And he can't keep doing that with every hit from Yuki.

Pretty much every time a fight comes down to hands Yuji had the advantage (Todo, Choso, Mahito). CQC was the only thing he could do for nost of the series so he is obviously pretty good at it.
It's still something he can pull of far more consistently than basically everyone else in the verse
I don't really get what you mean here. Yuji still retained things like Shrine, his DE and to a certain extend better CE refinement after the fight
Yuji's fights are almost never him having the edge, against Todo he was gonna lose if Todo didn't give him advice lmao. With Choso, he lost and they were comparable at best, and Mahito was comparable to him too, hell Mahito was literally gonna win if Yuji didn't hit a bf and didn't have Todo helping him.
And I'm talking about start of Shinjuku Yuji, he isn't gonna be running on 7 black flashes amp, he's gonna be the same Yuji who was getting bullied and outperforming others.

Ok but like why would you use Sukuna as a reference. Not only is he the literal strongest character in the verse, he also specifically took measures to make sure Megumi's body wouldn't slip out of his control
So then we have nothing to go off on and thus Yuji's soul hits are unquantifiable against other reincarnated.

evry other reincarnated would take a lot less to be seriously effected by the soul attacks
Prove this.

I also don't get why you guys are so against Yuji using BF as a wincon. To put it into perspective, out of the 7 major fights Yuji has had since unlocking the move he has landed it in 4 of them. That's a higher than not chance of him landing BF and 2 of the times he didn't do it barely even count because he was either holding back (against Yuta) or straight up didn't have CE to use (against Higuruma)
Put it into perspective, Yuji hasn't hit a bf since the one on Mahito and after this he's been through like 7 fights. When he's literally the only one capable of continuing to fight Sukuna he finally hits one, especially when he got help from Larue getting Sukuna off guard. Just saying its disingenuous to say its a win con when we're shown Yuji needs concentration, aid, and an opening to hit them when its beneficial.

On Hanami he got help from Todo
On Eso he was just lucky
On Mahito he had help from Todo and had already hit one prior which he also had focused up on due to the events that had just played out and getting hope about Nobara.

Fighting someone like Yuki who's gonna be one shotting and having Garuda in the field to hinder him, its gonna be impossible.

Its not strong enough.
Already went over this
And he can't keep doing that with every hit from Yuki.
He certainly could against Sukuna. He even calls out the fact that most of the attacks he took inside Yuta's domain would have been lethal without RCT. Yuji can naturally convert his CE to blood, reattach limbs and overall is much more capable when using RCT due to his physiology. If an attack doesn't destroy his head it simply won't kill him
Yuji's fights are almost never him having the edge, against Todo he was gonna lose if Todo didn't give him advice lmao.
He was outskilling Todo for most of that fight, Todo just helped him improve his CE control
With Choso, he lost and they were comparable at best,
He lost because Choso surprised him with the blood armor and then one shot him. In terms of raw skill Yuji was superior
and Mahito was comparable to him too
Mahito was spamming big moves and shapeshifting but any time they fought with straight hands Yuji mopped him
hell Mahito was literally gonna win if Yuji didn't hit a bf and didn't have Todo helping him.
Yes a massively powered up Mahito was gonna do that, no amount of skill is gonna save you when your opponent can Senator Armstrong through all your attacks
And I'm talking about start of Shinjuku Yuji, he isn't gonna be running on 7 black flashes amp, he's gonna be the same Yuji who was getting bullied and outperforming others.
And I'm talking about end of Shinjuku Yuji, i think I made that pretty clear with all the times I brought up Shrine or his DE
So then we have nothing to go off on and thus Yuji's soul hits are unquantifiable against other reincarnated.
Prove this.
Sukuna has the highest CE output in the verse (or is tied with Gojo) and even while nerfed from UV he was dealing one shot level damage to Yuta and Yuji, so while the drop in output may not seem that significant, it is when you consider who Yuji is up against. Against sorcerers with much lower outputs than Sukuna the drop is gonna be much more obvious

Same thing with their control over their bodies weakening. Sukuna had specifically taken measures to insure Megumi could never break free from his control so his grip on his body is gonna be far greater than any other reincarnated players
Put it into perspective, Yuji hasn't hit a bf since the one on Mahito and after this he's been through like 7 fights.
Yuta, Helicopter guy, Higuruma, 16F Meguna. Idk where you saw the 7 fights his been in since Mahito. Against Yuta he was actively holding back and wanting to die, against Higuruma he didn't have CE to use BF with and he one shot the Helicopter guy anyway.
Just saying its disingenuous to say its a win con when we're shown Yuji needs concentration, aid, and an opening to hit them when its beneficial.

On Hanami he got help from Todo
On Eso he was just lucky
On Mahito he had help from Todo and had already hit one prior which he also had focused up on due to the events that had just played out and getting hope about Nobara.

Fighting someone like Yuki who's gonna be one shotting and having Garuda in the field to hinder him, its gonna be impossible.
He hit his first ever BF on Hanami with no outside help or experience using it before and did so as Hanami was attacking him. The reason he's always had outside help when performing BF is because Yuji has outside help in most of his fights anyway but that doesn't mean he can't use it on his own. Especially when it's mentioned several times that he extremely lucky with the move, to the point where Mahito new he'd be shredded if he didn't take it into account while fighting him solo.

I think it's a lot more disingenuous to act like the technique that's basically Yuji's main move somehow is a non factor in his match ups.

In conclusion...
4Qb6OzI.png

Back