• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

I know the discussion about Subsonic is over, but have someone ever stopped to think that if that happened the characters would also be tier 9 because Naoy said his attacks were KE? I thought this only now

Anyway, does anyone remember how many floors Itadori, Todo and Mahito were underground at the time of the fight?
Personally I’m not sure about that point in the fight
But I remember Nanami was killed near A7
Not sure if it is a helpful indicator of depth but its something

Since it's not possible to use a HH+/MSH speed with the Piercing Blood for calculation, for reference, I think a waterjet assumption is fair (762m/s)
People will continue to have a problem with its statement about slowing down after initial launch. Can't really get passed that honestly. Best is just to use around sos than any far higher.

Since it's not possible to use a HH+/MSH speed with the Piercing Blood for calculation, for reference, I think a waterjet assumption is fair (762m/s)
Actually I was thinking about possibly calculating how far it moves relative to its Sonic booms/vapor cones
Not sure if Vapor cones extend at Transonic - Supersonic speeds though

But I agree Water jet is fair since Piercing blood is shooting highly pressurized liquid above the speed of sound like a water jet does.

I was looking at some chapters and I realized something interesting

The same attack that Geto hit Panda and Toge caused an earthquake. But I don't know if this scales, since they both almost died

Thoughts?
They’d get at most ratings probably during Volume 0
As you know at least they didn’t actually die or get splattered although it wounded them immensely
Looks like a Magnitude 4 Earthquake which would put what they were hit with around 15 tons if I remember the earthquake page right

An earthquake that is felt by everyone and affects buildings is magnitude 5
The description accepted by the site is said:
5.0–5.9ModerateVI to VIICan cause damage of varying severity to poorly constructed buildings. Zero to slight damage to all other buildings. Felt by everyone.1,000 to 1,500 per year
The description of a used calculator on the wiki says:
3.5-5.4Often felt, but rarely causes damage
So magnitude 5 baseline its correct. This is a low-end, because Japan's buildings are earthquake resistant

At least I guess.
Last time I calculated the size of the jujutsu association I get ~1 kilometer. Maybe the result is interesting, but I doubt it will scale to anyone

An earthquake that is felt by everyone and affects buildings is magnitude 5
The description accepted by the site is said:
5.0–5.9ModerateVI to VIICan cause damage of varying severity to poorly constructed buildings. Zero to slight damage to all other buildings. Felt by everyone.1,000 to 1,500 per year
The description of a used calculator on the wiki says:
3.5-5.4Often felt, but rarely causes damage
So magnitude 5 baseline its correct. This is a low-end, because Japan's buildings are earthquake resistant

At least I guess.
Last time I calculated the size of the jujutsu association I get ~1 kilometer. Maybe the result is interesting, but I doubt it will scale to anyone
If the earthquake was Magnitude 5 a km away it’s likely 8-A+ or low 7-C based on another earthquake Calc I saw

about maki's bullet feat:

rework of this calc here:

Maki's arm 45px/0.706m
Mai 131px/1.7m
Panel Height 149px
2atan(tan(70/2)×(45/149)=
0.284266968rad:16.28729752deg
Distance:2.4668m
2atan(tan(70/2)×(131/149)=
0.789426632rad:45.23081424deg
Distance:2.0404m
This is the distance Maki was from Mai
2.4668-2.0404=0.426m
Average Revolver Speed:430m/s
Distance Maki moved:0.554m
(0.554×430)/0.426=559m/s or Mach 1.62 (Supersonic)

jujutsu_kaisen_42_11_1.jpg

Maki_Bullet_calc.png

Thoughts?

