• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

Excuses can still be valid you understand that right? He obviously feels regretful but what he said still holds true. Maki’s only one person with two arms and a sword, if millions of curses were released she wouldn’t be capable of dealing with them all to prevent civilians from dying like Rika can.
Who cares about civilians when if Sukuna wins, he can do far more bad things

Killing Sukuna should've been the top priority instead of caring about Megumi or civilians, that's my whole point

And Yuta himself decided to drop these excuses and admitted that its his fault so I don't really understand why you will defend that position
Yuta is the type of person who blames himself whenever something goes wrong, of course he thinks he's at fault for Higurama's death.
He isn't wrong here though, if he activated his domain while Higuruma has the sword + with Yuji's punches, that would've been too much on Sukuna to handle and they would've pushed him to the limit

However he also mentions how Maki would've struggled with all of those released curse spirits. You know the very next page after that first one you posted, the one you left out for some reason.
I didn't leave it because of bad intents, I already answered Arkenis regarding this
I did because after that he said "I'm just making excuses, I just wanted to kill Kenjaku myself"

So again, he did that not because "well Maki can't do the job" but because he wanted to be the one to kill Kenjaku, he was putting excuses to justify this
In fact I mentioned previously that he was making excuses, and I was referring to that line about the curses going on a rampage after killing Kenny

It's like defeating Kenjaku and Sukuna is a multi-facited problem for a number of reasons which doesn't have easy solutions to it no matter what they group chooses to do.
Sure
If Maki killed Kenny, the curses would've killed many civilians, Yuta will use his domain and seal Sukuna's 2 hands and jump him with Yuji and Higu which would've been a plan that has the highest winning probability

If Yuta killed Kenny, Sukuna will get stronger during that process and will destroy the sword of excutioner's plan, and Yuta will have to fight him with Yuji (a plan that clearly failed)

They didn't forget that at all, they just want to save Megumi regardless whether or not Gojo loses. They don't want to kill Megumi, that's not them suffering from PIS that's them not wanting to kill a friend. Not to mention, that everything they've done so far isn't just helping in saving Megumi but also in weakening Sukuna. It's not like they're not doing all they can to stack the deck in their favor, by delimbing him, attempting to remove his curse techinque and removing his curse tool, and lowering his CE output by messing with his soul bond and forcing him to heal. This isn't being risky
I already brought the scan where Maki said they need to weaken him to save Megumi

So while they are doing all that, they are doing it just to save Megumi

A demon (Sukuna) took on your friend (Megumi( and defeated mankind's strongest armies (Gojo), and hes basically going to **** up everyone once he takes over the world
0001-054.png

0001-055.png

I think realistically if someone had the chance to finish off that demon, they would do that even if it killed their friend, unless that person was too selfish/emotional honestly lol
And you seem to not get the point that of the three so far, only Hana was really making decisions which was just a wrong one. Yuta removed Kenjaku from the field, who was an active threat to everyone but Sukuna in the culling games that's not the wrong decision in any capacity.
But as its already stated, Maki could've killed Kenjaku
Maki stabbing Sukuna through the heart is still debilitating him right now and taken away his ability to do the World Cutting Slash that has had everyone worried. Sure she hasn't killed him, but killing Sukuna isn't any task for any of them.
I'm not saying she didn't do anything so that's not addressing my point, I'm saying she should've killed Sukuna when she had the chance, but she didnt, and now that Sukuna is getting his output back and getting stronger
They might all die just because they wasted these chances because they wanted to save Megumi which is a stupid decision imo

And It would've been much better if it was "they failed to kill him no matter how they tried" instead of "they didn't kill him because that's not their task, but the mc's task"
You clearly aren't paying attention if you think they're making "stupid decisions
I mean, at this point its just a difference of perspectives so I will agree to disagree

Who cares about civilians when if Sukuna wins, he can do far more bad things

Killing Sukuna should've been the top priority instead of caring about Megumi or civilians, that's my whole point

And Yuta himself decided to drop these excuses and admitted that its his fault so I don't really understand why you will defend that position
Yuta cares.... And I already said excuses can still be valid.