Sukuna arrives behind Megumi without him being able to see him at all, despite looking at the building and its entrance. Considering Jujutsu sorceress, even lower ranks are above normal humans, there perception speeds should be too, I will be using the perception speed of pilots in darkness/dark environments (1/220th of a second (0.00454545454 seconds))

Probably too high
I’ll use 0.08s to be conservative

78.5481403708/0.08 = 981.852 m/s, Mach 2.88

420.726203209/0.08 = 5259.077 m/s, Mach 15.45 hypersonic+

Maki's arm 45px/0.706m
Mai 131px/1.7m
Panel Height 149px
2.4668-2.0404=0.426m

Maki_Bullet_calc.png

Thoughts?
Should use Pythagorean theorem

Maki's arm 45px/0.706m
Mai 131px/1.7m
Panel Height 149px
2.4668-2.0404=0.426m

Maki_Bullet_calc.png

Thoughts?
I disagree. Gage worked with the anime and helped explain the timeframe of the scenes. In the manga the scene is confusing, we use the anime in several cases when the manga scan sucks. Here it's the same thing

^In these two cases the anime was used because it just had better context, but here in Jujutsu we have confirmation that Gage helps the anime's timeframe + Better context. So yeah, no

EDIT: And that link is not to the currently accepted calculation. The accepted one is this
The timeframe doesn't make sense considering if the bullet was only moving at 60m/s then the timeframe would be 0.016secs and it should take into consideration the distance Maki was from Mai not where the bullet was after it was already fired then the calc sounds like Maki was directly staring down the point of the barrel before it fired

Probably too high
I’ll use 0.08s to be conservative

78.5481403708/0.08 = 981.852 m/s, Mach 2.88

420.726203209/0.08 = 5259.077 m/s, Mach 15.45 hypersonic+
I think just px scaling the distance Mahoraga’s fist (While assuming Mahoraga is punching at Superhuman or Subsonic speeds for different ends) was from Shigemo’s face is best but that’s me

Last edited:

Maki's arm 45px/0.706m
Mai 131px/1.7m
Panel Height 149px
2.4668-2.0404=0.426m

Maki_Bullet_calc.png

Thoughts?
Kinda ignores the significance of how close the bullet was.

I am going to say it right now. I do not agree with a ton of the calced feats currently being used and also those I have seen in the previous pages and plan on revising a lot of them. I think this verse has crazy inflation issues mostly due to inflated timeframes and some because of terrible images being used for some of the scaling when better ones exist.

I am going to say it right now. I do not agree with a ton of the calced feats currently being used and also those I have seen in the previous pages and plan on revising a lot of them. I think this verse has crazy inflation issues mostly due to inflated timeframes and some because of terrible images being used for some of the scaling when better ones exist.
I mean you could at least mention at least 1-2 of the calcs you have the most problem with
You don’t have to go in depth for now as you plan on revising later but I’d like to hear something sounding more constructive than that

I would do so, it was late for me and I wanted to mention it in this thread before you did any CRTs as you mentioned to Mitch.

Going to start with current verse stuff.

Firstly I dont know why Gojo's crater was calced. The first obvious issue is that it was done with spatial hax not power. The second one is that it is obviously not the whole crater.

I hope I dont have to explain why anyone scaling above Jogo's Domain expansion is one of the wackest uses of scaling I have ever seen. The calc in itself also has issues. There is 0 proof that the hole at the top is the same diameter as the space between Jogo and Gojo. As a volcano should be it is likely that the hole is actually smaller. The "mountain" itself is not mountain sized at all. There is 0 proof of that being the case. It is simply called an iron mountain. There is more to this with the processes of calculation in the first place but I dont think that matters compared to the other core points.

Third the tropical island calc. We know that despite the view Dagon's domain actually does not go that far out and there is a border to it. Meaning that mountains in the background arent real. This is again ignoring that domain scaling is terrible.

Lastly both meteor calcs. There is 0 proof that the meteor is moving at the speeds it is calced at. And before you mention ablation, Jogo is literally a lava monster of course his meteor has fire streaming out of it. He simply summoned it in place as a giant flaming meteor. The magnitude chosen for the earthquake calc is off. That is for the low end, it is obvious why the high-end can not be used and I dont know what made you think it made sense. Regardless magnitude 5 is completely wrong.