That was explicitly a sneak attack so, idk how you think this demonstrates an instance of them pushing Sukuna into a corner via their own relativity to him
This is literally Maki fumbling and failing to kill Sukuna when she easily could’ve. Sukuna got lucky they’re stupid

This is literally Maki fumbling and failing to kill Sukuna when she easily could’ve. Sukuna got lucky they’re stupid
She did try to kill him, but her fighting style is different. This is the same thing as when she pierced Naoya's heart first. Sukuna was just way faster. Look at her hand going up, just like how she killed Naoya. He just got out of the way before that.
4-wgM01pMrG1nAP-m.jpg
5-n_sOtyf2hoGX2-m.jpg

Have you never read a shonen before? One Piece, Naruto, Black Clover, Demon Slayer, My Hero Academia, etc. Like trying to save your friend from insane odds with insane risk isn't anything new. Nor is JJk particularly offensive in this measure.
they never do this in any of the shonens I watch. Like, Goku sacrificed his family to get the **** away from buu and save the universe

Have you never read a shonen before? One Piece, Naruto, Black Clover, Demon Slayer, My Hero Academia, etc. Like trying to save your friend from insane odds with insane risk isn't anything new. Nor is JJk particularly offensive in this measure.
I have a love/hate relationship w/this trope.

On one hand, who doesn't love watching ride or dies friends that'll fight tooth and nail to protect each other? Their bonds of love and care for each other can be an inspiration for generations. On the other hand, it doesn't take away from the fact that in this situation you're still choosing your friends/family over world and risking lives. And just b/c it's common trope, doesn't mean you have to like and/or not point out the flaws.

I feel that Attack on Titan handled this w/near perfection.

0251-017.png
0149-018.png

"They wanna save Megumi"
Stabbed in the soul AND heart
Gojo: I wanna crush his heart, lungs, AND liver
Gojo: BIG PURPLE
Megumi: Blud I gave up, he killed my sister and sensei

Yuji trained in RCT and learned it within a month. Yuji's pretty talented.
Higuruma has talent on par with Gojo, attempted RCT mid fight and succeeded.
They need all the help they can get. It's Sukuna. We see Miguel and Larue were called in.
Why wasn't Higuruma trained in RCT and domain lethality?

Yorozu sacrificed her life to make Kamutoke.
Mai sacrificed her life to make SSK (how does she even know about that weapon???)
Why didn't anyone think about sacrificing their life for the INVERTED SPEAR OF HEAVEN

In JJK learning one's soul and understanding the contours allows for soul attacks and to an extent soul reshaping with rct.
What was Yuki's research even on if not understanding the soul? How did she have a notebook of soul information and yet none of it could aid them in learning soul manipulation? Not everyone obviously but Yuta, Higuruma, and Gojo, the most talented sorcerers. How did that book end up helping no one but gave info about soul mixing and that's all they took from it? And we might get more info later on and it helps but what was the wait for?

They need all the help they can get. It's Sukuna. We see Miguel and Larue were called in.
I find it funny that Gojo needed 15 years to learn RCT in the middle of the fight, while Shoko, whose skills aren't good, learned RCT way before Gojo. So stop coping with everything. Yuji is that guy. You are acting like Gojo learned RCT without a life or death situation like Higuruma.
Mai sacrificed her life to make SSK (how does she even know about that weapon???)
Why didn't anyone think about sacrificing their life for the INVERTED SPEAR OF HEAVEN
ISOH isn't all that great if you aren't facing a Limitless user. SSK has way more advantages. Also, SSK is a cursed tool which was used by Toji, who belonged to the Zenin clan. It's not something to overthink that they might have documents on that.

ISOH isn't all that great if you aren't facing a Limitless user. SSK has way more advantages. Also, SSK is a cursed tool which was used by Toji, who belonged to the Zenin clan. It's not something to overthink that they might have documents on that.
ISOH would have allowed the gang to free Gojo faster thus preventing the events that occur during the Culling Games and Shinjuku Showdown

0251-017.png
0149-018.png

"They wanna save Megumi"
Stabbed in the soul AND heart
Gojo: I wanna crush his heart, lungs, AND liver
Gojo: BIG PURPLE
Megumi: Blud I gave up, he killed my sister and sensei

RCT is hard to come by, it was probably attempted and he failed until the heat of the moment. And the nature of his CT is why lethality wasn't trained up, lethality domains are why domains are so rare in the first place withing jjk so getting your CT to evolve to that rare level isn't some easy task.
None of the surviving people have the curse technique construction like those two did. So no one could sacrifice themselves to create another ISOH.
In JJK learning one's soul and understanding the contours allows for soul attacks and to an extent soul reshaping with rct.
What was Yuki's research even on if not understanding the soul? How did she have a notebook of soul information and yet none of it could aid them in learning soul manipulation? Not everyone obviously but Yuta, Higuruma, and Gojo, the most talented sorcerers. How did that book end up helping no one but gave info about soul mixing and that's all they took from it? And we might get more info later on and it helps but what was the wait for?
The Soul stuff is why yuji has blood manipulation because he's uniquely placed to understand the soul better than anyone else in the series. He and Maki have their understanding from one being possessed and the other having her sister live on through the SSK. And Gojo can interact with souls as seen with his domain expansion. It's not as much an issue of talent but of experience