Based on the images here, and based on the chart. The intensity at that distance would be a IV at most. Which is also a magnitude 4 at most but based on no actual damage at that distance intensity III or magnitude 3 at most is what I see.

Finally yet again no one scales to the meteor. No one tanked it and in fact Sukuna said he was going to be damaged by it if the meteor had hit. I would get round to the new calcs too soon.

Firstly I dont know why Gojo's crater was calced. The first obvious issue is that it was done with spatial hax not power. The second one is that it is obviously not the whole crater.

I hope I dont have to explain why anyone scaling above Jogo's Domain expansion is one of the wackest uses of scaling I have ever seen. The calc in itself also has issues. There is 0 proof that the hole at the top is the same diameter as the space between Jogo and Gojo. As a volcano should be it is likely that the hole is actually smaller. The "mountain" itself is not mountain sized at all. There is 0 proof of that being the case. It is simply called an iron mountain. There is more to this with the processes of calculation in the first place but I dont think that matters compared to the other core points.

Third the tropical island calc. We know that despite the view Dagon's domain actually does not go that far out and there is a border to it. Meaning that mountains in the background arent real. This is again ignoring that domain scaling is terrible.

Lastly both meteor calcs. There is 0 proof that the meteor is moving at the speeds it is calced at. And before you mention ablation, Jogo is literally a lava monster of course his meteor has fire streaming out of it. He simply summoned it in place as a giant flaming meteor. The magnitude chosen for the earthquake calc is off. That is for the low end, it is obvious why the high-end can not be used and I dont know what made you think it made sense. Regardless magnitude 5 is completely wrong.

Based on the images here, and based on the chart. The intensity at that distance would be a IV at most. Which is also a magnitude 4 at most but based on no actual damage at that distance intensity III or magnitude 3 at most is what I see.

Finally yet again no one scales to the meteor. No one tanked it and in fact Sukuna said he was going to be damaged by it if the meteor had hit. I would get round to the new calcs too soon.
Dagon calc isn't being used for scaling so ignore that.

sukuna is joking around with Jogo, he isn't actually saying it could hurt him, he's poking fun at the fact Jogo thinks it could've hit him not that it could hurt him.

jogo's technique names generally are accurate with what he's creating or using, so for you to say the iron mountain isn't a mountain is kinda wacky in itself.

I'm also not understanding why you think Sukuna doesn't scale to the meteor? Narratively he's the strongest curse but yet you think jogos meteor could hurt him? It's not making sense dude. Think about the narrative for the characters before making a argument like this based off a lack of feats.

I'm also not understanding why you think Sukuna doesn't scale to the meteor? Narratively he's the strongest curse but yet you think jogos meteor could hurt him? It's not making sense dude. Think about the narrative for the characters before making a argument like this based off a lack of feats.
Even if it could hurt him he would still scale anyway
For him not to scale implies that Jogo’s meteor would one shot kill him

sukuna is joking around with Jogo, he isn't actually saying it could hurt him, he's poking fun at the fact Jogo thinks it could've hit him not that it could hurt him.
That is not at all what I got from what he said. Jogo states if that hit even Sukuna would not be okay. And Sukuna agrees stating "if it hit". Nothing there implies Sukuna could tank it and Sukuna indeed did not tank it so scaling anyone to it physically or even not physically is a terrible idea.

jogo's technique names generally are accurate with what he's creating or using, so for you to say the iron mountain isn't a mountain is kinda wacky in itself.
That doesnt matter. It could be a mountain in shape or style but we have 0 evidence that it is th esize of an actual mountain that needs to be proven. We even know from statements that the biggest domain is Sukuna's that extends at a 200 meter radius, smaller than a small mountain.

I'm also not understanding why you think Sukuna doesn't scale to the meteor?
For reasons I have stated above.
Narratively he's the strongest curse but yet you think jogos meteor could hurt him?
He does not disagree that it would not also being the strongest curse doesnt necessarily mean being the stronger physically than every single technique that everyone has, being able to dodge evey attack in the verse already makes you the strongest (as an example). Or having techniques that allow you to ignore or beat any type of attack (Gojo's infinity) also can make you the strongest without having the same destructibility or AP.
Think about the narrative for the characters before making a argument like this based off a lack of feats.
I am thinking of the narrative you guys are the ones that arent. You automatically think that strongest means that they have higher destructibility when this is not the case. Sukuna's main ability the the power to cut stuff. Not very destructive compared to dropping a meteor. However it is still stronger than said meteor dropping due to its applications and how it works. This is not taking into account speed and different physicals.

That is not at all what I got from what he said. Jogo states if that hit even Sukuna would not be okay. And Sukuna agrees stating "if it hit". Nothing there implies Sukuna could tank it and Sukuna indeed did not tank it so scaling anyone to it physically or even not physically is a terrible idea.

That doesnt matter. It could be a mountain in shape or style but we have 0 evidence that it is th esize of an actual mountain that needs to be proven. We even know from statements that the biggest domain is Sukuna's that extends at a 200 meter radius, smaller than a small mountain.

For reasons I have stated above.

He does not disagree that it would not also being the strongest curse doesnt necessarily mean being the stronger physically than every single technique that everyone has, being able to dodge evey attack in the verse already makes you the strongest (as an example). Or having techniques that allow you to ignore or beat any type of attack (Gojo's infinity) also can make you the strongest without having the same destructibility or AP.

I am thinking of the narrative you guys are the ones that arent. You automatically think that strongest means that they have higher destructibility when this is not the case. Sukuna's main ability the the power to cut stuff. Not very destructive compared to dropping a meteor. However it is still stronger than said meteor dropping due to its applications and how it works. This is not taking into account speed and different physicals.
No you're thinking of a way to downplay the characters, I agree certain characters narratively when in reference to being the strongest isn't about ap aka Gojo, but when we're talking about Curses their strength is solely based upon their curse energy and their ct, Sukuna's curse energy is immensely above Jogo, his ct which is literally based on power is above Jogo, his domain is more powerful as well, so it just comes off as you nitpicking sukuna's statement and taking it at face value like so many jjk debaters do to try and scale Jogo to 15 fingers sukuna when we know he doesn't scale there at all. Like how does it make sense that Jogo's second greatest attack scales above 15f Sukuna when Kenjaku was telling us that Jogo isn't even 10f lvl? That doesn't follow at all.

No no it wouldnt. If you are hurt by an attack you dont scale durably to it. That completely ignores the point of durability.

Also regardless of whatever the calc is no one should scale to Jogo's creation of the iron mountain.
see like what are you doing rn? You're trying to scale Jogo's meteor above the greatest curse right now based off one statement. How does that follow the narrative for either of the characters at all?

No no it wouldnt. If you are hurt by an attack you dont scale durably to it. That completely ignores the point of durability.
This isn’t how durability works
You need a certain amount of durability to not be reduced to paste
If something can only moderately harm you,
You scale.
If Sukuna didn’t scale at all he would’ve have died which is something the narrative doesn’t imply at all.

Literally if this logic was applied to durability across the wiki lots of characters would be getting unknown durability ratings because “they were hurt somewhat so they can’t scale at all to the yield of the attack”
If you feel this should actually be the case then try to change durability standards.

Sorry if I am twisting your words here but this is what I’m understanding from what you are claiming about the meteor.

Durability is the property which guarantees the ability to withstand a certain amount of force. This is not to be confused with endurance; while durability is the ability to withstand damage, endurance is a measure of stamina.

Durability is about withstanding damage
Hurting is causing physical damage, Meteor cause damage, he get "hurt" not "killed" not "destroyed"

Where is the statement that it was the biggest?
All we know is that Sukuna exchanged the escapability of the domain for range
The radius doesn’t factor height into the equation either anyway.