I find it funny that Gojo needed 15 years to learn RCT in the middle of the fight, while Shoko, whose skills aren't good, learned RCT way before Gojo. So stop coping with everything. Yuji is that guy. You are acting like Gojo learned RCT without a life or death situation like Higuruma.
Gojo spent most of that time being a child

Ryu got hit with a dismantle from the same finger level Sukuna
Who was all casual and chilling? He even says he was planning to slice him into three pieces, the exact same line he used against the finger bearer on a casual play.
ははっ 何だお前
三枚に卸す つもりだったが なかなかやるな
"Haha, nice. What’s up with you? I was planning to slice you into three pieces, but you’re actually quite good, aren’t you?"

すまんすまん 見縊っていた 次は本気で やってやる

"Sorry, sorry. I was just testing you. Next time, I’ll hit you for real"

IMG_9402.jpg

IMG_9403.jpg

Quote on quote he thought Ryu was bad, trash. As he used the same power as he did against the finger bearer who got chopped into pieces of meat, and was impressed to see that Ryu got away with just a injury like that, albeit from one slash only.
Also, you do realize that the slash is different, right? The one used against Mahoraga, vs the one used against Ryu. The latter is completely casual whereas the former isn't the same.

jjktcb_118_03.jpg

Throws couple of punches in, stunning him.

jjktcb_118_04.jpg

Then throws in A DISMANTLE that isn't thrown under the same circumstances as the one used against Ryu. (Statement), additionally there are three slashes here. Against Ryu there is just one.

jjktcb_118_07.jpg

Proceeds to counter the next incoming big slash.

And then he survives the cleave.
jjktcb_118_12.jpg

Unlike the dude who got one tap casually blitzed killed.

And following your idea of CE level equating to fingers (which isn't the best train of logic since Sukuna even at one finger could walk all over a curse who was at One Finger, and the Finger Bearer that Megumi fought after was stronger than the one beforehand showing how the fingers individual strength is growing as time goes on as said within the series)
? Bro, the finger bearer could have another finger all it wants, it'll still be trash. Yall think just because a FB has a finger then now it is peak. No bro, that's not how it works. It gives output sure, but that's not equivalent to ce control. 1F Sukuna is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any FB based on ce control, which translates to far greater output.
That growth you're speaking of could be attributed to just the finger bearer itself having greater ce control too though, so that's not really a good argument, since Megumi never said the finger itself had grown. We're also told in the series that due to the seals weakening the fingers get stronger. Additionally, fingers tend to have different levels of presences. weak, strong, etc. (hiding or showing off more immense pressure)

Yuta isn't told to jump in till Sukuna is at half which would be 10F,
He's never told anything here though? What are you talking about?
Also, more than half. Because Sukuna got more than double ce reserves of that of Yuta, and now he matches Yuta. So 9F really. Not to mention the bunch of nerfs heavily weakening Sukuna to levels far below that.

and Sukuna puts himself at Yuta's level when they start fighting which has Yuta able to damage this same Sukuna with his hits, even tearing off limbs and such.
At his LEVEL in ce reserves. "Has able to damage or tear off limbs" Mainly with sword yes. That's whilst ignoring the fact that he has to put his output in for HWB, making two of his arms unavailable, whilst he's getting jumped by Yuta, Yuji and Rika, with Sukuna's abilities weakened by the domain itself, with a possible debuff ontop of that on his stats (Read Miguel's CT explanation and how it is compared to a domain), whilst Yuta himself is domain amped. Additionally that Sukuna has been having his output dwindling down from Yuji's hit, by the time Yuta reached him, and some more inside the domain.
No idea as to how you think they still scale, notwithstanding the fact that he (Sukuna) was still holding back in that situation.

To say these characters are below 3f is crazy
Maki and Toji could be 3F if we go by the 3F Meta, (stats wise) I even said that.
Don't see that much for the others like Hakari and Yuta. Stats wise I don't see that for them really.

no where does it say he's at 10F level though
We are told that Sukuna's ce reserves less than half.

I don't agree with reserves deciding output solely,
I mean, that just brings me to lay out this question:
Do you think each finger Sukuna consumes gives him more increased ce control
Or do you think it only gives him more ce reserves?
If you think it is the latter, then Sukuna having less than half of his reserves means the amount of output he could put, is less than 10F at his best without any nerf (Obviously Sukuna is nerfed there but you get what I mean)

Gojo spent most of that time being a child
Being a child is no excuse; even though Gojo had knowledge of Jujutsu from birth, Higuruma, who only awakened his powers a month ago, had zero knowledge of it. Shoko was the same age as Gojo, in case you forgot. Gojo also knew about how RCT works, but he couldn't put it into practice. That's why he failed at Red all the time and only achieved it after when he tapped into RCT.