Plus Gojo’s domain is seemingly is only tens of meters or so in size.

jogo's technique names generally are accurate with what he's creating or using, so for you to say the iron mountain isn't a mountain is kinda wacky in itself
Btw even Dagon’s domain name is accurate to the appearance of his domain the Horizon of the Captivating Skandha because the domain extends to the Horizon
On top of the fan book if I remember right mentioning how it has a real sea there (Although likely ends at the horizon)
Idk maybe the water is fake too after a certain point.

we've gone over this whole thing about sukunas meteor, I don't even think it should be compared to others given the way it operates considering that it doesn't make an actual separate space, it's considered the highest quality of a domain, so trying to use it as a measurement for what a domain's max range can be is a little iffy.

Btw even Dagon’s domain name is accurate to the appearance of his domain the Horizon of the Captivating Skandha because the domain extends to the Horizon
On top of the fan book if I remember right mentioning how it has a real sea there (Although likely ends at the horizon)
Idk maybe the water is fake too after a certain point.
I was about to bring this up actually, the domains are real and tend to be accurate in their description

No you're thinking of a way to downplay the characters, I agree certain characters narratively when in reference to being the strongest isn't about ap aka Gojo, but when we're talking about Curses their strength is solely based upon their curse energy and their ct, Sukuna's curse energy is immensely above Jogo, his ct which is literally based on power is above Jogo, his domain is more powerful as well, so it just comes off as you nitpicking sukuna's statement and taking it at face value like so many jjk debaters do to try and scale Jogo to 15 fingers sukuna when we know he doesn't scale there at all. Like how does it make sense that Jogo's second greatest attack scales above 15f Sukuna when Kenjaku was telling us that Jogo isn't even 10f lvl? That doesn't follow at all.
How am I the one nitpicking. I am talking about what Sukuna stated directly. You are the on nitpicking it and saying how he is just joking around with Jogo, how is anything he said in any joking way? I know Jogo doesnt scale at all. I also know that Jogo's meteor scales massive above Jogo himself. Jogo <<< Sukuna < Meteor. Second greatest attack. It is he greatest destructive attack his domain is stronger because it is a domain which has powerful effects not because it is destructive. You are proving my point. You are misunderstanding me by taking me saying Meteor > Sukuna as Jogo > Sukuna. This is not the case at all.
see like what are you doing rn? You're trying to scale Jogo's meteor above the greatest curse right now based off one statement. How does that follow the narrative for either of the characters at all?
How does that not? We are directly told that Sukuna can not take it an Sukuna agrees you are th eone trying to make up some random thing about sukuna joking around. Sure he wasnt taking jogo seriously but hesure as hell was not going to take that meteor to the face and survive.
If something can only moderately harm you,
You scale.
Well sukuna being moderately hurt is certainly not what was going to happen. Unless you can prove that of course.
If Sukuna didn’t scale at all he would’ve have died which is something the narrative doesn’t imply at all.
Maybe he wouldnt have died, (ignoring that he can literally revive btw) but there is not reason to believe he would only be moderately hurt by the meteor.
Sorry if I am twisting your words here but this is what I’m understanding from what you are claiming about the meteor.
You are indeed twisting my words. I am not saying just being slightly hurt would mean you dont scale. I am saying that we have no proof that Sukuna would only be slightly hurt. The implication is that he would take significant damage taking significant damage does not lead to scaling to an attack. Veyr few times in fiction do people get oneshot.
Plus Gojo’s domain is seemingly is only tens of meters or so in size.
Yet again proving my point domain should not scale to physicals in any way.
Hurting is causing physical damage, Meteor cause damage, he get "hurt" not "killed" not "destroyed"
Depends entirely on how much he would get hurt.
We know that it only looks that way while it has an edge yo it like every domain.

Yeah, everything you said will be the subject of the massive revision. If you want I can argue with you on saturday

These are old topics that have been argued and discussed to death in the past, not continuing this anymore. If it's a true problem with you make a crt and see how that goes. @Rocker1189

Back