The whole point is saying Yuji learned RCT on his own, so Higuruma should have is a lack of understanding of how the narrative showcased RCT awakening in the verse so far.

So what SHOKO is the biggest genius in the series because she awakened RCT on her own?

Being a child is no excuse; even though Gojo had knowledge of Jujutsu from birth, Higuruma, who only awakened his powers a month ago, had zero knowledge of it. Shoko was the same age as Gojo, in case you forgot. Gojo also knew about how RCT works, but he couldn't put it into practice. That's why he failed at Red all the time and only achieved it after when he tapped into RCT.

The whole point is saying Yuji learned RCT on his own, so Higuruma should have is a lack of understanding of how the narrative showcased RCT awakening in the verse so far.

So what SHOKO is the biggest genius in the series because she awakened RCT on her own?
You're missing my point. Most of those years aren't practical

I find it funny that Gojo needed 15 years to learn RCT in the middle of the fight, while Shoko, whose skills aren't good, learned RCT way before Gojo.
RCT is Shoko's technique ngl.
Also what? Do you know when you get to acquire your ct btw? Around 5-6 years old. And then it continues to get engraved into your brain more and more. Why do you think Gojo was trying to learn rct for straight up 15 years?

RCT is Shoko's technique ngl.
It might as well be her only technique lmao

We've only ever seen her being stated to use RCT

We still haven't been shown Shoko using RCT on screen
Also what? Do you know when you get to acquire your ct btw? Around 5-6 years old. And then it continues to get engraved into your brain more and more. Why do you think Gojo was trying to learn rct for straight up 15 years?
Higuruma learning RCT and Yuji training to be able to use it are impressive feats

There are ways to say that without saying that Gojo needed 15 years to do it which is stupid lol

Being a child is no excuse; even though Gojo had knowledge of Jujutsu from birth,
which doesn't matter when he can't get his ct until 5-6 years old? And even then it continues to get engraved as time goes on. You act as if that knowledge from the clan is over the top. If that was the case then he wouldn't go and be enrolled in a sorcery school. Which is like several years later. And you have yet to prove Gojo learning sorcery at birth like you say. Even though gojo is pampered/spoiled in his family instead..

Gojo also knew about how RCT works
for the first time potentially through Shoko who gave a explanation that wasn't even a explanation. are you serious? he learned how to do it ON his own and understand the process on his own too! after death.
That's why he failed at Red all the time and only achieved it after when he tapped into RCT.
after like few attempts 👍 especially when he was just casually ****** around.

with a month of training alongside other rct users like Adult Shoko and Yuta, whilst Yuji can swap with people and shi.
Lol. Try to get them to fall under the same circumstances as gojo please. that's not to mention that life and death battles, or constant battles, in JJK, help accelerate your growth and so on. Which is what Yuji mainly went through a lot, especially two cases where he died and got revived through rct. Yuji if you didn't forget, shared some time alongside Sukuna, and had witnessed Sukuna use rct multiple times. In same body no less.

I mean, that just brings me to lay out this question:
Do you think each finger Sukuna consumes gives him more increased ce control
Or do you think it only gives him more ce reserves?
If you think it is the latter, then Sukuna having less than half of his reserves means the amount of output he could put, is less than 10F at his best without any nerf (Obviously Sukuna is nerfed there but you get what I mean)
We know that each finger houses an aspect of Sukuna's soul and Mahito comments on Sukuna power as the "intensity of his soul" so I do agree there's more to it than just reserves, it's just a little vague. Although my main point with this is saying just because Sukuna and Yuta have the same CE reserves doesn't make them equal in power, which was the claim they were making, as Sukuna obviously has the better CE control; I'm fine with saying the fingers only amp CE reserves but due to Sukuna's efficiency he can utilise those full reserves to translate it into improved output.

I've been stacking chapters for a couple manga I read (JJK, CSM, MHA, Frieren etc etc) cause I'm pretty busy with school and work.

But also just reading the discussions in these threads give me my fill, since this chapter in particular was pretty big: (Speed Cap removal via Gojo, Yuji Black Flash, John Werry's Common L Translations.. etc)

I've been stacking chapters for a couple manga I read (JJK, CSM, MHA, Frieren etc etc) cause I'm pretty busy with school and work.

But also just reading the discussions in these threads give me my fill, since this chapter in particular was pretty big: (Speed Cap removal via Gojo, Yuji Black Flash, John Werry's Common L Translations.. etc)
You'd probably understand the chapters better just following this thread than reading John Werry's translations, haha.

Back